Walgreens Employee Reviews for Photo Specialist

Found 1,080 reviews matching the search See all 25,808 reviews
Company changed
Head Photo Specialist and Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
At first when i started it was a family oruented co.pany but as the years went by it started to change alot. When my position ended it wasnt imeven worth me trying ti stick around. At this point the wanted to just hire new young kids that were basically there for a check. They cared about their employees before but dont anymore.
Dealing with customers
Photo Specialist and Customer Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCNovember 13, 2018
One of my other joys in the workplace is dealing with customers in this industry and meeting new faces. I like the fact that I had the opportunity learn the mindset of how marketing is done to sell their products and how to develop film as a photospecialist.
Pros
the benefits and working with people and learning the business of retail
Cons
The salary was not competitive at all
Getting to know avarity of differnt type of people.
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 11, 2018
Getting to know your fellows coworker very well. Having people come in the store from all over the county as well from all over the world. Enjoying the work that I do for our customer's.
Pros
Felxable schuedling.
Cons
Not having enough empolyess to run the store.
Steady workplace
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 8, 2018
The store was calm, not many disruptions. The managers were laid back and the employees were able to get discounts. The tasks were simple, but it would get boring.
Good location
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA, Capitol HillOctober 31, 2018
The neighborhood of this Walgreens made this job more interesting because of the customers. Having a friend who worked there also made it better. The management was okay. Overall, kind of a toxic environment to work in though. Walgreens' technology and some policies did not help in customer satisfaction because of slowness and a lot of things that didn't make sense in efficiency.
Its a nice place to work as a start up job.
Certified Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 30, 2018
Its a nice place to work as a start up job, while going to school. Flexible hours, good benefits, friendly faces. I started out as cashier then photo tech, and some pharmacy work.
Great Place To Work Depending On Location
Head Photo Specialist / Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 29, 2018
My Time Spent At Walgreens Was Pleasant Its A Challenge Because Of The Environment Sometimes And Depends On Management Because The Lack Of Emotional Intelligence Most Have
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Shortbreaks
Team
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 26, 2018
Learn to help each pther and work together. We make costumer happy and want them to keep coming back. We make sure we habe evrything stock so that we are able to sell them and costumers can find what they need
decent place to work
Photo Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAOctober 23, 2018
typical work day was stocking shelves, ringing up guests , often helping in developing photos , multitasking often working the front cash register and sometimes helping in the makeup dept
I love working at walgreens
Sales associate and photo specialist (Current Employee) –  Deep River, CTOctober 20, 2018
Working at Walgreens made me overcome my P.T.S.D. that I got working at another job (mohegan sun.) They have helped decrease other anxiaty problems as well. This company really works well with disabled people.
Pros
The employee discount
Cons
No tution reimbursement
Decent Place To Work
Cashier/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAOctober 18, 2018
Overall a decent place to work-not very busy-you can get alot done-most of the employees are nice and you become friends-prices are good-dicsount is acceptable-breaks are not paid
Nice place to work
PHOTO SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 15, 2018
Excellent place to work and grow. They teach you everything you need to know. You get to meet and interact with nice people. Leadership was good. Fun place to work.
Liked to look at pictures
Cashier/ Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILOctober 7, 2018
Working as a photo specialist was fun because you got to process and look through photos people brought in. The only stressful thing about that was some people didn't understand that if you have over 1000 pictures you took on a vacation that the machine literally doesn't print that fast even though the signs all over the photo department say 1 hour photo.
Fun workpkace
Certified Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working in the photo lab and with the customers. Great place to learn how to develop photos and use state of the art equipment at it best.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Might see photos of dead people
Walgreens
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2018
Job was ok, No benifits. Customer service was tolerable. Customers were somewhat tolerable. The job was demanding but it was my prefence since they need the help. The hours were flexable and the pay was somewhat decent.
hardest part of the job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXOctober 1, 2018
sometimes the hardest part of the job at walgreens was trying to complete everything before the end of your shift. my store had a very consistent customer flow for the area and sometimes it was difficult to complete every task that was given you.
Good people
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Good people and coworkers, i met some life long friends that were coworkers, and even met some good customers that i still pass by today to talk to. I enjoyed the company very much
Active workplace, always something to do and management can be very involved.
Photo Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Working at 2 locations over 54 months, management attitude will vary by location. Overall, a decent place to work, with regular opportunities for raises and the company prefers to promote from within.
Pros
Plenty of opportunites to grow and learn, great place to start for customer service
Cons
Standing for lengthy shifts can be difficult for some
Poor
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Management would talk down to you, did not like going into work because I never knew how I would be spoken to. Made complaints and the company never did anything
Pros
discount
I loved working for Walgreens
Photo Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Walgreens was a great place to work. Store managers were caring and helpful in everyday needs and also in making pathways to advancement. The stores are busy s the day usually flies by, no one is sitting around miserable all day. Always new things to do and learn.
Pros
Management team, openings for advancement
Cons
short staffed many times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.4K