Walgreens Employee Reviews for Shift Leader

Found 1,416 reviews matching the search See all 26,083 reviews
Safe environment, strong teamwork
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Canyon, AZDecember 10, 2018
Team workplace culture, supportive management

Hardest part of the job: Too many resets with unrealistic time frames to complete

The most enjoyable part of the job: Autonomy
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Short Breaks, Low pay, Limited Advancement Opportunities
Great company to work for
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 9, 2018
If you are planning to have a long term job, Walgreens is the place to go. As long as you follow company policies, you are guaranteed to have the job for as long as you work there. You could even get promotions
Extraordinary customer care
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 7, 2018
Walgreens really believes in helping each and every customer. They're vast array of products makes it a simple one stop shop for most people. They’re pharmacists use all the knowledge they’ve learned in school to better help customers with they’re medical needs. Treating each customer uniquely based on their medical history.
Most coworkers were easy to get along with.
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHDecember 6, 2018
I worked on the overnights , so if I had an issue, it was hard to get to talk to the Manager or Assistant Manager. Sometimes it we would be a while before problems were addressed.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Talking to management
Can't complain
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHDecember 6, 2018
It's your basic retail job. I was lucky to get hired into a store with a fantastic team. Those who have come and gone over the years, have all been great to work with. The company offers a lot of extra things. There's several websites to use to get discounts on a lot of things like traveling, movies, cars, etc. Insurance isn't too pricey for a single person. Corporate has some policies in place that make sense, but as a store employee you have to wonder if they've tested all these policies in store. But again, if you look from their eyes, they make sense for both business and safety reasons. I like it here, can't really complain
Production
Shift Lead \ Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 4, 2018
Walgreens is an ok company to work for. My co workers were good to work with. Afvancing in the company is not a plus. Too many employee turnovers because of non advancements or unhappy employees.
Experience satisfaction usually depends on who you work with
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 3, 2018
The job itself isn't so bad. Customer service, straightening the store and light housekeeping at the end of the night. Weekly deliveries have gotten better over the last couple years (there used to be warehouse deliveries 3 times a week and they were so big you spent the whole week putting them out). Corporate has a bad habit of cutting hours and telling the store scheduler to make due, despite sales being higher than the previous year. Employees really do become like battle buddies and many get together outside of work. There is always going to be that one customer or that one coworker who grinds your nerves. Flexible schedules and availability make it a good school job. The stores are open 365, so holidays are worked out based on your management (ours tries to alternate so you don't have to work both main winter holidays if you don't want to, but you must pick one). Hardest part of the job is dealing with people who call out or barely do their assignments to begin with. Being short staffed is always stressful. I've made some cool friends and there are some regular customers who treat you like family.
Pros
Discount on most things, points, PTO adds up quick, team building
Cons
short breaks, retail, store is open 365
Good working environment, team members are awesome
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSDecember 1, 2018
This is a great company to work for, teaches great management skills and has awesome benefits. Also has great team members. This is the best job I have had that had decent pay.
Pros
Awesome Pay and benefits
Cons
Always open on major holidays
Unobtainable Expectations
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 28, 2018
My time at Walgreens started out just fine, but over the span of four years it became almost unbearable. Coverage for a shift became a skelton crew. Everyone in the store became stressed, from front check out to the pharmacy staff. Unloading a full case by myself was standard. No sense of accomplishment because I had to run the store by myself beside one cashier. Silly meetings that were BS kept you from getting task finished. Benifits were horrible. Work/Life balance very poor. Corporate greed apparent. They took away the neighborhood drug store away. I don't understand what they are trying to become. Longterm, not employee friendly. They don't care about employees. Turnover is dizzying.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Overworked, little to no appreciation
Easy to stay
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WINovember 28, 2018
My store provided a job security for me for years. However, the way Walgreens is choosing to go with the company, is not for me. I was able to start in the beauty department & move to shift lead. From there I was stuck & could not move around further.
Fun place to work and organized
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 27, 2018
I came over to Walgreens from the Rite Aid pool and everyone has been so helpful, teaching me in all areas. I enjoy the face-paced environment of Walgreens.
Good place for retail work
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 27, 2018
It’s not a bad place to work if you are looking for a convenient retail job. It looks harder on paper and, as long as you have a good person to train you, it’s easy!
Pros
Growing company, good wages, locations
Cons
Holidays, training, computer systems
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYNovember 26, 2018
I was pleased working for Walgreens but the Manager and I had issues on how he ran the store. After I put my 2 week notice in and resigned he was then terminated from his position. I do not like favoritism in a work place. The manager and an associate were having an affair.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
Hours of operation
Sometimes it was fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  AmarilloNovember 26, 2018
I loved my job the and some of the employee where good to work with and most of the customers where awesome the store management was awesome to work except the past year we got a new management if she didn't care for you would be seeing yourself in the office most of the time and youll be working nothing but nights and when you would take it to HR the wouldn't do anything and your desrict manager wouldn't do anthing either he would take syore manger side.So the both make company look bad on poor mangement.some of the knew employee where lazy if you would ask them to work the would run to store management and complaining.The never close for Holidays except pharmacy. She would complain if you where a student .But the Assistant Manager was amazing if she was my store manager I would of stayed.
Pros
Good Benfits
Cons
Short lunch, have to always work holidays poor store management.
Would never recommend
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MENovember 24, 2018
No encouragement or appreciation for associates. No mentoring for people who wanted to advance. The harder you work the more you are used and taken for granted. Promotions and mentoring go to the people who do the bare minimum. Very low to zero associate morale.
Inexcusable for stores to be open on Thanksgiving and Christmas. The store managers and upper management are home enjoying their families, so why do their associates not receive the same privilege?
Cons
No breaks and you never get a real lunch break
decent staff
SHIFT LEADER/PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHNovember 24, 2018
They rush you through training because they are short staffed but because i learned quickly i was able to adapt easy. poor management, everyone struggled to work with one another most of the time but we had some fun days as well. my store manager was great but his assistance was not so great. the benefits are good and the schedules are flexible.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to find time to take breaks
Positive Enviroment, Great Place To Learn & Grow
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 24, 2018
Training g & Development are a must in the company ,they have the best team to teach and work with!
Team building and a great cosmetics department , we treat everyone like family and we care and support them along the way.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 22, 2018
Management took a chance on me when I had no place to turn. Since then, I worked diligently from my position as a Customer Service Associate to a Shift Leader within the company.
Pros
Good Team, Good Training
Cons
Limited hours for employees.
Company has lost touch with employees
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYNovember 20, 2018
I've worked with this company for years and an obvious change has happened. They no longer care for their employees and they are constantly trying to find ways to save money.
bad
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  noNovember 19, 2018
they are slashing hours left and right. Cashiers are fine but any level of management gets screwed quite often. Hours cuts, less pto, no more approved overtime. 10/10 wouldn;t reccomend,
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.5K