United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work for the holidays unless you have experience
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2018
Employees were very verbal about their dislike for seasonal employees, especially if it meant them not getting overtime for their scheduled route because many had gotten used to the overtime due to USPS lack of hiring in the past.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Training
Productive, demanding, and quiet workplace.
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MIOctober 16, 2018
I wasn't given full time hours or benefits. I was also on call everyday and only guaranteed Saturday's. There wasn't any stability and I could possibly wait for years to become full time. I had a wonderful Post Master and all co-works were friendly.
Love my job
Usps mail carrier (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIOctober 16, 2018
It's hard work but the benefits of working by yourself is worth it.set your case. Hardest part of the job is learning what not to do . Anyway you have to teach yourself to case mail take your time and always remember there is another carrier in the same situation. I am a cca leaned everything on my own that's the hardest part. But now after 3 years it's all about getting through the day helping each other get the job done..
Pros
You are your own boss in the field
Cons
Time is not on your side
Management fudges the numbers to make themselves look good
LETTER CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Adel, GAOctober 16, 2018
The US Postal office is a crooked organization. The management is constantly fudging the numbers and allowing people to work off the clock before their shift, so the actual time it takes them to sort the mail is shortened and it results in less pay for the employees. I witnessed this on a daily basis. The status quo is maintained and actual mail volume exceeds the hours paid to the employees. If you file a grievance through the union, the postmaster is constantly harassing you and looking for a reason to discipline you. They'll target you until you either quit or transfer.
Pros
free Uniforms
Cons
Constant baby sitting and micro management of personnel.
Great Job to retire from
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2018
Postal Service provides great benefits and a great salary once you become a regular. However, the work/life balance is null and void. Also, the work take a major toll on you physically.
Great Job
City carrier assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2018
It was a great place for job experience. you had to be timely and make all deliveries. it was fast-paced but it paid quite well. only down side is that I did not have my own route so I was considered a full-time carrier even though I work over 50 hours a week.
The United States Postal Service has excellent advancement opportunities
Data Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILOctober 16, 2018
I appreciate the advancement opportunities the Postal Service allows their employers. However placement of job vacancies are sometimes promoted towards individuals based on affiliation and not their qualifications.
Good Company to work for
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 16, 2018
This is a great company to work for. I loved working for this company so much that I wanted to work full time. unfortunately it was only a seasonal job
Great company to work for.
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 16, 2018
I loved working at The United States Post Office for the opportunity to give great customer service and working independent of others as well as a great company with great benefits and an excellent career choice.
Beneficial job!
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2018
Easier to work here as time goes on! The hours all depend on the location u go to. If you have good memory, you’ll do well here. Staying to yourself will make it easy too.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, vacation
Cons
Poor management, toxic work environment
coworkers keep the job fun
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAOctober 15, 2018
fun and exciting place to work, but you must be strong and calm to deal with the stress of the workplace. your customers keep you going and give you appreciation
Pros
good benefits
Cons
takes to long to move up
Good benefits
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Potomac, MDOctober 15, 2018
It paid the bills. I was there for 22 years. I had to walk away. The union sucks.
I carried mail for 16 years and the went over to Managemen. The worst thing I could have ever done. I wanted to go back to carry mail they told me I could not. So I got tired of the mess and I quit with no hesitation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Managemen turns over to quickly
Very stressful and high demanding
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 15, 2018
Working with the Postal Service is a highly demanding job. Each week, I've worked a lot of hours. The postal service has terrible management who are rude not open minded. Overall, I've lost a lot of weight, worked long days with good pay.
Custodian/Laborer, United States Postal Service (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PAOctober 15, 2018
It is a good place to work - starting pay is a bit low, but does increase over time. I kept myself busy which allowed me to gain extra hours - just because I worked. If you do your job management will allow you to work independently. Just not enough pay to forge a living though benefits are very good.
Must make career position for benefits
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chase, LAOctober 15, 2018
Pay is the best! Hours are the worst. However, hours depend on how big the office is where you work. Some complain about too many hour, I complain about not enough (23 a week). Luckily the pay is great!
The post office is a decent place to work
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, moOctober 15, 2018
The United States post office is a decent place to work. Most upper management are older, so they really don’t relate to the younger employees. There is a Huge disconnect. Salary is decent, but could be higher based on cost of living and work environment.(ie. weather, dogs.)
Delivery/Sales Services & Distribution (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PROctober 15, 2018
The hardest part of the job for me is the schedule. Poor communication between the supervision, carry out a plan not based on the needs of the station therefore it is not followed at the time of carrying out. The most enjoyable part of the job is to share time with my co-workers.
Pros
kjgguk
Cons
jkggu
Environment friendly
LETTER CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of me preparing my mail to deliver, secure my environment and check up on my transportation. Complete my shift successfully and report to my manager if needed.
Pros
Servant leadership
Cons
short lunch breaks
Unnecessary workloads, most of the time we are forced to work excessive hrs
CLERK (Current Employee) –  PNDC VASSAR ST, RENO, NVOctober 15, 2018
Working manually is very stressful and what you do is not appreciated, forced overtime work exceeding 10 hours, and being told to work on multi sections and different locations
Pros
Free brakes
Cons
Short lunch
Tough environment
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2018
This place is probably one of the toughest places that I've ever worked. Mandatory overtime, tough manager and tougher work. Not for those who want an easy job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.6K