Walgreens Employee Reviews

Beauty Consultant/Advisor
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
How well you like the work environment is based on the location of the store. I worked at a store that was very collaborative and encouraged growth, development and advancement in the company and all of my coworkers including myself was promoted within the company or had the opportunity to do so. Not all stores are like this, and it stems from management. Beauty Consultants are trained in all things skincare and are given a lot of tools to aid their job function. Providing great customer service is the priority and is very easy depending on the store's location and preparedness. It is great for someone that loves makeup, skincare, and helping others.
Pros
Gratis(product samples)
Cons
Some management not understanding the job responsibilities
fun workplace
Pharmacy Tech externship (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 5, 2017
Pharmacy is quick paced but nice meeting new people and good co-workers. I learned a lot about what is done in the pharmacy and how there computer system works.
Fast Paced
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 5, 2017
Walgreens is a good company to work but his very fast paced with little benefits. Salary is not fair. Store I worked at was unorganized and had poor management.
This place made you feel like family
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed my 8 years at walgreens. Not only was my place of work but I made lots of friends and everyone treated you like family and especially through hard times. The work was straight forward and fair. Great environment.
Great part time job!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 5, 2017
A typical day at Walgreens would entail checking out a high volume of costumers. Unloading large quantities of inventory from the shipment of the week.
Loved what I did
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 5, 2017
When working here I had a terrible manager. She fired one of her best employees in front of my face as I was starting my first day. Everyone left work at 5pm and it was only me and a float pharmacist in and I had no training and the pharmacist could only help me as much as she could because that was not her home store. I eventually survived my first day. I'm glad that all the patients were understanding that night.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management, not enough money, and training
Productive and fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2017
Productive work day.Learned to improve with my Sales oitch, Management was very easy to get along with.The culture was very Diverse.Keep up with sales and price changes was sometimes had its challenges.Atmosphere was very lively.
Pros
Good company always producing more products to benefit the community.
Cons
Needed more security on evenings and nights.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellbrook, OHDecember 5, 2017
Working at Walgreens was a fun environment. I ended up leaving for a job more focused in my degree. The management, for the most part, was caring and great to get along with. There was one bad manager who was the bad egg that spoiled the basket. It is just the way you perceive things. I would recommend Walgreens overall.
My experience.
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 5, 2017
A new boss came in and fired almost everyone. Changed a lot of things and if you didn't brown nose her,then your time was limited. Likes to throw you to the pharmacy wolves with no experience.
Walgreens is a good job with great benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2017
Working at Walgreens gives you an opportunity to learn various jobs and duties throughout the store. Team work is an integral part of making sure that customers receive the best experince.
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 5, 2017
My work experience at Walgreens was good. Enter acting with the customers was wonderful. Management was great at the Store I worked. Unfortunately I had to resign from the Company because I had to go and take care of my ailing father in New Orleans.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Healthcare
commuication
tried getting job there several times (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYDecember 5, 2017
Couldn't get phones calls back, even from Corporate. Very unprofessional. You can't really right a review if you keep getting turned down for one. Some employees are nice.
Pros
customer service
Walgreens
Conway - Photo Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 5, 2017
It was hard work, But i've never had a culture where the managers got down and did the hard work with you. Its a retail job so don't expect the "best" job in the world but out of any others I'd go back to them.
Walgreens
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Diberville, MSDecember 5, 2017
I never really write reviews for companies or any places at all but Walgreens is a great company to work for because they have so many benefits to choose from, many locations to work at and also give holiday pay when working on any holiday.
Pros
Pto, OT/Holiday pay
Cons
Short breaks, Working holidays
great place to work, great company
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INDecember 4, 2017
I started my medical career working for walgreens and it was the greatest learning experience that I will carry with me for life, It was a very stressful environment however we had a great team and worked amazing together and I still remain friends with most of them today. We were a family
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Cons
stressful environment because of high volume and dealing with the public
Fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXDecember 4, 2017
Work was quite stressful and sometime hectic. The health insurance was the greatest benefit. The workplace drama was the hardest part of the job. Upper management was better than Pharmacy manager.
Pros
defined breaks and lunches
Cons
workplace drama
associate
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 4, 2017
Walgreens was a great place to work. They trained me in many different departments. The location I worked at was very close and easy to work with. The management there was able to work with my difficult schedule requirements at the time.
I loved this job
Sims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 4, 2017
I love working at walgreens. I loved moving up in the company, i started out in the cosmetic department went to photo and did some work in pharmacy then I ended up being the sim coordinator.
Pros
Coworkers, customers
Cons
Coworkers, customers
loved it
Beauty Associate (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 4, 2017
i absolutely loved the staff and atmosphere, they were very helpful in showing me how to do everything, i felt very comfortable, made me look forward to going to work everyday
It’s not that great
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 4, 2017
Don’t work there. They suck and are understaffed. They work you like a dog. I️ need to go. Seriously I️ can’t beliebe I️m still there. The job does not take care of its employees
Pros
Flexible scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.