Walgreens Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
I've had the pleasure to work at two different stores with wonderful people and some customers as well. I truly wish I didn't have to leave either store but I've made friends for life.
Pros
Good managers, flexibilty, and good benefits.
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Paced and Positive Customer Care
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Summerfield, NCDecember 15, 2017
I love dealing with the public in person or on the phone. I am a very positive person with excellent customer service ability.

I have achieved the honor of employee of the month for 14 months in a row. To achieve employee of the month requires an employee to ask customers to call and take an 8 minute survey for Walgreen's.

I am dependable and honest. I have a very pleasant voice.
Pros
Dealing with Public
Cons
Must work swing schedule.
Great place to work at.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 15, 2017
I miss this job the most, it starts you off with terrific pay, and on top of that they are flexible when it comes to hours. Everyone was kind and cared about each other like a family.
Pros
Discounts! Wonderful coworkers.
Cons
One lazy person but there's someone like that everywhere.
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NY 12065December 15, 2017
Never again will i work for this company. It is absolutely terrible. Unless you find a great manager but other than that. Bad pay, bad managers, they take advantage of you.
okay place
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXDecember 15, 2017
good place, but the pharmacists, like all employees, need a break to eat and relax. the pharmacist to technician ratio can be too high to protect the patients. there needs to be more overlap for the pharmacists - in the pharmacy - not in meetings.
Pros
computer system
Cons
no breaks
Productive ,collaborative and good work environment .
Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CADecember 15, 2017
Was a joy working for walgreens, they have wonderful staff .
The work environment is relaxed but productive .
The customers were wonderful as well.Was a wonderful opportunity!
An Adequate In-Between Job
Senior Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZDecember 15, 2017
Every week your schedule changes so don't expect it to be the same week to week. EVEN IF THEY TELL YOU IT IN THE INTERVIEW. We've had multiple people quit because they couldn't plan vacations with their family.

Expect to work stressful shifts with customers that feel entitled. Expect to be belittled by customers and upper management.

This job in general is a go-between job as you find something else. This is a good first job for someone in their teens to early twenties. However it's not something to have for more than a year, a definitely not to make a career out of.
Pros
Lower Management, other Team Members
Cons
Upper Management not knowing what goes on their own store, Horrible pay for whats expected. Stressful
Good student job
Photography Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 15, 2017
I was a cashier attendant and then I was promoted to photo technician. Glad I worked there to get the experience and have some money in my pocket while I was in school.
Cons
Rude customers
Fun and relaxed workplace
Cashier/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MODecember 15, 2017
Walgreen's is a good company to get into. You can always advance to management positions if you are interested. The workers are always nice. The management is laid back, but always makes sure you do your job. There different job opportunities with this company.
Pros
15-20% off at store
too much work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 15, 2017
No work/life balance. Had to beg to get days off. No more advancements. Have to work holidays and swing shifts sometimes working late til 11, then coming in next morning at 3.

Want to know more about Walgreens?

Ask a question
Very competitive!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 15, 2017
Working at Walgreen's was a great learning experience. Training was easy to grasp, and my coworkers were extremely friendly. I learned how to better serve the store customers. The job duties included stocking shelves, cashier and organizing incoming store products.
Terrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 15, 2017
I worked in a very busy store, in the center of the city it's very busy at all hours of the day. I learned team working skills and how to provide better customer service. Store manager is terrible, but shift leaders are awesome. My coworkers were the best part.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management
summary
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLDecember 15, 2017
every walgreens is not the same. my working experince with them was something new to me. just so happen all of my managers were from jamaica. there nothing wrong with that. but when pressure was on it was hard to understand them.
Pros
rate of pay, discounts, the people that i came across each day
Cons
unrulely coustomers
Very friendly staff
SIMS Coordinator/Photo Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KY 42003December 15, 2017
This company is not for the weak. Customers come in sick and not feeling well and you have to be patient and kind. Show them they are very important.
It was a great experience quick paced but friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 14, 2017
It was a great first job. I made new friends and learned new things. Gained great experience in the customer service field to take into new job sceneries.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
No employee discounts
It all depends on your manager... proceed with caution
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 14, 2017
I had a great experience working at Walgreens until my most recent manager had started working at my store. Employee discount is decent and is combinable with clearance items. Paid time off increases as your time with the company increases. All employees start off at $9.

Its great if you can find a good, flexible and caring manager!
Pros
Employee discount, annual raises
Cons
Lack of advancement, Poor management
Great place for a part-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORDecember 14, 2017
My managers at Walgreens were helpful and supportive, and willing to arrange a work schedule that didn't conflict with my college coursework. The most enjoyable part was working closely with my assistant managers and shift leads.
Great experience
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Añasco Zona Urbana, PRDecember 14, 2017
professional management , learned how to have a positive attitude while I working there very multicultural environment the hardest part of the job is to learn a lot of info in a vey short time period
Pros
Healthy Enviroment
Cons
Not working there
I loved working here
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 14, 2017
I enjoyed the company very much; unfortunately I had personal issues arise that affected my job so I had to leave quite suddenly. I would love to be allowed back at this company again.
Pros
discounts, health benifits
Cons
short breaks
Good place to do clinicals
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 14, 2017
The satff was helpfull in teaching me what I needed to learn while there. I would recomend this as a place that wti could use again for student placement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.