Walmart Employee Reviews for Merchandising Assistant

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 169,572 reviews
Productive and fun work environment
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 20, 2018
Everyone in our department worked together to ensure the clubs received the best quality products and pricing possible, at the same time keeping our vendors happy.
Productive and Creative
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  深圳市April 20, 2018
Very enjoyable place to work, nice people with good attitudes and family-like relationships. Productive and creative working atmosphere. Work load is reasonable and flexible.
stressful work place
FRESH FOOD/GENERAL MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2018
n\a do not treat there people well some folk can get away with thing and hard working people get dog out then they step on you when you speak up you get let go
Extremely Busy
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 18, 2017
I worked for Wal-Mart Inc for 20yrs. I worked in the stores for 10 years worked in every area in the store from the check outs to departments, layaway and claims clerk. I transferred to the home office and started in accounting on the help desk and moved to the people divisions RPA and then on to girlswear merchandising. I learned many valuable life lessons while working for this company they were always good to me.
Pros
Vacation Days and flex hours
Cons
Low wages
great work place
Merchandise & Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2017
working at Walmart was such a great experience,
all the employees there are friendly they make the working place feel like home. everyone treats others with respect,
the managers also show car to the employees.
Excellent place to work
Responsibilities - Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 11, 2017
Walmart Canada is an excellent place to work. It is a dynamic environment where the day to day is ever changing. It's great if you enjoy hard work, fostering relationships and working with an abundance of knowledgeable colleagues.
Pros
Community Environment
Cons
Very good company, fair, and well organized
Merchandise Planner / Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 5, 2017
Great company to work for. Offer good career path as well as great learning experience if you chose to be in retail.

Great place to work and great benefits
Typical day at work
Merchandise Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 24, 2017
Always changing and fast paced. This helps make the day go by faster and gives you a felling of accomplishment. We work as a team to meet category goals.
Boys Club
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAApril 13, 2017
The team is primarily comprised of fresh out of college students in their mid-early twenties. Lead by "Big Brother" fraternity types. Typical 9-5, and in need of diversity among their employees.
Pros
Good for Entry Level Recruiting
Cons
Lacks Diversity
Productive and challenging environment
Merchandise Assistant (Current Employee) –  PRSeptember 20, 2015
Item creation, analyzing item performance, category maintenance, working with US counterparts, supplier/vendor meetings and relationships, working hand on hand with multifunctional teams(marketing, accounting, demo department, replenishment, Clubs). Coordinating item participation in marketing initiatives, billing suppliers via coop agreements.
Endless Opportunities
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 19, 2014
Great Company to work for. Endless Opportunities in every field of business and more.
It was a good place to work
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYOctober 24, 2014
We would start with a meeting each morning to get our job for that day.I worked with a lot of great people and I made a lot of new friends. The management was real nice and very helpful. I don't know if there was a hard apart about this job I really liked it and I was sorry when the job ended because it was only temporary because they were remodling the store at that time. The most enjoyable part coming to work each day.
Pros
was a good job
Cons
not long enough
Being able to learn new techniques to help me to get the job done
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PROctober 20, 2014
Being able to work at the Home Office let me get a better view of how merchandise was acquired and how it got delivered to the stores. Also to keep track of this merchandise and make it more approachable to the customers. Good communication was the best tool ever.
Pros
Good environment, new techniques, new responsibilities
Cons
Not everyone wanted to share reponsibilities
Be productive
General Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 14, 2014
This is a great place to work if you can provide the productive skills that they are looking for. Wal-Mart has some extensive labor when working as a stock person. As an overnight stocker, you can expect plenty to do when the trucks come in. I was hired in apparel and the main objective was to get the merchandise out for customer purchase.
A great company to work with and for
Merchandising Assistant - Deli Wall (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 29, 2013
I enjoyed the teams and people i got to work with, as well as the valuable experiences and learning i received.
Excellent place to work
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Home officeAugust 28, 2012
It is an excellent place to work. Great work ethics and work/life balance.
Great place to grow your skills and abilities
Merchandise Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, CaliforniaNovember 12, 2011
I love the fact that I am surrounded by the most innovative, creative and talented people. I have learned so much from day to day skills and the right attitude I need to make things happen fast and efficiently.
Pros
great place to obtain, grow and learn.
Cons
very conservative environment.
Not associate manager friendly. No engagement from management to employees.
Operations/Merchandising/Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 4, 2011
A okay place to work if you are looking for a second part time job or a first job for those just graduating, but not if you are knowledgeable about the business and want to seek a career.
Pros
very nice old timers from "the sam" years
Cons
lack of managerial skills on management teams, average pay at each level unless seiority, unethical business approach slary and hourly mgmnt