United Overseas Bank Management reviews

Productive and Management was amazing.
Remittance Officer (Former Employee) –  AlexandraMay 18, 2018
The management in UOB was really family based and everyone was there for one another. The team were really there to help you be better. The environment was just a fun loving team all around.
Pros
Amazing view from the office
Cons
Salary was low
Fast paced
Senior Telesales Officer (Current Employee) –  United squareNovember 30, 2017
Routine,I learned to be more aggressive.Management is fine,culture is fine too ,The hardest part of my job is when i'm struggling to reach my quota.Best part of my job is when i reach high commission and free travel.
Pros
Tea break morning and noon
Cons
To much OT
Like working with a family
Senior Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  NovenaNovember 1, 2017
Work involves promoting UOB insurance products only to UOB customers. Learnt alot about banking related matters and its more like a family. Management identifies and recognise individual potential. Most challenging in this job is rejection and handling customers' various objections in buying the product. Most enjoyable is when a satisfied customer gives his compliments. At the end of the day you feel proud that you have done job well
Pros
Annual leaves and medical benefits
Cons
Need to do overtime occassionally
Good pay job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cecil StreetSeptember 10, 2017
Work/life balance was low, but the bonus could be very good if your performance met the management's expectation. Overall the workplace culture would be great if the management could cultivate team spirit in the office. Hardest part of the job was the long working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time when you received the bonus.
It's a bank what do you expect?
Personal Banker (Senior Officer) (Former Employee) –  HarbourFrontAugust 25, 2017
Culture here is everyone for himself. The management lets you survive on your own. They only care about sales and don't even bother to teach you on the job skills. System is very old and time wasting.
Pros
Branding
Cons
Never see the sun
Great Exp
Test Analyst, Project Executive (Former Employee) –  RafflesAugust 23, 2017
Open colleagues willing to share their experience and allowing newcomers to learn.
Work life balance depending on which team you are and the workload assigned.
management is clear about the direction of the project and what needs to be pushed.
Good company
Personal Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 14, 2017
Big and strong company. Asian kind of management, culture is ok, most staffs are Asian from different countries. lots of benefits, from medical and entertainment.
Pros
recognition
fair organisation
Client Service Lead (Former Employee) –  OrchardJune 4, 2017
most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to solve client's problems. learnt that every client is important. management at UOB is fair and compassionate
Pros
fair work environment
Cons
Okay for a temporary job
Roadshow Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 20, 2017
Good management that bothers about the welfare of temporary staff. The planning for the Roadshow event was very meticulous and it was explained very clearly.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Repetitive roles
Challenging and fast paced work environment
Bank officer (Former Employee) –  AlexandraMay 4, 2017
Challenging and fast paced work environment. We are required to finish the task as daily basis and need to work overtime everyday to complete what's given. This is an advantage to have a better time management skills.
However, there is no work life balance and sometimes required to come back during weekends to finish up some extra work. Your team members are helpful and willing to lend a help. However, you are not given any training or brief regarding your tasks.
Pros
Free lunches by your boss
workplace
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  NovenaApril 28, 2017
Teamwork doesn't apply here. everyday in your own battlefield fighting war. colleagues are selfish. company is very strict in punctuality and documentation
Pros
let to work alone
Cons
selfish
Local Bank with Global Ambitions
VP (Current Employee) –  RafflesApril 27, 2017
Benefits could be better to attract and retain talents. Perpetually on budget mode hurts morale and gives a negative culture. Stretched targets are the norm.
Long working hours
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  RafflesMarch 19, 2017
Long working hours, stable but unchanging environment, don't expect your management to push for big change or improvement in the company, too large a company, a lot of employees struggling to understand the internal process or unable to identify right stakeholders
Pros
Stable
Cons
Long working hours
productive
Assistant Vice President (Direct Contract) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 11, 2017
Delivered the major releases end to end related to “Basel 3 Credit RWA Accuracy Project – MAS 637” with major Credit RWA saving, that includes a) loandepo with ‘Effective Maturity’ (Credit RWA saving $S500MM), b) collateral and guarantor management (RWA saving $S400MM) c) margin deposit (RWA saving $S20MM)
Friendly workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  One Raffles PlaceFebruary 22, 2017
The colleagues are all really nice and helpful. However the management of the department is not well done which caused some conflicts and miscommunication.
Pros
Colleagues are nice, friendly environment and good working location
Cons
Management system not well organized
Working in UOB as a contractor
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  RafflesFebruary 22, 2017
Being exposed to various departments, I was able to experience and witness different management styles. I had an eventful experience working for the Mighty team, enjoying the experience.
Pros
Flexibility in working hours
Cons
No headcount for permanent position
Conservative Bank
Financial Spreader (Former Employee) –  Raffles PlaceJanuary 11, 2017
Being in a operational role and as such need to work a lot of overtime. Management is the most conservative amongst the three local banks in Singapore.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours in operation environment
Motivated team and workplace with fun people
Credit Management (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 7, 2017
Collector focus on our target set for the day and life can be very hectic but due to helpful and friendly co-workers and understanding management, life has been perfect in the company.
Pros
Festival Celebration
Cons
Need to reach the target set for the day
My Milestone
Telesales Officer (Current Employee) –  Toa PayohOctober 16, 2016
Working at UOB has served as a milestone in my career path to my dream job of being a Relationship Manager.

Day to day I handle hundreds of customers feedbacks, emails and disputes. My job is to keep them happy and as paying customers.

I acquired the position of team lead withing my first 2 months and was even considered for a management role if not for my part time schooling commitments after hours.

The most challenging part of this job would be to convince customers to be paying when they don't exactly have to in a fair and logical manner that leaves them feeling happy to pay for good service. Not everyone shares the same view but I maintain a high success rate while delivering a high revenue for the company.

I care for the team's growth and development as though the bank is mine. I have the bank's interest at heart.

Why I choose the line of sales is that I love the sense of accomplishment when you convince someone to acquire something they didn't know they needed till I put it in front of them.
Productive and efficient workplace
Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Raffles PlaceOctober 6, 2016
Productive and efficient workplace
Good management
Friendly colleagues
Balanced work life
Well structured organisation
Convenient location
Good remuneration and rewards system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Overseas Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

United Overseas Bank Reviews by Location