United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Fast-paced atmosphere
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 21, 2018
The mail has to be handled, sorted, and processed in a timely manner. Everyone has your best interest. Your fellow employees are there to help. Everything needs to be double checked.
needle in haystack
United postal customer service Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
Its a very hard job. mostly men work here because they are stronger . I needed to learn zip codes and pick up heavy boxed and it been hurt a couple times at work
Pros
5 min break
Cons
no uniform
A very responable position
City Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
I start my day casing mail preparing it for delivery. I leave the station and deliver from house to house. I enjoyed contact with the public but the walking was very hard on me. My management would rely on me as one of there better carriers because leaned my job very well.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
walking
No family time
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 20, 2018
Awesome job, great coworkers and a great community. Poor management who displayed favoritism and implemented poor operational strategies for everyday success.
No life at all
City Carrier Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 20, 2018
Working for the post office you have zero time for family and friends all your days are soaked up doing what they need you to do you finish early and get sent back out
Material handler
MAIL SORTER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
I worked there years ago, and don't remember a lot of stuff, I moved position and time quite a bit. Not a bad place to work in Houston,tx. I had several managers
RCA highs and low for getting hours
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, ILJune 20, 2018
The job is pretty straight forward after you learn the route and case. The hardest part is learning a new case for a different route. Most of the time your by yourself on the route delivering the mail. If your looking for advancement you may be waiting a few years before you become full time. While being a sub you may have times where you are working frequently or not at all.
Dco
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
For a job that is simply typing all day, the job is awesome. The pay is worth it, and it is very laid back. i was able to listen to books and music all day. The time would go by pretty quickly.
Pros
easy job
Cons
its closed
Okay place
City Carrier (Current Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INJune 20, 2018
Worked there for a couple years and I'm not fond of working in the weather conditions any longer. Supervision at my office is understanding and tries to work with you.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Weather, amount of work expected to do.
Typical day
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 20, 2018
A typical day begins at 6:30am - 4:00pm. Some day you don't actually know what time you're getting off.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being out on the route, and meeting new people.
The hardest part of the job is living up to the motto, RAIN, SLEET, or SNOW.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours, working in the elements
Good benefits
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 20, 2018
only down side is if you have a family its hard to balance work and them because the post office expects you to put work first. Its a great paying job just not very flexible.
Okay to work
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Glenolden, PAJune 20, 2018
If your athletic this is the job for your and you also have to have thick skin they will test your gangsta lol but other then that the job is wonderful the pay is great the benefits are unbelievable
Pros
Pay
Cons
6Days a week workday
Very stressfull
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  WIJune 19, 2018
Christmas was terrible. So many packages, especially Amazon, you cant get them all in your vehicle sometimes. I had a full size van. Always on full timers to get back by the evaluated time so they wouldn't have to pay us overtime after 2080 hours. Rural Carrier union isn't as good as others. Retirement barely pays for health insurance. Most managers don't care and upper management has no clue. They have never delivered anything in their life.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hard to get vacations and Saturdays off because of lack of Subs
hard work and stressful
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Crozet Virginia 22932June 19, 2018
answer is in my resume'. Five days per week when you become regular. Worked nine (9) years as a sub before becoming regular. This might include every day of the week.
Pros
good retirement
Cons
weather
Good pay
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 19, 2018
The job is easy to do no matter your job title: mail handler, clerk, custodian, or management. The starting pay is about $13 per hour, you can join the union for your career craft, and a lot of overtime. Management isn't the best and tend to show favoritism towards some over others. The work environment can be a little like high school but when someone is faced with a life changing event then everyone will rally for support. Best advice: get to work on time, do your job, and keep your business to yourself.
Pros
Great pay and excellent benefits
Cons
messy environment
Work dfsy
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJJune 19, 2018
Casing mail to be place out on the street in customer mail box. placing and stacking trays in truck along with packages. Using scanner to scan packages and and to deliver at hp,e.
Pros
the money is great
Cons
long hours and no framily time
I would give no stars if I can
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  San bJune 19, 2018
They work you like if you don’t have a life. I don’t recommend this job if you have little kids because you will never see them or be able to take them any any events
Usps
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Great job to have depending on your lifestyle. Mail carrier is not for everyone. It can be time consuming and cause you to work long hours. Although the pay is great, management and your co-workers are not. Find the position that works best for you.
Stressful work enviornment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2018
10 hr days
work safe and efficiently
cut throat
the work place is good the only thing that makes it worth while is the employees, the environment can be stressful at times but once you get on the street delivering mail its nice and quiet.
Pros
work in your own enviornment
Cons
time is never on your side
Productive and fun place to work
Mail Delivery (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJune 18, 2018
Mail delivery connect you with many people and allows you to know many places in the united states. Work start from 0730 to 1600 and the harder part of the job is that , no matter what the is mails has to be delivered (snow storms)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K