Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 25,767 reviews matching the search See all 25,771 reviews
Hated working here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Saraland alNovember 8, 2018
Very rude people pushed work on u when there very short time do not know how to talk to people at all.... if your not buddies with the pharmacist they don't like u
Company going in the wrong direction; need to stop slashing tech hours
rph (Current Employee) –  floridaNovember 7, 2018
We are always understaffed to the point where the store cannot properly function and effectively assist customers/patients. Management has little control over the budget hours and hours are constantly being cut. Management is expected to pick up the slack and use their free time to get things done. Pharmacists are completely overloaded with tasks with little to no tech help and this situation is getting worse and worse at the years progress. Seasonal locations get little to no respect with regard to budget hours and it's virtually impossible to hire effective pharmacy employees in time to prepare for the snowbird season. Customer complaints get handed right to the pharmacy manager, when the issues stem from higher up in the corporate cascade. Bonuses for management have been slashed to virtually nothing, providing no incentive for managers to put in extra work. Benefits and hours are just okay. Company overall is going in the wrong direction. They need to be putting people back in the stores, rather than cutting them. Customers are needy and are easily frustrated when they can't find anyone to help. I oftentimes walk into a store to find no cashier at the register.
Pros
Friendly work environment, locations on every block
Cons
understaffed, budget hours are ridiculous
Hitting targets is a must
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 7, 2018
Help customers from front end to pharmacy. Walgreens really pushes NPS and making sure the customer leaves happy. However with that said they are pretty tough when you do not hit targets.
an amazing team members who are always ready to help and solve problems.
DH (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2018
I learnt that sometimes just smiling at a customer can complete their days and gives a positive feedback because you never know what the person is going through.
Not trained properly
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2018
I don't feel like I was trained properly add when I asked for I was put down and told I didn't ask enough questions. I got looked down upon for helping customers and making their day
Depends on the people you work with
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 7, 2018
My Walgreen's Pharmacy was a very lively , team oriented environment who actually cared for the patients and would go above and beyond for them. Our staff was known for always fixing issues and being that go to pharmacy in the Katy area. Yes, this pharmacy was busy so we had a lot of complaints from impatient people, however we met the needs of each customer or directed them into the right directions at the end of the day. We were so team oriented and family close that new management tore a lot apart and our pharmacy just become a task we had to do and less enjoyable. Everything depends on the people you work with. Other Walgreen Pharmacy's are different.
if only
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 6 years now and when I first started I was so happy. Everything ran smoothly and I had no complaints. They have changed so much that the store is falling apart and I'm afraid for the business because of this. Management is all over. The turnover rate is horrible. Unfortunately this is where I now have to make the decision to do what is best for me and my Career. The most enjoyable part is working for the customers and meeting special people who will forever touch your life in some way and vice versa. When you have a great team of workers this also makes you never want to leave no matter how hard it may get, but there comes a point when you say enough is enough and chase your dreams where a company is expanding and growing and you can be apart of a team not a company that works against each other and management is all over. One thing I can say is I'm grateful for how much I've learned throughout trainings and self taught hard work in order to train staff to have a better team.
Pros
customers
Cons
never get a lunch break
Competitve
Assistant Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHNovember 7, 2018
cut throat high competitive corporate run. Work long shifts they select location you work. High goals to meet. strict structure to follow for work goals.
not a great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILNovember 7, 2018
the pay is horrendous, staffing and hours are worse. Capped Salaries that dont even compete with starting salaries at other jobs. Management is lackluster at best. Nobody knows how to move the company forward, only backwords in its progression. Equipment is horrible all around, constantly breaking on a daily basis with no resolution in sight on basic necessities, i.e printers.
Pros
its a job that pays something
Cons
everything else
Fast paced, never have time to sit down
internship (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 7, 2018
There is always something to do , unfortunately I was only a intern as a Pharmacy technician ,but the people there made me feel really comfortable and helped me when ever I asked , thank you ladies for that amazing time even though it was cut short.
Flexible working environment
Travel Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 7, 2018
Walgreens is a happy place to work and most offer flexible schedules and insurance. I was able to move back and forth between different stores and keep my job during college, which was very helpful for me.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Csr
CSR (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXNovember 7, 2018
Great amazing work experience wish there were more hours for employees. ...............................
The managers always worked with you and accomodate to your schedule
Walgeens
Sells Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2018
I liked working there. it was a great summer job. I was working there full-time and the pay was good. I learned a lot at Walgreens, such as how to deal with customers.
Productive and efficient staff
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 7, 2018
Fill about 200 to 300 prescriptions per day. The most difficult thing about being a pharmacy tech is dealing with the insurance and most enjoyable is being able to work with patients.
Fun but word out
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 7, 2018
Only in America can you get screwed over. They will take you and put you to a level and can’t even comprehend. It’s something you have to know before you go.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Wife gets 60 min luch
Good entry level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
Managers and staff are really nice. You do have to deal with theft, sometimes daily. You learn new skills and meet really nice people. the managers where approachable, but not all.
Does not care about their employees
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 6, 2018
You can die and they won’t care, they will replace you and keep it moving. They do not care about you or your health. 3 sick days and you are gone. Don’t try to advance in the company, it will never happen.
They will keep their horribleemployees who do everything half way over the ones who work hard and are good. Don’t waste your time.
Pros
Hahahaha
Cons
Ummmm. It’s walgreens.
Great place to work fun,friendly,and organized place to work
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXNovember 6, 2018
Right when i come in most the time my co-worker is at the register and i begin to face the shelves making sure tags match the product and what we need to stock. If were low of product on the floor and in the stockroom make sure we take note for inventory use. I have learned to remodel sections and reset areas asked of me in a good timely manner. Keep clean and always organized and make sure we have memorized the product and the isle it belongs on to assist customers in a fast and excellent manner. When new product comes in make sure you familiarize yourself with thdsfjljfdsljsdfl
A good place to work
Photo Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 6, 2018
they are laid back, the hours are flexible, as long as you do your job and do it well it is an amazing place to work. Most employees are nice and you have chances to advance
productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 6, 2018
Great place to work when getting on your feet. nice enviornment managers are cool and work with you for hours needed to work. friendly team.great place to work
Pros
great hours
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.4K