United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Found 17,623 reviews matching the search See all 17,626 reviews
Long term employment
Business Service Network Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2018
The Business Services Network works closely with the Sales and Marketing Team, cross-selling for products and services.

The USPS gave me the opportunity to move up through the Marketing Division and work with the BSN.

The BSN is a great place to touch the lives of customers and be a part of the solutions to retain business.
Pros
Flex hours, great benefits
Cons
With recent changes within the Post Office, the lines are blurred between the duties of Sales and Marketing and the Business Service Network
Opportunities for advancement
Writer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2018
Working at USPS HQ was stressful and highly competitive.

Work at USPS HQ was very rewarding, but required long hours and
a total commitment to the job.

I felt a sense of accomplishment when my work was recognized as an integral part of the company's mission.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Long hours, total commitment required
My situation was a bit unusual...
City Carrier (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2018
I was lucky. I had genuinely good managers and bosses, who were entirely supportive of my attending law school in the evenings while delivering mail during the days. The job is fast-paced and potentially stressful under different circumstances.
Pros
Being out and about all day, working on your own.
Cons
Company culture and management, potentially.
nice temporary job and nice money for holiday
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 7, 2018
10-12 hours a day . nice pay and extra money for the holidays. management was fine. diverse work environment. the hardest part was the mandatory overtime, but the enjoyable part was the money
Im a very outgoing person so I really enjoyed interacting with my customers on a daily basis. Best bunch of people ever!
City Carrier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
It's a very stressful and demanding job. The whole process of the United States Postal Service has changed drastically since I started in 1999. They have let the customer service aspect fade away in the process of competing for a dollar and I don't agree with that at all.
Pros
Good benefits and meeting wonderful people
Cons
Expected to do too much anymore in the same allotted time;
Productive and fast paced setting
Mail processing clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
Sort mail by zip code, name, and address. i liked that we was fast paced and structured. It was very easy to catch on and understand the process. As well as management was always there if we needed anything.
Non-career clerk
USPS Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cadiz, KYNovember 7, 2018
Hired to work part-time, actually worked 6 days per week and sometimes made to come in on Sundays to receive Amazon. Worked Monday through Saturday and worked a split shift from 4am-11am and then back at 3pm-5pm. Got paid a good wage but working 6 days a week with a split shift didn't allow for any weekends off and working the day before and or after a holiday just sucked.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Hours, split shift, weekends, management, large quantity of packages
Great job
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 7, 2018
The post office is great job to be in. You can retire from this job. Theres Awesome benefits. The training is exactly how the job is. They make sure your prepared and ready to work
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Work in snow storm too
Mail carrier position
City Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 7, 2018
a typical day as a mail carrier was good
working with the people in the community
Days off good
paid holidays
worked a lot of over time
good 401k
Pros
people
Cons
hours
Secure job with good benefits
Revenue Protection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 7, 2018
USPS was my employer for my 32 year career. It was a demanding job, but the workplace environment was good, and the pay and benefits offered were excellent.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
stressful at times.
This job sucks
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Mattapan, MANovember 7, 2018
Don’t get paid enough to almost loosing your life or getting robbed.have to work in all types of weather don’t care about are well beings or safety.they over their employees and a lot of favoritism
pretty good place
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 7, 2018
Start the shift off at different times of the day. Set out to deliver mail and other items. drive anything from a 2 ton truck to a small vehicle that belongs to the post office.
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 6, 2018
very enjoyable and friendly place to work at. the management and workers are incredible to work with. Professionally, it was a honor to work for trinitech consulting inc.
Pros
many paid holidays
Cons
not enough workers
Fast Pace
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJNovember 6, 2018
Mailing handler as fast pace for first class every two times a week. It was stressful with a lot of bundles of magazines and letters. Plus cut hours.
Pros
Causal outfit
Cons
15 mintunes break with no lunch hours
a good place to work
USPS Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 6, 2018
a job you can make a nice living a take care off yo family good pay good environment I just love this job so much I wish I. could work there again had
One of the best teams of people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting
Rural Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 6, 2018
I work long hours, with no breaks doing manual labor in all types of weather. I learned to deliver the mail. I love my job, and the people I work with and for. The turnover rate is huge because people get really overwhelmed and expect that this is an easy job, it isn't. I have been here for four years and I am still waiting on a full time position with benefits. I may be waiting another 4 if I stay, I am unwilling to wait.
Great Benefits
Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2018
This is a very fast paced, demanding place to work as you are responsible for getting the mail and all packages delivered. There are multiple unions within the postal service, so you have to be familiar with each one and what can and can't be done during the workday. It is a very stressful you must be able to keep a good balance to handle the daily job. Must be able to work well with others and the general public as well.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Unions
Secure, but physically demanding
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 6, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed working at the post office. I worked as a carrier. The job is physically demanding and management has very little tolerance for the injured, even if it's caused by the job. Weather can be your friend or a great enemy. If you like being outdoors, its awesome. Michigan winters being the exception. USPS expects you to work with same agility in winter on ice as you do in the summer. so beware.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Cons
work load can be overwhelmingly physically taxing
Loads of Overtime so you make good money
MAIL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 6, 2018
Management is stressful to the point where you consider options that could result in you losing your job. The people will also not smile and tell on you bc you're the new person.
Always room to grow
Field Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 6, 2018
I continue to grow with my career. Most of the opportunities I have challenged myself to, have advanced me to another level. I will continue to do my best with pride and integrity past down by my mother and father.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
My commute to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K