Walgreens Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 24, 2018
My typical day was to check people out wit their groceries,stocking make up and make sure everything is clean and in order. Sometimes dealing with thrifty customers was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Forty-five minutes break total.
Cons
short staf
better fast place to work
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2018
start at 6 am, open the store, places the drowse each one in the right place, received each order for each distributions, help in the pharmacy if the need help, I'm Certified Pharmacy Technician. Reset the section for different departments, cosmetic, candy, OTC medications. Pet, follow the book for more knowledge, learn every day different challenger, take care complaints for the customers,
retail work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day looks like helping customers.also assisting people who needed help with issues they had for finding their needs. The company also included very strong organizational skills.
have to be a robot
Sales Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 23, 2018
cant make any mistakes or you will get fired. dont tell you certain things that you need to know but i loved the people i worked with. The people were very helpful for the most part, but they did not always tell you everything you needed to know
Pros
people
Cons
short breaks and you make 1 mistake and you get fired
relaxed place to work at friendly environment
Pharmacy Technician Ex-tern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 23, 2018
the manager was very helpful to help me learn the work, by answering my questions with patient and also making sure im getting full training from other works
Pros
good environment
Cons
short lunch
not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2018
not a good place to work, not enough hours. supervisors were unprofessional. no security on the job. lack of educated managers and employees. Low pay.
Not a good company to work
Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2018
Not good place to work, i would not recommend no one to work in these horrible company , I did worked there because I was in school , and I need the income .
Pros
no pros
Cons
not good place to work
greedy corporation
Walgreens- Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89052February 23, 2018
cut pay ,cut benefits and help and increase workload, profits and dividend payouts to shareholders and upper management. No future and continuous bad news and deterioration job satisfaction.
Fun, fast past at times, meet a lot of customers
Photo Specialist/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working everyday. I got to meet a lot of nice customers and most were even my favorite people to see. Even thought i was part time the compensation was fair. The hours it was what hard sometimes. there needs to be a fair way to rotate shifts and weekends between the staff.
Pros
discount on all items in store
enviornment that is relaxed but keeps you active.
Photo Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 23, 2018
a typical day starts by setting up your department for the day if opening, or tagging in for the opener in your department to leave. The rest of the day is making sure your area is clean, stocked, and labeled properly. The customer is most important.
Pros
employee discounts, easy work but active
Cons
must be on top of your department at all times.
Good Starting Position
Front-end Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIFebruary 23, 2018
A good job to first start out at, but not the type of job most people can do for the rest of their lives. Not enough pay for the work and not enough advancement opportunities for employees.
Pros
Above Minimum Wage Pay
Cons
No Advancements
great people, not impressed with management
Assistant Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  bridgeview, IllinoisFebruary 23, 2018
Was there for 6 months. Loved the job and the coworkers. Always worked well together.
Management was very seldom seen in the store... Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflict, I could no longer work.
Pros
Hard working people.
Cons
Never saw much of the store manager, even when we were short staffed
Read below
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Quinta, CAFebruary 23, 2018
The managers who I work with do not know how to handle the stress of a busy environment,not only that but when they are stressed they take it out on the employees. The stress level is insane and when your manager talks to you like your a child,I find it very disrespectful. Also, the place is freezing and it gives me allergies,the restrooms are always filthy,and I always see dust piling up. The vacuum is broken on the wheels so I have to literally carry it to where I need to vacuum,which hurts my back. They need to treat their employees better. Management needs to be the better example for their employees. The ones I work with are majorly rude .
Don’t work for Walgreens, you will regret it.
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Working at Walgreens has become a real nightmare. Management don’t care about their employees. They only want you to work more and more with less help. Metrics are impossible to reach since its been increase every year and you have no time to focus on everything they want you to. Their expectations are extremely high while the help is extremely low. Employees are scared to talk because they don’t want to loose the job. ALL my co workers feel the same way but are terrified to talk since we all know you can be fired. It’s really sad because the company wasn’t like this many years ago.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything
Great Working Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Working at walgreens outlines the basis of working in retail. The speed can fluctuate from slow to fast and vice versa. Most importantly the job is easy and also gives you experience for your next journey in life.
It's a slow, long job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
It's a super boring job. You stand there for 8hours doing nothing. The management is always breathing down your neck expecting you to check all the customers out and have the store clean at the same time. Most of the time you are working on your own with another person who is normally in the photo lab and with the manager. Which they never come and help you with the customers when you have a line. You will never be able to get things done.
Pros
nothiung
Cons
management
Average
Photo Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILFebruary 22, 2018
This started as a part-time job. It was an average retail job. Most of the co-workers were easy to get along with. The job was easy but it was sometime difficult to get everything done due to short staffing.
Pros
Regular breaks
Cons
Low pay and few full time hours
mean manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAFebruary 22, 2018
If I was told to do something, I was either too slow, or so fast that I was efficient enough. So I would have to go back over my task again. I was also criticized for my condition that I could not help.
Pros
loved what I did, loved being in cosmetics, loved most of my co-workers
Cons
30-minute lunch, constantly stressed out by a manager or two
great
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 22, 2018
pays well. and everyone is nice. there is alot of room to learn and they train you really well. starting salary for a tech is pretty good compared to other retail pharmacies
Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 22, 2018
The job is easy. Management expects a lot for little pay. The customers expect a lot. Flexible schedule and willing to work with school schedule. They change management a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.3K