Walgreens Employee Reviews for Photo Specialist

Best company!
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 21, 2018
Worked for this company for a little over a year and I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity! They were easy to work with on my schedule, provided benefits, truly cared about their associates, and gave plenty of advancement opportunities!
Walgreens is walgreens
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2018
Nothing special or bad to say. walgreens is a decent start up job as a teen as i was. you can grow and advance in the company though. so its up to you.
Walgreens is alright
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYMay 10, 2018
Can be an alright place to work for as long as you focus on the job in front of you and do not get involved with anything that's above your pay grade.
Hard, but fun
Photo Specialist/Safety Awareness Mentor (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 9, 2018
This was by far my longest standing job and it was rough. Working night shift wasn't great since I was the only person (aside from a manager) that could ring out alcohol, but I gained a lot of experience from Walgreens. I'd recommend focussing mostly on your department and area of the floor before helping in other departments. It eliminates a lot of stress if it is done that way.
very fun work environment
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 21, 2018
Management was good at times. I stocked products, printed photos, helped customers with processing their photos, helping customers find products in the store, and also checking them out in a timely manner at the cash register.
Pros
Customers
Fast paced
Photo Specialist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2018
Walgreens was a great place for opportunity, but the pay for my cost of living wasn't enough for me to survive. I enjoyed working there. Overall okay.
Good place to work for a first time job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNApril 17, 2018
I had a good experience working with Walgreens. I started working there when I was seventeen and worked at the Lakeville location for ten years. It was a great place to build customer service skills. The hours were fair, especially since most of the time I worked I was going to college. It had a good atmosphere and I made a lot of friends at the Lakeville location. I went back again to work at the Plymouth location a couple of years ago to make a little more money in addition to the full time job I was working. They were very understanding a flexible too. I only worked at that location for a few months, but I found a full time job. I would recommend this for a first time job or even as a full time job for those wanting to build experience and make some extra money.
great coworkers, fast paced
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDApril 16, 2018
If you are someone who likes to keep busy throughout the work day then this is the place. You can always find something to keep you occupied. The customers were great and the work was not difficult to preform.
Head photo specialist
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIApril 16, 2018
Being one of the first jobs I've had as a college student, Walgreens allowed growth and development for anyone interested in business or just great customer service. I'll admit there may be some rough patches, and not all locations are the same as far as productivity and welcomeness, but that can be forgiven due to the many benefits one receive with this company.
Fun place to work
Stocking/Cleaning/cashiering/photo specialist (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 13, 2018
I've learned how to communicate and work with the customers along as helping them out. Also being a very well team player as we all learn from one another to get the job done,
good starter / second job
Photo Specialist / Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMApril 11, 2018
I worked at walgreen for my teens/ early 20's it was a good place to work. Although every store is different i think i liked where i worked so much because i really liked the my co-workers.
the pay was a bit over minimum wage but i also had been there for several years.
Respect for the team
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLApril 10, 2018
I have worked with an amazing group of coworkers who support each other. I have huge respect for the store managers & have learned some new techniques on doing things.
Pros
Store hours, flexible schedule
Cons
too many night shifts, no weekends off, overwhelmed at times
One of the Better Retail Chains
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAApril 9, 2018
When it comes to accepting a new job, I find that the work environment is the most critical aspect for me when deciding whether to stay or whether to leave.

Thankfully, Walgreens is an adaptive company that suits the needs of many different employees. While they continue to pay some of the lowest wages in the industry, working at one of the largest retail pharmacy chains has some good benefits.

If your primary store is short on hours, it is very easy to pick up shifts at nearby locations who may need your help. While I only recieved around 25-30 hours at my main location, I was able to make full time hours by taking evening shifts at other stores. It made Walgreens an easy employer to dedicate my full attention to, removing the need to moonlight with another employer.
And as long as you stay on good terms with corporate and management, job security and advancement can be very high. The company will allow you to transfer stores, so if regardless if you're moving 25 miles across town or across the country, Walgreens will be there for you.

The icing on the cake was my coworkers. Every store's employees are different, but my home store felt like a family.

If Walgreens would just raise its wages, I would gladly come back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Good management, good work enviornment
Good company with decent benefits
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 6, 2018
During my tenure with this company i learned quite a few new things.I learned how to prepare photos ,and operate a cash register .The management is quite different than what i'm accustomed to,with a shift lead,assistant manager ,then general manager .Too many bosses for my taste.Great company overall .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Location sometimes gets robbed at gunpoint
Nothing special about it
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 30, 2018
Walgreens is your typical, corporate retail job. You don't get paid much over minimum wage to start. My store was pretty slow most of the time and I usually had the task of stocking shelves and "facing" the aisles. Since photos are a dying product, I ended up being a glorified cashier most days. The benefits were pretty good since it is a pharmacy, after all. I was told I'd be working 40 hour weeks, but that quickly changed to anywhere between 32-38 hours, even with half hour lunches.
Benefits
Cons
Low starting wage, Lack of advancement
Typical retail establishment
Cashier Photo Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 16, 2018
A typical day was filling the containers for film development(before digital cameras), printing photos, counting cash drawer, before and after work.
Stocking shelves and setting displays of products.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Working holidays
Fun but professional
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocean SpringsMarch 12, 2018
Always had fun working there. Great opportunities to moves up. You are able to learn many different things as long as you are willing. Managers were always awesome
food high school job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 10, 2018
its good for high schoolers. lots of stocking and facing. the hours sucked as they would schedule you to close then open the next day. management had unrealistic views of how to operate but hey that's why they're management. no one can be happy and joyful every day for 8 hours
Cashier Clerk
PHOTO SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 8, 2018
This was a good job while I was in college. It was your basic cashier job and it was an enjoyable experience. I learned how to manage my time here as well and how to become better at customer service.
Pros
The people
Cons
No room for advancement
Fast paced
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 5, 2018
This job was fast paste kept your busy learning all the different job departments and certucates you can receive and raises employees very caring and understanding willing to work with your schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.8K