United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Great
U.S. Postal Police Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 19, 2018
Great place to work. Your day is busy and it seems to pass by very quickly. There is always something different happening everyday. The day is then done before you know it.
A Good Place to Be
Budget/Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 19, 2018
They encourage doing your best, and reward you with perks. They try to be fair and equitable. This is a very good company to work for. Just make sure that you do not get on anyone's bad side.
Usps
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2018
The United State Post Service, great job the will enhance your individual skills, talking to people and also bring you and the customer in close family relationship as you during your job.
Hard but satisfying job
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 19, 2018
Start time 7:30 am, organize "case" mail, magazines and small parcels into dividers separated in route delivery, get cart with all large parcels and organize by route delivery. Pull down mail into trays in order and load everything in vehicle. If you are a rural carrier you must provide your own vehicle unless you are designated on a route that comes with one. City carriers typically drive LLV (mail truck), ProMaster, van, 2-ton truck (like UPS) depending the route the post office assigns. Drive to the route and deliver in order. Get 30 minute lunch whenever and wherever you desire but don't stray too far from the route. Finish up and bring back mail and packages that couldn't be delivered to the office. Loved the people I worked with, they make the job fun. I hated casing the route and tried to get out of the office ASAP. Learning the route is most difficult but gets easier each time so you have to be patient in the learning curve. Liked my managers, no problems there. Had to leave due to personal circumstances, otherwise would still be there
Pros
Pay is good, plenty of overtime if you desire, fun being outdoors and on your own
Cons
Work-life balance, be prepared to work long hours especially during the holidays, mail trucks are not air-conditioned
Don’t work here
PTF Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
bad managers
terrible hours
love to cut back hours
coworkers are all rude and nasty
talks about cutting back hourly pay
constantly doing managers work
Tough challenging Workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2018
Very fast pace environment, high stress levels, very physically demanding. Pay is better than most places but not enough for what your expected to do.
repetitive trainingand development
Manager, Maintenance Operations (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 18, 2018
The guidance and mentoring of employees perusing their goals in employee engagement, safety and team work. each employee brings a great and different knowledge base to the department is resulting in positive performance.
a typical day at work
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 18, 2018
a typical day at work, clock in, go to your operation, and if not enough mail , will be sent to another operation to work until the wee hours in the morning
Pros
lunch time to short
Cons
dirty and lot of dust
Started out okay, but didn't end well
Mailhandler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
Post office jobs provide competitive pay and good benefits. However, workplace conditions were dirty and management not supportive. Daytime hours also difficult to get unless you had been there for a long time.
great job
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSJuly 18, 2018
USPS is a great job but has no benefits. I hate working every weekend! And its going to take years for you to became a regular employee to get the great benefits. And the summer days are the worst. You have too mske sure you stay hydrated because you can get sick really quick
Pros
great pay
Cons
no benifits for part time employees
Great opportunity to provide for my family
Rural Carrier (Current Employee) –  Mabank, TXJuly 18, 2018
The United States postal system allowed me a way to provide for my family and also be there for my kids at the same time. It also gives me a way to provide insurance for my family.
Pros
Great benefits for my family
Cons
Hard work takes a lot of dedication
Good work place
Contracted Cleaner (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 18, 2018
Pleasent people to work with. Some mangers are helpful and others are not. Could use clearer instructions when starting the job. Would like to see a more set expectations from place to place.
Work there id you like micromanagement, flexible shifts and long hours for $17
Mail Processing Clerk, Full-time Hrs (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJuly 18, 2018
The location I worked at was poorly directed and the managers were narcissist by the definition. They will work you like a slave with barely any days off and no people to rotate you out and help you when you're tired. Don't get injured at this location either because all they do is try to blame everything on you and make sure you don't get paid accordingly. The post office itself is a fine job is fine when it comes to pay; but the supervisors and managers make the job stressful and hostile. Everyone starts off the same way which is fine but you never no exactly how it will take for you to get a regular position it may take 2 years of maybe 5. until you are a regular you do not get paid leave and there is no constant scheduling. Along with that the heath benefits are limited and there is no 401 K plan at the beginning
Pros
fast pace, dealing with different people, decent pay, listen to music
Cons
communication and with the people, managers power happy, extreme micromanagement, breaks short, have to do split shifts, Contract-temp hiring, excessive hours, not enough people in the positions to work
Single Life
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 18, 2018
Working for the USPS , make sure u have family support because this is not a job for a person who has small babies or kids in school , but if u have no kids & looking for financial stability this is the job for you !
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
short breaks, no weekends off, no holidays off
Fast Paced
USPS Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJuly 18, 2018
This job entails paying attention to detail. You must deliver mail in a safety, accurate and timely manner...The job is what you make of it..I enjoyed every bit of it. Its just time for me to move on.
not great
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAJuly 18, 2018
I was told that I would be working less than 40 hours a week and ended up working over 50 a week. The benefits aren't good until you become regular. It takes over a year to become a regular.
fast paced
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 18, 2018
deliver parcels as well as mail so job duties are probably not what you might think as compared to ten years ago. need to be willing to spend money on a route vehicle if an LLC is not provided.
Hard work in fast paced environment
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 18, 2018
I like physical work, During the holiday the mail is non stop. I liked working in a small branch post office. Typical day scan mail from 5:00am to 8:30am for mail carriers to deliver. I also worked a split shift. I lived close enough to go home for lunch or take care of errands. In the afternoon scan more mail and prepare mail for distrbution to processing centers. Would get home by 7:30 most days, Mail can be very bulky and heavy. You have to be careful not to get injured. I liked the people that I worked with and management was awesome. I also worked at processing and distribution center. Mail is processed through automated equipment. Plenty of lftting and standing on your feet. You need good shoes for your feet and gloves to protect your hands. Coworkers were great. Time goes when you're busy. When you have a problem with a coworker management cannot help you, You are advised to try to work it out or quit your job.
Pros
Coworkers worked as team
Cons
Heavy packages/coworkers who don't want to work
It was a good place to work, had a lot of fun working with co-workers and superviors.
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 18, 2018
good company to work for, excellent career opportunity I will recommend this job to family, friends, I enjoyed working at the Post Office in North Carolina, and in Atlanta, Ga.
Good Paying job with killer benefits
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  unknown, KentuckyJuly 18, 2018
Overall the Post Office is a great place to work. There are a lot of bad apples that work there and most of them are the older employees that have been with the company for 15 plus years. The job is great. I would love my job more if my coworkers were different. Management plays favorites a lot.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
coworkers and scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K