Walgreens Employee Reviews

Ambiente de trabajo muy profesional
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, Puerto RicoDecember 12, 2017
Para mí fue una experiencia enriquecedora, no tan solo en lo laboral sino también en lo personal.
Pros
Seguro médico, profit sharing plan, 402K, compra de acciones
This job had great balance.
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 12, 2017
Fair environment to work in. Managers were fair and friendly. Most of the regular customers were pleasant and job duties weren’t stressful but demanding.
not fun
Sales Support Representive (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LADecember 12, 2017
I hated that place, my phone was stolen from me and it was on camera , cops were called but my boss didn't do anything about it. never fired the guy, the guy quit.
Pros
had other good employees
Cons
bad boss
Corporate Culture is outdated
Corporate Regional Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 12, 2017
Corporate is located in Chicago with offices across the United States. The Regional Leadership is great to work with but the coordination and support of software to support job expectations is limited at best.
Busy workplace
Cashier/Customer Service/Retail (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WADecember 12, 2017
I rang up customers' purchases. Helped customers find merchandise. Answered general questions. Stocked cigarettes, alcohol and candy. I learned that retail employees often don't get the recognition they deserve from customers or employers. The hardest part of the job was the varied schedule and working holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping, talking to and seeing customers regularly.
Okay company to work for
Assistant Store Manager ASM (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXDecember 12, 2017
Ive been in retail for 17 years, ready to find a job with more stability. Never had a set schedule and retail sometimes can be more than a little overwhelming which I am okay with, I have been doing it for years.
Good Place to Work
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 12, 2017
I start my day making doctor calls and typing prescriptions. I then move on to assisting the pharmacist with filling persciptions and assisting customers.
Packaging and Forklift
Side-by-side Team Member Packaging (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INDecember 12, 2017
We did a lot of packaging and driving forklifts. That job was fast past the only problem is they didn't pay enough and there was no where to grow or get promotions.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Didnt pay enough
Very fun Community Rotation experience!
Weslaco Walgreens Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXDecember 12, 2017
I learned a lot in my short 172 hour rotation time. I wish that I could continue, but I had reached the end of my rotation hours.

I will definitely apply as soon as an opening is available.
Pros
Great staff and a friendly environment
Cons
Can get a little hectic during rush hours
Typical day job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXDecember 12, 2017
Typical part time job for students. Did not really expect much from the job due to the fact that it was only temporary. Walgreens is really flexible with everyone schedule.
Work Day
Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 12, 2017
Day usually goes by fast, always having something to do and very productive.The management is pretty decent, usually very easy going good at giving directions.
productive
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 12, 2017
working at this company set all employees to career path, i like their continues training programs which keep you up to date with current changes in the healthcare field.
Pros
career path
Cons
short break
enjoyed but wasn't my interest
Poughkeepsie - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 12, 2017
I just was not interested in the retail field and would rather do something more on my feet, as I enjoy fitness, wellness, and the restaurant industry as well.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not much
kinda mad they making me do these reviews
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2017
Its freaking walgreens. I worked here when i was fresh outta high school i think. It was a nice location, my boss was a fair guy and my supervisors were cool as well. All in all it was a great experience.
Poor Management
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 12, 2017
Ther Store managers and higher positions do not care about employees of their work life balance if it requires them to do a little extra work. They treat employees unfairly and make them feel unimportant.
Disapointment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
I'm not trying to talk bad about this company but the experience that I have had honestly isn't good. I wasn't trained properly to be a pharmacy tech and they weren't even paying me what I was promised. I had relocated from California to Chicago and the min wage is different. They were paying me California min wage, and since I was a tech not a cashier the pay is suppose to be higher as well. Mine was not though.
Working for Walgreens in California was actually pretty good but Chicago it has been nothing but a nightmare. But I left Walgreens for personal reason's and a family matter.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Underpaid, not properly trained (Pharmacy Tech), Rude, Over worked
Walgreens is a great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNDecember 12, 2017
I loved working at Walgreens. I learned so much in the short time I was there. The management was great they were always so helpful and supportive. The hardest part of the job was leaving. the most enjoyable part of the job was that it was always fast paced.
Pros
we picked our breaks
Pharmacy Tech
Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 12, 2017
Loved the job. Worked with patients and pharmacist. Entered prescriptions into computer and worked with Insurance discrepancies. Filled the prescriptions with the right medication & labeled bottles. When a problem with the insurance arises, call the insurance company to get the problem fixed. Assist the pharmacist in any situation they need. Most enjoyable part of the job was my hours, the hardest part of my job was learning all the insurances & their policies.
Pros
Great break times & shifts
Cons
Working with the insurances
Not long term
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
I just want to apply not review, do waste your time if u like being happy and free. Customer are crazy and Walgreens systems are outdated and fossils.
Cons
no the place to lay down roots.
Customer Service/Retail (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2017
no don't do it reconsider. more about making pockets happy and healthy rather than making customers and employees happy and healthy. No value on employee satisfaction in regards to scheduling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.