Walgreens Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Ok place to work
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 7, 2017
I just feel that I was working beneath my abilities and education in the work field. I worked the cosmetic counter. I was told that part of my position was to clean the bathrooms. Not acceptable. I worked hard to advance in the work field. to just end up cleaning toilets.
Great place to work, customers are super cool and the discounts were unheard of
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Grove MODecember 6, 2017
Great place to work, customers are super cool and the discounts were unheard of . The management team were always available to answer questions and to help out
Beauty Consultant/Advisor
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
How well you like the work environment is based on the location of the store. I worked at a store that was very collaborative and encouraged growth, development and advancement in the company and all of my coworkers including myself was promoted within the company or had the opportunity to do so. Not all stores are like this, and it stems from management. Beauty Consultants are trained in all things skincare and are given a lot of tools to aid their job function. Providing great customer service is the priority and is very easy depending on the store's location and preparedness. It is great for someone that loves makeup, skincare, and helping others.
Pros
Gratis(product samples)
Cons
Some management not understanding the job responsibilities
Easy-going Environment
Assistant Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLDecember 4, 2017
A good job to start off with to give you an insight on what work life would be like. There a lot of expectations that they expect you to live up to but nothing too bad.
Fun
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CADecember 1, 2017
I worked in The Beauty Department and it was exciting. The only thing that wasn't pleasant there was there wasn't enough coverage on the floor during peak hours.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Not enough coverage
Productive , advancement
Senior Beauty Advisor (DEPARTMENT MANAGER) (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 1, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my experience was the customer building long life customerd it was competitive which i love it had some great employees it also had great benefits for a company
Pros
Grest benefits
Cons
You really have to settle and be walked over if you want to move up
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2017
It takes a lot of sacrifice of time and emotions to work there. I started to get panic attacks because it's high pressure for little return of interest.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Low employee engagement, bad hours
Good place
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed Wal greens, I think It is a wonderful job if you're needing to gain skills and keep money in your pockets through school. It is not hard work, The managers were very helpful. Getting help from older employees was the worst part, especially around the holidays.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
low hours
Walgreens
SALES ASSOCIATE & BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 28, 2017
This company is slow depending on the zoning. However, I've worked at several Walgreens and all of them gives the opportunity for high school students to get their feet in the door.
An OK place to work
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2017
There are some perks with this company like the benefits they do offer. I think there is a lot of favoritism here and minimal room for growth with low pay. In NYC, you cannot definitely live off of their pay.
Awesome people, awesome manager
Cashier/beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 26, 2017
I honestly liked working at Walgreens, my coworkers were friendly and my boss was awesome. It was one of the few retail places that said their employees come first and actually meant it. They know that life happens and my managers always worked with us to create the best work schedules possible for everybody.
Pros
Awesome ambiance
Cons
Pay
Loved it
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 25, 2017
I loved this job and I would advise anyone to work here. The atmosphere is great and the one on one customer service is great. Its a lot of work but if you are consistent with doing it, it would not be that bad.
Pros
The customer service experience is great, you get to meet so many people and hear great stories.
Cons
The pay is low and the hours are low that is the only problem.
great job
Beauty Advisor and Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYNovember 24, 2017
calm and not too stressful until certain times of the year. Perfect if you are at school and trying to keep balance. The work atmosphere was one that was standard
Walgreens
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 23, 2017
Favorite Job I've had. I think I'd gotten very lucky with the group I got to work with. I wish I'd never had to move, I really miss that place. Very fun place to work.
productive, fun working environment
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Walgreen's. It's a chill, fun environment to work in. The customers are very understanding as long as you enjoy your job you will have no issues whatsoever. My co workers were fun to work with and we always worked as a team to get the work done.
Pros
discounts, reliable manager
Cons
no cons
Stressful and no acknowledgement
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 18, 2017
This was a very stressful job and no acknowledgment for the work that you accomplished. There was more negativity than appreciation and you never felt like your work was ever good enough. There was always low moral and it made for unhappy employees and unhappy customers. I would not recommend working for this company, they don't focus on what really matters.
The team I worked with was why I stayed
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKNovember 17, 2017
the coworkers I had at my store and the fact that they would work with my college hours is why I was loyal and stayed here for over 3 years. I was not recognized for my achievements or paid fairly for my promotions or time there.
Pros
discount, flexible hours
Cons
poor pay
I loved it
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CONovember 15, 2017
The work environment is amazing and the employees are amazing as well. The managers listen and allow you to choose your schedule. The people that come into the store are nice.
Great company.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 14, 2017
I applied for the position because of my experience in cosmetology. I love the team I worked with. The management was fair and forgiving. I never felt threatened or hostility in the work space.
Pros
worked with my hours, friendly
Fun workplace!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSNovember 14, 2017
Walgreens is a good place to start out at and get experience. You can move on up in the company if you stay their long enough and work hard for it. It will also help you work on customer service skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.