Walgreens Employee Reviews

entry level
Cashier/Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Aubrey, TXOctober 10, 2018
I understand you guys need data but you really need to include and opt out option. We don't all want to take trips down memory lane or else would be on here.
Greedy corporation, does not care about employees
Pharmacy Technician, PTCB Certified (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
I have learned a lot during the almost 5 years at this company, but every year this company goes further down the drain. Does not have good management. Management acts like they own company. Do not want to promote or compensate employees, so in return good employees leave the company. No incentive to stay. Gets greedier every year. Cuts budget and hours for employees, yet wants employees to do more work with less hours and time to finish. Focuses too much on measures, instead of patient care. Overall not a good company to work for. Not worth someones time and effort. If I could give zero stars, I would.
Good company to work for they just need to pay a little more money
General Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32809October 10, 2018
Very excellent company to work for but they need to pay a little bit more money from upper management to supervisors to group supervisors are very outgoing makes sure you play it by the books very knowledgeable as to the operations and willing to take the time out to train you right to become successful and get the best out of you
Pros
Get gifts card every 3 month $50
Cons
20 minutes for break not enough
Management plays favorites.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIOctober 10, 2018
Management played favorites. If they want to get rid of you, they accuse you of doing something or not doing something so they don't have to give you unemployment after working for them for almost 10 years.
Pros
Helping customers. Having potlucks on holidays.
Cons
Poor Management
i love this place
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maricopa County, AZOctober 10, 2018
this place was amazing it was one of the best occupations i had it allowed me to grow as a person and a worker i would refer working here to friends and family
Pros
i love this place
Cons
i love this place
great training
PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 10, 2018
great training, well trained staff and support personnel, meetings for training purposes, well managed, great computer system, great counseling area for patient privacy
Worst company I have ever worked for
CSA (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 10, 2018
The entire time I have been at Walgreens I have been going to school. I have never worked for a company more unwilling to let people educate themselves. While yes, they did work with my schedule, once I got near graduating the store manager started trying to change my schedule, and generally make my life as miserable as possible. Never, ever work for Walgreens. I can not stress that enough. They don't pay enough, and are open every single day of the year, including Christmas. It is rough.
Fun loving environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NYOctober 10, 2018
It felt like a family to work there. I honestly miss it sometimes. When I left the got me a goodbye cake.holidays we did secret Santa. Birthdays we did surprises. We dressed up in Halloween m. It was fun and loving
Good balance within
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 10, 2018
The Walgreen Company is an good place that operates as the second-home to a great work life balance in each United States based store. Trying to better wages and work hours is always a priority. It goes into filling prescriptions, health and wellness products with customers and managers sometimes getting antsy over human omissions like one person on five customers at once. Learning about ones self comes afterwards.
horrible place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 10, 2018
poor management, horrible place to work, pay is low, customers are rude, walgreens tried to make me work on Saturdays knowing that i can't in that day because it is against my religion
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fine for retail
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHOctober 10, 2018
As far as retailers go it's not bad. Pay isn't great but benefits are pretty good for full time employees. The company focus on 'new management style' is nothing but a time consuming gambit to try to put extra responsibility on part time employees in reference to company performance.
Pros
Decent benefits, employee discount.
Cons
Constantly changing schedule.
Good stable job
Front cashier (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TN 37067October 10, 2018
I have worked for Walgreen's for over 3 years. Most managers are great. As with any other job, some managers are harder to work with. It's pretty easy to change stores for driving convenience.
Pros
discounts, Pto, Insurance
Cons
Dealing with the public can get stressful.
Team work is a key player
Shift Manager / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAOctober 10, 2018
The staff at Walgreen's work together efficiently to make sure that the job is completed. All employees work together to provide good customer service.
Productive and fun workplace
Scanning Operator (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 10, 2018
I really enjoyed the staff there. They really made me feel like part of the Walgreens family and they showed much love to you and made hou feel at home.
Expectations
Customer Service- DH (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 10, 2018
They really ask a lot for little pay. They are sending me to school so I am blessed but cost of living is going up and so are my bills. I do appreciate my job. But sometimes I feel like I go above and beyond and I still don’t get recognition.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Time consuming
Great Company
Store Team Lead/ Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 10, 2018
Great people, Great company. Very easy going fast paced. Employees take pride in their jobs so they are always willing to help and direct customers. Pharmacy is a little under staffed though.
Pros
Advancement oppurtunities
Abusive and uncaring company
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKOctober 9, 2018
I'm going to make this short and sweet. I've been in the beauty business for over 20 years and this is absolutely the WORST company I have ever worked for. Horrible pay..horrible management at store and upper levels. Could care less about their employees and unethical business practices. DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Abusive managers and customers. Just run. They cut hours while other companys are giving raises. You will be better off somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
too many to name
Training new employees they gave me a great opportunity!
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOOctober 9, 2018
To obtain an entry level position within your company that will allow me to utilize my skills and personable character, with the opportunity to be promoted to a position of leadership and or managerial status,
Pros
Great job with alot of honesty love and respect
Cons
Where we help people get live and stay well!
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 9, 2018
Walgreens has been a great place to work and a good working experience. The district managers and store managers have been very helpful for transition into Walgreens.
Customer service is first
Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 9, 2018
I am the customer service ambassador I pride myself on providing great service to everyone whom walks in the door. I have created a family friendly environment that clients and customers have trusted me to come back to me over the years for whatever they need.
Pros
great health insurance and benefits
Cons
dont get sick and need surgery or out for long they will replace you quickly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K