United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

loved working here
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 21, 2018
Working the Tour 1 was the best position ever. The work was very easy to learn and the staff was the best. Management of the team was very professional and welcoming. Overtime hours were worth the time.
Pros
no missed days
letter carrier
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 21, 2018
prepare mail for delivery to my assigned route each day in a timely manner. hardest part of the job was always being told to go faster,
while others were not pulling there wait. Management would sit and watch.
Pros
long team
Cons
told you were not moving fast enough.
Productive workplace with pool table
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Bell, CAFebruary 21, 2018
When you get to work you must use your badge to get in the gates.Once you are inside you clock in and wait for the supervisor to give you your assignment.
Can be a stressful place to work.
CCA (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, ALFebruary 21, 2018
Workloads can be very heavy , however you do have your good days. You don't really know where you will be working from day to days for about a year. They send you out to different stations to work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
demanding
supervisor yells at you in front of everyone
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2018
PSE your doing the grunt work. they o not care if your too short to reach the mail safely. 2 people should be on the machine as stated in the safety video but we were told the video is wrong, they only want 2 people if they need the machine going at all times, they will push out as much mail as possible to make themselves look better when it come to a promotion. they get off on yelling at you on the floor during meetings. do not understand how people with no degree were able to have the title of supervisor
Pros
doughnutsif you make them look good
Cons
annoying, yelled at, timed breaks, carpal tunnel
Good job bad management
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 21, 2018
The post office is a good job if you have extra schooling. But the management messes with your everyday life. They do not care if you have children or are sick they want you there no matter what the cost.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Best work experience so far
Casual and Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 20, 2018
Receiving the news that I had the opportunity to work for the US Postal Service was a joy for me. The position I was hired for was a Casual and Mail Handler. I was in charge of receiving mail and ditributing it to their specific zip code.
A typical day at work started with verifying that every line and every box had placards. I was the only one in the shift with access to the system and in charge of the paper work and labels. After I finished with the paper work, I got in one of the lines and started distributing the correspondance, same as the others, without leaving behind the paper work. If any of the lines needed placards, I had to go and print them out. We had two breaks of 15 minutes before the lunch break. After working a 12 hour shift I got tired but gained the energy for the next day. I had excellent co-workers who worked their best and in team. The best part of the job was having a responsible, motivating team who gave their best to accomplish the goals of each day. I'm a dynamic, pro-active person who enjoyed very much the work and responsible that was handed.
How can I explain a hard day at work if I enjoyed it so much? Some diffuculties that I had was carrying alone more than 60 lbs boxes, still knew some techniques to complete the job. I consider myself as a hard worker, responsable person who likes to work in teams and communicate to get the job done.
Pros
reasonable breaks, good co-workers, good supervisor, great working area
Cons
not enough cleaning
job was okay
Mail Carrier - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCFebruary 20, 2018
i can say working at the post office was very challenging and hard work it was great while it lasted but if u a happy person in love stress free environment ill say no to it
Cca
City Carrier Assistant I (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 20, 2018
When you are a cca you have 90-120 days probation period which can be hard. After your probation period is over things my change for work schedule and days off.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
When you become a regular carrier
Great job but very physical.
USPS Custodian (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I sorted mail , lined it up in tubs for delivery,wrote up certified and registered mail. I lined up packages and wrote them up. I then loaded mail jeep and delivered it all.
Pros
It helped keep me in shape, great money and benefits.I loved my customers.
Cons
Its very physical and hard on your body.
Productive Employer...long hours
Peak Season Employee(PSE) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 20, 2018
Typical day was to tour at 2am til 2pm in the afternoon. Head Management were polite and very helpful. Work associates were great people to work around.
Pros
Good pay for the position held. 10 minute break every 2 hours.
Cons
Long drives to and from work(100 miles one-way)
Great job
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Management difficult to work for. Some members of management treat people with great disrespect. Often displaying unfair and disparate treatment. Not following FMLA guidelines
Pros
Decent salary, good benefits.
stressful yet rewarding
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 20, 2018
the work environment is fast paced and can be very stressful. A lot depends on your immediate supervisor, they can make or break the job and the employee.b
Pros
benifits
Cons
Stress
fun place with my co workers
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KS 66202February 20, 2018
typical day come in either the mail late or not, prepare mail to go out for delivery. Once I load my truck up make sure you have all your packages and head out to the street to the customers.
Pros
working alone
Cons
working outside
Day as a sorter
Postal Clerk/ SEASONAL (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Report for duties first thing is give the mail feeders a brake. We then fed the mail through the feeder and would all the mail to desinated compartments to be picked up when full and set on tray. Sorted all mail which team work was a big help. ,Management made sure we had all our supplies.Was making sure the right mail to the right state.Someone get there present, check, on time
Pros
You are the heart of san antonio
Cons
I thought breaks could been longer cause everyone went to brake at same tie long lines took to long
Loved it
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Really enjoyed my work, being envolved with the community, getting exercise, was only at 80 days when told by supervisor that I was not fast enough and had to either resign position or be terminated, chose to resign but was upset
Holiday Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MDFebruary 20, 2018
Was responsible for accepting and sorting overnight package deliveries to be sent out the next day. Management was great and was there to answer any questions I might have had.
Army
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 20, 2018
If you never been in the Army this will be likewise.Get ready to start working in the worth route u ever been get ready to carry up to 50 pounds of mail in your bag. get ready to start feeling really bad pain in your body.Dont recommend to female this job is for men.
Cons
Trying to find the house number weird streets.Goofy house numbers.
Productive, safe and great place to work
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 20, 2018
My days were typically the same work flow. Some days there would be more or less and I got the over time that I needed. The hardest part of the job was the lay off period which i am on currently. Cant wait to get back to work
Good environment.
mail carrier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 20, 2018
Good environment and flexible. you have manageable breaks and lunch breaks. I learned how important it is for mail to be delivered on time and the process of the mail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K