WakeMed Employee Reviews

Great
CVICU RN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2018
Great opportunities and learning experiences. I have learned more at this hospital than the 2 others I have worked at. The environment is welcoming. It's hard not to succeed here.
Great place to work, however I had to relocate to Texas
Nurse Aide to RN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work, however I had to relocate to Texas from North Carolina. Wake\Med offered growth opportunity to its employees. Staff are well trained and supports value of the hospital.
Fun work place
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 9, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. This would include all not just certain staff. All staff will be respected. All staff will respect others choices and treat all with kind words respectable opinions.
Pros
On-site Gym
Cons
Parking is not secured
productive and very nice and caring staff
Constant observer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 1, 2018
as a employer at wakemed, i have seen how hard and caring the staff is and how hard they they work to make sure u are healthy and safe before discharge. Everyone is friendly and understanding.
Horrible place to work
Operating Room RN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 28, 2018
Management is so ineffective and corrupt in the operating room in Raleigh. They have to pay well and give sign on bonuses to trick people into applying.
Pros
It is a good company overall
Cons
The operating room in Raleigh is horrible.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2018
the people I work with every day - outstanding! I feel very supported by my team and director I enjoy coming to work every day (most every day) and I think it is a wonderful organization
Pros
the people
Cons
some policies
Really great place to work
Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2018
Wakemed is a great place to work at. They treat you fair and with respect and there is room to advance. the pay is fair and they will pay for school if you are interested in going back to school.
Echo vascular sonographer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2018
Love the place ! And my friends. Gives a flexible schedule and work with the needs of the employees. Wakeshare is an excellent way of showing appreciation every year
Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 3, 2018
No team players on the floor I worked on, rude RN no help no guidance. Every man is for himself. Never realized how many nurses worked in this field and really not care about people or lives
WakeMed gives you the opportunity to grow professionally.
Staff Nurse/RN Charge PRN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 3, 2018
WakeMed gives you the opportunity to grow professionally, My unit rocks!, everyone is helpful. The hospital lives with it missions and vision. I would re apply if have to move back in this area.
Pros
Excellent team work in my unit
Cons
short brakes
very clicky work environment
Staff RN ICU (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2018
clicky environment with a lot of nepotism, no employee retension, poor work life balance ,hardest part of the job is the work ethic of the younger nurses and then the stromg facortism in the unit
Pros
pay
Cons
nepotism, work life balance
Not the worst place
Multiple (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2018
The facility was nice and the coworkers tended to be as well. There are a few people you could not trust but that's always the case.

If you're not a nurse or physician then you are expected to give way to them even if they're in the wrong and clearly against policy.
Job or family
Environmental Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2018
When it comes to your family versus them, they don't care. They are going to make sure they are covered regardless of what anybody is going thru and have no sympathy at all. I would not recommend nobody to them at all especially after they did me dirty but what goes around comes back to you. They will get theirs one way or another. I do miss being around my co workers well some of them anyway.
Pros
Gives you time to yourself on the way to and from work
Cons
About themselves
I love my job
Staffing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2018
WakeMed has a great national reputation, offers competitive pay and overall positive work culture. I’m in my second position with the organization which is much different than my previous role and still my experience has been an overall positive one.
Pros
Competitive pay, possibility for annual share payout, employer match retirement account
Cons
Some positions require rotating shifts and availability
WakeMed PACS Assistant Review
PACS Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 28, 2018
Enjoyed the flexibility with my schedule, good benefits and managers. Workplace was fairly monotonous, fellow employees and staff could be difficult to deal with (service/health industry/hospital environment comes with this at times). I learned a lot about the healthcare industry and working in a hospital.
Pros
Good benefits and reasonable pay
Cons
Long hours and monotonous
Good Place
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 27, 2018
WakeMed was a great place to work. The staff is diverse, coming from all corners of the country and world. This eclectic nature leads to innovation in all aspects of healthcare. The education provided and encouraged facilitates motivation and a drive to always be the best.
ok
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 25, 2018
Health care benefits are ridiculous for staff. High deductibles. No competition in the area, so the staff pay is not the best for the cost of living in the area.
need manager clasess
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2018
cant have management from no managerial backgrounds in charge of employees for the sake of time on job or seniority...they have to be knowledgable and able to handle personnel outside of job performance issues. i.e. family issues, work schedules, situations at work, etc...its not about the job itself all the time, people will work better if they enjoy work enviotment and feel like management have the best interest and concerns at the forefront.
Fun place to work
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2018
Great culture, awesome people. managers are always there for you.
great co-workers. great patient care and costumer service.
Benefits, pay vacations.
Pros
great health, dental and vision insurance
Cons
N/a
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 12, 2018
Worst work expert of my career. They do not value their experienced nurses or make any effort to retain them. Their focus has become money not patient safety or employee satisfaction.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WakeMed. Our community is ready to answer.