University of Illinois Employee Reviews

graduate school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2018
i graduated from the department of computer science. the graduate school was pretty stressful. we had to take classes, teaching introductory classes and do research
Pros
challlenging
Cons
too stressful
Good Experience in a Short Amount of Time
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Title says it all. I worked at the U of I for a summer internship through my high school. It was only 3 months but the campus atmosphere made a truly unique experience.

I was a Camp Counselor at the ARC. It was awesome hanging out with the kids, playing sports with them, and teaching them the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle.
University of Illinois
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
A traveled to various schools to give students math assessments. I learned that various schools had more support in terms of assisting their students. T
Pros
Meeting the different students and the administration.
Cons
Traveling to various schools daily.
Great Place
Athletic Facilities (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Longevity, Job security, great town. Great place to raise a family. They give a chance to grow and you can move around in different departments. I would suggest this place to anyone.
A helpful and rewarding job.
Research Assistant for the Hull Group (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 7, 2018
After my time as a Resident Advisor I am thankful for the opportunity to make a positive impact on residents' lives and to learn some powerful interpersonal skills. I have had two exceptional supervisors that manages myself and our staff well.
Illinois Athletics Video Production
Assistant Director of Video Services (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Most days are quite demanding. Average 50 or more hours a week. Work with students a lot. Very difficult to maintain a work/life balance. Numerous short deadlines.
Fine
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 5, 2018
You really want to know? I did some research, I was underpaid, overworked, but in the process did some partying and was able to come into work when I wanted. Grad school is great, but then as soon as you leave its brutal.
Good School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILFebruary 4, 2018
It is a good school. peaceful city. It's cold over the winter but nice during summer. There are lots of opportunities for students. Overall I recommend it.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant/Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2018
Created assignments, graded all assignment, quizzes, and exams. Organized mandatory bi-weekly field trips exposing students to real-world professionals in the biological fiend
Poor management, lack of direction
Extension Educator (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 25, 2018
U of I Extension has a poor attitude toward innovation. Employees are expected to do the same thing that had been done for that past 20 years. It's too much trouble to do anything different that might make them a useful entity in the age of online educaiton.
Assistantship
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 23, 2018
It was a typical university environment. The research could be interesting or boring depending on the topic.The benefit was excellent and it covered tuition with expenses.
Awesome place for Engineering!
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 20, 2018
Lots of research happening here.Especially in CS department. Also, cost of living here is low.
the only problem here is cold winters. If you are used to harsh winters you can come here.
Assistant Director of Dining Services for Catering (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Exciting and fast paced work environment. My supervisor was very supportive. Great management staff! Always looking top improve and offer the best quality product to students and staff.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Not sure why they are having me do this.
Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 15, 2018
I was only there for an REU a few years ago. The graduate program from what I have seen is very intense. I would recommend going somewhere else for graduate school.
Extra Help Accounting (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 13, 2018
My last job was only a temporary position. It did not include benefits, but since I had retired from the same company, I already had those. I took the position knowing the end date when I started. I had done all of the work at my previous position so it was really easy to move in and do the work that was required.
being on a job that you could say home
MEDICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2018
this is very comfortable place to be at people friendly and team player with co workers and staying with a company and maintain you r position and career and staying focused and stability and financial
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to do research, and can meet people from different background.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 4, 2018
The students are working hard. Great opportunity and support from academia perspective. Nice campus environment. Great professors and researchers. Diversity in cultures.
Pros
Great research resources.
Cons
Stressful and fast pace.
Good place to work for experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 3, 2018
I learned a lot about chemical reactions such as TLC plating. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people I worked with. The only thing I didn't like is that it is not paid, it is for experience and university credit.
Pros
Cool people
Cons
Not paid
Good grad school
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Champaign County, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Many motivated students at this university make teaching more fun. Nice campus, though in a somewhat uninteresting location. Overall recommended for grad students.
Cons
Uninteresting location
Great place for Students
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
Great friendly place who is new to research field. All professors and staff are equally helpful in encouraging student to participate in meetings and work on various projects