Walgreens Employee Reviews for Photo Specialist

Not a good company to work for
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2018
Walgreens used to care about it's employees. Then at the end of my career there. They didn't care that I had 15 yrs of service. They started treating me like I was just hired. I was good at my job. I loved it the beginning. You were treated like family. They cared and then they stopped. Everything changed and it made me sad.
Pros
Meeting new people, learned about cosmetics and photo and bookkeeping and inventory
Cons
Employee treatment is not good.
Not Bad for a Retail Job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 12, 2018
One thing I can say about Walgreens is that they will pay more than minimum wage and they do give raises. It might be 25 cents an hour, but a raise is a raise. You get plenty of opportunities to earn more money on your check by selling certain items. Scheduling is generally flexible (as most retail jobs are). They give great employee discounts which apply even on sale and clearance items. BUT! It's retail. Management will NOT back you up with customers. That, in itself, is the great bane of retail.
Pros
Can't beat the discounts, decent pay
Cons
Mgmt will make or break your day, awful insurance, no maternity benefits
I liked the fast pace
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 11, 2018
Fast paced type of working. I became good friends with my employees and I liked going to work. There is always the few things that make a job hard but I left for a different career path.
management did not stand behind employees
Head Photo Specialist/ Pharmacy Filler (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 10, 2018
I was offered the position of head photo specialist, then was thrown into the position without training. I taught myself with manuals. Just a lot of responsibility for the position plus other tasks for the store. I enjoyed the job but when things did arise the manager would not back me!
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2018
Great job for those looking for second jobs or part time gigs! Flexible hours but the stress of Walgreens' management structure can weigh too much! IF you love helping others you'll love this job
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Health Benefits
Very busy, productive
Lead Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 6, 2018
Productive, extremely busy
How to deal with difficult customers
Lots of management tools
very diverse workplace
Hardest part of the job was the difficult customers
Most enjoyable part was making the difficult customers happy and return customers.
Pros
great place to work.
At the begining was a fun place at present moral is very low
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTAugust 1, 2018
After 9 years of being employed with Walgreens,there is no room for advancement in the field. Moral with the company has become very low and there is less help to get the job done,the team work effort is very low standards,i would like to advance in my field as a highly motivated worker as i know i am competent off.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Poor healthcare
Walgreens is a good place to work. The company is full of great people.
Service Clerk/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 27, 2018
Walgreens is great. The people who work there are some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know. The management truly cares for their employees, and have created a wonderful work environment.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Best Place to work
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2018
Walgreens has always took care of their customers with extra customers Service and product availability. Always take good care of their employees with competitive benefits.
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
cutting budget for weekly cleaning of floors and bathroom
Fun coworkers an managers
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJuly 22, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the work I did. Customer service can be very taxing but the peopel I worked with made it much easier to be productive and meet customer needs.
Honestly kind of miserable. My coworker once said “people come to work here to die”.
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chino Valley, AZJuly 18, 2018
Every stereotypically evil aspect of every corporation is manifested in Walgreens. Poor hours, negligent pay, unfair PTO rates, outdated technology, obsolete software, the whole nine yards. Absolutely NOT a company worth working for, in any regard. The only good thing is the employee discount.
Pros
The employee discount
Cons
Everything else
great work place. loved it
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Walgreen as a photo specialist it was a great success i enjoyed meeting and greeting people. I found that it was a great environment to work for.
Small Retail Position
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJuly 14, 2018
Typical retail position in a small store in a small town. Got to know the regulars and would. Was able to work most positions in the store with obvious exceptions such as the pharmacy and management positions so a small crew could run the store.
Its retail as usual
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 14, 2018
I was a cashier and it was my first job. I hated the feeling of having to stand in one spot all the time so it wasn't for me. I moved to photo 6 months in. Walgreen's overall is best as a first job only or as a decent part-time job for anyone who doesn't mind retail.
Pros
flexible hours, easy work
Cons
low pay, boring
Loving and caring company to a certain extent
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 10, 2018
Walgreens would be a great company to work for if they offered certain holidays to have off . It’s mandatory that we work at least two holidays . Xmas or thanksgiving . We open all day and do not close early . Also they days before the big holidays we stay open until 12 instead of 10. Every store manager and pharmacist & techs are off every holiday while front end work
Pros
Certain hours we work offer 3 breaks . Two 15’s and a 30 minute break .
Cons
Not being able to spend holidays with family .
Meh
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MOJuly 9, 2018
Every store is different. A store manager who appreciates his/her staff will take a store a long way. Pay is not great for the work that is involved. The Shift Lead position is a management position that doesn't give management pay.
Very Relaxed & Interesting workplace
Certified Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 2, 2018
Walgreens was a very good experience. The managers were great & influenced me in the most positive ways. I learned so much as a photo technician. Everyday I learned something new when it came to the position. Recommend this job to everyone.
Working for walgreens is what you make of it
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 30, 2018
Photo technician
Helped customers at the photo kiosks and their photo orders
Maintenance on the machines used to print photos
Worked full time hours
When not busy in photo photo tech's help with stocking products in the store, doing resets and revisions of merchandise, assisting management, assisting cashiers when they need back up or extra help.
Some janitorial but I was the only one that would clean the bathrooms since I was a closing associate (was never commended on this and no one was ever talked to about working together as a team to make sure bathrooms were cleaned and trash was taken care of).
Some of the management was very poor and down right unprofessional and almost harassing to associates.
Printed off weekly coupon stickers to be distributed throughout store.
using a Talxon machine to make price tags and labels for store.
Pros
Full Time Hours, Benefits, Opportunity to work with nice people
Cons
Opportunity to work with some down right horrific people, poor management if you were unlucky, lots of standing on your feet for hours at a time, some lifting and moving up and down (stocking and doing resets/revisions).
Pretty good
PHOTO SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJune 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at walgreens, for the most part it was a good time with coworkers and it was a really good team effort, it instills lots of responsibility because you are given things to do, but you make time to get them done on your own watch which is great.
productive and fun workplace/ learned a lot of valuable lessons
Sales Associate/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2018
My first job and i can't be more thankful to them for giving me a chance. Gained a lot of valuable experience and acquired excellent customer service skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K