Walgreens Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

Found 3,492 reviews matching the search See all 26,215 reviews
Stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OK 73099December 12, 2018
No praise for anything good you do, they focus on all bad. They expect a lot from you and give nothing in return. For being here as long as I was and for achieving as much as I did, I feel as if I should get praised a little more.
Fast paced fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLDecember 11, 2018
I liked my co workers, but management cared nothing about the employees. Walgreens is diverse, however, the district and higher up authorities care nothing for the lower scaled employees.
Great company to work for.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 11, 2018
Walgreens was a great company to work for. management was great and they were very flexible with requesting time off and picking up additional shifts.
Decent overall fullfilling experience
Walgreens Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 10, 2018
Working at Walgreens really helped me learn how to communicate and help patients with there need. Being able to find a discount card for a patient prescription was a very fullfilling.
terrible place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnet, TXDecember 10, 2018
Walgreens treats its employees almost as bad as Walmart. Extremely low wages for practically the hardest work in the industry. You get paid for being a cashier and a technician at the same time, which some places allow, but Walgreens already chooses to short staff every department in order to save on bonuses and profit at employee expense. Terrible place to work.
Well managed workplace.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 10, 2018
Filling prescriptions for patients. Handling orders and payments as well as the drive-thru. Reffering certain medications to the Pharmacist and for them to answer certain type questions to customer.
Pros
Very fair.
Cons
Not many
Fun flexible job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLDecember 10, 2018
Walgreens will work with your schedule whether you have kids or are in school. They have opportunities for advancement. Hardest part of the job is how much work they require with little time. Frontier is a program they are starting in all stores, and it works great with some stores and a nightmare with others.
Pros
Pto, holiday pay, flexible schedules
Cons
people call out, stressful
Good for younger employees to climb
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 9, 2018
There isn't much growth in the pharmacy but if you work up front they prefer to promote from within so there is opportunity to climb the ladder all the way up to district manager
Pros
Pretty nice place to work
Cons
They don't provide lunch
Not A great place to work in
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTDecember 9, 2018
Horrible work environment with little to no chance of moving up , pay rate for technicians suck not considering the amount of work they require of the technicians . Every month they add more daily tasks for technicians and pay rate does not change. They make it impossible for single working mothers .
Overall a good paying job if they cared about their employees more
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 9, 2018
Could be better, this is a stupid survey that shouldn’t be required to talk about my job because who cares? Walgreens is an alright company with half decent pay
Very good for a first job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 7, 2018
Although most days working in the pharmacy were stressful, the people I worked with made my work better. the management team were very fun and friendly, yet professional when they needed to be.
Family
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, ILDecember 7, 2018
Working for Walgreens has taught me a lot. When I started I had no idea what to do but over the years they have taught me everything I know now. This is a great company that I was proud to be apart of.
Walgreens was an amazing learning experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 6, 2018
Working for Walgreen's really gives an insight as to how we are the secondary care for our customers/patients. Even though it is a stressful job it also very rewarding.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
the high stress potential
pharmacy was the best
Pharmacy Technician Trainee/ CSA (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXDecember 6, 2018
working at the pharmacy department was great even though it was a stressful and fast pace environment it was a great work place. answering phones dealing with insurance problems.

front end store nobody works , everyone blames other associates and doesn't take actions for their own responsibilities, sometimes give you a million things to do and expect you to complete them before you leave and other days you don't have anything to do. if you deal with an angry customer it all goes back to you.
Cons
short breaks, always gettting called to come into work on days off
Busy
Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy Tech) (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 5, 2018
My store is very busy. Stay changing workers , people quit or don’t show up. The employees are cool and some of the custom but most of the time the customers suck
Nice place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 4, 2018
I enjoy working here, this company is very helpful with promotions. Employees go above and beyond to help one another. Great environment, faced paced environment
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks
n/a
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarkesville, GADecember 4, 2018
They have been an awesome retail chain to work for. Can be high in demand at times but I believe that comes with working in pharmacy.Highly recommend it for anyone willing to put in the time and effort with this company.
Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WI 53105December 4, 2018
It's a decent company to work for honestly. You just have to decide whether you want people who are senior to you to try and take advantage of your lower position or not. Different areas of the store have different cultures. It's not for everyone but it's not awful.
Pros
Depends on your store
Cons
Not a family friendly company for scheduling
Decent
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 3, 2018
Working holidays is absurd The rewards cards on top of coupons on top of other deal confuses customers. Having a community clinic is also confusing to patients because they think the pharmacy is connected and that we should know everything that goes on over there
Fun
RETAIL PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75224December 3, 2018
Will recommend this work place. Nice and beautiful.
Multicultural work place. Accessible to the freeway.
Fun work place. Met a lot of great people while there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.5K