WakeMed Employee Reviews

working at wakemed
Finance & Accounting/ Hospital Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2018
Wakemed is a great place to work, the organization mission is what drives its success being at the top of the healthcare industry cares and respects their patients as well as their employees 5 stars for wakemed
Pros
respect for all every one has a place at wakemed a very diversified work force
Cons
promotions based on degrees vs experienced years of service and ability.
low level management issues
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 1, 2018
This was a nice place to work, and the people were really nice, wakemed took care of their employees with raises and bonuses I hope to go back there one day.
Great plac to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2018
I really enjoy for WakeMed. I have friend that I worked with to this day with is over 9 years ago. It was a family environment as big as the are. You will enjoy working here
Good Place to Work if an RN or Surgeon
Emergency Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2018
In my experience, the support service personnel were not given proper operational support, management backing, or support funding to conduct their duties. Since they are not considered "revenue generating" assets, support departments are left to accomplish their priorities with half the budget and staffing of other departments that do generate revenue.
Helping the community
EXECUTIVE CHEF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2018
WakeMed is defined by its staff. It is an organization that provides the highest level of care to the community and to its patients. The staff is friendly and talented. Everyone goes out of their way to ensure every patient and customer receives the highest level of care.
Pros
great staff, benefits, employee discounts.
Cons
non-patient related upgrades move slower than expected
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 18, 2018
Good job when it comes to benefits. They have a lot of uniform sales which is great. Also other sales to. They like when worker's are team players an on time.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Watching at all times
Pleasant Place to Work
Nurse Aid 2/ Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2018
WakeMed is a nice place to work. Co-workers and other staff members are very friendly and pleasant to work with . Management is not hard to work with.
Wages
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2018
needs to pay more!! I feel that an investment in the pay of employees all over will bring the best out of its employees. We live in a world where everything outside our pay is going up. The work load have increased but yet not a real amount of money to say I can see a difference in a raise per ck instead of it being a yearly break down.
plain, boring work environment
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2018
Management refused to listen to new ideas. Options for work schedule were not good. The impossible was expected of the employees every day. Did not pay enough.
Flexible hours
Patient Account Representative (Refunds) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2018
Flexible hours are offered to employees which for some this means that you can schedule your appointments after working hours, this way you would use less PDO's.
Wmc
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 9, 2018
I loved working at WakeMed and the team of nurses and MD's. We gave excellent care there. I left my job at WakeMed and moved away from Carolina because Nurses don't have contracts and no job security. I was high in seniority however, we take turns having to be called off for low census often. We would run out of PTO and have frequent days on call without pay.
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Apex, NC 27502April 30, 2018
I enjoyed working here but the night shift no longer was working for my families needs, that is why I am no longer employed here. They do allow a lot of education for their nurses.
Cut throat environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 30, 2018
I worked in the Patient Financial Services and it was a cut throat environment. Constant changes. Poor management that yelled at staff if they became frustrated or if you asked too many questions. Everyone only thought about themselves. I would not recommend employment here.
Amazing
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 17, 2018
I worked there for over 25 years and planned to retire there but was forced to move d/t my spouse's job. Wonderful culture, staff, management, and philosophy. Loved my job!
Exciting Place To Work
Nurse Aide I/Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 13, 2018
One never stops learning new things. Every single day there is something to learn. Not every day is going to be a great day. However, the staff in general are awesome and make the work day fly by. I truly love working at WakeMed. I am currently in school for Nursing though, so depending on my school schedule, will depend on if I stay at WakeMed.
Heavy Work Load
Clinical Nurse III (ER) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 8, 2018
Management not very helpful, but coworkers great. Long days at work with multiple patients but great teamwork whenever working with the right team. Hardest part of the job is the compensation.
Good place to work overall
CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 23, 2018
Great coworkers, very challenging keeping the doctors happy, need more schedule flexibility, management micromanaged employees.
Very diverse work environment.
Great place to work for
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Wakemed providing patient care to the patients and comforting their families in their time of need. It really felt good making a difference in the patients' lives while they were enduring a hardship.
Run from this place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 18, 2018
Horrible management. You can be first to put in for vacation a year in advance and they won't give it to you. If you question anything, they write you up! I was scheduled to be two people repeatedly. When I questioned it, I was told that I was disruptive and they wrote me up. They don't care about the employees or the patients. All I can say is run for your life.
State of the Art Heart Center and Healthcare Hospital system and excellent Physicians.
Patient Registrar Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCMarch 12, 2018
A very fast pace, professional working environment that has many out patient settings and clinics to provide in patient and out patient Medical care for the local community. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping and assisting the patients with their care and needs. The most difficult part would be the flow of patients and trying to handle and process them through the system.
Pros
Seminars and continuing educational opportunities.
Cons
Limited room for career growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WakeMed. Our community is ready to answer.