Walgreens Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 22, 2018
The job is easy. Management expects a lot for little pay. The customers expect a lot. Flexible schedule and willing to work with school schedule. They change management a lot.
Awesome and Able to learn
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 22, 2018
I learne how to be pharmacy Technician here as a trainee and the work environment was fast-paced on busy days but even when it was low the learning experience was awesome. The staff was really supportive of me learning and did not mind all the questions.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
The microphone in the drive thru needs to be fixed.
Not the job I expected
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lyons, ILFebruary 22, 2018
I worked at Walgreens for about 2 years and it's only getting worse. (Lyons, IL) Pharmacy techs are well underpaid. I was making more in retail than this which is sad. Even fast food pays about the same! Not to mention crummy hours if you don't have seniority or if you're not buddy buddy with the people who make the schedules. Aside from that corporate keeps cutting pharmacy hours because makeup is more important than your medications! Yeah people need to open their eyes and look into the monster Walgreens has become! Walgreen's has lost it's way!
Pros
discounts, paid time off
Cons
Salary, fairness
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCFebruary 21, 2018
I loved everything about working for Walgreens. I was a Pharmacy Technician. I came in with no experience, they trained me and paid me pretty good. Offered to send me to a few classes to become certified. All around great place to work.
Pros
Pay, hours, Staff
Cons
Most of the staff is wonderful to work with
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNFebruary 20, 2018
Most of the staff at Walgreens was wonderful to work with, as well as most of the management. They really tried to work with me as far as the hours I was available and when my children were sick.
Overall easygoing
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 20, 2018
Nice place to work at. Great staff and management. Staff was very helpful and great at training and teaching when you first apply. Very easy going place can be very fast paced during rush hour
Pros
Management & Staff
I cannot exactly review on this moment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CA 91207February 20, 2018
I am just an intern position from school. In order to get the experience from here, I had to work as same as the staff in Walgreen. I liked working there because pharmacy is the jobs that I love and I grew up my whole life. This is the place that I feel familiar with..
Pros
good place for opportunity
Cons
not hire yet
Great Team Terrible Company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Cut hours, meaningless legislation, ect. from corporate which has a huge disconnect with their employees.

This is the type of job where your co-workers make or break your experience with the company.

Low pay to deal with customers/patients that are extremely upset because of their insurance companies
Don't do it
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAFebruary 18, 2018
Tech's don't get paid what they should here. We are over worked and over looked. You have to watch your back constantly. They don't care about the well-being off their employees, they only care about the money that they store makes.
Fast paced and busy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2018
After clocking in to work, I immediately begin taking care of incoming community patients who are dropping off and picking up prescriptions. The line of customers in the store for pick up and drop offs are very long and I have learned to ring out patients at the cash register, type up prescriptions, process different insurances for prescriptions, fill needed prescriptions, and file prescriptions in their appropriate bins, all the while maintaining professionalism in the working environment. The hardest part about the job is not having enough employees available to assist with certain pharmacy responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people get the medication they need to live happy and healthy lives.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Small working staff
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2018
Sacrifice vs Reward ~ not worth it Very stressful environment due to work load and rude customers every now and then. Culture is awesome though. People that work there usually get along and that’s what helps the days be more bearable.
Pros
45 minute lunch+break combo
Cons
Stress outweighs compensation
Interesting but stressful job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 16, 2018
I was setting up a Pharmacy Technician program at Anoka Ramsey Community College and this was a good way to get current experience as a pharmacy technician to bring back to my classes.
Pros
Good Practical Experiece
Cons
A bit stressfull
Productive work place with competitive pay.
Pharmacy Technician in Training (Current Employee) –  Bridge City, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Enjoyable work place with good pay and good management. Offers paid time off and works with your schedule extremely well. Store manager is very good and trains you in everything.
Pros
Discount on products.
Cons
Short lunches.
Very fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Simsbury, CTFebruary 15, 2018
You'll need a good pair of shoes because you're on your feet the whole time. New balance is a pretty good shoe. The good thing about that is that the time goes by pretty fast.
Busy, Busy and Busier
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 14, 2018
If you like fast paced and problem solving along with helping patients, then this is for you. Paid breaks, and benefits for full time employees. Improve pay and you may get more staffing.
Pros
Paid breaks, flexible work schedule, amazing pharmacy team
Cons
Low hourly wage for the amount of work, understaffed
Friendly place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTFebruary 14, 2018
Walgreen is super friendly and very organize as well. Pharmacy tech have nice way to balance work between all area. They are good team players and help out. Even pharmacist Manager was very nice to help me out on my PTCB test
Nice working environment, but very fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Walgreens is a great place to work. The management is good and the people there are nice. You can choose to learn a diverse number of tasks that will help you advance. However, the hours are not always consistent and the pay could be better.
Great company to work for
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
I completed an internship through Walgreens. I worked 40 hours a week with no pay to complete my pharmacy technician program and I absolutely loved it. All of the pharmacist were extremely supportive and informative and I still use them as references to this day. Almost all of the employees that worked there had been there for years and the company cared about their employees. I greatly appreciated the experience and them giving me the opportunity to complete my program through them. I never heard any other employees complain about pay or their schedule.
Not bad not my life long calling
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 12, 2018
It is a decent job, as a Pharm tech you learn a lot and you are trained pretty well but it's very stressful and sometimes easy to get caught in the madness. I also hate that you can get written up for almost everything you do there. Kind of annoying.
Good first job experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAFebruary 11, 2018
Learned a lot of different skills which included customer service, computer entry and cashiering skills. Learned a lot about how a retail pharmacy operates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.3K