Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 26,055 reviews matching the search See all 26,057 reviews
Not A great place to work in
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTDecember 9, 2018
Horrible work environment with little to no chance of moving up , pay rate for technicians suck not considering the amount of work they require of the technicians . Every month they add more daily tasks for technicians and pay rate does not change. They make it impossible for single working mothers .
Customer Service Represenatative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 9, 2018
- Assist customers in order to maximize satisfaction
- Collaborate with team members in order to answer questions effectively
- Answer the phone and assists customers with respective demands
Get a better job!
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 9, 2018
Worked for this company for over 13 years. They constantly allow customers to walk all over you for any reason. Management, depending on who they are, will walk over you as well. Very strict on if you get sick, you only get a couple times you can call out, then they will write you up a couple times till you are fired. Low pay in the company. Will NOT work with you on hours. This company used to be great, now they dont care. They keep taking things away from employees (vacation days, job positions, etc). There are never enough employees in the store at one given time, so customers get antsy because of the lack of help. Corporate keeps cutting hours.
Pros
Its a job, insurance if over 30 hrs a week
Cons
Work during holidays, management, not enough hours
Overall a good paying job if they cared about their employees more
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 9, 2018
Could be better, this is a stupid survey that shouldn’t be required to talk about my job because who cares? Walgreens is an alright company with half decent pay
It is a quick-paced work environment
Liquor Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 9, 2018
It can be stressful or overwhelming the first few weeks, but overtime it becomes easier with knowledge of product placement/ merchandising. The company likes to give thanks to customers, employees, and their family or friends with extra special discount days.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, lack of health issue report attainment
Great company to work for
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 9, 2018
If you are planning to have a long term job, Walgreens is the place to go. As long as you follow company policies, you are guaranteed to have the job for as long as you work there. You could even get promotions
Hours and work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILDecember 9, 2018
Times can be great to work and times can be a nightmare unfortunately. Hours are iffy at times due to corporate issues. Work load can vary on some occasions.
Pros
People work with
Cons
When short staffed tempers flare
productive work experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 9, 2018
I was very excited when I got hired at Walgreens after working for the Student Youth Employment Program there and am sad to leave. Unfortunately, I feel the need to try out other jobs and see where life takes me.
Pros
discounts
Cons
inconsistent hours
Stressful and understaff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 8, 2018
Corporate level does not care or sees the direct need for providing stores with more budget hours while the demand for execution is unrealistic and stressful.
There is no work life balance due to the constant stress level you are not able to disconnect from work even when you are at home. It is sad as this was not the case before. You truly felt valued and care for not anymore.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stress, hours, demand. Low budgets
Nice place overall.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 8, 2018
Store was nice to work at. The support staff and managers were helpful. The managers always have way to show me how to do something. I was always taught the correct way. I learned a lot in my year there.
Relaxed workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNDecember 8, 2018
Management was good, scheduling was easy and flexible. It was easy to get along with everybody i worked with and we were able to have fun while working.
Pros
Discounts, benefits, flexible schedule
productive and fun work place with friendly hardworking co workers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 8, 2018
in my opinion the hardest part of the job was figuring out the store by heart when i first was hired at Walgreens. Due to my role of facing & restocking the shelves,figuring out the store was an additional priority i had to master so that i can work at a quick pace.But other than that i enjoyed my summer youth experience.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Pharmacy Technican
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 7, 2018
I love working for Walgreens. It's a great company. I make decent money. I've received quite a few pay raises in the last couple of years. It's easy going and our pharmacy is very fast paced. Management always steps up when needed and helps out .
Flexible at times
Manager (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJDecember 7, 2018
A typical day at work provides lack of management skills and team-oriented skills that needs close attention daily. The company needs to follow and understand the lack of leadership skills and the lack of hiring new employees that are needed in this company in order to stay successful.
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
No sick time
Extraordinary customer care
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 7, 2018
Walgreens really believes in helping each and every customer. They're vast array of products makes it a simple one stop shop for most people. They’re pharmacists use all the knowledge they’ve learned in school to better help customers with they’re medical needs. Treating each customer uniquely based on their medical history.
a good company
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  CTDecember 7, 2018
walgreens is a good company with supportive management that fosters a productive work environment. Competitive salaries and benefits make this a great company to work for.
Great Training Program
Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 7, 2018
Walgreens Co. really prides themselves on getting their employees ready for the next step. Walgreens is a great place to retire from, they have great benefits,
Very good for a first job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 7, 2018
Although most days working in the pharmacy were stressful, the people I worked with made my work better. the management team were very fun and friendly, yet professional when they needed to be.
Great Benefits
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 7, 2018
They had great benefits you only needed a 12 week average of 30 hours to get them. They have a lot of favoritism here. I've seen a store associate move up to store manager in a few years. I tried getting back into pharmacy for almost a year and they kept making excuses. The manager i worked for seemed to favorite his day crew over his night crew.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
favoritism
Management Can Improve
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 7, 2018
Great place to move up the ladder, however, there is a lot of politics and favoritism that comes into play as far as management goes. If the shift leads like you, the store manager likes you and vice versa.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.5K