Walgreens Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great Place to Work, I miss it.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAJune 23, 2018
Please see comments in other for reason I left the role. Good place to work, If your systems had been programmed to prevent employees from selling products requiring ID without the actual ID I would most certainly still be employed at my Walgreen's. Please consider embedding hard stops in your system to force the employee to check I.D. When the line is long and people are frustrated it is hard not to feel the pressure and move as quickly as possible with the aim of providing good customer service while maintaining quotas.
Pros
discounts
Cons
little protection for employees with sale of alcohol
Good solid company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2018
I liked the easy company, easy job if you are young and flexible. can be hard to get hours and not many coworkers so you build good relationships with them
Life at Walgreens
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 23, 2018
Customer assistance, working as a team, extensive cash handling, keeping the store clean and in an orderly fashion, working well on own as well as with a team
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great customers great employees
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 23, 2018
It is a great place to work with great customers as well as employees it does have some issues here and there with management but over all a good company
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short breaks
Work is a headache
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 22, 2018
The store manager is actually pretty good at his job, however when I confronted him about the assistant manager having a bad attitude & verbally abusive nothing was done about it. They ask you to be overly responsible for the minimum wage they pay & the lack of hours they give you to work. I am actively looking for another job.
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMJune 22, 2018
Management was very friendly and helpful. Online education to enhance your skills was available and required. It is a physically demanding job requiring working the register while stocking shelves. Doing store cleaning at the end of the night shift. The hours are inconsistent fluctuating between day and evening shifts which affects your sleeping habits and daily schedule.Management was flexible when time was needed off work with advance notice. Staff is treated in a respectful manner. Benefit options are available which the company matches your funds. It is a good place to advance your career.Overall I would rate it as a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits and an opportunity to advance.
Cons
Schedule fluctuates, work register while stocking shelves.
Somewhat dissatisfied with management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 22, 2018
The most rewarding part of the job was establishing relationships with customers and helping them with any problems they encountered with find products or helping with their problems The least enjoyable part of the job was attempting to stock the shelves on truck days all in one day and still give the best customer service..
Pros
establishing relationships with my peers and customer saatisfaction
Cons
Lack of support from managemrnt
Poorly Managed
Walgreens Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2018
Walgreens is a very poorly managed working place. The worst one is the one located in Downtown Milwaukee, WI in the Grand Avenue Mall. This was the first job I ever obtained. I feel like the store has went down the drain. They have no respect for their employees and when there’s someone who’s sick or hurting, they will brush it off like nothing. They would also say the rudest comments like, “Do you want a bucket?” If you asked to leave because you felt very nauseous. This in fact was said to me and in a nasty manner. I did not take comfort in that and it was well understood. Also, if anyone was to say something about their scheduling it was as if they weren’t heard. They would have to hound the managers to correct the scheduling or even be understanding. Most of the time the managers would have the Customer Service Associates working on their tasks and jobs while they go and sit down. When they were confronted on it, they would lie and say it was our task. I feel this is a very unfair workplace to deal with, on top of the ride and disturbing customers. All of this was just to much to handle for me.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, scheduling, hours, average hours, PTO accurals, etc
Great workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLJune 21, 2018
Great work environment, 90% of the workers/ management are cool as can be and always care about employees personally. This job includes benefits and gives decent hours.
Fun, productive, and will work there again in a heartbeat.
customer service representive (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 21, 2018
A typical day at work is not stressful. I have learned, and also the hardest part of the job, was how to understand many different personalities of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and co-workers.
Walgreens is an average first job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 21, 2018
For teenagers walgreens is very average as far as first jobs go. It doesn't pay a ton but there is some room for advancement and most managers will work with you regarding what days you can work. It was easy enough and it was clean and I felt safe.
Pros
lunch break and 15 minute break
Cons
late hours (3-10)
The team of employees were fun to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2018
The location I worked at was very busy and fast paste. I worked the late shift most of the time and every weekend. I didn't have a personal life getting off at 12:30 AM
Productive and dedicated
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 21, 2018
Perfect place to work if under 16-18 or middle aged. Fast and efficient work environment, really busy. Have a set schedule before addressing availability.
Pros
Nice discount
Cons
Promotions
Productive and fun with a price
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 21, 2018
I started working for company in 2015 and it 's been a roller coaster ride. My co-workers are fun and are like minded. The only issue I have is the strict schedule and hours I have to work. The amount of hours you get can shift week to week.
Pros
Relaxing place to work
Cons
Unpredictability of tasks
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2018
All the workers there treat each other like family and enjoy each other’s company. Scheduling was flexible if you needed to take a day off foryour child they would help you with your schedule.
Pros
Benefits, advance in the company, team effort
Cons
Depends on the Manger of your store
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
Your work place environment will depend on your who shift leads are and who your manager is runs the store. Other than that the job is boring and menial. The only thing that will make your day better is the customers and the people you work with, so if that is not good then you will hate working there.
Corporate owned
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2018
I worked there for a year was promised promotion after promotion didnt get them. it was a way for them to hold my position over my head and continue me to keep working as hard as i was. i felt like i worked in highschool there is way too much drama and too many favorites. it nots worth the hard work and little pay.
I loved what i did i just did not like the pay and raises
Cosmetics Advisor/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
I would give it a 6 overall but I loved my coworkers and customer's . I also love going to different stores and doing the reset team when we remodeled I wish we could of have a reset job title with good pay like 10.50 per hour to do and I would have stayed and did that cause I loved doing that as well while working at Walgreen's
Conflicting direction from leadership
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bryson City, NCJune 20, 2018
Managers would tell you to do something one way one day and jump on you for doing it that way the next. they would blame failures on their part on something you did to distract them and would ask employees to spy on each other.
stressful, cut throat environment,
Customer service/customer relations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2018
My shifts here were usually 8-11 hour shifts. I learned how to adapt to different working environment. I am a hard working, fast paced multitasker who can work well under stress while staying positive, and I have great customer service skills. I learned how to handle issues with angry customers and thoroughly explain what the problem was and how I addressed it as well as assuring them they were well taken of so they can stay as a faithful customer. I loved my regular customers. I also answered phone calls addressing third party insurance issues and speaking with doctor offices regarding private patient information. My team had a different pharmacist just about every other day which was changeling at times but I was always confident the job would get done properly
Pros
discounts, good benefits, close to home
Cons
short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K