United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Mail Handler

Found 2,105 reviews matching the search See all 17,647 reviews
Usps
Mail Handler Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2018
A typical day at the Saint Louis downtown Postal Service would involve sorting mail, transporting mail and loading or unloading mail trucks within a 10 to 12 hour work shift.
Very fast paced
Mail Handler Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 11, 2018
Working here i. The post office showed that i can work at a very fast pace while being very accurate. Also it showed me even though it can be stressful that is whwn i worl my best
Pros
Free lunch
Terrible Experience
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDNovember 9, 2018
Just say I would never go back. Poor management. No organization. No job training they just throw you right into the job. Always shorthanded. No life.
fast pace
Processing Clerk/Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2018
stressful place, work all weekends and holidays, people dont work together or get along. I meet some good people though that became a friend after job ended. Hardest thing not enjoying holidays with my family
Pros
work easy ABC - 123
Cons
people not working together to get job done
Productive and fun place, plenty of overtime during holiday times.
Mail Handler/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 7, 2018
Overall, I really liked this job. There was plenty of overtime, I made some great friends and learned a lot about the operations of a busy mail processing plant. I would have stayed if I could even took the Postal exams and passed it.
Pros
benefits, holidays
Cons
Test availability
nice temporary job and nice money for holiday
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 7, 2018
10-12 hours a day . nice pay and extra money for the holidays. management was fine. diverse work environment. the hardest part was the mandatory overtime, but the enjoyable part was the money
Fast Pace
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJNovember 6, 2018
Mailing handler as fast pace for first class every two times a week. It was stressful with a lot of bundles of magazines and letters. Plus cut hours.
Pros
Causal outfit
Cons
15 mintunes break with no lunch hours
Loads of Overtime so you make good money
MAIL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 6, 2018
Management is stressful to the point where you consider options that could result in you losing your job. The people will also not smile and tell on you bc you're the new person.
working for usps
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 5, 2018
Working at the US post office is something you really should look into before you decide to do it. its long hours, lots of hard work, and barely any time off for at least the first 2 years there.
Pros
experience
Cons
long hours, no time off, stressful
Great job
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2018
My time at the post office was a great learning experience. The job helped my learn how the shipping of packages process works. I was able to meet great people and make good money in my short time there.
Stayed busy therefore made the day go by quick
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63103November 2, 2018
All out good company to work for. definitely job security. I worked around a whole bunch of great people so that definitely helped. I cannot say anything bad about the US Poastal Service
Good job at the end of the day....
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 30, 2018
With this job you expect to work long hours some days and its hard to do with a second job...
The hard part of this job is working with lazy people for long hours...
Pros
More hours more money
Cons
Working with lazy people
Productive and nice worked place
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoOctober 30, 2018
It is the best place where you have worked. They promote teamwork and employee safety is paramount. they care about the satisfaction of both the client and the work team. a good salary.
Good job if you don’t have a family
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 29, 2018
Was a great job when I first started, but as I got older and started to have children and build my family the empathy wasn’t there and wanted you back right away after having a baby. The managers did have favorites and would cater to them first before the rest of the staff. Very hostile work environment. Everybody is either in your personal business or trying to get into it. Lot of unnecessary relationships that effect everyone, kinda reminds you of high school. Pay was good, they offer overtime which is great too. The work load was hard especially if you have young children because there is not enough hours in the day for the sleep that you will need when your done with your shift. I was on the overnight shift from the moment I started and when I would try to advance or get a different schedule, either management was cracking down on giving their employees what they need or you had somebody with higher seniority taking the job. Even with my 13 years I couldn’t change or get anything, so I decided to move on. Great benefits though. If your young and looking to start a good career then I recommend working for them.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, overtime
Cons
Heavy workload, favoritism, hostile work environment
Good and Bad
Maintence/Clerk/Mailhandler (Current Employee) –  State College, PAOctober 28, 2018
Like most anywhere else - there were good things and bad things about working at the post office - I worked at a very busy college town post office and there was a lot happening each day
decent
Mail Handler/Union Steward (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 28, 2018
It's decent compared to other businesses such us corporations. The pay is reasonable and there are many benefits lacking in other industrial companies.
benefits
Okay company
Mail Handler Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2018
The USPS was a cool experience though the Management can take an etiquette class or two. Overall I would say that I would recommend working at the Untied States Postal Service
Not the best by any means
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 26, 2018
Managers don't communicate. Favoritism/seniority is the name of the game. If your new managers make you do more work then those who been there longer.
Pros
The union
Cons
Almost everything
Horrible Management
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Incompetent management and no room for growth or advancement. The work force are not fairly compensated for the amount of work that is done. Tough working conditions.
This was and is the best job i ever had. Wish i could get back in with them. Much older now and know the advancement i could acquire from this company
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  2000 Westchester ave White PLains, New York 10610October 24, 2018
When I worked for the postal service I was a mail handler. I was responsible for the rest of the mail entering the building. I was a cart driver, and an occasional 204B, this is an assistant supervisor for when regular supervisors where not there.
Pros
All benefits.
Cons
Late and overnights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K