Walgreens Employee Reviews

it was pretty steady at times
Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTOctober 18, 2018
this job is helpful developing customer service.
being in the main register makes you see all the different types of customers that walk inside the store.
Good company
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FL 33071October 18, 2018
I worked for walgreens right out of high school. I went from being a cashier to being a pharmacy intern. I was hoping to become a pharmacist as well but things did not work out as planned. good company.
Worst place I have ever worked!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAOctober 18, 2018
The Walgreens I worked at was awful. Our GM did nothing for the store. We have three good managers but two of them quit due to the poor treatment of employees at the store. The training is insufficient for many of the jobs. The only way to advance your career at my store was to suck up to the management. I would not recommend working at the store in Clovis NM.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Horrible management
Easy-going workplace provided you get your work done.
Service Clerk/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, KYOctober 18, 2018
During my time working at Walgreens I was also a student. I came in when I could and the management was good about working around my schedule. I did a lot of different things on the job. They train you pretty much everywhere in the store, which I see as becoming very well-rounded and gave me the ability to do whatever I was asked. I normally worked in the photo department, which meant customer service, dealing with the printers and printing software, as well as building photo items themselves. Overall, I loved the atmosphere and the workplace as a whole.
Nothing really to say.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2018
Working at with this company was not a bad place to work. I enjoyed the customers and helping them with anything they needed. I enjoyed helping customers.
Great companies to work for.
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2018
Walgreens is great. The only issue that may occur is understaffing or the management playing favoritism. Luckily, the larger management is there to help correct the store.
fun work place great people and your able to help people with problems
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 18, 2018
GOOD company to work for. Team work is not always used. GOOD learning job. THE pharmacy is great and also have great tech pharmacy which all members are of management must do .I work photo lab reciveing .I had to two in th pharmacy every day. I did 5min meeting every morning.
Pros
in house trianing and hands as well.i love pepople also which made my job easier
Cons
lack of team work and high turn aroun rate
Company went downhill
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 18, 2018
Enjoyed interacting with customers, however the hours a store manager works are a little excessive. Compensation used to be good, but the salary structure and bonus structure were changed. Upper management was always super critical, and all they did was make cuts in payroll and good personnel.
It's a decent job
csa (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIOctober 18, 2018
the pay is ok and depending where you work the management is easy to get along with. as any retail job there is always drama. i enjoy working here and i have made many friends here.
Executive Assistant Manager
Pharmacy Technician / Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 18, 2018
Walgreens in a leader in pharmacy services and customer service. offering all the needs of consumers. offers incredible benefits and opportunities for advancement.

Want to know more about Walgreens?

Ask a question
Always short handed staff
Pharmacist-in-charge (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 18, 2018
Everyday your behind and cannot even go to the restroom. Management would just say we can replace you. Seems the management task were more important than the customers daily.
Benefits
Cons
Under staffed at all times
Very productive work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 18, 2018
Walgreens has great management and the staff are supportive and nice to work around with. They work with your school schedule and are very understanding.
Slow Paced Environment
Stock & Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed being a service clerk at Walgreen's because I was able to tend to the needs of the customer. Walgreens is a calm nearly stressless environment. and I would recommend them to anyone looking for employment
Pros
Stressless, productive, Medium paced
Cons
nearly any
My bosses were very shady!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 18, 2018
The first six months I worked were great except for the fact I made $12.50/hr, but gave a $25/hr effort and it was never good enough. I transferred to another store and had 2 bosses, both were very dishonest to me.
Pros
They gave me a job
Cons
Micro managed
Would not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 18, 2018
Walgreens overall was not a fair workplace. The pay is lower than it should be for the tasks being done. Management has favorites. Noone tries to make employees feel appreciated.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Compensation, little or no opportunity of advancement
Worse everyday
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 17, 2018
Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. They take, take, take from store employees. Annual raises are at the bare minimum. Less hours, more work. Vacation time cut.
Nice place to work
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 17, 2018
It's a nice place to work however you may work holidays, weekends, and nights. Corporate however does have a strict hold on employee say in what they can and can't do in the workplace. Still a nice place to work though.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Working Holidays, open early and late
Bad Mangment
front end (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAOctober 17, 2018
Small to no rise. Manger pressures college student to work more hours than they can which leads to a high turn over rate. Manger does not acknowledge staff suggestion to improve store. Employees are not held accountable when calling out leading to staffing issues. the manger is a micro manger and harasses employees constantly.
Pros
impossible to get fired due to lack of accountably
Cons
uncaring staff, lack of staff, and terrible management
Ambiente Estable Para Tabajar
Photo Lab Associate (Current Employee) –  Hatillo Municipio, PROctober 17, 2018
Compañía Recomendable Para usar como Plataforma Para procrear un Futuro
Busy Evironment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2018
With it being busy at Walgreens it makes the day go by so much faster . You don’t even realize that you’ve been working all day which is a good thing because you aren’t worried about what time you leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.4K