United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Redundant daily experience
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYJune 18, 2018
There was job security and all the benefits one could ask for, but the room for advancement is non-existent. Many of the union rules are broke each day and employees are abused and not respected by management.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of respect
Varied hours, difficult career advancement
PTF Clerk (Current Employee) –  Caribou, MEJune 18, 2018
This job varies greatly on your craft. If you’re a clerk you have a completely different set of hours, pay, benefits and expectations than if you are a carrier, either rural or city. It also depends on what size office you’re hired into. Unfortunately, a beginning employee does not know the differences. It is very wise before seeking employment with the USPS to discuss the pros and cons with a current employee.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Varied schedule and lack of advancement opportunities
n/a
Letter Carrier/union stewar (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2018
fast pace,. feel like I always work because of the schedule. hate working on Saturdays. would not feel this way if we had a 10 hour 4 day work wk. . lots of unnecessary work being done. do not get the tools needed to do the job. money is always an issue. truck are never cleaned correctly. management do not take suggestion to improve equipment issues. But most of us manage to be happy. Things could be worse, so I guest we are lucky to have a job.
Pros
money is good
Cons
work saturdays
It’s a great job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2018
It’s a great job to work for. I loved my supervisor. Great benefits. Good hours. Very interesting company to work for. It’s a amazing place and it’s very interesting
Enjoying working
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2018
I love that job to work with USPS
Nice work with partner at sorting process
Very skillfully data entry for sort process
Working together as team work
Working at the post office..
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCJune 17, 2018
So far one manager was on me constantly and the I am in the process of transferring to another office so I hope to have a nicer post master...you have to be quick organized and have a good memory..
Pros
No supervisor at all times
Cons
You have to start at bottom and work your way up.
Depending on management you can enjoy work
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 17, 2018
Pays well, available overtime. if management doesn't know what they are doing or they don't like you, they will make your work experience very miserable. you really have to ignore nonsense and do what you have to do to get through the day. If outside and walking is what you enjoy then this is the job for you. You get to comes across some very nice and generous people who understand how hard you work and that compensates for whatever foolishness you have to deal with being in the office.
Work work work
Mail Career (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 17, 2018
Every office is different, but at my current office I work 6 day weeks 10-13 hour days for 2 years. Due to the lack of hiring, the workload falls on the current employees. Due to the demanding nature of the job and not enough help, makes this career very difficult.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
You get little to no time off.
Fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athol, KSJune 17, 2018
Love the interacting with the people of the community, became very close with many of them. Leaned as much as possible working in a small Post Office.
Pros
Worked very close to home
Cons
Only was Part time
a job
Mail Handler Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2018
mind your business and keep your business private. Show up to work on time and stretch before and after work. bring lunch as the vending machines can be taxing.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2018
Large workplace. Enjoyed working with the people. Variety of assignments. Onsite cafeteria. Security availability twenty-four-seven.
Knowledgeable managers. Productive workplace.
Pros
Salary, overtime availability
Cons
Not a permanent position, No healthcare
fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 16, 2018
worked there my whole life. I learned alot, and became great at my job. Policies in effect were understandable, the booses are ice. employees are nice. all around, great place to work.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
no free lunches lol
A Great career
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2018
I liked the job a lot, I just didn't have good management at my location and wish I would have stay and toughed it out. I would recommend this job to someone who wants to get a good career without going to school.
Pros
independent work style
Cons
short breaks, stressful, poor management
Overall View
MAIL CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 15, 2018
Working at the Post Office is great. When you first start off it is not all that great. You have to deliver mail to addresses using street clothes. You are not given a uniform until much later.
Decent place to work
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 15, 2018
The post office was a decent place to work. The best part about working here is the job security and your fixed hours. You never have to worry about not getting enough hours. Management however was poor. They are very disrespectful towards the employees.
Pros
benefits/job security
Cons
management
Excellent Work Environment
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Cache, OKJune 15, 2018
Great supervisor & excellent teamwork. New personnel were trained appropriately & allowed to learn the system. Very fast paced job but very rewarding. Would work for the USPS again.
many years ago
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAJune 15, 2018
The is was part time job and you worked many hours. They helped you out as much as they could to insure you got the job done. Many long hours for a part time job.
It was unorganized my supervisors and manager where not knowledgeable about why we where being laid off
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 15, 2018
If you work with USPS u must be able to handle heavy work load and stress. It’s not a job that would allow much of a outside life with family and friends.
great job
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIJune 15, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly and fun work environment. Learned the way that mail is processed for distribution. Great benefits even for part time employees including health dental and paid time off
benefits
Cons
mandatory over time on little notice
It was a great place to work.People where very friendly to work with
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Nathalie, VAJune 15, 2018
I was a custodian there I really enjoyed my job.I was hired with in a couple of days.I was making good money and the person where a pleasure to work with.
Cons
10 min break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K