United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Found 17,616 reviews matching the search See all 17,620 reviews
Productive Fast Paced
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 13, 2018
Be productive, come to work on time. deliver mail in timely manner along with packages. Notify Personel of any supicious behavior going on in your environment.
Very fast paced and stressful workplace
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 13, 2018
My hats off to the Postal workers. It is a very challenging place to work at my location. I was a Rural Associate which means I would have to work there for years before becoming a Regular with the same route every day. My day consisted of casing hundreds of pieces of mail and packages, delivering them on different routes which took awhile if you didn't know where you were going and had to rely on reading the route street by street. We had to accomplish all of this within a certain time frame or be reprimanded. We were not allowed to return to the Post Office until all mail has been delivered, no matter the hour. Our immediate supervisor was very tough on all of us taking no excuses. Although many workers did not get along with the Postmaster, I felt like she was strict but fair. Many of the packages were heavy and that was challenging. The most enjoyable part of working there were the other postal workers. We stood every day casing our mail laughing, talking and supporting each other. I truly missed my co-workers when I left.
Pros
Comraderie and Support
Cons
Heavy packages and stressful deadlines
Sweat shop
Rural Delivery person (Former Employee) –  Geneva, FLNovember 13, 2018
Worked 60 - 72 hours a week and was considered a part time employee. Did not get named on a full time regular route, worked 12 hours days for 7.5 hrs of pay. no benefits, no retirement, no nothing but stress.
Nice co-workers, nice customers.
Contract Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Willcox, AZNovember 13, 2018
A very satisfying job with great customers. Basically an easy job sorting mail, loading mail in my vehicle and delivering it to the customer's mailboxes. On occasion delivering packages direct to their home if within 3 miles of their mailbox.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Management not people oriented.
Good pay and benefits
Sales Associate / Distribution clerk (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 13, 2018
I had 6 years at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard as a secretary. And my last 36 years I have been employed by the US Postal Service. Looking to retire and finding a part time job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
N/a
work place
mail carrier (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 13, 2018
I learned a lot from the permanent carriers. everyone was willing to teach me something new everyday. Not having someone breathing down your neck all day.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
walk abouts
I hate this jo!
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
People who has no knowledge of transportation run transportation! Enough said with that comment right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’nnnnnn
복리 후생이 특히 우수합니다.
City Carrier. On job instructor. (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CANovember 13, 2018
다양한 업무를 경험할 수 있어서 자신의 적성과 흥미에 적합한 직종을 선택할 기회가 많습니다.
은퇴 연금과 의료보험은 연방기관들 중에서도 가장 우수합니다.예를 들
면 은퇴 후에도 무료 생명 보험등이 주어집니다.
인종, 성별 , 나이에 관계없이 승진의 기회가 보장되고 , 승진에 필요한 지식을 얻을 수 있는 강의를 무료로 제공 받습니다.
상사와 직원은 서로 동등하게 존중하며 권리와 의무를 공유합니다.
Pros
각종 복리 혜택.
Cons
특이 사항 없읍니다.
Provide excellant opportunity
Postmaster (Former Employee) –  SYOSSET NYNovember 13, 2018
Was in charge of over 100 employees and all daily operations.Worked with many great people and worked my way through the ranks.Served as excellent learning process through life.
Pros
Advancement / steady pay / great benefits
Cons
Long hours / hard work
Fast Paced Environment
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2018
Working at the post office is a a great experience depending if you are up to the task. As long as you come in with the right mind set and be ready to work there shouldn't be too many problems that you should endure
Great job for area
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXNovember 12, 2018
I love this job and learning new things. I like that you have so much room for advancement. However, the lack of hours is my biggest concern. At this time I need another income source.
Pros
No glass ceilings
Cons
Not enough work hours
Managment
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
Dont get me wrong, this could be an excellent career for the right person,right situation, but the contract and title that I worked under as CCA, is not the move. I wouldn't recommend this position, its a contract that is manipulated by the management team. There is no respect for the well being of the employee, nor the environment/culture you think that the USPS would offer, is nothing of what is expected.

Chaos is the word, lack of structure...team development, moral is low at its best.
Pros
Pay, mobility, Training
Cons
Management, Life work balance
Great Work Opportunity, but Stressful at Times...
Manager, Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 12, 2018
Loved working for the USPS most of my 18 year career. Then, the culture changed, and I retired.
Excellent job opportunities for everyone who wants to work. Excellent benefits once you become a regular full-time employee.
Great feeling of pride and a sense f civic duty when I performed my job. Loved speaking to regular customers, either on the phone or in the lobby. The company, on paper, is the doer of Good Things.
Pros
Meet all sorts of people, everyone is a customer, security
Cons
Very stressful work environment; poor upper management.
Competence is not rewarded. Third of supervisors are psychotic
City Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Seattle. Oregon Coast, Valley, & Central OregonNovember 12, 2018
27 year retiree. Of dozens of supervisors I had, about a third were literally sociopaths, by scientific definition. You really learn to appreciate the third who are good, competent managers. The last third are just trying to make it to retirement under even more psychotic upper management. As a city letter carrier who worked in four different cities, I spent years as: the go-to guy; the lightening rod for bad mgmt; the solid productive worker; & the older, slightly slower guy they wanted to retire. You will have your role: work hard, enjoy what you can, & do NOT bend over backwards for bad managers! They’ll get promoted & move on anyway, while not caring about anybody else. And, after all was said & done, the NALC Union was worth supporting most of the time. (If you’re a thief, you WILL get caught, dummy!)
Pros
Pay & benefits are OK. Mostly good coworkers. Public appreciation.
Cons
Management culture. Physical wear, & personal stress. You MUST save for retirement.
my exprience
Rural Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 12, 2018
Working as a rural carrier assistant had its pros and cons, it was a very difficult job, which the hiring team explains to yo in training. you have to be very dedicated and ready to work hard in all types of weather conditions you have to be very accurate and work at a steady pace, every day the volume of mail and parcels differed. this job can be very stressful but enjoyable, simply because you're in control of your work, you don't have a supervisor constantly watching you. when you first start out it could be difficult but if you're dedicated you will find your own way to make the job easier and feel more confrontable. the managers at the station I was employed can be unprofessional in stressful events. but I stuck it out for 2 years, but I'm also a strong, reliable person and very hardworking so if you have any of the traits I have you can do it.
Pros
good pay benifits, can make same pay in any state
Cons
management, volume of mail
usps
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALNovember 12, 2018
Job was hard to learn but enjoyable once learnt. People were great to work with and very helpful. very nice to be out on the street delivering mail instead of inside.
very to yourself kind of job
Assistant Rural Carrier (ARC) (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CANovember 12, 2018
If you like working alone and long hours then this is the job for you! you have to get things done in a timely manner and then help others who are slower than you. it is a very independent job.
Fast paced and good co workers
customer service (Former Employee) –  Alex, OKNovember 12, 2018
Great customers and co workers. Fast paced environment. Great management. Could call any Postmaster and get help if ran into something I didn't know how to handle if mine was not available.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
As postmaster relief no benefits
Stressful, but you aren’t micromanaged as a carrier.
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 12, 2018
Stressful, but you are not under management all day as a carrier which can be a plus. Lack of communication amongst management which sometimes allows for a hostile work environment.
Easiest hard job I’ve ever had
Postal carrier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 12, 2018
Working for the postal service was the most stressful job I have ever had. The job itself was easy and people are always willing to help you. The work can be hard on your body and mind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K