Walgreens Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

It's not the worst
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
Not great, not horrible. If your coworkers are cool, you'll be fine. My manager was great about scheduling and helping you out. It can definitely be stressful though.
Wonderful Pharmacy Management.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 11, 2017
A typical work day can be sort of hectic, the manager of the pharmacy and the staff pharmacist are wonderful people, always help, and wouldn't ask you to do anything they wouldn't do! The hardest part of the job is dealing with costumers on a daily basis who want to drop everything you're doing to appease them. The most enjoyable part fellow co workers who help you out, and are just all around good people.
Pros
15% discount off most items, 25% off store brand items, good insurance
Cons
Small staff, not a lot of back up when busy, or sick.
educational fun and you have to learn to multi task
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 10, 2017
fast pace very busy doing around 4-5 hundred scripts per day lots of customer service tasks as far as flu shots, electronic billing, resolving customer issues
Pros
discounts, friendly staff
Cons
sometimes you dont get your breaks
PHARMACY TECH (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MIDecember 10, 2017
The company didn't care about there staff. You have to work very hard not to get any compensation. Management only care about what benefit them. This was a great company to work for. But with all the changes it has gone down hill.
productive place with no chance of getting a raise
Tier 1 Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALDecember 9, 2017
Only those who were the favorites got special treatment there. The ones who the management didn't like, needles to say it was obvious they didn't like the person for some reason. The supervisors there would walk around using their cell phones and not doing their job, then yell at you for talking to loud. The management doesn't care about anyone as a person. You are just a person in that seat. What your problems are, they don't care. You are constantly under threat of how you treat the customers who are yelling at you, your points, how long you take for lunch, etc. Makes you think you will get fired at any moment for any reason. It is not a good way to run a business and keep happy employees there. It is very obvious why they are constantly going through so many employees and can't keep any there. If they treated any of them decent, they would stay. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone after the way I was treated.
Pros
events at work
Cons
short breaks, short lunch
Pharmacy technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYDecember 8, 2017
Observed and documented patient status and reported patient complaints to the pharmacist. Completed and submitted clinical documentation in accordance with agency guidelines.
Maintained a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
Filling prescriptions for patients was both the best part and worst part of my days.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Upset customers
Certified Pharmacy Tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 8, 2017
A typical day at work is filling and typing prescriptions and dealing with people insurance calling insurance to get the correct information to run a prescription through. Every day you learn something new like codes to make a prescription to go through and new insurance you never seen before and how to enter them in the system. Every location has different managements like the pharmacy, store managers, I was lucky to have the best pharmacy manager and pharmacist and co-workers but store manager was a pain didn't help at all with the pharmacy. The hardest part of the job was that we didn't have enough hours so we were always short on people and we were always busy so we had angry customers in drive thru and inside the store because medications weren't ready and they waited to long but other than it great job. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and the pharmacy manager everyday you learn something new.
Pros
co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
lunch break, pay
Productive Workplace
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 7, 2017
Really great start up job. Walgreens is always looking for ways to improve customer experiences and the teams are always taken into consideration for new initiatives. Always room for growth in those who are dependable and work hard.
Pharmacy work was terrible at Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLDecember 7, 2017
I would spend most of my time at work fixing other co-workers mistake, repairing customer relationships because of those mistakes, then be blamed for the mistakes that were made by an employee that has been employed with the company longer than myself.
productive, fast paced, challenging, excellent team
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Weston, WIDecember 6, 2017
Management is excellent with working around your schedule, awesome team to work with, willing to answer any question, I learned a lot about insurance and medications, the evening shift is the most challenging due to after work rushes and people being in a hurry.
Pros
excellent team, benefits, Pto, flexible shifts
Cons
internet crashes a lot, phones go down a lot, very busy
fun workplace
Pharmacy Tech externship (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 5, 2017
Pharmacy is quick paced but nice meeting new people and good co-workers. I learned a lot about what is done in the pharmacy and how there computer system works.
Fast Paced
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 5, 2017
Walgreens is a good company to work but his very fast paced with little benefits. Salary is not fair. Store I worked at was unorganized and had poor management.
Loved what I did
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 5, 2017
When working here I had a terrible manager. She fired one of her best employees in front of my face as I was starting my first day. Everyone left work at 5pm and it was only me and a float pharmacist in and I had no training and the pharmacist could only help me as much as she could because that was not her home store. I eventually survived my first day. I'm glad that all the patients were understanding that night.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management, not enough money, and training
Fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXDecember 4, 2017
Work was quite stressful and sometime hectic. The health insurance was the greatest benefit. The workplace drama was the hardest part of the job. Upper management was better than Pharmacy manager.
Pros
defined breaks and lunches
Cons
workplace drama
Always Shorthanded
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 4, 2017
I believe I already answered the questions for this review. It was a good place to work, but always short staffed. You always had to stay over but your paycheck was nice.
Fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 4, 2017
making sales
contacting doctors, insurance companies, and patients
filling prescriptions
organizing medicine
billing insurance
learned about the medical system
very fast paced sometime stressful environment
Pros
minor discounts
Cons
short breaks, standing all day, tiring
Fun and challenging environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSDecember 4, 2017
Great place to work. Challenging and fast paced. Also, company provides furthering of education in the pharmacy. Great staff and scheduling was flexible.
Pros
Fast pace, and flexible schedule
Cons
Can be stressful
Overworked, understaffed, and underpaid
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 3, 2017
The corporate BS gets worse and worse every year. New unrealistic metrics pop up again and again that are unachievable due to low staffing levels. Ever since Mr. Walgreens left, the company has been in a downward spiral, and when the vulture capitalist Pessina took over with the Boots Alliance merger, it has been in freefall, racing to the bottom, paying pharmacy technicians fast food wages while expecting outstanding accuracy and service. My local pharmacy manager and store manager are understanding and supportive, but their hands are tied due to the destructively short-sighted corporate policy that is utterly disconnected from the reality of what goes on at the store level.
Pros
Good support from coworkers and immediate supervisors
Cons
Unrealistic unachievable metrics handed down from corporate, low staffing, high stress, low pay
Worst job ever!!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALDecember 3, 2017
I did say I got 6-9 days paid vacation but it was only after I hounded them for it. They promised it and never wanted to give it. Also the managers want you to be on the phone constantly while they stand and laugh, gossip, and act like they are a bar instead of at work. They don’t care anything for you. If you are truly sick and went to the hospital, they refuse to take a doctor excuse.
Pros
N/a
Cons
recommended for college students or anyone looking for a part time work
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 2, 2017
great starter job, just not good enough to make as a career. I would suggest this job for anyone looking for a part-time job. The pharmacy is the best place in Walgreens to work.
Pros
the people
Cons
the walgreens culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.