United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Coworkers
Dock Coordinator, clerk, window clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 19, 2018
Hard work inside or outside the building. I’m thankful that I had this job. I enjoyed all of the “workings” of the postal service. Learned customer skills, problem solving, time management and closing out all transactions for the day.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Working different shifts while having a family
Cca horrible
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 19, 2018
The regulars have it so much better than the city carrier assistants. City carrier assistants only have one day off per week, the regulars get two. CCAs can be assigned to any route in the office, regulars only have to worry about one. The regulars can reject overtime. The regulars have too much power and are the reason CCAs quit.
Pros
Pay isn’t bad
Cons
No such thing as a break. Too much hours
great job but no life
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, PAJuly 19, 2018
It takes forever to get a career position and until you get that position, your life will revolve around work. You will be on call, you will never get your days off, but you will be compensated well for the life they suck out of you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life
Its has its ups and downs, but over all its a stable company to work for.
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJuly 19, 2018
My advice is to go in with a positive outlook. Make the best of your learning, and do your best to remember what you're taught. There are many opportunities within the Postal Service, look into all positions before you choose one. Certain careers are not meant for everyone
Pros
If you finish early as a rural carrier, you can leave and still get your regular evaluated time.
Cons
Of you are new coming in, you may not get proper training before management starts to move you around to other Postal jobs.
Postal service has been very good to me
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 19, 2018
God blessed me with a awesome job with great benefits . Postal Service allows me to advance in the company great place work with great salaries. The employee are like family
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
It was a very busy work at times.
Mail Sorter / 1st & 2nd Bulk Sorter (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJJuly 19, 2018
Depending on the season the 3rd class mail could run either light or heavy at times. I had to lift bags and dumped them on a belt so the clerk could key it to its destination. That was the last task I had before getting injured and then fired while on light duty. My boss was to busy pushing me to do a job that I couldn't until they let me go. I enjoyed my time in 1st class until the Christmas season came around. That for me was the worst time of the season because it was the busiest. I was upset at first for being let go, but that changed when I decided to go into clerical work in healthcare. I have not regretted it since.
Pros
Good pay and benfits.
Cons
Hard on the body, injuries are possible.
Productive and Self Managing
Rural Carrier (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNJuly 19, 2018
I am responsible for getting every letter and parcel out to the public on time and accurately every day any way possible.

The hardest part of the job is the weather. I deliver in climate conditions from -75 F to 110F through icy road conditions through to a heat wave every year.

The best part of my job is I am responsible for every piece of mail/ parcels on a daily basis. I love the individuality of the job.

The United States Postal Service has exceptional benefits. The Postal Service also pays at a much higher rate than any national average.
Pros
Reimbursment for car expenses
Cons
Long hours, inclement weather dangers
Van nuys usps
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 19, 2018
I only worked here for 3 or so months before the position was no longer needed, the pay was great and the hours were flexible. My only complaint is that there was a lack of organization and a sense of disconnect between management and employees. I did definitely overhear some internal work related drama.
Great
U.S. Postal Police Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 19, 2018
Great place to work. Your day is busy and it seems to pass by very quickly. There is always something different happening everyday. The day is then done before you know it.
A Good Place to Be
Budget/Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 19, 2018
They encourage doing your best, and reward you with perks. They try to be fair and equitable. This is a very good company to work for. Just make sure that you do not get on anyone's bad side.
Usps
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2018
The United State Post Service, great job the will enhance your individual skills, talking to people and also bring you and the customer in close family relationship as you during your job.
Hard but satisfying job
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 19, 2018
Start time 7:30 am, organize "case" mail, magazines and small parcels into dividers separated in route delivery, get cart with all large parcels and organize by route delivery. Pull down mail into trays in order and load everything in vehicle. If you are a rural carrier you must provide your own vehicle unless you are designated on a route that comes with one. City carriers typically drive LLV (mail truck), ProMaster, van, 2-ton truck (like UPS) depending the route the post office assigns. Drive to the route and deliver in order. Get 30 minute lunch whenever and wherever you desire but don't stray too far from the route. Finish up and bring back mail and packages that couldn't be delivered to the office. Loved the people I worked with, they make the job fun. I hated casing the route and tried to get out of the office ASAP. Learning the route is most difficult but gets easier each time so you have to be patient in the learning curve. Liked my managers, no problems there. Had to leave due to personal circumstances, otherwise would still be there
Pros
Pay is good, plenty of overtime if you desire, fun being outdoors and on your own
Cons
Work-life balance, be prepared to work long hours especially during the holidays, mail trucks are not air-conditioned
Don’t work here
PTF Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
bad managers
terrible hours
love to cut back hours
coworkers are all rude and nasty
talks about cutting back hourly pay
constantly doing managers work
Tough challenging Workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2018
Very fast pace environment, high stress levels, very physically demanding. Pay is better than most places but not enough for what your expected to do.
repetitive trainingand development
Manager, Maintenance Operations (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 18, 2018
The guidance and mentoring of employees perusing their goals in employee engagement, safety and team work. each employee brings a great and different knowledge base to the department is resulting in positive performance.
a typical day at work
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 18, 2018
a typical day at work, clock in, go to your operation, and if not enough mail , will be sent to another operation to work until the wee hours in the morning
Pros
lunch time to short
Cons
dirty and lot of dust
Started out okay, but didn't end well
Mailhandler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
Post office jobs provide competitive pay and good benefits. However, workplace conditions were dirty and management not supportive. Daytime hours also difficult to get unless you had been there for a long time.
great job
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSJuly 18, 2018
USPS is a great job but has no benefits. I hate working every weekend! And its going to take years for you to became a regular employee to get the great benefits. And the summer days are the worst. You have too mske sure you stay hydrated because you can get sick really quick
Pros
great pay
Cons
no benifits for part time employees
Great opportunity to provide for my family
Rural Carrier (Current Employee) –  Mabank, TXJuly 18, 2018
The United States postal system allowed me a way to provide for my family and also be there for my kids at the same time. It also gives me a way to provide insurance for my family.
Pros
Great benefits for my family
Cons
Hard work takes a lot of dedication
Good work place
Contracted Cleaner (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 18, 2018
Pleasent people to work with. Some mangers are helpful and others are not. Could use clearer instructions when starting the job. Would like to see a more set expectations from place to place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K