Walgreens Employee Reviews

Pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAFebruary 13, 2018
The pay is not fair for all the work you do and the stress you are put under. I have worked here for a year and the only thing that keeps me here are their benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Great company
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEFebruary 13, 2018
They are very friendly and well organized always come up with new solutions and different ways to do things that can help our company i highly recommend them to anyone .
it is a job
Rx filling/RX insurance/cashier/customer service (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CA 91324February 13, 2018
it is a job, but the people you work there is pleasant. Man i dont want to type anymore...only 98 more characters to go.........so you will see alot of periods...........
Pros
i got a job
Cons
store managers can be ..insert favorite explitive
Corporate sucks
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Corporate doesn't care about employees and makes more and more policies to follow which severely slows down productivity but wants increased production with less help.
Good pace store with friendly coworkers and management
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
The management is great and the coworkers are always willing to help. The workflow is stead with enough help. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed.
Great company to work for
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
I completed an internship through Walgreens. I worked 40 hours a week with no pay to complete my pharmacy technician program and I absolutely loved it. All of the pharmacist were extremely supportive and informative and I still use them as references to this day. Almost all of the employees that worked there had been there for years and the company cared about their employees. I greatly appreciated the experience and them giving me the opportunity to complete my program through them. I never heard any other employees complain about pay or their schedule.
very relaxed
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 12, 2018
It's a retail job, so there are no holidays off and the work hours fluctuate. They work with the employees schedules. There are very little raises and management positions can be stressful.
Great summer job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAFebruary 12, 2018
I worked there in the summer after my senior year of high school. Liked it because I knew someone I worked with and we were very productive together. Mangers were nice.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Pay
productive and stressful
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 12, 2018
A typical work day is very busy because as a staff pharmacist sometimes if the pharmacy technician is running late the pharmacist will have to run the drive true register and fill prescription. That was before store managers were trained to be technicians I guess with the days you are trained on the computer before working in the store, helps you get ready for challenges and emergency situations. Good benefits.
Pros
Good benefit pakage 401k
Cons
Difficult for the pharmacist to take lunch in a busy store
Great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJFebruary 12, 2018
At Walgreens I was able to step out my shell . Because I had to do things I’ve never done in sales ... which also help boost my confidante . Love the customers and the experience I gained .
Pros
Experience .. customers
Cons
Stood on my feet to long ... affected my health .. short breaks

Want to know more about Walgreens?

Ask a question
Pharmacy Dept.
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 12, 2018
NO breaks. 30 minutes lunch. Stressful. Management does not back up employees. Workflow is not as good as it should be. Customers have attitudes as soon as you say may I help you. But I like helping when I can.
Pros
Help others
Cons
No breaks. Benefits are getting worst.
A typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 12, 2018
Put back items from the front left by customers.
Ring and bag customers items.
Thank them for shopping with Walgreens.
Handle customer concerns including rewards system, a returned item or a switched item.
Face shelves when not busy. I would recommend the job if the person can stand on there feet all day. It has a lot of down time.
Pros
An hour lunch off the clock and two fifteen minute breaks on the clock
Cons
Long periods standing on your feet
My pace, my race
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2018
It is so important for a team to work TOGETHER and exemplify what it means to be PURPOSE-DRIVEN. I found there to be more selfishness amongst management and team members which led to conflicts. Communication is essential in the development of the company. Hierarchy is exaggerated when the behaviors and capabilities are unaligned. I worked as if I was 5 people and when I needed help it wasn’t offered freely. I need to be supported with my ideas and vision whether I cashier or manage. I believe in caring, inspiring, and working together.
Pros
Frontier
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Workplace
Floor Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 12, 2018
Great place to work, depending on the store. Sometimes you're needed in 3 places at once and there is only one of you. Granted that comes with retail, but consistently not having enough management on hand becomes extremely stressful. I did love the people I worked with, the pay was nice, and benefits were nice as well.
costumer service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 12, 2018
I loved working with the staff and the managers. it was a pure joy to allowed to do what I did. the staff was great and I worked the night shift and was never bored
Not bad not my life long calling
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 12, 2018
It is a decent job, as a Pharm tech you learn a lot and you are trained pretty well but it's very stressful and sometimes easy to get caught in the madness. I also hate that you can get written up for almost everything you do there. Kind of annoying.
Awful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 12, 2018
Moving along within the company takes years and your bonus is $1.50. this job is not a career, it's a job you get while you're in high school. They take advantage of your gender and age, and as a 19 year old well built man I was stuck with dirty, heavy jobs no one else wants to do. Sexism is a large role as well in what the will assign you to do
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Boss' taking advantage of you
Rewarding
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beaverton Oregon and Georgetown TexasFebruary 12, 2018
Working at Walgreens has shown me I am capable of creating a strong culture with customers, employees and mangers. I have been lucky to serve the same community of shoppers for three plus years.I learned most importantly from them, that being reliable, a try-hard and genuinely happy every time they came in making miscellaneous trips to their corner store, meant much more to them than I even imagined.
Pros
Understanding people more
Cons
I love serving people but the pay is never sustainable in this field
Easy slow paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2018
It was a easy slow paced and repetitive workplace but management was great on giving task to everyone and telling everyone how it needs to be done and right.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Short breaks no healthcare
good workplace
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2018
nice company to work for
wonderful co workers
excellent pay
good benefits
good learning and growing experiences
continuosly educating
good environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.2K