United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Postal Clerk

Great Idea... Poor Execution
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILFebruary 15, 2018
This is a job for one's with no family or other responsibilities that require an "in-face" requirement. There's more work than there are workers that actually have the desire to work. The management have a hard time managing employees accordingly. If they consider you a "friend" then you are basically set. If you are unable to speak out against being over-worked, then you will be forced to go along with the flow.
difficult by worth it
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  HawaiiFebruary 15, 2018
It was hard work and there was a lot to put up with. But if you can handle in the pay and benefits are worth it. I wish i was able to work here but unfortunately i was cut out for the labor.
Ok place to work
PSE Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJFebruary 14, 2018
good pay. good hours. people can be nice but can be rude. Employees help as much as possible. supervisors are there to help if needed. hard work. good workout.
Holiday PSE (Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Working for the post office is a fast past job.
I learned alot about the inside life as a post office work. To work this job you have to be willing to give things up.
productive but a big headache. stressful and rude
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Part time worker. Was receiving full time hours at the beginning but hours got cut to 2 to 6 hours a day. Management is always riding your back and there is a great deal of favoritism going on. Pay is ok but with what you have to deal with should be more.
Pros
most of your co workers are cool.
Cons
short breaks, work every holiday
You must possess a great work ethic and integrity
PSE-Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 7, 2018
I loved working for the Postal Service. I enjoy being outdoors but the winters can be extremely harsh. I only disliked the horrible treatment I received during a on the job injury. I was let go on the exact date of my probation. Later on that same day, I was able to resign. It really tears at your humanity when you've given your all to a company and instead of looking out for a good employee,( I thought I was valuable) the company looks out for themselves. It's still good, honest and hard working people out in the world. WE are company minded and driven to focus on a common goal.
I owe my self motivation and determination to my Father and the United States ARMY.
Pros
Independence work environment, pay, working outdoors, teamwork
Cons
Management, Bad Weather, No career positions
slow paced
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake City, KSFebruary 6, 2018
working mornings was nice, would've loved to have been able to progress with the USPS, learned a great deal about overseas mailing, learned how important a working post office is to the old timers
Best day work
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRFebruary 6, 2018
It was a fast paced job that didn't leave a lot of time to relax. The job had a lot things to follow and gave an opportunity to learn a lot. It was a very challenging job experience but really recommended.
once you grt to work this is a nice place to work
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I love the post office once you learn all the in and outs the money os good and if you have little kids this is not the place to work different tours (hours)
Pros
time
Cons
health care
Great place to work if you can stay on.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 5, 2018
I guess with me coming on at the peak season or around Christmas it was temp. I wish I could have stayed on. I loved the pace I worked at. Fast pace for me is nice.

Want to know more about United States Postal Service?

Ask a question
Fast Work Past
Pse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 4, 2018
Fast work past, have to make sure packages and mail is sent out on time. Very Stressful at times but the pay is very good. Hated when they called over time cause than you have to work like 10-11 hrs a day.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overtime
hard work lots of moving around
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNFebruary 2, 2018
Start time normally at 4AM work until around 9AM return at 11AM until 2:30PM. My hours are now being reduced to around 25 per week.

Sort packages and mail to the designated carrier routes,

Over all I enjoy working for USPS my position does not have retirement or company included medical benifits.
Pros
good exercise
Cons
working hours
Long hours ad disrespect
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAFebruary 1, 2018
The office I worked in had very poor management and a supervisor that did not care about you much. Worked us 6 days a week and sometime 10 or 11 hours a week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits for PSE positions
Its the Post Office
PSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2018
Great place work, high paced and if youre a hard worker youll do just fine. I was a pse clerk so you come in and you work everwhere they place you for the time.
Good pay makes it worth it
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Good job with good pay, most days are easy unless its peak season. Management is eh, different supervisors often tell you different things. If you have good attendance and do your job well you should have no problems.
Busy work place
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 31, 2018
This is a non-stop working environment makes time fly. If you want to make lots of overtime this is definitely the place. Open 24 hrs. a day 52 weeks a year.
Pros
Has a swing room and lots of overtime
Cons
short breaks
Unprofessional Management Staff
USPS, I served as a PSE Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAJanuary 31, 2018
Management is vengeful and nasty. Management at the Burke facility needs leadership development coaching and training. To be disrespectful to members of your staff, is highly unprofessional.
Great Job once you've become a regular.
PSE- Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 30, 2018
USPS is a simple straight forward job. Although management in my opinion was not all that great since they did not know what was going on half of the time, the wages there are very fair and the hours are fair dependent on incoming mail volume.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
poor management
What I liked most about the Post Office
PSE Sales and Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJanuary 29, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with mailing packages and questions about that or their mail service. I also enjoyed the other employess that I worked with there
Pros
pay was good
Cons
stressful and unappreciated
dont have a they look for ways to let you go
Holiday Employee - PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 29, 2018
on time clock they work you like dogs and blame you when equipment breaks down forced overtime some days, and make you go home early on others change the time you come in each day
Pros
Cons
work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K