Zebra Technologies Employee Reviews

Great Flexible Company
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILDecember 4, 2018
Great company with great culture. Offers a flexible work-life balance and keeps you challenged. Great autonomy and work from home benefits. Many perks such as a cafe and gym.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Contract work and budgeting
Quite challenging given Zebra's recent purchase of our division from Motorola.
Sr. Director, Global Accounts (Former Employee) –  remote, AZNovember 26, 2018
Zebra just purchased our division from Motorola and was going through challenges in integrating this new business. Numerous senior level management positions were being reassigned, so while I was there, it was quite challenging.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of direction and commitment to global accounts.
Productive & charismatic balance
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILNovember 24, 2018
Good place for strong individuals to learn and share. Workplace culture was enjoyable and diverse.

Hardest part was getting things done with changes in people's duties due to organizational shifts.
Pros
Good coworkers, new connections, charismatic, down to earth, gets the job done, flexible talent, competitive pay
Cons
Teams shifting, individual presence with remote work, slight uncertainty with returning talent
Excelente Ambiente de Trabajo
Customer Support Representative Senior Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ciudad Juárez, Chih.November 22, 2018
Excelente Ambiente de trabajo, pero desafortunada mente la Empresa cerro la planta en Ciudad Juarez y se consolidaron el Chicago Il USA
Pros
Prestaciones
Cons
Ninguno
Ok company to work for.
Repair and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 21, 2018
Work pace slow but repetitive every day. Great people to work for but brace yourself for boredom. The work is to easy not challenging and it has it perks.
Pros
overal great company
Cons
slow pace
Zebra is a great company providing the best workplace culture to its employees.
Global Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  广州市November 18, 2018
Zebra is a great workplace for all people who like the US culture, work hard and play hard. The executive team of the company is leading us to grow the company bigger and bigger. We have a clear vision in Asset Indentification Tracking. With the aquisition of Motorola Enterprise Solution, we have a total solutions/porfolio for the markets such as retails, logistics and transportation, manufacturering and healthcare.
Walk on egg shells if you want to survive
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 15, 2018
The pay is good the hours suck. Mandatory overtime is a joke. 4am start time is the worst. If your a contract employee you better watch your back. All you have to do is make the wrong person slightly upset and your done. Everyone will act like your best friend but as soon as they can they will stab you right in the back over nothing. If you keep quiet and work like a slave you will be just fine. O and god forbid a family emergency happens and you have to miss a day of work because if your a temp and that happens youre good as gone.
Pros
Good pay alot of hours
Cons
Alot
Operator (Current Employee) –  Flowery branchNovember 9, 2018
Management needs to make decisions base on business needs, not personal needs. Due to this issue a selected few of employees and staff are not held accountable for their poor decisions. This has been a repetitive issue with the same actions....HR and top Management visits, interview employees, request changes etc. They are not seeing the big issue or not wanting to accept the fact that the leaders they have does not have the requirements to lead the operation. Zebra has a great vision but the key roles within the operation can barely make ends meet throughout the day.
Good people
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2018
Good place to work a lot of good people. Worked with account managers to place order for return or new units going out. Updated monthly reconciliation for 116 accounts. Made sure of accuracy of order to ensure they were delivered correctly.
The poor management was too much
Repair Service Technician, Quality control (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 1, 2018
The management at the location I was hired is notorious for being cut-throat and condecensding to many of its workers. There was also little possibility of advancement based on actual job merit, instead it was apparently solely dependent on the relationship with management. I knew many people who were great co-workers, but ultimatly were not offered career-advancment options because a person in the chain of command wanted to place one of their friends in the position. Not everyone in managment acted like this, but unfortunatly they often had no choice in the matter.

On a positive note, the benefits that the company offers are more or less industry standard, and I never had an issue regarding this.
Benefits
Cons
Management, career advancement
Buen ambiente de trabajo e instalaciones
Asistente Administrativo (Former Employee) –  Colonia Narvarte, D. F.October 31, 2018
Es muy agradable trabajar ahí, todos son muy comprometidos con su trabajo y las instalaciones son de alto nivel
Enjoyed learning curve and at the same time produced.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 31, 2018
It has been interesting and learning journey working as an Accountant . Always believed in learning and teaching. Recieved lot of appreciation for my work.
Devops scm
DevOps - Software Configuration Management (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 17, 2018
The day goes as per the planning.
I learned balancing the work/life efficiently
It's a good workplace culture in DevOps SCM team.
Learning new things regularly was enjoyable part of the job.
Plenty of overtime, bad management.
Repair Technician II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 17, 2018
The work place is clean and there are a lot of nice people there.
The pay is not the best, but there are a lot of opportunities for overtime.
The management is awful. They set productivity goals that are unobtainable. Provide little to no support for second and third shift, while still expecting high productivity. Expect to have someone looking over your shoulder if you aren't meeting your productivity numbers. Every time you have a highly productive day, that becomes your baseline. Management will always expect more, but when it comes to yearly raises do not expect more than $0.50 at most.
For how difficult and stressful the work is, I would not recommend anyone to pursue a job in the Buffalo Grove repair depot. They will probably start you off at $12 an hour and expect you to perform at the same level as someone who has been there for multiple years, with little to no training.
Pros
Clean, friendly employees
Cons
Management is terrible, stressful work environment
Amazing Company
Player Tracking Specialist - Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Foxborough, MAOctober 9, 2018
I only work here part time - for NFL games on site. But its a great gig. I get a great seat to all the games and make money for watching my favorite team play! Whats not to love?
Best job I ever had
Machine Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, LancashireOctober 4, 2018
I’ve been working for Zebra for a short period now. The first time I came in this company I didn’t know what to expect, honesty I didn’t have big expectations as I know how other companies behave. I am in love with this place and the people who work here are so friendly and there to help at any time. You have the opportunity to help in other departments, therefore learn new things and progress. We have weekly meetings, we are informed about all the changes that the company goes through, oftentimes we are treated with cakes, pizza, fish&chips, also, we get reward points that we can use for online shopping. I am thankful to be a part of Zebra and I hope we’ll never brake up ❤️
Pros
Snaks, free drinks, treats
Not a goob place to start
Operator (Former Employee) –  Flowers branch,GAOctober 3, 2018
The plant manager/supervisor pushing operator and some employee have issue the employees don't know how to talk to people also they don't like the way you work they want you to do thier way. Hire people to work ask a machine operator but make box t stay away from this company
poor mgmt
Production Operator I (Former Employee) –  flowery branchSeptember 26, 2018
bad mgmt different policies on every shift had to work nlike a sweat shop couldnt ever usevyour pto or if you did you would get a write up i definently would stay away from this company
Pros
non
Cons
to many to list
El mejor trabajo en el cual pude aprender y crecer
Servicio al cliente- Administrador (Former Employee) –  Reynosa, Tamps.September 26, 2018
Las mejores experiencias y aprendizaje me lo dio Zebra
Pretty good
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 25, 2018
Wanted to get hired in their but never did hope to grow with them but never had a opertudiited to work with them and get full time work and been working hard even taking overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zebra Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.