Walgreens Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Found 1,569 reviews matching the search See all 26,215 reviews
Decent retail job
Senior Beauty Advisor, Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYDecember 11, 2018
Started on cash and then was cross training in Photo and Beauty.

If you smart and a good worker there is definitely the possibility to move up at the company.

Was put on a team to set up new stores which broke up the day.
Pros
ability to purchase discounted stock
Cons
corporate can be too firm on "customer is always right" policy
Productive enviroment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johns Island, SCDecember 11, 2018
Working at Walgreens was a different experience. The hours were flexible. Management and the other employees were helpful towards any concerns I had. I enjoyed my time there.
Flagship store
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2018
Every one there is always there to help each other & well for the customers. Management is always there to back you up. There always encouragement to go forward in new positions.
Pros
Lunch party, flexibility, friendly environment
Could be better management
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 11, 2018
I learned a great deal of skills. When I was pregnant I got discriminated against. Also my managers do not like my position and think that I do nothing for my entire shift. Some managers also like to twist things around that happened to try to get you in trouble to cover themselves, aka throwing you under the bus. Other employees treated me terribly because of my position, beauty consultant.
Pros
30 minute lunch, flexible schedule, discount
Cons
management, not enough hours
my work
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WADecember 4, 2018
The best part of my job over all the years was being able to give my customers the very best customer service. I was able to pass on to them all of the knowledge that I have learned about the products to help them with their beauty routine. The hardest part of the job was trying to finish task lists given by management. There were times that there was not enough time in the day. The past 3 to 4 years were all the changes that took place in the company.
Overall great satisfaction
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 4, 2018
This was a great place to work friendly employees and great management, work with your schooling and can progress into the pharmacy with Them paying the schooling.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Graveyards
A great starter job
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILDecember 4, 2018
Honestly while working within Walgreens, I learned basic people skills and how to fake it until I made it. It’s great for a first job because it’s not that hard and it also is great experience.
Cons
Short breaks, management
Great place to start your career as a Beauty Consultants.
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2018
I've learned a lot about the Cosmetic Industry and sales as a whole. Walgreen's has equipped me with the knowledge and experience I needed to qualify me for a greater opportunity in the Beauty Industry.
It ok place to work
Beauty Advisor / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
Productive workplace due to they budgeting it becomes stressful when its not enough employees working. A ton of work is put on one person an it becomes overwhelming. Plus they not paying enough to even go through all the stress. Only thing keeps me there is my flexible scheduled I receive now an it was a lot to even get this scheduled I have. Guess you have to be grateful for a job some people don't even have that. Just want a better job making more money more benefits an a comfortable place to work.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
cut hours, more money, non safety, better management
Fun and learn place
Service Clerk and Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRDecember 3, 2018
I learn how to do customer service, do the freight, how to do zoning and stock the merchandise. Do labels and other process for the weekly ads and how to exchange a product.
Pros
flexible schedule, bonus
Cons
work late
Was a great work place
Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2018
I worked there for a couple years until I started back at school. My manager was very understanding when he let me go due to my school schedule was not working well with my work schedule.
fun place to work
Beauty Advisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 30, 2018
walgreens provided me with many different training opportunites, such as transferring to a different department to learn various sales tactics and so on.
walgreens
SALES REPRESENTATIVES & BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCNovember 29, 2018
Was a great job with wonderful customers, the suggestive selling was fun gave people something exciting to look forward to. beauty products would probably be the most difficult if you are not aware of them.
Poor management, hostile work environment, rampant unchecked racism/misogyny/bigotry
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  USNovember 18, 2018
While I enjoyed my working relationship with my beauty consultant peers and management related to being a beauty consultant my general experience with instore management was a complete disaster.

Had a terrible manager that was extremely racist and misogynistic, would frequently degrade employees to the point of bringing them to tears. I witnessed outright racist comments and discrimination. After contacting HR they did nothing to protect me or maintain anonymity and did absolutely nothing but the bare minimum.

There’s a passé outlook to bigotry and the general mistreatment of employees particularly in regards to how lower/upper management treats employees under them. Having worked in the beauty industry for years I was completely blown away by the lack of compassion Walgreens has for its employees. Barring all of this the location I worked at was lucky to break even let alone make profit month to month, if that’s not a clear indication of complete failure in terms of management then I don’t know what would be.

I would avoid this job if at all possible and stick with working at a counter..not only is the job/company culture better but the commission and pay is better, there’s more room for advancement, more foot traffic/customers so more sales, and finally you’d be working for an established brand with proper equipment and sales strategies. Walgreens is basically winging it after they acquired boots, their attempts at offering a higher end experience and selling prestige is a joke within the industry. If you have cosmetic retail experience or have experience as a
  more... makeup artist your skills are worth more than what they’re offering. I promise you. You deserve better.  less
Pros
Easy to get hired, decent product
Cons
Outright racism/misogyny/bigotry, very little room for advancement, dirty/unsanitary stores, unclear sales strategies, low foot traffic, complete and utter failure of instore management, abusive environment
Productive Place
Cashier/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 16, 2018
A great place to GROW. I had so much fun working there. I miss it. I think the hardest thing about working there was restocking on certain days when we had lots of traffic.
Gave me opportunity to grow.
Lead Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 13, 2018
I worked for Walgreen for many years. Their incentives where fair. I received many opportunities for growth and developing my skills.
I was a lead beauty advisor and dealt with goals and worked one on one with store, regional and corporate expectations.
Pros
Commission
Horrible Place to Work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 13, 2018
Do not work here, The managers get away with anything they want, which can include degrading you based on any status, marital, career, opinions, etc. While working here, I overheard a manager say that they like to employ students because they are less likely to leave. While this may be true, it created problems because some staff were immature and vengeful. Often blaming an employee for something they did not do. This goes beyond the clerks, this is in the upper management as well. Something that was enjoyable about this job was the communication shown was some of the best in the industry, the training received is still useful in other positions at other companies, and the customer service skills developed actually helped me nail my interview at my next job.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise, commission for selective selling, employee recognition, and team work incentives, as well as community building
Cons
Bad management, pay was minimal for expectations
Fast-paced environment
Head Photo Specialist/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 11, 2018
A typical work day consists of helping customers throughout the store with finding products, stocking shelves, submitting photo orders, and selling cosmetic products.
Walgreens
Cashier/Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atmore, ALNovember 2, 2018
This job provided me the tools to be of more customer service to the public. A typical day would be going in and performing the task that were given to me before shift started and helping pick up the slack when my fellow co-workers needed help. Great job for an entry level individual!
Thoroughly enjoyed working here!!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NCOctober 23, 2018
Great place to work and meet new people!! I really enjoyed my customers as well as my co workers. I liked the way everyone pulled together to get the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.5K