Walgreens Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

interesting place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 18, 2018
i work in the evening
come in clock in
deal with the photo area
people complain about the littlest things
they i have to do stocking and cleaning
most photo project take up a lot of time
face the entire store
clean the bathroom and stockroom
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Productive work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2018
I really did like going to work most days. The one major downfall that I did not like was my hours were all over the place! I am a member of a parent organization in my children's school and I had a very hard time keeping my commitment since my work hours were never the same. I liked that the store was pretty busy most of the time making my day/night seem to go faster. I did not like when you have to ask everyone if they wanted to get their flu shots, during the cold and flu season, or when the "be well" tag line was being used! What's wrong with just saying to someone, "hope you have a nice day"? Or every person that walked into the door you'd have to say "welcome to Walgreens", pretty sure they know where they are! I sometimes would forget, and just simply say "hi" or "welcome" and those were not good enough! But more than not, the work flow made up for this!
Great Job
Retail Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, ILSeptember 18, 2018
As a high schooler working is a great job to have and you can learn a lot about retail by working with adults. The job is fast paced at times but depending on the people you work with you can have a lot of fun.
Low Pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2018
I started out at $9/hr. And I only get about 20-23 hours per week. Which is close to nothing when I receive my check - considering I have bill(s) to pay & a family to support.
After the first week I went from about 38 hours a week to 20. Huge decrease.
There is a high theft rate and a very slow paced environment. A lot of people quit because it’s too boring — but the bright side to that is it is non stressful.
Pros
Non-stressful
Cons
Few hours, low pay, no set schedules
Quick paced and competitive environment, friendly co workers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake, MSSeptember 18, 2018
The job asks for you to take on several task with what seems like a very limited amount of time. Team members are flexible enough to compensate when need be.
a typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Typical manager duties. Open or close the store. Deal with customers. Close one night and open the next morning was never fun. Employees were nice and made the day more fun especially if everyone is working together and on the same page. Never had any issues with the Store Managers Ive worked with.
Pros
Cons
close then open the next day
A positive good work experience in retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 17, 2018
Good training on how to interact with customers. Good Manager, helpful and informative, good to work with and not arrogant. Likeable, Helpful coworkers.
Pros
Training with Lunch
Crummy-job with close-knit staff
Retail and Pharmacy Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 17, 2018
-typical day at work (typical responsibilities) -rotate/receive inventory, stock shelves, help customers, cash register, photo lab (easy PC work), tidy/clean store, check expiration dates
-what i learned -learned how to be patient
-management- can be hit or miss, some micromanage and crave authority, others are respectable straight-shooters and some are too nice.
-workplace culture?
-hardest part of the job- cleaning restrooms and, in general, making it through the day
-most enjoyable part of the job- helping customers
Fun and relaxable, entry level job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 16, 2018
Would recommend if you are looking for an entry level job with okay pay.
Work hour is very flexible for part-time employees
Doesn't need much experience.
Ok for extra money I guess
Customer Service Associate/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Pay doesn’t match work. Open all year round and there is no excused sick days. Dk I if this goes for all stores but management is immature and loves to gossip.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks & open 365 days a year
Stressful and unproductive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 16, 2018
making sure customers are satisfied. :I have learned that how to make all regular customer laugh.: I get along with all my management.: It is high we are all busy.: The heavy lifting like the cases of water and the sodas.: The customers who put a smile on your face and make you laugh.
Pros
I have made alot of friends over the years
Cons
I have been in retail to long, Need a change
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2018
you have to work there to see
its something new everyday
been with this company for nearly 12 years
my usual job is in quality control but those jobs are in the burbs
overall, walgreens is not going anywhere anytime soon
Boring job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Walgreen's is a good job if your not trying to do any hectic tasks or don't like working a quick paced. I didn't mind the job at first because I was serving while I was working at Walgreen's so the change of pace was fine. But once I got used to serving, Walgreen's became too slow and mundane for me. Also, the pay isn't enough for a part time job. Minimum wage job and they always give me night shifts on the weekends when I'm available during some weekdays and during the days on the weekdays. I have nothing against the co-workers and managers but the job itself and it's paradoxical policy makes this job so not worth it. Especially for the pay. Too many requirements on having to take breaks, when I don't really want to because it just removes money from my salary.
Pros
easy job, co-workers and managers are empathetic
Cons
Low pay, mundane, monotonous and lack of difficulty
Somewhat stressful place to work
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Depending on management, working as a CSA can be very stressful at some times. I do enjoy working there on most days, but there are some days that are not as pleasurable to work there.
It was a good starting position, but grew stagnant
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VASeptember 13, 2018
lack of career advancement, but it's a good starting wage if you're just looking for a normal retail position. it wasn't something i could spend my entire life doing, but i have no real resentment for the job itself.
Fun environment to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCSeptember 13, 2018
It’s very quick pace job. You’ll always be helping people find something. You’ll be busy with things around the store. Co-workers are always helping each other out.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Meetings
Fun for a while
Photo Technician / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CASeptember 11, 2018
If you get in at a good store with a good manager it can feel like the whole "work family" sort of atmosphere and you won't dread going to work. If that changes though, you're pretty much doomed to continue the same level of efficiency with a quarter of the morale.
Fun and productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halfmoon, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Coworkers got along great with each other so the work atmosphere was always cheerful and energetic and the different types of tasks available at the workplace always kept everybody busy
ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
if you are leaving from high school or just retire from a long career then this is the place to work slow and laid back. if have a busy day and want to work a few a hours
Easy part time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lorain OhioSeptember 10, 2018
Because of management issues, the job isn't the best. In a pinch it will suffice. Ever changing store policy causes friction in management and the staff has a high turn over rate.
Pros
Easily hired, decent wage for required position
Cons
Not enough hours, internal issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K