Walgreens Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Walgreens Experience
Lead Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 22, 2018
Working at Walgreens has taught me a lot about myself. i grew as a social person and i was able to connect with customers as regular people.
it is not a place where you are able to move up correctly. i experiences bias and racism, from the company and the customers. i believe if i worked at another location, my experience would have been very different. i can only speak from my personal experience, and i am very thankful for my experiences working there.
What i learned
Senior Beauty Adviser (Former Employee) –  Troy, ILJune 22, 2018
All about skin care for all ages, up selling and earning on commission getting to know what my customers like and need being able to manage time, helping in all areas of the store
Pros
good hours
An Awful Experience
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 20, 2018
The position that the company promises you at your interview is nothing like the actual experience you have once you start. Beauty is not their priority and you will be expected to provide service to the entire store as opposed to letting you focus on cosmetics, which is the specialty you were hired for. Zero opportunities for advancement. Trainings are lackluster, and few and far between. Unless you work at a higher traffic store, you will be standing around bored out of your mind the majority of your shifts, as you’re not allowed to do anything except service customers. Managers will not listen to your complaints or concerns, and you will be penalized any time you lack in performance—which will be often, because you will almost never have customers to service as the company does not advertise its beauty services to the general public.

The pay and benefits are not worth the hypocrisy and disorganization this company causes. If beauty truly is your passion, apply to an established cosmetics business. You will not like this job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A lot of down time, unsupportive managers
Great place
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
This is a great place to work toward individual life goals. I learned a lot about how important daily goals are as well as staying educated about products and tools.
Love this type of work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 18, 2018
As a beauty advisor I loved this type of work I had to learn about new products that were going to be promoted and if I sold the promoting item I would get a bonus per item. My only complaint was when closing the store the beauty advisors had to clean the bathrooms.
Pros
fun job
Cons
have to clean public toilets
Not my first choice
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 17, 2018
The manager wasn't very understanding. I was dealing with a death in the family and my parent's crumbling marriage while juggling school and bills. I was also made a cashier instead of being in the position I enjoyed and was hired for. I expressed my complaints and ended up leaving because they could no longer work with my schedule.
Pros
free short breaks, variety of merchandise
Cons
infrequent breaks, inflexible scheduling
Close minded
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, INJune 15, 2018
While I was employed with Walgreens, I would often offer suggestions as to how to make things work more smoothly. My suggestions were often "swept under the rug" if you will. When I was told to make my own skmatic for an end cap my manager told me that it was horrible and completely wrong.
Productive and fun work place
SR. Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 8, 2018
Very busy work day from start to finish.More like a family place that welcomes everyone.Great boss and awesome co-workers.Absolutely love the customers they are what keeps the day interesting.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
short lunches
Good job if you like retail and rules.
Beauty Advisor/Designated Hitter (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Walgreens but felt there was no place for me to go after receiving my degree. I began working for Walgreens before going back to school for my degree. I am close to graduating and did not see my future at Walgreens.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Cons
It is retail.
Great company
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 5, 2018
This is a great starter job. I worked here for 3 years and loved it. Had to leave because the pay wasnt enough but the environment and my coworkers were fantastic. I loved coming to work everyday.
It’s retail but I loved my store and management!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 4, 2018
It’s retail work and retail hours and retail pay. It’s not glamorous by any means but let me tell you. I had incredible management the entire time I was there. Even when they brought new management in they hired very well.
Easy job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 3, 2018
An easy job to do but can get stressful at times. Management was not great; favoritism held them back from taking disciplinary action towards certain employees. Most enjoyable part of the job was talking with nice customers.
Pros
store discount
Cons
tedious at times
amazing
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEJune 2, 2018
i love working for this company in many ways they just do not pay anywhere near enough for me to continue to raise my family on my own i love everything about this job
Very bad place to work
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HIJune 2, 2018
The experience i had there was very poor the store manager was racist and very rude at times i was treated very poorly and had a very bad time working there the only up side was the employees ...
Pros
The employees
Cons
Racist, underpaid, favortism, short breaks
Best job I have ever had
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHMay 31, 2018
Being a beauty consultant for Walgreens is something so positive and makes you feel better about being a human being. I have never loved a job this much. If you like meeting new people, are outgoing, a go getter, LOVE MAKEUP, love making people feel better about themselves and want to make a difference...do it. Free products are also a PERK. At trainings we typically get a huge gratis bag full of beauty products. Full size. I'm happy and I love my customers. A good manager also helps. If your manager doesn't support you, you will fail. Walgreens has a great vision of where beauty is going.
Pros
Extensive training, great people, freedom
Structured yet Enjoyable
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 30, 2018
Management at every Walgreens location I worked at was great. The day to day tasks are organized and there is always something to do or help out with.
Best job
Head Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Round Lake Beach, ILMay 26, 2018
Every job has something you don't like about it but this one made it difficult to see any. The management and staff all felt like family. The store manager had a quote that always made me WANT t do my very best. He would say " I'm replaceable. You all are not ". Out of thirty years in retail that was by far the best manager I have ever had the pleasure working with.
Pros
Many opprirtunities in the company.
Cons
Most positions require flexible hours.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 25, 2018
A typical day at work consists of greeting customers, and stocking merchandise. As well as, interacting with customers to meet sale goals. I gained confidence to meet new people with this job.
Good people, good experience
Beauty Advisor / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMay 20, 2018
Easy job overall, only issues arise when coworkers don't pull their weight and I had to pick up slack which got exhausting. Management was great and helpful. Not a fan of pushing so much for customers to do surveys but I enjoyed my time working for Walgreens.
Great job beauty advising and great customer service
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2018
I worked with this company for 6+ years I enjoyed giving great customer service I keep my area clean give great beauty advise i did planograms scanouts markdowns I stocked worked the truck I did Saturday promotions on new products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K