Walgreens Employee Reviews

Friendly Environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJune 23, 2018
Walgreens has a job culture that helps you feel secure, happy, and wanting to work. I can't speak for all walgreens, but the ones I worked at were very accommodating and friendly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Usually part time
work atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2018
Communication was abysmal between fellow management. Financial compensation was poor. Employee moral was so-so and the employee training was minimal as well.
Can be ok to work at
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJune 23, 2018
Can be a ok job to work at. Some of the people here are good to work with,but some are not they have attitudes towards one another. Also did not get a pay raise after working for 3 years
A day at walgreens
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 23, 2018
Working at Walgreens is a very challenging job experience. I learned
to multi-task and work at a fast pace environment. Learned how to
enter insurance information, workers comp, inventory, customer service, reading and filling prescriptions, filing, handling money. The
hardest part of my job was not having enough help to take care the demand of the customers. Best part working in a fast pace environment and getting to know the customers.
Great Place to Work, I miss it.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAJune 23, 2018
Please see comments in other for reason I left the role. Good place to work, If your systems had been programmed to prevent employees from selling products requiring ID without the actual ID I would most certainly still be employed at my Walgreen's. Please consider embedding hard stops in your system to force the employee to check I.D. When the line is long and people are frustrated it is hard not to feel the pressure and move as quickly as possible with the aim of providing good customer service while maintaining quotas.
Pros
discounts
Cons
little protection for employees with sale of alcohol
Good solid company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2018
I liked the easy company, easy job if you are young and flexible. can be hard to get hours and not many coworkers so you build good relationships with them
Life at Walgreens
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 23, 2018
Customer assistance, working as a team, extensive cash handling, keeping the store clean and in an orderly fashion, working well on own as well as with a team
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great customers great employees
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 23, 2018
It is a great place to work with great customers as well as employees it does have some issues here and there with management but over all a good company
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short breaks
Good workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJune 23, 2018
Great place to work if you are lucky to have good co-workers and or a good manager. I have been lucky to have both at the two stores I have worked at .
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Open on Thanksgiving and Christmas
Review of Walgreens
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2018
The most enjoyable part about my job was the opportunity to work with customers. I liked helping them as they are the reason we are here. May times I would be leaving for the night, after my work day, and I would ask customers if they were needing help or if they were finding everything they need as I was walking out the store for the night. I never hesitated to stop and take care of them.
Enjoyed helping customers
Restock Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2018
My review on working at Walgreens is that it slow but there was a lot to restock the items that people left behind or didn’t want. I liked it but at the same time I didn’t like working at Walgreens because it wouldn’t be that busy as other jobs.
My Experience working at Walgreen Wahouse
Split Case Picker/stocker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, WIJune 22, 2018
Most FM's and GS's don't know what they are doing anymore with them having minimal to no experience running a department in a mod. We are always working mandatory overtime and are understaffed with little to no proper training for new employees. Always adding more workload for us to do.

With the new schedule change, there is no second shift anymore. You start from 6:30 PM til varying from 5 AM til 6 AM. You get 2 30 minute breaks but have 4 hours in between.
Pros
pay
Cons
long hours, unexpected and mandatory overtime, short break time, little to no paid time off, understaffed, always moved to different departments, poor/unprofessional management, little to no information about the workplace or warehouse, lack in training new recruits
Fast paced retail environment
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NC 28601June 22, 2018
As assistant store manager, I don't have a consistent work schedule. Somedays I work from 7:30 am to 5 pm, and other days I work 12 pm to 10 pm. I had every 3rd weekend off. I don't believe I was paid adequately for my work and education experience. Management is fantastic however. From Store Managers to District Managers and Regional Managers.
Pros
Management, paid 15 minute breaks, and pto accumulation
Cons
Pay, scheduled hours, Holidays
Work is a headache
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 22, 2018
The store manager is actually pretty good at his job, however when I confronted him about the assistant manager having a bad attitude & verbally abusive nothing was done about it. They ask you to be overly responsible for the minimum wage they pay & the lack of hours they give you to work. I am actively looking for another job.
Productive and fun workplace
stocker and photo lab tech (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FL 32444June 22, 2018
I made employee of the month with this company twice in the 2 years that I worked there. I loved working for this company and was sad when i had to leave
N/a
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 22, 2018
Faced paced, fun. Teams are great and for the most part so are the customers. The company is constantly changes trying to get the business module right which is a good thing but also results in budget not always in line with the plan
Fun
STL STORE TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FLJune 22, 2018
When you work for a big store you all have something to do it never a time to to just set unless your on lunch but I think the best time to work was on truck days
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMJune 22, 2018
Management was very friendly and helpful. Online education to enhance your skills was available and required. It is a physically demanding job requiring working the register while stocking shelves. Doing store cleaning at the end of the night shift. The hours are inconsistent fluctuating between day and evening shifts which affects your sleeping habits and daily schedule.Management was flexible when time was needed off work with advance notice. Staff is treated in a respectful manner. Benefit options are available which the company matches your funds. It is a good place to advance your career.Overall I would rate it as a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits and an opportunity to advance.
Cons
Schedule fluctuates, work register while stocking shelves.
Productive and very educational.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJune 22, 2018
I filled prescriptions on a daily while also unloaded and stocking medications. I filed prescriptions and entered new profiles into the computer. I also did basic compounding such as magic mouthwash. The hardest part of my job was finding a break in between prescriptions. The easiest part of my job was typing and scanning new prescriptions. Everyone was friendly and the environment was laid back.
Pros
great hours
Cons
short breaks
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 22, 2018
I have only been working 6 months, this is my first retail job. I am a shift leader, so that means I'm in-charge when there is no management. I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K