Walgreens Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 3,188 reviews matching the search See all 26,055 reviews
Get a better job!
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 9, 2018
Worked for this company for over 13 years. They constantly allow customers to walk all over you for any reason. Management, depending on who they are, will walk over you as well. Very strict on if you get sick, you only get a couple times you can call out, then they will write you up a couple times till you are fired. Low pay in the company. Will NOT work with you on hours. This company used to be great, now they dont care. They keep taking things away from employees (vacation days, job positions, etc). There are never enough employees in the store at one given time, so customers get antsy because of the lack of help. Corporate keeps cutting hours.
Pros
Its a job, insurance if over 30 hrs a week
Cons
Work during holidays, management, not enough hours
Hours and work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILDecember 9, 2018
Times can be great to work and times can be a nightmare unfortunately. Hours are iffy at times due to corporate issues. Work load can vary on some occasions.
Pros
People work with
Cons
When short staffed tempers flare
productive work experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 9, 2018
I was very excited when I got hired at Walgreens after working for the Student Youth Employment Program there and am sad to leave. Unfortunately, I feel the need to try out other jobs and see where life takes me.
Pros
discounts
Cons
inconsistent hours
Relaxed workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNDecember 8, 2018
Management was good, scheduling was easy and flexible. It was easy to get along with everybody i worked with and we were able to have fun while working.
Pros
Discounts, benefits, flexible schedule
productive and fun work place with friendly hardworking co workers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 8, 2018
in my opinion the hardest part of the job was figuring out the store by heart when i first was hired at Walgreens. Due to my role of facing & restocking the shelves,figuring out the store was an additional priority i had to master so that i can work at a quick pace.But other than that i enjoyed my summer youth experience.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Management Can Improve
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 7, 2018
Great place to move up the ladder, however, there is a lot of politics and favoritism that comes into play as far as management goes. If the shift leads like you, the store manager likes you and vice versa.
Walgreens was alright
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Brook, NJDecember 7, 2018
But its in the past not im looking forward to the future! I dont want to make $9 / hour working a cashier or stocking and managing shelves. I want to be working for myself and my own aspirations not anyone else's!
Good experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 7, 2018
I worked daytime , then switched to graveyard shifts, but enjoyed working with my coworkers. You pretty much do the same thing every week, so time goes by quickly, and depending on your coworkers it becomes a good day, although I always had a good day with whomever I worked with.
Pros
The coworkers
Must love people
Customer Service Associate/Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ILDecember 6, 2018
I have formed relationships with many of my customers. Some customers are very difficult to deal with, but it is very rewarding to deal with the ones who put a smile on my face and refer to me by name! I know that I have made their day better when they can come into retail chain store and can have a relationship with the clerk. I have learned that no matter how frustrated I get at the other customers and things at my job, it's the other customers who bring a smile to my face daily that make everything worth it!
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
Not good pay
Good starting job, but takes decades to advance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCDecember 6, 2018
Understaffed and overworked employees is the norm. To-do lists written in a way that makes you question every task you're assigned to do. Unsafe stockroom where the large and heavy shelves are placed 15 feet above your head, and balanced precariously on top of each other. I know someone who worked there for 8 years and still hasn't advanced into a management role they've been seeking. Annual raises based on performance that barely exceed a quarter raise, often times much less. Expect a dime raise if you're decent.
Cons
short breaks, always on your feet
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 6, 2018
They help you a lot to get promoted, they do have a pharmacy technician class they offer. Earn customer service experience. There were amazing coworkers at my location.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 5, 2018
Always stay busy, and have a new challenge daily. I would recommend this job to someone looking for job experience. Managers are nice and it will teach you a lot about the community.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2018
Productive environment working with customer no paid off days or sick pay no paid vacations no insurances no 401 k slow pace some times breaks are like 30 minutes
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Work weekend and holidays no extra pay
It's the people you work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 5, 2018
Like with quite a few jobs it is not really about how hard the work is, but who it is that you work with and at this store it was the dream team. It was one of the busier stores so we were always on our feet and everyday was an adventure, but everyone was willing to compromise and get the job done. Management was amazing our store manager was not afraid to get her hands dirty and made sure to make all of us employees feel like we mattered.

If you are a cashier at a busy store like the one I was in you can typically expect to stay in one place on your feet for 7-9 hours at a time.
Pros
Fashionable Uniform
Cons
30 minute lunch break
Fun work place
Boyle Heights - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Breed Street 90033December 4, 2018
I would stock new merchandise and would help any customer that would need help finding a new product. Let them know about new discounts. Nothing was hard. Sometimes boring.
Pros
relax work place
Cons
short breaks
It's a lot more than you think
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Shorewood, WIDecember 4, 2018
I only work with about three people that were there two years ago when I started. Walgreens has gone downhill a bit with their company policies and they like to mess with their employees.

That being said, it's been really good as a student. I learned quickly that it wasn't just a cashier job I applied for. I now know everything there is to know about the photo department, the front end, and how to handle things like damaged goods and returns when it comes to shipping them back to their respective centers. I'm now a beauty consultant.

Work culture is very dramatic. There's a clear division between front end and pharmacy. Managers don't do too much. Everyone talks about everyone behind their backs and there's a whole lot of slackers.
great team members
Customer Services Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA, USDecember 4, 2018
we always work as a team when I worked at walgreens. our teammate always try to help each other in order to get our daily work done effectively so everyone in the team are friend either at work and off the clock.
Coworker were easy to get along with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNDecember 4, 2018
Some management seem to care about the employees. They worked with you if you had an emergency. It was a friendly atmosphere for the most part. I enjoyed my time there
Blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXDecember 4, 2018
Very hard work. Stocking shelves all the time, changing prices and resets all the time. Unloading the delivery trucks. People are not all treated equally.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very hard labor job
Inconsistent work schedule and horrible management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2018
I go to school full time so they weren’t able to work with my schedule accordingly. Also, management was very poor and rude. They didn’t know how to properly treat customers. They always got complaints. As an employee as well as a customer, I find that completely unacceptable. Customers complain about the associates having better customer service than the management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management, not flexible, and disfunctional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.5K