Walgreens Employee Reviews for Shift Leader

Not for everyone
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 17, 2018
They don't like to work with parents schedules. The company is so wishy washy. The day one thing and set policies. When employees do what we are told we get in trouble because it upsets the customer.
no review
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Belfast, MESeptember 16, 2018
Working at Walgreen's is challenging, its hard work you need to be able to lift at least 50 pounds. Working with customers is fun and challenging at the same time. You need to be able to multi task on a daily bases. My co-workers and I like to have fun with each other we are like a family.
Pros
discounts of 15-20%
Cons
scheduling of hours, not paid enough for the jobs that we have to do
Its a good place to work
Manager/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARSeptember 15, 2018
Good place to work, learn and grow. Taking care of their Walgreen's family. Health care coverage and the benefits of discouts for being employeed there are good. Very respectful and profetional.
Pros
health insurance, life resources center providing help where u need it, employee discounts, can grow
Awful corporate management
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Basically I felt that I work for and with good people at store level, but beyond that the company didn't seem to care much at all for employees needs.
Pros
Good people at store #04023
Cons
Corporate and benefits are terrible
fun place
Shift-Leader (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 12, 2018
Every store manager for Walgreens is caring, smart, and very nice. The bad thing about Walgreens is that if you are in the management team you have to devote yourself to the job. Which means working long hours, depending on how many people are working at the store as in my store, we are very short staffed so the management team covers some of the CSA shifts
Do more with less
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 10, 2018
Walgreens was okay at times, awful at others. The company kept trying to do more for their customers while forgetting about their employees. The pay wasn't great, hours were all over the place, management was lacking. Corporate wanted to be able to do more with less, even if it meant making their employees break under pressure,
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Stressful work environment, didn't care about employees, low pay for high amount of work.
Ok place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNSeptember 9, 2018
Your a retail supervisor at a department store/pharmacy. Your deal with money, customer complaints, employees, and help in the pharmacy. You either open or close down the store on a regular basis.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
Can be fun place to work.
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Platte City, MOSeptember 8, 2018
I like helping people and Walgreens enabled me to do that. Employee discount was nice. Plus the earned points that can be used as cash are nice as well. Flexible schedule if your not in mgmt. They recently restructured their mgmt ranks. Cutting many asst. mgr positions for lower paying shift lead positions. Hurt a lot of good people.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Low pay
"Always squeeze as much as you can, then squeeze some more." Quote by my 2nd store manager.
Shift Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 5, 2018
A store manager can make or break how you feel about the company. It depends on how driven a manager is as to how you are treated. Out of 5 store managers, I only had one that I thought was a good store manager.
Pros
Store discount is the only thing I could think of as a Pro.
Cons
Store manager's favorites - says it all.
A nice company to work for
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 4, 2018
It’s a good company to work for there. They have on the job training that is nice. Plus you get to work with great group of people. There benefits are great also 401k stocks. Flexible hrs
its ok
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 31, 2018
working for walgreens was ok when the people are great to each other. i always had good relationship with employees and treated them fairly, so they did the same
benefits
Cons
lack of management
Fast paced need to be able to mulit task
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXAugust 29, 2018
You need to know how to work a register as well as unload a truck and stock. Be willing to learn different departments, the more you are willing the learn the quicker you can move up with the company.
Not for family oriented person
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 28, 2018
If you like spending time with your family or working a set schedule this place well not be for you. They also stretch you very thin between the photo department pharmacy and being a manager.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Slow advancement with ability to burn out easily
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNAugust 27, 2018
Walgreens has been a great place to work thus far. It is fast past most of the time, depending on what your job is. Your co-workers make the job enjoyable.
Great place to work with the right leadership
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 27, 2018
Depending on who your manager is, it can be a great place to work. My fist manager was probably the best I've ever had. Always willing to mentor, drives people to success, helps strengthen weaknesses. Advancement given to those who worked hard and showed initiative
I hate walgreens
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 27, 2018
I was left in a position of management with no employess and was robbed srveral times... They did nothing to fix the problem at all ..i have a sick child and they never gave compassion to our situation at all
Poor management and poor pay
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 26, 2018
The way Walgreens is becoming is very cooperate. It use to be about both the employees and customers, but now it's about numbers and making their money.
SHIFT LEAD MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 26, 2018
Great job to work at. The employee discount is very handy and as long as the store is staffed, the maintenance and tasks for the staff are easily completed.
Great place to start
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 24, 2018
If you're just getting into retail, Walgreens is a great place to start. Through their various store training programs and with the support of your peers and upper management, you will learn the basics of how a retail location operates.
Good for Students
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAAugust 24, 2018
Flexible hours allow for students to work when they can. A typical day at included working at the register/customer service, cleaning the store, and stocking shelves. Not too hard, but not a place for someone looking to make a huge difference in the world or have fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K