Walgreens Employee Reviews

good place to work at
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILAugust 13, 2018
i worked at Walgreen for probably about 6 months i was an alright place to work i had awesome employers but they didn't pay enough per hour for me to work there i couldn't pay my bills
Productive and customer skills advanced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 13, 2018
Typical day at Walgreens, very busy at my location. Quick paced, awesome customers and employees. Hardest part was watching customers be rude to management. What I enjoyed was the positive environment of working together and learning to keep the store going at the best of my ability.
Pros
Benefits and you got to choose whether you wanted an hour break or a 30 minute break.
Cons
Watching customers act out angrily towards your co-workers and management.
not the same company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 13, 2018
I used to enjoy the challenge of merchandising to increase sales. Now every store is the same and not orientated to the customers they have in the neighborhood
Poot management
Retail Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 13, 2018
I was at one store so they cut hours and sent me to a different store I just think altogether they just did not like me so then came along this span ish manager he was the worst there was he did not like me tried every angle to get rid of me he cut my hours he was very rude he should be reported .it was awful.
Pros
Good hours peaceful place
Difficult
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 13, 2018
I really enjoy my coworkers in the pharmacy, the management could definitely use some work. There is no clear line of communication. In this area the customers are difficult.
pharmacy tech at walgreens
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSAugust 13, 2018
This is a fast paced job which is rewarding if you have a great manager, if not it can be very stressful. THis is a great starter job for a pharmacy tech but I would not want to do this forever.
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
very stressful
Company's Changed but flexible for students
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2018
Company worked with me through school but I noticed a shift in company culture as time went on, and not for the better. Hours being cut and more is expected.
Shift lead/CSA (Former Employee) –  Elberton, GAAugust 13, 2018
At first I liked my job and boss, then he was transferred to another store right when he promoted me. This resulted in poor training and went down hill from there. As soon as he left, the store started to lose it's luster.
Muy complacida
Gondolera (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRAugust 13, 2018
Me encantó trabajar para la empresa ,aprendí junto a mis compañeros una experiencia extraordinaria con Muchas ganas de haberme quedado en su empresa ..gracias por permitir laborar junto a ustedes
Poor management bred poor workers
Sims Coordinator and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXAugust 12, 2018
Management on all levels was a joke. No one cared about doing anything more than they had to. Workers came in and played on their phones and whined about problems.
Pros
Cons
Poor worker attitude
Good Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYAugust 12, 2018
Good company that generally takes care of it's team. Plenty of opportunities to grow and move up within. May have to travel until something close to you opens up.
Pros
Discounts, team, opportunity
Cons
commute
Productivity in all.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 12, 2018
For certain stores there are certain problems. Over all I'm truly pleased with the experience that I have received there. There was no big problem that the team as a whole could not handle.
Pros
Team engagement, Charities, Volunteer Opportunities.
Cons
Too much flexible hours, Not enough working hands to help one another, Expectations.
Not Bad for a Retail Job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 12, 2018
One thing I can say about Walgreens is that they will pay more than minimum wage and they do give raises. It might be 25 cents an hour, but a raise is a raise. You get plenty of opportunities to earn more money on your check by selling certain items. Scheduling is generally flexible (as most retail jobs are). They give great employee discounts which apply even on sale and clearance items. BUT! It's retail. Management will NOT back you up with customers. That, in itself, is the great bane of retail.
Pros
Can't beat the discounts, decent pay
Cons
Mgmt will make or break your day, awful insurance, no maternity benefits
Company is changing drastically on weekly basis
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 12, 2018
Our focus factor is always our customers, patients and assurance we are delivering the services that our customers expect by supervising my 20+ team members assuring they where taking care of our customers by being proactive as soon they visited our store by acknowledging them, walking them to the location of our products and solving any issues that customers encounter at their visit. I will also supervise my employees to assure they where getting their daily task completed while assisting our daily guest. We have very open work culture where everyone is at the same level and has the same responsibilities in delivering a great customer service while customer are in our store. The best part of my job is that every day is different, I always learn new things from who you least expected and I always meet new people.
Pros
steady business, and AC work great
Cons
On several occasion is hard to please all of our customers no matter what
Hard but Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2018
Walgreen's was definitely a hard place to work. There was a lot of physical activity required from stocking, cleaning, running the photo lab, and making sure all of the customer's needs were taken care of. However, the culture of the people who worked there made it a fun and enjoyable place to work. Management was awesome.
Pros
Store Discounts on Walgreen's products
Good Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2018
Overall good place to work. Management advancement opportunities. Great pay rates. Employees are very close knit at stores. Ever changing company and culture, hard to keep the company goals straight, not enough hours.
It was a decent place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 12, 2018
It was hard to work there for me because I had been a trained pharmacy technician for 5 years and I felt like a glorified cashier working there while others who I knew were not even certified worked in the main area of the pharmacy
Respectful environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed the diversity of the job and customers. I enjoyed being current in today's society, both economically and culturally. I also felt like I was getting physical exercise, by just simply putting away stock on the shelves! The most difficult parts of the job, by far, was dealing with challenging customers. Understandably, some were simply very sick, however, some were simply just rude. Overall, the good by far outweighed the bad!
Employees were helpful.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 12, 2018
The employees were helpful, but sometimes the lines are so long and there is only one employee at the registers during the day. Where are the other employees? That is my only concern.
Management poor Garland 2614 Lavon store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 11, 2018
management goes by favoritism that will be the only way you will advance in the company by kissing up not by your great work ethic . the whole management needs to be fired and replaced with new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K