Walgreens Employee Reviews

I love this job.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIDecember 17, 2017
Walgreens has been by far the best place I have ever worked at. The other employees have become some of my best friends. It's a very relaxed environment most days with the occational hectic day, especially towards the Christmas season as it is for all retail stores. I would definitely reccommend Walgreens to anyone looking for a job.
Typical Retail Store
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 17, 2017
Was considered head cashier as soon as the old head cashier bailed. Was given the opportunity to head my own department about 2-3 months into working here.
Walgreens
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 16, 2017
I learned a lot when I worked at Walgreens it was very fast paced and stressful because it is medicine. I liked working there. But it was hard working the hours they needed.
Fast paced environment
Pharmacy Technician student (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 16, 2017
a very fast paced and professional setting. Staff were very helpful and courteous. I learned a lot. Customer service was awesome and i enjoyed the interactions.
Pros
training
Cons
fast paced
Very fast-paced work environment
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 16, 2017
There were times as a pharmacy tech that you were literally running from place to place, drive-thru to front counter like a chicken with your head cut off. It was challenging and not always in a good way. The management was hit or miss but mostly the pharmacy team became like a family. The didn't seem to care though.
Cool Place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCDecember 16, 2017
Good work environment, very chill management. Overall and easy job to maintain, although being a technician can become stressful at times, due to irate patients, and walgreens expectations of employees. Salary isn't worth the work and dedication the employer wants its employees to put forth .
good after you get the hang of it
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kemah, TXDecember 16, 2017
At first it can be a lot to learn and handle especially if its a busy pharmacy but after a couple months you get the hang of it. Can tend to be a fast paced environment
Stressful!
Pharmacy Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2017
The management was quite rude a majority of the time and the work hours were very hostile. On top of that, not a friendly work environment with little to NO TRAINING!
Cons
No breaks, long hours, no training, hostile environment.
Fun to work place with personable coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IADecember 16, 2017
Overall an enjoyable area to work with a management team that cares about their employees, the customer base is also really easy to get along and interact with.
Pros
Half hour lunches, Great Store owner
management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2017
This company (esp. the store I work in) has poor management. The managers promoted someone in the store with the MOST CUSTOMER COMPLAINT. Most of us CSA are disappointed!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
poor mangement
Employees are family not just empoyees
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester Ohio, and Greensboro NCDecember 16, 2017
Great place to work and fellow employees are wonderful to work with. The most enjoyable part of working there is not only the people you work with, the customers are wonderful also.
Productive and fast paced environment with fun staff
sales (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 16, 2017
Walgreens enhance my customer service skills tending to peoples needs and or wants. I enjoyed completing tasks such as helping people find an item they were looking for and giving them advise on the product.
Pretty easy going.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 16, 2017
Walgreens was a paced but easy job to do. Until my accident which caused my extreme sciatica pain, all duties were pretty easy. This job has a nice atmosphere, with easy daily task that can be done within the work shift.
Pros
Job task simple, good in store benefits
Cons
pay
Good if you have a flexible schedule
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  caDecember 16, 2017
I like my job but I just don't want to continue a career in retail. My manager is fair and if there is a lot of hours to choose from since the store is open so late.
Pros
401K Match
Cons
Scheduling is all over the place
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
I've had the pleasure to work at two different stores with wonderful people and some customers as well. I truly wish I didn't have to leave either store but I've made friends for life.
Pros
Good managers, flexibilty, and good benefits.
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Paced and Positive Customer Care
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Summerfield, NCDecember 15, 2017
I love dealing with the public in person or on the phone. I am a very positive person with excellent customer service ability.

I have achieved the honor of employee of the month for 14 months in a row. To achieve employee of the month requires an employee to ask customers to call and take an 8 minute survey for Walgreen's.

I am dependable and honest. I have a very pleasant voice.
Pros
Dealing with Public
Cons
Must work swing schedule.
Great place to work at.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 15, 2017
I miss this job the most, it starts you off with terrific pay, and on top of that they are flexible when it comes to hours. Everyone was kind and cared about each other like a family.
Pros
Discounts! Wonderful coworkers.
Cons
One lazy person but there's someone like that everywhere.
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NY 12065December 15, 2017
Never again will i work for this company. It is absolutely terrible. Unless you find a great manager but other than that. Bad pay, bad managers, they take advantage of you.
okay place
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXDecember 15, 2017
good place, but the pharmacists, like all employees, need a break to eat and relax. the pharmacist to technician ratio can be too high to protect the patients. there needs to be more overlap for the pharmacists - in the pharmacy - not in meetings.
Pros
computer system
Cons
no breaks
Productive ,collaborative and good work environment .
Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CADecember 15, 2017
Was a joy working for walgreens, they have wonderful staff .
The work environment is relaxed but productive .
The customers were wonderful as well.Was a wonderful opportunity!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.