United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Postal Clerk

The work is beginning to be too much
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 22, 2018
The boxes are become too heavy for me to lift and the work hours seeming to become too much for me and I'm trying to attend college at the same time. It is going on 7months that I'm only receiving 1 day off a week. We have to work 20 hours to get 1hour of annual but need at least 8 hours of annual to take off work.
Work day at the post Office
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAMay 22, 2018
label, and route sorted mail to designated areas depending on destinations and according to established procedures and deadlines.
• Distribute incoming mail into the correct boxes or pigeonholes.
• Search directories to find correct addresses for redirected mail.
ok place to work
PSE Clerk @ Processing Plant (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVMay 22, 2018
This place is ok but does show favoritism. I have not had more than 1 day off a week since I started 6 months ago. This job is very demanding and physical.
Work a lot
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKMay 17, 2018
I love working for the United States Postal Service, but you don't have a life outside of work! Your life is the Post Office no family time at all! If you are NOT career....Health Insurance is HIGH $$$$!!!
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
no family time
Long hours and few opportunities to advance
POSTAL SUPPORT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARMay 16, 2018
Typical day, show up early and be expected to memorize every address for over 27,000 possibilities. Throw heavy bundles into a wide variety of locations and then be expected to work at veterans pace, but don't ask questions because they already told you once. If people are having a bad day they will become unresponsive to any of your inquiries (keep in mind this is your probationary period). Show up every day for 10 days including Sunday where other workers walk out because they are fed up and be expected to learn the job of someone who works over you without any formal training because they don't want to come in on their day off when their counter part walked off or got promoted out of the job.
Cons
short breaks, hostile coworkers, work long hours during holidays, antiquated gear
Pse Clerk
Pse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2018
As a pse clerk on holiday pay I was required to work the holidays. I was there for postal support. What that means is my job was to help fill in when people called off, became sick and etc. I was there to fill the space to keep the company going.
Good government job
Postal Clerk/Carrier, Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMay 16, 2018
There are a few things on the management level that could be changed to improve effectiveness and boost morale. Overall, it's a great place to work. The pay is decent and training is ongoing.
Very physical
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 16, 2018
I worked in a sorting facility, overnight. A typical day consisted of manual or machinery sorting of mail. Any of which, on the shift I worked with the manager I had, you were watched like a hawk and harassed for anything and everything. Very fast paced and physical. I would not go back.
Working for the United States Post Office is a very unique experience.
United States Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 12, 2018
I provide Customer Service and mail distribution services for the United States Postal Service. The U.S. Postal Service Distribution Service offers a very fast paced environment. Team work among postal distribution clerks contributes to meeting required deadlines. The schedule however changes constantly, however.
Pros
Pay scale
Cons
Schedule
Very busy location
PSE Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 11, 2018
seasonal position it was wonderful I got to meet a lot of new people it was an experience. I worked in the Christmas building and then went over to main Usps building got to see where everything is
Pros
money was good
Cons
team players
N/a
Postal Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 8, 2018
Good Experience, nice employees and service to work for. I enjoyed working early am hours, and the pay was great. Would consider employment in a smaller office.
Wallingford Post Office
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 6, 2018
I've worked for a season in this location and I found it to be one of the best places I've worked before. I found most of my peers to be courteous and knowledgeable. My supervisor was fantastic, and stills confidence at all times, as well as most the other supervisors. I would recommend The Wallingford Plant for my best friend.
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 4, 2018
Save yourself the headache and don't apply. They do not treat their employees correctly and your training is a basically sink or swim situation. The job is uncertain until you make it as a career employee.
Discrimination all around the board point blank!!!
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 2, 2018
This company hires felony literally!! And discriminate against people who have misdemeanor that are well over 15 years old if you are of color don’t even bother applying in the oshkosh, neenah, or greenbay area they will find a reason to not give you the job!!
Cons
It was a job that provided security in finances
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 1, 2018
While the money was great and the job wasn't hard, it was a lot of work and management was not very understanding to health or personal issues. I would go back if I was physically able to, it was not a bad career choice.
POSTAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kewaskum WIApril 27, 2018
I found the Post Office a great place to work at. There was always a team effort involved at every level and a more than willingness to help out. Only draw back was the split shifts. I would start at 5am work till 9am and then have to come back at 2pm and work till 530. But otherawise i enjoyed the job and dealing with people everyday, got to know many people personally
Pros
great work place
Cons
split shifts
pse
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Joy, ILApril 27, 2018
The hardest part of my job is helping individuals with finding a solution to the problem they have at a time. Sometimes the solution is the easiest part of the problem and other times its not. But when I get the problem fixed and solved it makes my day.
Busy,productive daily workforce
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 27, 2018
The day consisted of setting up mail for the days delivery.Packing it up n going out on the route and delivering all mail.When I became a window clerk,I processed passports,cashed and sold money orders and stamps.Assisted customers at the window
If you have a family don’t apply
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2018
Overworked. The post office overworks you to the point you’re hurt and plain tired. Your body gets exhausted and you can’t focus. If you have children you won’t be able to spend time with any of them. You will work 6 days a week and 12 hour days. Your day will basically be gone. The money is okay but it isn’t worth it sometimes because you can’t enjoy the fruits of your labor when you live at the post office.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else.
Good start to a career
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2018
Government job with government vibes. The people are often diverse and interesting, but the job will become monotonous. The management is usually sound, but the incentive to advance is lacking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K