United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

satisfactory
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 17, 2018
It was a complete joy working for this company. very organized and well mannered environment. management was very helpful and understanding. Made sure team work was a major factor
Quick paced, union job, extreme weather conditions at times
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Loved my 33+ years working for the USPS. Provided a good family income for us and never brought work home with me. My customers have become family to me since I have been on the same route for 21 years. The toughest part was dealing with winter/snow, ice, and extreme heat conditions. Staying in shape is very important to last in this position.
Pros
Salary, annual and sick leave acquired, uniforms
Cons
Weather, wear and tear on you body
The Postal Service is a good job, with good pay and chances for advancement
Rural Carrier-Part time (Former Employee) –  Walton County GASeptember 17, 2018
it was a long days work. stressful as far as getting the mail on the road as fast as possible and delivered as fast as possible. If I had been a much younger person, this job would have been perfect.
Good
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Ely, MNSeptember 17, 2018
It was a good job to have at for a little while I had it for a couple of years no real bad to say about it and I had fun tolking to all the people in the day
Good job
Postal Support Employee/Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fincastle, VASeptember 17, 2018
Busy place to work! Enjoyed working there and would still be there but my position was eliminated. The hardest part of the job was learning all the street names for each route!
Assistant Rural Carrier (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2018
As long as you are time efficient & provide to them, it is a good atmosphere. Do what you are told & deliver accordingly. Other co-workers seem to understand to help out when necessary.
Pros
If you work efficiently; then no one is micromanaging.
Cons
None specifically
Fun place to work
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Buckner, MOSeptember 17, 2018
Hard work. Weekends required Sunday delivery of Amazon. You're basically at the bottom and have to work your way up. It can take years and years to become a regular.
Great
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2018
It was a pleasant place to work. Management was helpful during the training period. The facility itself was clean and welcoming. My co workers were engaging and friendly.
Enjoyable and challenging.
Rural Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WISeptember 17, 2018
Casing and delivering mail and packages. Memorization was a key part of the job, in the office as well as out on the route. Did a lot of practice on my own time to make it easier for myself and to maintain efficiency. I loved the challenges and variety of working in the office and then out alone on the route.
On a daily basis
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 17, 2018
Daily when I get in from work I have to make sure all trucks are departed on a daily basis on time so that the post offices can receive there mail on time.
Pros
mail leaves out early
Cons
mail gets dispatched on time
Stressful, and unforgiving job
Postmaster (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Relentless stress at high level positions. Unions nearly impossible to work with, they basically ran all operations, with the support of my superiors.
Pros
Salary and benefits for education level
Cons
Unions, stress
It's Okay
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CASeptember 17, 2018
Great job if you are self managed and have great time management skills, it's a quick paced job delivering but fun. Just don't let them add to your workload to make up for their lack of properly managing delivery routes. Management tries to cut cost by putting more work on the capable individuals.

*Get to know your Union Rep!
*Report all harassment!
*Keep to yourself.
Pros
No micro-management while delivering, driving, fast pace.
Cons
no real breaks including lunch, stressful, management, harassment
Toxic Culture
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Harder you work, the worse your job is. Lack of training. Walk about 12 miles a day. You can be the first one back everyday while busting your butt and never get told you did a good job
Aweful place to work!!
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WISeptember 17, 2018
I have been a Rural Carrier Associate for over 2 years and applied for a City Carrier Assistant position at a number of post offices in my district including my own Post Office that I currently work at. After applying for a ton of open CCA positions in my district I finally had a job interview at the Post Office that I currently work at. The supervisor that interviewed me told me that 11 new people that never touched a piece of mail at the Post Office was more qualified than me to become a CCA even though I do more work as a RCA in my current position!! Mine you I wanted to become a CCA because I would have liked to work more hours each week and have some type of pto time and benefits!! A RCA position is the worst position in the Post Office!! It is a temporary job with no benefits!! I am pursuing another government position with benefits and stable employment. This is the worst job that I ever had in my life. All you are is a body to fill the position!
Pros
Its a paycheck and nothing else!
Cons
Too many to list!!
Life as a RCA
Rural Mail Carrier RCA (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 17, 2018
I have been a RCA for 14 months. Most of my experience is positive. RCA’s get no benifits at all. You work you get paid, you don’t work you get no leave or sick days. I have found it tough to go to the doctor or dentist or any appointment. I have been ask to cancel a doctors appointment due to no one to run the route. Most of the regular carriers are great to work with and offer assistance. We have one that takes the day before every holiday and the day after every holiday. Because we are short handed no one else can take any leave for a holiday. If you need a pay Check work here. If your looking for a job with benifits ie medical, dental, 401K you have to be a regular and that could take up to ten years.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
RCA receives no benifits
Benefits are decent and they offer alot of overtime.
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 17, 2018
The job is very repetitive. Same people in small plant. Most of the jobs are overnight. The managers are incompetent, rude and will make you go "postal",literally.
Pros
offer alot of overtime
Cons
most the jobs are overnight
Not my employer, but the project that I worked while at IBM
IT Consultant/Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2018
This is not a company, but a project. Why don't you give users of your system the option to complete these reviews, especially when the system does not understand the difference between a company and a project.
Terrible place to work
City Carrier (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2018
Terrible place to work, horrific mismanagement, negative and angry work culture, crazy overtime, extremely physical work, abusive management, threatening management, impossible to succeed
Reliable
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDSeptember 16, 2018
Working for this company will allow you to comfortably take care of your family. It’s an environment where you control you of course with stipulations. It’s a great career for people with no college degree. Awesome money and benefits!
Fast paced
CITY LETTER CARRIER (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 16, 2018
A typical day at work depends on how many people call in, how heavy the mail volume is, how heavy the by-pass is, how heavy the parcels are, and if the trucks are on time.
Pros
Great retirement
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K