United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Mail Handler

Postal Service.
Seasonal, Casual Mail handler (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 13, 2017
The security of this job is what I loved the most. The pay checks were incredible. Having kids is definitely not cheap or easy... this job totally helped with all of that
Poor Management
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 13, 2017
USPS would be an awesome place to work if management knew and respected the employees there. MDO's are rude and disrespectful. They will not work with you at all when you have a life changing event happen in your life. They do not care about their employees and if they make it to work or not.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Poor Management, schedules
Working at the post office was very stressful
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2017
Working there was very stressful, management expected employees to work without end. No matter what the weather or situation, employees were expected to perform at the same speed no matter what. I loved carrying the mail but did not like having to continue working past my 8 hour shift until all the mail was done. That took sometimes all day until late in the evening. There were not really times to take breaks besides taking a few bites off of a protein bar.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no family life
handeling and delivering mail and articles in a timely fashion
Mail Handler/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJDecember 12, 2017
My duties included the safety and delivery of all mail and articles that came through the building. I learned different zip codes and what each form was in the postal service. The management was hard they stood over you to ensure your doing the job correctly. The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy trays and moving them out as quickly and safely as possible.
Pros
the breaks in between
Cons
no benefits
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
The pay is ok. The place is not that bad at all. A lot of lazy people. Nice cool environment and some cool people also. The paychecks are nice with a little ot
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Na
Great Job
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Reading, MADecember 12, 2017
Like the job faced paced unfortunately it just didn't work with my families hours and I was injured outside of work that caused me to rethink my employment. However if under different circumstances I would have stayed.
Slow-paced
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 12, 2017
This job was very stressful and slow-paced. YOu worked long hours. The management was not all that good. The co workers were not friendly at all. They were not flexible with time at all
Productive and fun
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 11, 2017
mail carrier and as a mail carrier it was my responsability and duty to make sure that customer received their mail on time and received excellent customer service
Productive job
clerk/mailhandler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 11, 2017
Must have a lot of spare time cause they have very long hours up to 14 hours a day. Also can work up to 10 days in a row with two days off but not back to back they split the off days compensation is very good
Union Job
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CADecember 11, 2017
It's a union job with the pros and cons that come with it. They can't lay you off and it's really hard to get fired. This means that your coworkers are unmotivated and low quality but you have great job security. Good benefits 5% 401K matching. 13 days paid vacation to start. Low stress. Working a graveyard shift is no fun. Promotions from the inside provide career advancement but this also means managers are low skill.
Pros
401K matching 5%
Cons
Night shift
Great Place to work.
Mail Handler/Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2017
The pay is good but the hours are stressful, especially if you have kids. The work is easy but plentiful. There are nice sized break rooms and restrooms. Its basically what YOU make of it.
Horrible Work Place
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2017
Everyone was not treated the same and very unprofessional there. We were treated like slaves. I got hurt on the job multiple times and didn't receive workers comp. and didn't pay me a dime. They force you to take their health insurance.
Cons
Fast paced but easy work.
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 9, 2017
During the holidays, the Post Office is crazy. It makes for a busy, fast paced environment, but it also makes time fly. The only bad thing is it is temporary.
Pros
Steady, easy work
Cons
Your stay may only cover the holiday
Poor management long hours
Mail handler (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 8, 2017
A very stressful place to work u never get to see your family and you have to work long hours the management is terrible the managers treat u bad they don't work with you on scheduling
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Long hours 6days. A week
Fast pased job using my hands
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 7, 2017
This job was right up my ally because I was moving fast paced for 8-12 hours, so it helped time go by faster. I was constantly moving and working under a time sensitive operation.
Pros
Opportunity for career advancement if I stayed longer
Cons
Strenuous work, standing for the entire shift.
great
MAIL HANDLER/PSE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 7, 2017
typical day is long hours. I learned the different aspects of the post office. the management was fine at points and difficult at the same time. the hardest part is lifting the heavy sacks of mail.
Great
Casual Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 7, 2017
Great experience. I wish I would work here full-time. I enjoyed the work and my co-workers. The location was fine and everyone was very helpful on the job.
Physically Demanding but fun
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 6, 2017
I loved my job, learned a lot of new things,made lots of friends, supervisors were very helpful and understanding. Work was simple but physically demanding.
Pros
good pay, fulltime hours casual environment, lifetime benefits
Cons
poor work life balance
Not ideal
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLDecember 4, 2017
Would not recommend seeking job depending on prior work experience. Pay can be good if you work a ton of overtime. Managers are clueless. Not a team effort environment.
Pros
schedule
Cons
growth
fast paced
Mail Handler/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILDecember 4, 2017
good employer to work for and I would recommend it to my family and friends, The benefits are very good and the staff is friendly and are very good team members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.