Walgreens Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

technician
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 21, 2018
good place to work because you will learn a lot there. the supervisor Is very trick but overall you will learn a lot of information about your job title
Walgreens is a very fun and safe environment to work in
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 21, 2018
Walgreens is full of new experiences and everyday brings something new. Whether it's pharmacy or front end, you'll always meet new people and learn new tasks. Pharmacy has been an experience for myself, however it can be a lot to handle at some times. Which is why I've been looking for new jobs. But Walgreens has helped me develop new skills within the 2 years I've worked here
Pros
Meet new customers, learn new tasks
Cons
Hours get cut time to time, work flow hard to manage
Walgreens Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXJune 21, 2018
Working at Walgreens has been a great experience. I learn something new everyday and will continue to learn. It is challenging but rewarding as well as competitive but overall a great place to work at.
Productive place to work
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLJune 21, 2018
Cooperation and engagement for problem solving are usually required on an average workday. I've learned about a lot of OTC products and pharmaceuticals. Effectiveness for management can improve, however, the culture of the business is still maintained. Working with a team can be the hardest, but the most enjoyable part of the job.
Depending on the store, it can be awesome place9z3za3
Sr Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJune 19, 2018
If I had not moved to a different state to be closer to family. I would still be working at Walgreens. I very much enjoyed it in Illinois, not at all in Alabama.
Overview
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 19, 2018
It was not the ideal place to work, with strained work hours and stressful work environments. The management did try to help alleviate some stress by helping in the pharmacy, but a lot of times it just wasn't enough.
Be prepared for a hectic schedule
Assistant Manager, Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellisville, MOJune 18, 2018
Must be okay with multitasking to thrive in a a management position. Most stores will have you as the only manager/floor person so it is a balancing act between helping customers, completing daily tasks and being available to troubleshoot.
Schedule is not flexible for management, Work includes all holidays and weekends, and varies between day and night shifts with little time to physically recover (my sleep schedule is a nightmare).
Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 18, 2018
Walgreens is a good company itself. But not a lot of room to grow or move up in the company. I dont feel like they appreciate their employees as much as they say they do.
Pros
On hand training
Cons
no room for growth
no comment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, ILJune 18, 2018
Schedule is crazy, you know your working schedule for 2 weeks at a time. Pay is low for expectations. Management was friendly. Overall moral was low..
Great Place to wrok
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  MemphisJune 17, 2018
Its a great place to work, I enjoyed every minute working here since it gave me a good opportunity to meet several people during my daily work and gave me fulfillment.
Management needs work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TX 76301June 17, 2018
Management picks and chooses who they like and who gets special treatment. Can never go to management and complain because your personal business gets out to everyone and they will give special treatment to their favorites. Honestly if you aren't their favorite nothing you say matters, but also can't tell management that because they'll obviously lie and have an excuse like "Productivity and reliability". Plus you might get fired for complaining, so you try to just keep to yourself.
Pros
I get paid
Cons
very productive and fast pace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 17, 2018
Typical day at work as a technician depends on whether your are opening, or closing for the day. When scheduled to open in the morning, make sure everything from overnight is prioritized, set up the pharmacy for smooth operation. When closing, leave the pharmacy as neat as possible, every trash is being taken out.

There are abundance of things to learn. Ability to handle crisis if there were any, and dealing with the public along with over all task of the pharmacy technician. Management style is great. Manager pays very close attention to all that is going in the pharmacy, while at the same time allows you to handle situation by yourself. Will pull you aside and explain what was wrong, but allows you to solve the problem yourself.
Pros
Very friendly environment; do pot luck sometimes
Cons
On your feet for the whole time you are working
Awesome Place To Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJune 15, 2018
I really loved this company they really cared about their employees and patients, Great place to work and so much room for advancement and growth. I would recommend this company to my friends and family.
Pros
Geat Company And Room For Advancement
Cons
Rude Patients
Fun to work for
Training for Pharmacy Tech License (Current Employee) –  MIJune 15, 2018
Sometimes job is frustrating because I wasn't trained properly when I was hired in so I would make a lot of mistakes not understanding. Change managers a lot.
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
Not enough Hours
I no longer work for Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJune 15, 2018
They do not care about their employees or families or customers for that matter all they care about is top end
I want to help people and be a positive part of a work force
Pros
Cons
no breaks, late lunches, favortism
It is a good first tech position if you do not mind the hours
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJune 14, 2018
The hours were the worst part, and some times management can be hard to work with, because it is a big corporation. having a work life balance can kind of be hard sometimes with this job.
Good job security poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 14, 2018
Always understaffed. Poor scheduling, and lack of information on most procedures. Great job security if you can deal with all of that going on. Hardest part of the job is doing the work of 2 employees due to being understaffed constantly.
Pros
job security
Cons
management and staff issues
Overall experience
PHARMACY TECH (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 14, 2018
I have worked 3 and a half years for a great company with great benefits. But I have been recently gone from a full time employee to part time employee without prior notice after being dedicated to the company through it all. I feel my seniority and or experience do not matter anymore.
Pros
Great staff great benefits
Cons
Poor management in new hires and little to no consideration for seniority and or experience
Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2018
Of course everyone's onions and encounters are different but this had to be one of the most unprofessional jobs thus far that I have had. People there where very mean and in all honesty it was not a fun and motivating or healthy environment that's why I left.
No employee appreciation
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2018
Work load is too much and not enough staff to finish work load. Hard work is not recognized or at all appreciated. Pharmacy is always dealing with verbally disrespectful people and no support from mangers in keeping these people out. Customers also can get threatening and we no longer feel safe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K