Walgreens Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

It was okay , not satisfiing enough
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 10, 2017
Didn't experience enough to make me wanna continue my position with the company...not enough hours ,lack of promotion, there were to much goofing off/silly things going on but the customers were lovely.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short
daily routine
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 9, 2017
what I learned from working at Walgreens is how to use a register.Management was alright, 2/5 managers would help us out on our task, the others would do their own things. The enjoyable moments I would have are working with my favorite coworkers, it was only about 3 people.Also having conversations with my regular customers, they make my shift go by fast. Hard part working there is dealing with rude customers, coupons, shoplifters,and bear runs.
Company changed a lot during my time there
Customer Service Associate/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 9, 2017
When I started in 2004, Walgreens was an excellent company to work for-employees had a fair workload because there were plenty of them and the pay was generous. When I left in 2017, stores were working with a skeleton crew, workloads were impossible to keep up with, and spirits were down. In 2010, 3/4 of the assistant managers lost their titles-and around $4/hr-and were demoted to "shift leaders", a new title corporate came up with for the exact same job as an assistant manager. Some of them had been with the company for more than 20 years. It was terribly unfair. Store employees had hours cut and days of truck deliveries no longer had all hands on deck.

In spite of the downward trajectory of Walgreens, I loved being there. I loved the customers, my co-workers, and the management. I've met wonderful people there.
Pros
Generous employee discount, good health insurance for full time employees
Cons
Schedule changes from week to week
Walgreens
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2017
A typical day at Walgreens is me providing customer service while working as a cashier and stocking products.The enjoyable part of the job is working to satisfied customers, making sure they leave happy with my service.
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
part time job
Fast paced store
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 8, 2017
Fast paced store, 24 hour pharmacy.
Work eight hour shifts with a half hour lunch and 15 minute break. Few required jobs, stocking the coolers, stocking shelves, trash, tagging and untagging sales, moving merchandise around store to accommodate seasons, helping customers, enrolls patrons in reward programs, tasks as deemed by managers.
nice working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 8, 2017
Good environment nice workspace
good stuff they people were nice I did not have problem with coming to them and say what I feel are they were respectful
Pros
nice
Cons
dont communine
Cool
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2017
It was cool. I loved working on Homan and Roosevelt but when I transferred downtown that is when things went downhill. I hated working overnight. Management was very unprofessional wouldn't let me switch shifts or transfer out. Stupids! Hated them badly.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
was unhappy and depressed
Walgreens
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 8, 2017
It is a good place to work. They provide good benefits. Your are given your task for the work day. If anything else needs immediate attention, they will kindly ask for your assistance.
Fast Paced and Convenient Shopping
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 8, 2017
Walgreens is a very great place to work, the managers ive seen come through there should have managing trainer prior to managing such a great store as such.
It's okay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2017
If you are a college student it's an okay job to pay for books, but I wouldn't recommend this as a career job. Little to no advancement unless you're a butt kisser.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
You don't get the schedule you requested
Great for students and part time work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2017
The best thing about working at a Walgreens in San Francisco, CA is that it's unionize and you're surrounded with awesome coworkers!! Management good!
Pros
Flexible hours, Lenient Management, Awesome Co-Workers!
Cons
Rude Customers, No Advancement
Low paying job that requires varying schedules
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2017
The stores are frequently understaffed causing the employees that are on duty to multi-task as a regular part of the job . Management frequently assigns more task than time allows.
Just depends on your work ethic
COSTUMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 6, 2017
Walgreens is not for everyone, you depending on your initial position thy may not move you even if you don't like where you are at. Be careful, it is not an easy one
job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2017
The job was very stressful because all the responsibilities seem to fall on crew members. Although the pay was higher than minimum wage you weren't paid enough for what you were asked to do. Felt like a "slave".
Its a fun place to work very slow paced
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  York, SCDecember 6, 2017
Its slow paced, and you have a list of things to do, its fun to help customer with there photo orders and stock shelfs and organize.The staff is very nice and family orientated
fun place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 6, 2017
Overall its a good place to work if your don't like set schedules. Everyone is very helpful and nice. There is always room for growth and improvements.
Pros
fun place to work, always room for improvement
Cons
no overtime Store is open 365 days of the year
Great Place
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 6, 2017
Wallgreens is a great place to work. You are always busy and interacting with customers. The work schedule are very flexible, and if you want to learn more about the business you can.
Productive and fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2017
Productive work day.Learned to improve with my Sales oitch, Management was very easy to get along with.The culture was very Diverse.Keep up with sales and price changes was sometimes had its challenges.Atmosphere was very lively.
Pros
Good company always producing more products to benefit the community.
Cons
Needed more security on evenings and nights.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellbrook, OHDecember 5, 2017
Working at Walgreens was a fun environment. I ended up leaving for a job more focused in my degree. The management, for the most part, was caring and great to get along with. There was one bad manager who was the bad egg that spoiled the basket. It is just the way you perceive things. I would recommend Walgreens overall.
Walgreens is a good job with great benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2017
Working at Walgreens gives you an opportunity to learn various jobs and duties throughout the store. Team work is an integral part of making sure that customers receive the best experince.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.