United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Mail Handler

Benefits are decent and they offer alot of overtime.
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 17, 2018
The job is very repetitive. Same people in small plant. Most of the jobs are overnight. The managers are incompetent, rude and will make you go "postal",literally.
Pros
offer alot of overtime
Cons
most the jobs are overnight
fun place to work at but being a seasonal cep means your the bull!
Casual mail handler (Former Employee) –  orlando flSeptember 15, 2018
which was fine with me I killed my self for 30 days straight, I was told they will keep the best of the best out of 30 seasonal they kept one. smh no clue why they had to lie.
not a happy place to be
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  W Sacramento, CA 95799September 14, 2018
I hated it there, the management sucks! Its all about who can mess with who & if you do not you will be walked out. They have individuals with NO experience being supervisors have no clue what they are doing!
Pros
pay
Cons
not a nice place
Good job
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 13, 2018
good place to work. you meet a lot of interesting people and learn how the mail process actually works. Can be stressful during holidays, but overall not a bad place to work
Pros
learn to work in groups together
Cons
hours during holidays can be stressful
Safe place to work
Mail Handler ,Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2018
The work place was a safe one & classes were given very often .The work was hard but we worked smarter not harder. I spent thirty years there and felt it was time to move on.
Pros
Steady work no lay offs .
Cons
Sometimes the work wa heavy
productive and fast paced work enviroment
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2018
This is a fast paced work environment. The mail must be delivered through rain,sleet,or snow and they mean that. they offer paid training and a uniform allowance after 90 day probation period.
USPS is good but there are cons
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2018
The post office is a great place to work if you can handle being supervised by people that barely know what they’re doing. It’s an easy job with the only hard part being that you have to go to work. They offer overtime & holiday pay.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Management doesn’t listen
Horrible Management
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2018
The work is easy but management creates a horrible work environment. Everyone only cares about themselves in a job where teamwork is necessary. Lots of underhanded, ill willed people, employees and management.
Fast pace
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2018
Good job help send my son to school . Great 401k plan friendly workers. Plenty of overtime if you want it. Fast pace. Easy to advance. 30 min. Lunch breaks. Can be a little stressful at times.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I enjoyed working with all of the employees.
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDSeptember 6, 2018
This was a temporary job that I enjoyed working at. I did not receive and benefits because it was temporary. The people I worked with from other employees to management were great to work with.
Pros
Employees
Cons
The fact that it was only temporary work.
i worked the grave yard shift .
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 6, 2018
I only worked a few days here. I just had surgery done on both of my elbows so I wasn't really here for a long period of time. i think i rushed back into to the working field to soon after my surgery.
Pros
i have none
Cons
only the shift i was on .
physical labor
Mail Handlers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2018
The position i was in required a lot of physical labor, lifting, moving equipment, bending, walking, etc. And starting positions are "flexible" meaning they can move you around from departments as well as shifts, and can be mandated for overtime.
Pros
if you can stay long enough the careers get well paid with good benefits
Cons
starting salary and benefits are very low and position/shift can change
Good start
PSE MAIL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 5, 2018
Okay place to work. My recommendation is be sure to join the union they have in place and make sure to talk to your union reps and president and have their IMMEDIATE phone numbers on hand. know what all the policies are and keep copies of it for references and do your best to work as a PSE at the local locations not the Plant locations.
Usps
Mail handler(seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19116September 4, 2018
Working for USPS is a great oppurtunity. flexible hours and a competitive rate whatever posistion you get hired for. Hardest part about the job are the long shifts.
Don't believe what you hear.
MAIL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 3, 2018
I made full-time career very fast with USPS and was looking forward to a long career. The facility I was in was full of very bad managers that had zero integrity which is one of the main questions they ask in the management interview "What is integrity to you?". They did everything in their power to discipline and punish employees without it looking like retaliation. They were cold and brutal and scream and yell all the time. The Salt Lake facility, in particular, is awful either the GMF or ASF. I have friends still there that complain daily on how miserable they are but are afraid they won't be able to find a new job thank god I got out when I did I wasted 4 years and got nothing out of it except some health problems from walking 21mils a day sometimes around on concrete floors in a 450k sqft building. The pay is only good if you are working 7 days a week 12hrs a day. other than that it starts at just over 15 an hr. it takes 14 years to cap out at 27 an hr. My new job started me at 23 and I don't dread work and the management. Don't Work here unless you don't love your family or want to see your kids grow up. If you don't care, by all means, the benefits are decent but that's about it. BTW the overtime is mandatory and there is a one-year probation where you can't miss a day of work and after that year there is a chance you will do another one just to make career. and before your career, they can cut your hours to as low as 30 a week.
Pros
Benefits I guess...??
Cons
hostile work environment, bad hours, bad management
Great place to work!
Mail Processing Handler and Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GA 30286August 31, 2018
The hours and days that I worked didn't work out for me because I was driving 90 minutes one way to get to work. I decided to go back to school and finish my degree.
Benefits
Cons
Work days (6/wk) only 36 hours total
na
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
i don't really have much to say about this Job other than Ive been here five years and it went from decent to bad. This is a good opportunity for young adults
Great American Institution
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 30, 2018
Great place to work for job security and benefits. Also working with diverse people of all backgrounds provides a great learning experience cultural differences and similarities.
Pros
Great place to work for job security and benefits.
Cons
Very fast pace and demanding
What I learned
Casual Mail Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2018
How complex the mailing system is. I have a better understanding on how the mail is distributed throughout the city. the hardest part of the job is learning all the different zip codes.
Pros
The work environment was great
Cons
No cons
Career
Casual Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  3200 West Palm Beach FLAugust 27, 2018
Working at the post office was and is amazing and I would recommend the job to anyone who wants to better themselves. Especially for Military Veterans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K