Walgreens Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Average retail job with a little extra pay.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  West Bountiful, UT 84010February 17, 2018
Training is easy. The job is easy. Cashiers are in charge of cleaning the bathrooms and their register area. They also stock, give customer service, take payment, and tidy the isles.
Pros
15 minute paid break. Relaxed environment. Comfortable uniform. Employee discount.
Cons
Sometimes rude customers. Some toxic employees. condescending boss.
Poor management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 17, 2018
I enjoyed my job and it's duties but there was poor management. It showed whenever a problem needed to be handled. I was harassed when new management came in towards the end of my experience there. Several customers complained about the issue also.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
bad management
low pay for all the work excepted hardly ever two days off in a row
Customer Service Assoiciate (Former Employee) –  FLFebruary 15, 2018
I don't hate this job but it is no longer enjoyable the company is making a lot of changes and not all for the good it seems. There are never enough hired employees to keep up with the jobs that need to be done and lots of employees calling out. Pay is the worst for all the work that is required of us. Very rarely do you get 2 days off in a row.
Cons
low pay
Very difficult location to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 14, 2018
I felt unsafe in my work environment. There was no security and management seemed unpassed by my safety concerns and requests. I was always uneasy about getting to and from work safely
Co-workers were amazing and management will always have your best interest in mind.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDFebruary 13, 2018
Being an employee at Walgreens was an amazing experience and I would recommend it to anyone who would like a easy start into/or wanting to improve their skills within the customer service field. Since you will be doing a little bit of everything you have the ability to improve the skills you already know while at the same time learning about new skills that may want to push you into a different field within that company.
Pros
Pot-lucks, birthday celebrations, employee of the month
Cons
limited ability to achieve full-time status, healthcare
Costumer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Walgreens helped build my confidence and made me appreciate giving customers great customer service. Work Culture is great, management take pride in our store and ensures that both customers and staff are happy.
Pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAFebruary 13, 2018
The pay is not fair for all the work you do and the stress you are put under. I have worked here for a year and the only thing that keeps me here are their benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Great summer job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAFebruary 12, 2018
I worked there in the summer after my senior year of high school. Liked it because I knew someone I worked with and we were very productive together. Mangers were nice.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Pay
Great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJFebruary 12, 2018
At Walgreens I was able to step out my shell . Because I had to do things I’ve never done in sales ... which also help boost my confidante . Love the customers and the experience I gained .
Pros
Experience .. customers
Cons
Stood on my feet to long ... affected my health .. short breaks
Awful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 12, 2018
Moving along within the company takes years and your bonus is $1.50. this job is not a career, it's a job you get while you're in high school. They take advantage of your gender and age, and as a 19 year old well built man I was stuck with dirty, heavy jobs no one else wants to do. Sexism is a large role as well in what the will assign you to do
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Boss' taking advantage of you
Easy slow paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2018
It was a easy slow paced and repetitive workplace but management was great on giving task to everyone and telling everyone how it needs to be done and right.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Short breaks no healthcare
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Working at Walgreen's means, you always have something to do and/or something to learn. If it means learning more about the floor, or the photo department, people will be willing to train you.
Bad job to have
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 11, 2018
I got medical documentation of migraines and my managers all told me they believed I was lying. The managers had their favorites and made sure it was known. When I was working there I was told I had to be in the front at all times, I did not get much training and I got yelled at on numerous occasions because I asked for help. Another thing that was so bad about working at Walgreens was at night, the managers would all go sit in the break room and if you needed help you had to go through so many obstacles to get the attention that was needed.
Stressful environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 11, 2018
In my experience, the two walgreens stores I have worked at have been terrible. The management was always very self absored. For three years of my life I was still paid the same, I never received a pay raise simply because the management did not like me as a person, although my work ethics were amazing and I had been praised several times for it.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Walgreens but I wanted to try something new and have a new working experience. The management was great and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job would be working with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my friends.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
short breaks
A Great Way to Gain Work Experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 10, 2018
This was an excellent first job, and allowed me to gain confidence in myself and my ability to solve problems among coworkers and customers. I enjoyed working with my coworkers to create displays and other projects around the store.
Friendly and fun place to work
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Depending on the store, employees and management this can be a fun place to work employees are friendly and helpful. According to what your looking for it can be a good career for you.
Customer Service Associate/ Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 10, 2018
Its a steady job with a steady paycheck. Most people work here for years and years. Good atmosphere. You mostly work alone in your department. I loved it.
management team lack personality and they do not motivate employees to succeed in there job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 9, 2018
Store manager always had something negative to say. I did not like that employees that would get promoted would be the ones that did no work played around during work hours.
Cons
management team effortless
Great Place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Loved this job! Would recommend to anyone entry level customer service. We offered great customer service to our customers while staying open 24hrs--this mad things where you had options for many shifts.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.2K