United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Clerk

Physically demanding!!
P.S.E. Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 24, 2018
Nice job if you can physically keep it over years!
Great pay!!
Shifts are at the luck of the draw!!
One mistake and you're gone forever. They say they will rehire but, I didn't experience this quote!!
Pros
Benefit Package!!
Cons
Physically draining!!
Decent pay
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Monroe, CTFebruary 22, 2018
This job allows you to start out with above minimum wage hourly pay and provides experience with customer service. Typical days consist of unloading trucks, sorting, and staging mail. The hardest part of the job is the physical demand that comes with sorting the mail.
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MDFebruary 20, 2018
Was responsible for accepting and sorting overnight package deliveries to be sent out the next day. Management was great and was there to answer any questions I might have had.
Youwould probably go Postal
Window Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Its nice to experience everything once , I did lose weight and keep it off however I started work at 5 am and left at 6 I enjoyed the work culture but management was unfair with duties all the time.
I love my job and I am a very productive worker
Window Clerk (Current Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 17, 2018
I love my job and I am a productive worker. I made the customers feel at ease. I received the most 100% survey and rewards for them. And the customers would pass their post office to come to the one I work at. They would tell me it's hard to come across a good Clerk like me. Always friendly and very helpful. I worked back and forth from Valparaiso to Munster. I enjoyed Munster but the management in Valparaiso made it hard for me to want to work there.
Good place to work.
PTF Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hydro, OKFebruary 17, 2018
Although the job is fast paced and sometimes very stressful, it is worth the benefits! Has great insurance plans and pretty good retirement plans available.
Benefits
Cons
Weird hours sometimes
Great work environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 15, 2018
At the Little Rock station, you have to work hard to get recognition. Managers are helpful in making sure you have information. The post office is a busy yet rewarding job! Good benefits and make sure to sign up for the Union!
Pros
Pay, benefits and great coworkers
Cons
Stability hours
Hate it
CLERK (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Very stressful . As a pse you have no life . Management doesn’t care about anything other than getting the mail out. Save yourself the headache. Look elsewhere
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Friendly people to work with
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2018
I served in the military and I got yelled at more at the USPS more than I did in boot camp. The only thing that kept me there was the people I worked with. The hardest part of my job was the constant lifting of the mail which weighed around 30 lbs repetitiously.
Pros
Take breaks
Cons
No contact to the outside world.
Not a good place to work if you do not want a life outside of work
Window Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 14, 2018
When people would call in, I was expected to work past my normal hours. Every week this occurred. The other employees that were calling in every week did not have any discipline. Treated very poorly here, especially when trying to ask for time off..
Pros
Pay
Cons
No life, always tired
I loved working there and the customers were great.
PMR/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, KSFebruary 13, 2018
Cleaning Lobby
Answering Questions
Answering Phone calls
Training others
Pros
Fun if you like to work by yourself
Cons
Lonely
Fair pay for expected work.
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Unlike many jobs in Fort Myers Fl, the pay is fair and comparable to the level and quality of work expected. Also, benefits are offered to both career and non-career employees.
Great Experience
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILFebruary 10, 2018
I worked for the post office for 6 weeks as a holiday clerk assistant and i loved it. Very busy and face paced but not over powering. The managers were awesome as well as my coworkers. I had the opportunity to work more than 50 hours a week due to holiday season. The pay is good and i would love to get a permanent position at USPS.
Pros
over time, very collaborative, great hours
Cons
can be bad if you are a person who can't stand all day
Busy
HOLIDAY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 10, 2018
Lots of packages coming in during the holiday. There was a time requirement to get the packages sorted and out to the appropriate characters. It was s very physical job but the folks I worked with were a really good team. Everyone supported each other.
Seasonal
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDFebruary 9, 2018
Unloaded trays of mail to rural routes and city route. Filled PO Box for patrons. Scanned all packages and place them in city and rural route carts for delivery.
Pros
Pay
Cons
shifts
Not good as temporary worker without union
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 9, 2018
I worked a total of 6 weeks from Nov.27th-Jan.5th holiday work only. It was so fast paced it was unbelievably hectic at times. It would go from total calm to a complete nightmare in a heart beat. Little or no breaks were allowed sometimes for 10hrs. Even tho' clearly in the training they said we were allowed 15 min. breaks every 2 hrs. and a 1/2hr. lunch after 6hrs. I was never given that opportunity in fact scolded for taking a 10min. break getting a drink in my car. The only breaks they took were at the complete end of shift or if a truck didn't show up due to bad weather or a break down. Then came the best part. They promised me compensation for hotel room and expenses mileage etc. That was like pulling teeth. First they told me I would have to check my email. That was a lie. I had to sit down and physically sign up for the compensation with the Postmaster. That was done 3-4 weeks after my 1st day. I was never fully paid completely until February 8th when my last day was Jan.5th. The hotel and expenses was something that occurred in Nov.27&28th and that was not reimbursed until February as well. DO NOT WORK as temporary/Holiday help for the U.S.P.S.!!!
Pros
Possible permanent positions if you can cope with adversity.
Cons
Bi-weekly pay, sometimes no pay for weeks, little or no breaks.
clerk
PTF Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Highlands, NJFebruary 9, 2018
Being a clerk really isn't a hard job. How ever dealing with the public can be a challenge. Also management isn't the best, they under staff making it harder for everyone else. But the pay isn't bad, the best you can do is stick it out, do your job and go home.
Pros
pay is good, over time opportunities
Cons
under staffed, poor management, have to work weekends
Worst place to work
CLERK (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Stressful, rude, no place for advancement, very combative, poorly management, on going harassment, and fights. The post office is a place full of drama and chaos. The allow employees to fight, and harass each other. Management is rude to employees and customers also.
Pros
decent pay for someone who has a high school level education
Cons
fights, harassment, poorly managed, drama, chaos
Stressfree work environment.active work place
Holiday Clerk (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I give the post office job a Five star review.A quick pace wotk environment with plenty to do. Very friendly and helpful coworkers and management who were always willing to help you improve and learn more
fast paced
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Everyone is very helpful. Long hours. Very Fast paced work area. The hardest part of the job is heavy lifting and long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K