Walgreens Employee Reviews for Photo Specialist

My experience.
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 5, 2017
A new boss came in and fired almost everyone. Changed a lot of things and if you didn't brown nose her,then your time was limited. Likes to throw you to the pharmacy wolves with no experience.
Great but not for long term
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Larchmont, NYNovember 21, 2017
Being a retail position it isn't a great long term job, but Walgreens has a very calm environment and a healthy job culture to make the experience a positive one.Good position for college students or someone looking for part time work.
great work place
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MS 39567November 14, 2017
Great customer service job. Opportunity to work either cosmetics or photo once hired. Pay is not that that great but the experience is worth it and pay gets better when you get promoted.
Pros
discounts
photo specialist
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 13, 2017
process photos for customers for holidays and birthdays. ran the cash register and did the restocking for the warehouse. I made sure all orders was right when receive shipments from pepsi.
productive
head photo specialist (Former Employee) –  Marksville, LANovember 13, 2017
very fun company to work for,very paced and understanding management,creative ideas, floor plans and store policies.ive learned to workl accordingly to jobs procedure.
Pros
access to many of the company activities
Simple, easy work.
Photo Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDNovember 11, 2017
Day to day work for a part time employee wasn't very strenuous. The employers and coworkers were great, the only downfall was dealing with upset customers.
Enjoyed Customer base
Cashier/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL 62959November 9, 2017
Enjoyed helping customers make there photo memories into paper, books, canvas,etc hardest part is not having enough help when needed for example during holidays
Great Job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85041November 5, 2017
It was a nice job for the nearly 2 years I worked there. Great first time job, loved my coworkers (wound up marrying one :p Fun work environment, always something to do.
Terrible
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornwood, NYNovember 2, 2017
Apart from my manager that I learned a lot from. Advancement was nearly impossible scheduling was fairly random. The pay was very low and not reasonable for the expected workload.
work day
Photo Specialist, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJOctober 26, 2017
the work day was hard, employees are underpaid, employees also have to deal with extremely rude and unprofessional management. not fair, especially when you are a dedicated, faithful employee to the company.
Good work environment
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILOctober 21, 2017
They try to keep you busy and it helps the days go buy fast. Managers are very easy to get along with and fun to work with. good part time job for a high school or college student.
Pros
Good management
Cons
They never close and you have to work weekends and holidays
Good and friendly
Photo specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2017
Walgreen is a good place to work, sometimes it can be stressful. What I've learn from Walgreen is treat everyone as how you wanted to be treated. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unwanted customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is team work.
Pros
free lunch by manager
Cons
short break
pretty laid back
Photo Specialist and Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 15, 2017
management from the store manager all the way up to ceo was very poor. work on all holidays. they do not care about your life at home or with family. Got nice discounts though
very easy going job
Photo Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
It was a simple job to do mostly stock the store to keep it well maintained. I think the hardest part of the job was closing because of the location we were in it was a bit dangerous and had no security to protect us.
Flexible hours allowed for me to attend college
Photo Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHOctober 11, 2017
Working in the photo department and processing film made for an interesting job. The people I worked with were also super friendly and we were able to develop friendships outside of work.
prodicutive
Cashier, Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNOctober 8, 2017
its a great place to work. i learned to develop pictures. th management is good for the most part. they change managment to much. i really enjoyed working with the public and making the happy.
Pretty good for a first job or a part time
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 6, 2017
It was my first job in customer service. I think I learned a lot about working with different types of people.
It provided good benefits and flexible schedule.
Pros
Benefits, Vacations
Cons
Poor salary
A great place
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crosby, TX 77532September 30, 2017
While I worked there I found it was a very pleasant place to work, good pay, great management, and decent customers. If you ran into a problem generally management had your back.
Pros
Good management, decent pay.
Photo is a fun place to work!
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Typical day for me was processing photos. Cashiering and stocking most of the day. I enjoyed working for Walgreens. They provide a lot of staff members in store so you have a lot of help.
Pros
Learning a lot about developing pictures
Cons
short breaks
physically demanding
Photo Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILSeptember 25, 2017
you're on your feet all day and if you have bad feet or anything its killer on your body. The people you work with can be nice but depends on where you are some people are just rude. the customers are mostly nice but when you get a rude customer it ruins your whole day. The management is fine they're doing their job the way they are supposed to but it can be really tough to make sure demands are met with scheduling.
Pros
15% discount on everything, 25% discount on walgreens brand items, health care options, profit sharing options
Cons
must be with the company for 6 months before you're eligible for health care or stock, they throw you on the floor with minimal training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.