Wildlife Reserves Singapore Employee Reviews

Good Enviroment
Event Sales Coordinator (Internship) (Former Employee) –  JurongSeptember 11, 2017
Fun working environment.

Additional perks if you love animals.

Job scope allows you to reach your highest potential level.

Free lunches and many office bonding events.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Fast paced environment
A highly political and top-down authoritarian mgmt style
Tram Captain (Current Employee) –  Mandai ZooSeptember 9, 2017
A company that always implement cost-cutting measures that affect the morale and productivity of the operational staff. The mgmt are also not interested in the opinions and suggestions of the operational staff for work-related improvements. Any suggestions that require money are immediately rejected even though it might save more costs in the long run.
Pros
Free lunches. Good medical benefits.
Cons
Top-down authoritarian mgmt style.
Conducive environment
Conservation Ambassador (Current Employee) –  MandaiApril 10, 2017
I have learnt many different things ever since I started volunteering at the zoo. It has taught me to be careful about what i buy and where i get my stuff, and the different ways to conserve the different animals
Why I loved my job but hated the environment
Junior Zookeeper (Current Employee) –  MandaiJuly 8, 2016
In my opinion, a typical day at work would be a fun and productive day though it is tiring. I love my job as a Zookeeper however working there, you don't feel that you are entitled to the benefits there nor are you able to grow as a person or co-worker.

We are constantly reprimanded for the things we do based on "thinking out of the box" but are "encouraged" by the higher management to "think out of the box" which is very contradicting.

Besides that, you co-workers that slack off from work are not reprimanded but those who are constantly doing their job on the ball, well, their efforts are not recognized.

But all in all, what I loved most about my job are the animals I am able to take care from everyday, be it when they are healthy or sick, I love them all. They are the ones that gets me through the day at work.
Pros
free lunch, get to work with different animals
Cons
long hours, hard labour, salary too little, horrible co-workers
Wildlife Experience
Administrative Executive (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00July 22, 2015
Fresh experience on sales as it has never been my cup of tea previously. I was afraid if I could't manage but with sheer determination to venture on something new, I get the hang of it. Thanks to cooperative colleagues who are willing to guide me and motivate me.