University of Illinois Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 3, 2018
It was a great work environment to work in. I would recommend this place for employment for anyone especially students. Everyone was helpful, nice and funny. So in my opinion this is an awesome place to work in far as food service.
Pros
is a great place to work
Cons
slow in the summer
Lack of advancement
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILApril 30, 2018
Frustrating that I will have my Master's degree in less than a month but there is really no chance of advancing anywhere in my current position. I also cannot get work experience in the areas I need with my current position.
Architectural Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
Its a fine work environment. The employees along with the people are all very friendly and nice, as well as everyone works hard to accomplish tasks. I thought it was nice.
uiuc
student worker (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILApril 23, 2018
could be a fast pace environment depending on what station you work. dish room is great listen to music and work for the most part at your own pace. pay isnt great at all
Teacher's Assistant Review
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2018
As a teacher's assistant at University of Illinois at Chicago, I found that this place was very pleasant to work at. The teacher I worked under demonstrated a fun work environment.
Uic
Lecturer/Coordinator, Biology Department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
It was a long time ago when I worked there. Non-tenured faculty should be unionized. It's all about the money when you get right down to it. Good experience.
A good Police Department
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
When I worked at the University of Illinois they had a very good department and offered training and advancement opportunities. The only problem with the UIC campus is that you're located in the middle of Chicago with a lot of police agencies all around you.
Nomad support.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Telecommuted from home in Illinois.April 5, 2018
Contract position. Worked for Illinois DCFS but was paid by University of Illinois. This position was temporary and part time. I supported the DCFS Nomad applications.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Not enough hours allowed to work
Very Good Place to work
Assistant Clinical Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2018
Worked as assistant clinical professor, conducting classes and helping in the laboratory department. Helped the professor in setting up the class work etc..
Good Work Experience for a Student
ASSISTANT EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at the administrative offices as a temporary worker at UIC. I did not have any supervision but learned a great deal on my own about organization, editing, and technical aspects of writing and keeping records. In general, it was a good experience.
Pros
Relaxed pace, good overall working environment
Cons
low pay, Temporary, lack of job security
Excellent Leadership
Young Professionals (YP)- Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 6, 2018
This organization is doing a great job of providing leadership and investing in tomorrow's youth. Working with leaders of the community they are making an impact.
Challenging jobs
Pediatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 1, 2018
Great for work life balance and benefits. Continual learning opportunities. Competitive pay. Paid licence renewal and education. Generous vacation and sick pay.
Pros
Great benefits
I love everything about the University
Hazardous Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Urbana, IL 61801February 16, 2018
I absolutely love my job. The pay is great and my coworkers make the University feel like a family. Besides the pay, the benefits are perfect. I would highly recommend working for this great company.
graduate school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2018
i graduated from the department of computer science. the graduate school was pretty stressful. we had to take classes, teaching introductory classes and do research
Pros
challlenging
Cons
too stressful
Good Experience in a Short Amount of Time
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Title says it all. I worked at the U of I for a summer internship through my high school. It was only 3 months but the campus atmosphere made a truly unique experience.

I was a Camp Counselor at the ARC. It was awesome hanging out with the kids, playing sports with them, and teaching them the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle.
University of Illinois
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
A traveled to various schools to give students math assessments. I learned that various schools had more support in terms of assisting their students. T
Pros
Meeting the different students and the administration.
Cons
Traveling to various schools daily.
Great Place
Athletic Facilities (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Longevity, Job security, great town. Great place to raise a family. They give a chance to grow and you can move around in different departments. I would suggest this place to anyone.
A helpful and rewarding job.
Research Assistant for the Hull Group (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 7, 2018
After my time as a Resident Advisor I am thankful for the opportunity to make a positive impact on residents' lives and to learn some powerful interpersonal skills. I have had two exceptional supervisors that manages myself and our staff well.
Illinois Athletics Video Production
Assistant Director of Video Services (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Most days are quite demanding. Average 50 or more hours a week. Work with students a lot. Very difficult to maintain a work/life balance. Numerous short deadlines.
Fine
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 5, 2018
You really want to know? I did some research, I was underpaid, overworked, but in the process did some partying and was able to come into work when I wanted. Grad school is great, but then as soon as you leave its brutal.