Walgreens Employee Reviews

productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
The company is great, if you're looking for mediocre and steady income, if you are a person who is afraid to grow outside of retail then this job is primarily for you,
Pros
flexible schedules, promotional opportunities
Cons
sucky pay
Pretty good work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 17, 2018
Walgreens is a company that is dedicated to serving customers and employees with the care they need. The amount of work you put in determines your pay.
Cashier job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 17, 2018
This particular store seemed disorganized and understaffed. Co-workers and management were friendly and professional but scheduling is inflexible. Good full time cashier job for a college student with no kids.
Pros
great staff
Cons
inflexible schedule
Assistant Manager Trainee
ASSISTANT MANAGER TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2018
As a trainee coming outside of the company, I did not know requirement that you have to have a pharmacy certified license to become a store manager. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with your team members and assisting our customers.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Staffing hours
Fun place.
Beauty Advisor/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
I’ve had worked at Walgreens for 4 years. It was my first job and I loved it. I didn’t have much complains about it. The only thing was working holidays.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Working holidays
its ok but the management makes the job harder than it has to be
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
it's an ok job. the customers make the job ten times harder. your work is rarely appreciated. they expect you to be fine with changes that you weren't aware of.
Pros
easy to learn
Cons
managers demand too much
an efficient place for work and advancements
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2018
There is always room for advancement and support in promotions, it is a lot of hard work and it takes a lot of dedication to get there.
they do offer tuition reimbursement primarily for the pharmacist and pharm techs
Pros
Promotions are always available
Cons
Its a lot of work to get there
decent enough
Shift Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FL 33440July 17, 2018
Loved working for them I worked there for two years. My store manager was AMAZING. I learned a lot. I was able to receive my license for pharmacy tech as a shift lead.
Benefits
Cons
No life/work balance, unable to move up without a degree
Productive and beneficial work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 17, 2018
A day on the job could be breath warming and joyful because if the atmosphere, I learned to grow with the company with help from other employees we were like a family. I loved my manger he was so respectful and caring of our needs . A loving ,peaceful ,positive place . The hardest part of my job was stocking shelves while being on a time limit , I enjoyed being around my coworkers and helping assist customers
customer service
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJuly 17, 2018
I liked working there. Employers are very supportive and help train employees. I like the flexibility for student workers. I learned a lot while working at Walgreens.
Pros
working with people
Cons
not enough hours to work
Varies greatly depending on location
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJuly 17, 2018
Your work environment can vary greatly depending on what store you work at or if you work at the district/corporate offices. There is opportunity for advancement on the store side, but not much on the pharmacy side as there are only technician/senior technician and pharmacist/pharmacy manager positions. There are a lot of corporate initiatives that you have to deal with that usually don't seem to get much accomplished. Relative to other retailers it is an okay place to work but definitely not great.
Pros
Good 401k/retirement benefits
Cons
Too many corporate programs lose
Good starting job
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2018
Good company. Easy to advance to middle management. Very hard to get to upper management. Very strict on rules. Very easy to get a write up over very small issues.
It was a wonderful experience
Designated Hitter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2018
It is a wonderful company to work with room for advancement, the employees are all pleasant and warming. They do alot of charity as well as you stay busy all of the time. They provide great benefits and treat their employeess well.
great work place. loved it
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Walgreen as a photo specialist it was a great success i enjoyed meeting and greeting people. I found that it was a great environment to work for.
Supportive Working Environment
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 17, 2018
As pharmacy manager, I have meeting with my store manager at least once a week, and meeting with my staff members at least 2-3 times per week. This creates great opportunities for me to know about the company incentives, business, metrics, how my pharmacy is performing, and know more about my staff members. This helps me create good connection with my team members and support them in every way so that they come to work everyday with their highest energy.
Very Happy working here
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJuly 17, 2018
Walgreens is a very great place to work, I enjoyed working there and would work there again. The training program is very detailed and staff involvement is amazing.
Easy place to work
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 17, 2018
Walgreens was a great place to work! I loved interacting with the customers and making sure all their needs were met. The staff was friendly & knowlegable.
Stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 17, 2018
Walgreens used to be a great place to work. The best thing about it now are some of the employees you meet. The customers are also another good thing about it. They focus on numbers and pushing certain things are ridiculous. They handicap employees with low budget so they can save money and tell them to provide extraordinary customer care.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Favoritism, no social life, and ridicolous rhings like frontier.
Management is a joke
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 17, 2018
The store manager knew nothing of his employees or his store , he ran the store with this "high horse" mind set . He made his own rules and drove people out with his nasty attitude. The other managers fought to make the employees happy only for him to turn around and tear them down. The store strived on the customer service the employees gave, but you can only do so much when the team is unhappy
Pros
Great team effort
Cons
Pay, hours, Pto, staffing hours
Great environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 16, 2018
Friendly Staff
Interesting training program
Good learning environment
Timely training program
Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers
Pros
learn alot
Cons
rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K