Walgreens Employee Reviews

Great work enviornment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2017
My time that I spent at Walgreens I would say was enjoyable nevertheless. I enjoyed working with a team and also helping customers out on a day to day basis. I would often restock shelves, coolers, and work the cash register as well. I would recommend this job to anyone, great experience within the little time that I was there.
Pros
Employee discounts.
Great
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 14, 2017
Great company to work for as the General Store Manager was very hands-on and goal-oriented. The store was well kept and maintained a very clean and aesthetic environment.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, MSDecember 14, 2017
I don't have anything bad to say about working for Walgreens. My experience working there is one that I wish I still had. The "team" including management was great. We had our bad times but everyone was nice.
Typical retail
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 14, 2017
Managers that are good at their interpersonal skills get looked over, management is so competitive they will use people to get ahead. No appreciation for jobs well done, no proper training yet the expectation is there.
Great Family Team
Licensed Agent Pharmacy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLDecember 14, 2017
The best work employer up to now I ever had is Walgreens and I'm really happy for the time I had with that great company witch I can call as my family for all the experiences lives over.
The hours are consistent
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILDecember 13, 2017
Unlike my review of BBW, Walgreens was more agreeable in terms of hours. If you're scheduled til 11pm, you leave at 11. The work isn't hard to do either.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
N/a
Walgreens is a very stressful place to work at especially at my current store which fills upwards of 300 prescriptions daily. It’s very demanding
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
Walgreens is a very stressful place to work for especially at a very busy store. Many demands and metrics are monitored and needs to be met. Corporate does not understand firsthand of what goes on at store level and constantly have hours cut when it’s needed most.
Pros
Employee discounts of items at the store
Cons
Limited tech hours, not great healthcare benefits
Stressful
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXDecember 13, 2017
They your opinion count. Your opinion do not count the rate is too high. One minute late your an hour late. 20 min. Break starts when the call for break your late after no minute. You can’t leave the building
Pros
Really no pros but pay
Cons
Everyone makes the same amount at 5 years
Best job of my life
Designated Hitter (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 13, 2017
Great management and co-workers. I love coming into work everyday. I am treated very good. It is sometimes fast paced but not too bad. The pay is lacking for my position. Other stores pay more for basic positions. Put hard work in and you will succeed. My hours have become consistent but starting off I had hours all over the place. I am happy to call Walgreens my 2nd home.
Pros
Awesome management, recognition
Cons
Low pay
competitive work place
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 13, 2017
stressful work environment. fast paced, lack of management, there's room for grow just extremely hard to achieve. management isn't attentive to employees
Work
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2017
It was work. It was stressful and all guidance was handed top-down to stores with no potential for variance. It seems as if your opinion or stress of work didn't matter
Cut-throat workplace, good if you have a good manager.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 13, 2017
The company has changed drastically since they merged globally and then bought rite-aid. I loved this company but it isn't the same. Work was stressful, long, never-ending, and also typically fun. Management was, on average, good.
Pros
Employee discount, good dental and vision insurance
Cons
Forced holiday work, low PTO accrual
Great Place!
Photo Lab Technician | Associate | Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 13, 2017
I loved working here but after awhile I had to upgrade to something better for my college major. The only bad thing is when your the manager tells you to create shelves or work on a project for some holiday coming up. Overall, great place to start off at.
Pros
Lunch breaks; Candy Sales go to Your Paycheck
Cons
Consolidating Space for Products
fun job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXDecember 13, 2017
When i work for this company it was a good experience to me ...I learn a lot about beauty department when i was work there...i receive a lot a good comment about my job...
Pros
good company
Cons
bad managment
What did I get myself into
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 13, 2017
Depending on the location (this location is the worse!!) Every 6 months to a year new management is being placed in the store. Not enough training and focusing on the employees that work there. Hours are always being cut.
Poor management that refuses to apply store policy fairly to all employees
Cashier/Photo Tech (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 13, 2017
Those in management roles did not take their jobs seriously and, in some instances, openly engaged in preferential treatment and thinly veiled nepotism.
Pros
Exposed to cutting-edge technology and fair pay
Cons
Toxic work environment/racist employees
Productive Work Environment
Certified/Registered Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 13, 2017
Great environment to meet new people and apply customer service skills. Fast paced environment that requires ability to learn quickly and adapt to all work environments. Customer service skills are important when working at Walgreens. Plenty of training on how to properly achieve tasks in Walgreens and to sufficiently do a job.
on the go from the minute you logged in for you shift
Relay Driver (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 13, 2017
Easy part of my day was driving from point a to point b and back.
Tough part was all the extra work while at the DC that we really didn't get paid fairly for.
Management didn't really want to resolve safety concerns that were presented to them regularly.
Other than those things, my co-workers were great to be around.
Always had well maintained equipment.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
poor safety management
big company talks about moving quickly but moves slowly
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2017
Walgreens is a large company totally invested in brick and mortar retail. They talk about moving quickly but real decisions take a long time and go up and down the hierarchy more than once to gain final approval. They do not embrace real change and are playing catch up. They are making money due to their broad footprint stores. Time will tell how they make it in a world where digital shopping is becoming king.
Pros
history, back end pharmacy locations that help drive front end volume, lots of locations
Cons
slower to move than they talk about moving, very hierarchical
Awful place to work.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 13, 2017
This company does not believe in work-life balance.
Employees are treated as disposable drones, and expected to work at any time, on any day.
It is not unusual to be switched from morning to night shift and back again to morning in a single week.
This treatment takes a toll on physical and mental health, counter to the company's current slogan of helping people be "happy and healthy."
Of course, this slogan is just words, after all. They still sell liquor, cigarettes, and primarily junk food.
Nothing the company does is actually geared toward improving the livelihood of their employees, or their customers.
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.