United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Postal Clerk

Stressful place to work.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 15, 2018
I was a package handler at the postal service, there were so much mail in one day that it was pass on to the next day. The vendor's included Amazon, FedEx, UPS, etc..
Pros
Cons
Hard work.
Youre just another number .
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 15, 2018
The company has so many things wring with it. The Union is amazing and protects the workers. The management are underpaid power hungry employees who continue the hamster cycle.
Mail Clerk
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
I love my job, we had a time frame to meet our productivity quote, we work as a team with other station mates, we had to receive incoming & outgoing mail
Pros
Great
Stressful environment
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 14, 2018
Poor management style and leadership. Little or no training. Severely under staffed. Constant fast-paced, stressful environment. Expected to work six days per week, no less than ten hour shifts. Fast burn-out, high turnover.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
toxic atmosphere
lack of professionalism
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2018
I'm not here to speak badly of this company but in the near future manager need a lot of improvement in leadership. Great workplace as for as pay and benefits. Management need to focus more on scheduling and production than rather coworker's personal attire(suitable to wear).
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
lack of professionalism
Good Company
POSTAL SUPPORT HOLIDAY CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2018
Holiday work, long hours, great pay, good people, learned a lot, fast paced, manual labor, great for the holiday, good perks, and benefits. room for growth
Pros
good pay
Cons
Holiday Work
The USPS is a great place to work.
post master relief, PSE clerk (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 7, 2018
The USPS is a great place to work. I started off working for the USPS as a entry level employee. And my career was advanced to a management position. Within the USPS there is a huge room for advancement and growth.The USPS is the hardest working people. The USPS likes to promote their employees. I would highly recommend working for the USPS,because they care about their employees. It has been an honor to work for the USPS.
Pros
great supervisors, advancement, good compensation
Cons
it can be long hours, but there are great rewards
Team work at its best.
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 6, 2018
I loved that everyone knew what part they played in the work that had to get done. Everyone worked together. Overall it is a great environment to work in.
postal work
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Durango, COAugust 2, 2018
The United States Postal Service is a tough place to work. You have to be a special person to work there. Long hours and forced overtime make for a stressful work environment.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
stressfull
favoritism and inconsistency in the schedule
Postal Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vincentown, NJAugust 2, 2018
too much of favoritism, overworked good people while the favored one do nothing.. lack of benefits for years, feels like you still on probation for years because of lack of benefits. Never know if you will
work 8 hours or two every day.
Pros
equal employment opportunities
Cons
favoritism
Poor place to work for a PSE
PSE Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 1, 2018
Very long hours! so long that I had no time for anything besides going home to eat, then sleep, and start all over again. The supervisors don't care about you, or that you have a family/life. They sit all day long, and sometimes you don't even see them at all for days! The main manager comes in maybe once a month, doesn't even know your name and honestly does not care. Horrible work culture as everyone is gossiping or competing for days to work, schedules, and for PSE's a competition to get full time (Which in my area was never possible). Glad I quit.
Pros
Cons
hardly any days off, poor pay, no benefits, no position guaranteed
Only the bad workers advance
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 1, 2018
The pay is utterly fantastic but because of the union people who couldn't do their jobs end up in management positions so it's entirely run by a bunch of incompetents.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Terrible Management
Not good
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJAugust 1, 2018
Not good need new management they do not know how to talk to people they have they favorites I’m when the big boss come out hey make everything seem good when it’s not
Pros
Free lunch
postal
pse warehouse mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 1, 2018
It is not what i expected, I loved my job but management really treated us like we were nothing.The good workers got the bad end of it. My health was an indicator for me being harassed by multiple supervisors.
Management was not good
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 31, 2018
Management was very bad
But I loved working for the post office and as Soon as I can get hired full-time I will be very happy
Great job security
Love to work for United States government
Pros
Job security
Cons
Very competitive
Fun job, A lot of lifting, crazy hours
PSE Clerk, part time (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 30, 2018
I loved the Post Office, but was part time with no benefits. During Christmas Season, which was about 3 months, I worked 10-12 hours with a 3 hour split shift. You worked 10 days straight before you got a day off. By the time you got a day off, all you want to do is sleep on your day off. When the Christmas rush is over you might drop down to 12-20 hours per week. This job began at 3 am and you might transfer from 2-3 work locations per day. Sunday’s were Amazon days which were usually always 12 hours. I eventually was moved to the plant to work. It was second shift working 10-12 hours 6 days a week. I LOVED THE WORK, but people are always bidding on jobs and moving around. You’re not just at one job until you decide to retire and there’s absolutely no time for family, especially if you have small kids. IF THE POST OFFICE WOULD HAVE A SET SCHEDULE OF 5 days a week or four 10 hour days, people would be more willing to work. I think most people suffer through it for benefits.
Pros
Great benefits for full time
Cons
Crazy hours for part time, schedule changes constantly, Plant and PSE Clerks work Holidays
Productive and Work Ethics were visible
Postal Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orocovis Municipio, PRJuly 29, 2018
Working at the United States Postal Service kept me motivated and looking for advancement within the organization. It gave me the confidence of applying for a federal job that was in the military.
Pros
Excellent working areas and working platform
Cons
Was distant from my house
Good
Postal worker (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 29, 2018
Worked as a casual did not have benefits. Loved the pay, the employees and supervisor. Would go back but the place closed it's doors. I worked in the processing and distribution center on 3rd shift
Productive but hours were hard to work around.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJuly 28, 2018
Being a single mom the hours got very difficult to do because one day I could work split shifts going in from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. then back in from 3:30p.m to 5:30p.m., then the next day would be an over night shift. I loved the work environment it just would've been easier with set hours.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Hours were not steady
busy, busy all the time.
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAJuly 27, 2018
A typical day at work with the postal service would be starting by scanning boxes and letters at 4am and have all the mail scanned by 7:30 to be ready for the mail man to load it in his truck.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K