Walgreens Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

Walgreens
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 17, 2018
This is a great environment to interact with and help people through great customer service. The staff was well educated and very eager to assists customers and each other.
Ok
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 16, 2018
at the site I worked at, many of the technicians acted like high schoolers instead of doing their job. They are not very honest about raises either, I was still at my hired rate of pay when I left almost 2 years later.
Pros
Cons
lied about when I would receive a raise
Good, with potential for greatness
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, GASeptember 15, 2018
The staff is awesome. They respect that you have a life outside of work. The only issues I have with the company are that there is sometimes a lack of hours for the pharmacy.
I loved working Walgreen's, like a family
Community Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Working at Walgreen's was like working with family, staff very helpful and knowledgeable in there position. Very willing to help and share knowledge, from staff to pharmacist. Just a great place to work. I really looked forward to going everyday.
Pros
Can grow with this company
Cons
Late lunches
Needed better hours
Pharmacy Technician / Retail (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 15, 2018
They were working me nights and I wasn't getting home until 8:30 and my husband was not getting home until after that. It just was not a good fit for me.
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 14, 2018
I enjoy the flexible schedule and being able to maintain a positive and open-minded relationship with management. I also enjoy the many benefits that comes with the job.
Cons
No full time, no benefits
Easton Md Walgreens sucks
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDSeptember 14, 2018
The management is a joke. The pharmacy is a joke. The whole company is a joke.. They lie and cheat you out of hours and certificates. You never really see your success. And they are rude and back stabbing.
Walgreens is a Great Company To Work For
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDSeptember 13, 2018
Walgreens has a quality of service that is a lot stronger than other companies, where they don't focus so much on the scores and metrics but on customer service and work ethic. They make work enjoyable and a place you want to come to every day.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2018
The only thing keeping me here, are my co-workers. Customers are just extremely hard to deal with, and nothing you ever do is good enough for this company.
Walgreens is a great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WISeptember 13, 2018
I enjoy working at walgreens, it is a great place to help people live well and the company takes pride in making sure that the service we give is good. The only problem is they do not have great budget for hours and that can affect the workers that are overwhelmed.
Employees and pharmacist were fun to work with.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 13, 2018
There was a lot of good employees to work with and we had a great team...everyone worked well together. Everyone was very flexible and willing to learn something new!
I enjoy my job. The pay is not great.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethany, OKSeptember 12, 2018
I like my job on most days. The pay is not great and I think they told me I was tipped out and could not get another raise. I do not agree with this. I have worked for them a very long time and feel I should be making more an hour than I am.
Cashier
Cashier/ Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake in the Hills, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Efficiently operated cash register and handled cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
Hand counted control medications, measured liquids and managed drug inventories.
Cleaned equipment and work areas to maintain safe and sanitary conditions.
Busy Work and Odd hours
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 12, 2018
For me Walgreens was a different experience. I loved my coworkers and job itself. My only few complaints I ever had was with scheduling. All of the senior techs would get weekends off. I would get the odd shifts because of my open availability, which is totally on me, but that being said it would've been nice to not have to ask for weekends off. I did have one incident with the management when I informed them of a funeral for a family member and they insisted on having me come in right after. Other than the two issues above I really did enjoy my time at Walgreens. The store was high volume so I stayed pretty busy. Now I do know my experience may differ from others, every store is different. Overall it was a good time.
Great Team Work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Being a pharmacy technician at, Walgreens, can be extremely stressful. What helps you get through the day are your amazing co-workers and the sweet patients that remain calm even when things go wrong with their insurance and such. The hardest part of the job is having to be a doctor's office, insurance company, therapist, fill prescriptions, restock inventory, work drive through and still remain sane all at once while the line of patients is all the way at the back of the store. Despite all the pressure, this definitely allows you to learn and grow for a future leadership role in a different career that you would like to move up to.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
High stress
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Nice and friendly co workers competitive pay, loved servicing the customers. Fast paced. Standing up for long periods of time and not enough times for lunch break.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 11, 2018
A very busy pharmacy, however this has never slowed any of the individuals working there. Everyone very nice and helpful to each other, we all worked as a team.
Managment was very poor
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MISeptember 11, 2018
Being a single mother I was hoping to get a set schedule, and they couldn't work with me. I was pregnant and wanted to pick up more hours, but they wouldn't schedule me more than 30 hours.
Pros
customers
Cons
healthcare, hours
Not enough staff
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77373September 10, 2018
Over all there was too much work for the amount of staff. There where also patients that complained frequently about the time it took us to complete the work. The only positive thing was the people I worked with were kind and understanding.
Pros
Employees were kind and the knowledge I have
Cons
Not enough staff
Walgreens helped me develop as an individual and I loved the team I worked with. I would highly recommend employment through this company.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2018
The hardest part of being a pharmacy technician is learning how to operate and run all insurances and prescriptions through their technical system. It just takes time like any other challenge to get used to and ultimately thrive.
Pros
%15 off everything (excludes tobacco, alcohol, and dairy), great work environment, opportunity to grow within company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K