Walgreens Employee Reviews

Great job beauty advising and great customer service
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2018
I worked with this company for 6+ years I enjoyed giving great customer service I keep my area clean give great beauty advise i did planograms scanouts markdowns I stocked worked the truck I did Saturday promotions on new products
Pharmacist
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 19, 2018
Fast paced. turnover is high with pharmacists, technicians, and upper management. Work experience varies dramatically based on location and management.
Fun starting place to work!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, ILMay 19, 2018
walgreens offers more than just health and vacation benefits, they have many other perks and discounts with so many organizations. This is a great place to start work and make great connections with your community
Work environment differs by each store
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2018
Each store is different and each manager runs things differently. Pay does not match the amount of work given out. There is opportunity for growth but politics do play a big role in that.
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYMay 19, 2018
The Walgreens I specifically work at is comfortable. Theres 150 scripts on average done everyday, on top of that, we do patient calls to those who haven't picked up their meds, clean up, pull out expirees etc. I learned a lot over here regarding cooperation, team work, consistency, attention to detail, critical thinking. Management was superb. Hardest part was juggling work with school. I enjoyed getting to help patients.
Pros
Free Lunches
temporary employment
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYMay 19, 2018
its a typical retail job, hard work, constantly on your feet, always something to do, but if you worked hard and did what you were suppose to do the management would let you do your own thing as long as the job got done
Ok
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
They were very slow with the promotions or advancement in the company. Very sloppy not professional at all when it comes to management at the beginning.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 18, 2018
Walgreens provided me the opportunity to learn and improve as well as provided encouragement for growth in my career. It is very hectic and fast paced.
Alaska Walgreens horrible
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 18, 2018
Very Horrible place to work at. I worked there for almost 2 years and got horrible review even though I dont believe I deserved them. Especially when i recieved employee of the month. THe new management were horrible and mean to the employees especially the olders that worked there for more than year or so.
Pros
most of the employees were easy to get along with
Cons
No raises
Great
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIMay 18, 2018
The location where I worked was great. I liked everyone I worked with plus the hourly pay was above minimum wage. Would work for again. Plus you get discounts.
Ok
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMMay 18, 2018
Ok place to work. Going through several changes in the ever changing industry of healthcare. Walgreens is not creative in the ways they cut cost. Always reduce payroll but should look to cut unnecessary investments.
Nice team to work with
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMay 18, 2018
It was fun to work at Walgreen's, but there was a long drive to and from work, and I was never guaranteed hours to pay all my bills and the gas to get to and from work.
Pros
Clean, laid back, relaxing
Cons
Traveling, no guaranteed hours
Receive, type, fill and file new prescriptions. Replenish/Return inventory. Provide excellent patient satisfaction. Maintain a clean and healthy envir
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAMay 18, 2018
Receive, type, fill and file new prescriptions.
Replenish/Return inventory.
Provide excellent patient satisfaction.
Maintain a clean and healthy environment.
Communicate efficiently with staff
Low pay bad training
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2018
Job was okay but the training sucked the person I was partnered with made me do all the work the first day. No one really taught me anything. You have to run both the regular register and do everything for customer service all while still getting paid minimum wage.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, breaks, pay
Not a fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 18, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here and you can do so if it's your only option. Management staff discriminate when it comes to advancement and employees are underpaid and overworked.
Cashier
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 18, 2018
Management had the backbone to handle customers, worked with my school schedule, and pay was reasonable for a cashier position. Upper management decisions typically had little to no impact on entry levels roles other than when they expanded the beauty department. All-in-all was not a bad place to work.
Pros
Work/life balance
Safety
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2018
Unsafe place to work because we don’t have security and the company care more about money then employees and I feel like I do my best do multi skills and work hard and I don’t get recognized
Cons
Short breaks
It was alright
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  High Ridge, MOMay 18, 2018
Doesn't really matter what your job is you will end up doing pretty much everything in the store in all the departments. Good job if you can get promoted early otherwise the pay isn't great.
ok place
Customer Service Rep/Pharmacy tech in training (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 17, 2018
Enjoyed the people and working in the store but the pharmacy was not for me and I really needed more hours. Wouldn't mind working their again.........
Productive and fun work place
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 17, 2018
A very good place to work. Staff is good. Team work is excellent at Walgreens. Specially, I like to communicate with costumers and patients. The counseling and consultation part of the job at Walgreens is really great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.8K