Walgreens Employee Reviews

Greatful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 15, 2018
I really needed a job at that momment and they gave me a chance

If you remain a positive attitude the job is very easy and a good way to pass the day
Company is ok
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
This company isn't the worst out there but they definitely do not care about their employees. It is a high stress, low reward environment with limited job growth potential.
It was ok place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 15, 2018
There was no room for real advancement and there was a lot of favortism going on, the bosses son worked there and he got away with murder, he'd be sleeping on the job, on his cell playing games etc with no reprecussions but single moms were hassled for having their cell phones on their desks
Pros
salary was good
Cons
Favortism
Do not recommend. Not a good experience.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  EscanabaOctober 15, 2018
A great place to work for at first and after time you see major favortism and adult workers thrived on gossiping. Schedules are always changed and your whole shift and schedules can change last minute with no explanation. Over all poor managment skills and lack of communication. Store manager has no real respect in general! Judges without personally know all the employees that are working there also even customers that come in are falsely judged and has no apperciation as seeing employees as primary asset. That's why they come and go because they put in the hard work and realize how bad it is with all of the above and plus some. I would recommend to not put forth the time on this specific location. Also not all Walgreens locations are like this but this store is!
Pros
The Customers, fast paced during weekdays, discounts
Cons
Poor communication, constant schedule changes, understaffed from unrealible workers
Wouldn't go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 15, 2018
The discount was really good, and I met some coworkers who I still talk to you, but the job is not right for somebody with a full college schedule. They trick you into thinking that you will get promoted sooner if you work on the graveyard crew, but then they promote the people on days.
Pros
discount
Cons
receiving freight
Corporate mismanagement increasingly making life harder on store level employees
Associate (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 15, 2018
Not recommended unless desperate for a meager paycheck. Co-workers and store management are great, corporate dictates are making life worse and worse every year.
Pros
Excellent Prescription Drug Benefits
Cons
Poor pay, company constantly decreasing available hours and benefits, making life miserable.
No career advancement or promotions
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 14, 2018
Been trying to get the Senior Technician status for some time now and it had not yet happened. Walgreens does not compensate me for training, although I am training other employees.
Pros
Have a job
Cons
No career advancement
I have a strong work ethic and I felt the employees didn't take their jobs as serious.
Sales/Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 14, 2018
I enjoyed my position in cosmetics my main goal was sales and customer service; it was a small store and on average I still at least 85% met my sales goal every day of $2000.
Great place to get basic experience at the pharmacy setting
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 14, 2018
It might be my store that doesn’t provide you with the enough training and the assistant manager won’t ever look out for her employees. In fact, she only goes to work to get her paycheck, meaning that I would never see her doing anything productive when the boss is not around. But, besides that, I think what I like the most was how flexible they were with the hours.
Pros
Good to get some experience.
Cons
Pay rates are low and not many opportunities to growth.
No appreciation for loyalty
Sims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 14, 2018
Walgreens has consistently chosen to deny my request for a different more suited position in the company for no other reason then it would be difficult to hire and train someone to replace me. They did this even though on all my evaluation I i have received exceeds expectations marks. They fail to staff their stores to meet the needs of the store.
very good workplace with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 14, 2018
there is always a task to do which is extremely helpful because i like to be busy. more organized environment and very reliable co-workers. customers are typically satisfied with their experience and regularly visit the store
Pros
Good job
Cons
Everyone at my store had a heart.
Photography Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 14, 2018
I've heard negative things varying from store to store, but my store was a family. Everyone involved was willing and able to help with your workload. The workspace culture was awesome, hardly ever was I feeling like I wanted to work somewhere else. The job required in most intro positions is very easy. This wasn't a high paying job by any means, but it wasn't a difficult job either. It was an absolute pleasure to work in the Walgreens family.
No compensation for long time workers
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2018
Taking away PTO hours from employees who have worked for more than 15 years is a true slap in the face.
No raises have been given for the last 3 years.
Continually cutting technician hours in order to save money puts a real strain on those Pharmacists who are left alone to work on weekends.
Pros
Cons
Corporate is more concerned about making money than it is their employees
Good Company to Start at
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOOctober 14, 2018
The thing I liked most about working at Walgreens is you could get your foot into the door of medicine without any preliminary training because they train on the job and pay for pharmacy technician certification. However, the pay is not fantastic and most often the pharmacy is short staffed, so it is pretty fast-paced work. If someone is planning on being a pharmacy technician for the rest of their life I would suggest hospital pharmacies because of the pay increase and you don't have to deal with the customer service aspect.
Pros
No preliminary training needed
Cons
short breaks, hard work, salary
Relaxed
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILOctober 14, 2018
Walgreens is a very relaxed workplace that allows you to have some fun while working but still get work done. Managers and higher ups are very nice and talk to you.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 14, 2018
The friends I've made over the years here have really made my time here worthwhile. I have been lucky to be able to work my way up from cashier to assistant store manager while remaining at the same location.
Pros
Discount, insurance, 401K
Cons
Safety
enjoyed retail overall
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 14, 2018
I liked the work at the retail pharmacy. I loved the computer system. The technicians were sometimes unreliable. The manager did not want to be a manager. I also needed more flexibility since I had small children at the time. I rarely got lunches or breaks.
Pros
computer system
Cons
no lunches or breaks, staffing issues
Terrible work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 14, 2018
The managers took advantage of the student workers scheduling them during times they were unavailable because of class and made it their responsibility to find coverage. Adult workers were childish and thrived off gossip. Was told during a review that I did my job perfectly but got an average score because I didn’t socialize with coworkers throughout my shifts.
Worst place of employment in history
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALOctober 14, 2018
By far the worst employer I have ever worked for. The “training” is a joke and you are expected to know how to do everything correctly from day one and there is no one there to assist you if you have questions. I would never recommend this god forsaken place to anyone. My pharmacy technician skills were wasted at this place and no one around me knew anything compared to what us LEGITIMATE pharmacy technicians do. God awful place.
Its a good first job
Designated Hitter (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 13, 2018
This was my first job and it honestly wasn't bad as a first job, but definitely not something I'd want long term. The management system is pretty relaxed and the job is easy to learn and perform, but they don't pay much more than they have to and even being with the company for 3 years and working in a position with higher pay than entry level, I am still not payed a livable wage for the area I am in. Store level management is always helpful and kind, but corporate doesn't care about you or your customers.
Pros
Easy job with good people
Cons
Wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.4K