United Overseas Bank Management reviews

Productive and Management was amazing.
Remittance Officer (Former Employee) –  AlexandraMay 18, 2018
The management in UOB was really family based and everyone was there for one another. The team were really there to help you be better. The environment was just a fun loving team all around.
Pros
Amazing view from the office
Cons
Salary was low
Your standard banking workplace
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 22, 2018
As a major bank in Singapore, most of the things that can be said has been said. They have great benefits, many career path and work environment.

Due to how big the institution is, there is no telling how great your immediate work environment is, it can be really good or really frustrating due to colleagues or supervisor.

People say that employees rarely leave jobs but they leave managers, I think truth can be said about myself when my department had a change of manager.
Fast-Paced and Supportive Environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 10, 2018
• Proactive in engaging clients and prospects to understand individual’s financial needs and providing them with timely information, advice and recommendations to fit their banking requirements
• Dedicated management and monitoring of existing clients' portfolio and customising financial planning and solutions to meet clients' ever-evolving financial objectives
• Call on and source new individual prospects while maintaining strong long-term and on-going relationships with existing clients
• Compile required documents and conduct KYC/CDD in compliance with bank's prescribed standards and industry regulatory requirements
fun learning place
Administrative Assistant (Contract Staff) (Former Employee) –  NovenaAugust 23, 2018
colleagues are easy to get along.

do have lots of work to do but we all work as a family kind of work place. management is good and easy to get along too.
Long working hours
Global Trade Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 28, 2018
Long working hours with very senior ppl in the dept, very difficult for young ppl to adapt there. ppl there seems contented to be working there for over 20 years.
Good company
Personal Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 14, 2017
Big and strong company. Asian kind of management, culture is ok, most staffs are Asian from different countries. lots of benefits, from medical and entertainment.
Pros
recognition
Good pay job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cecil StreetSeptember 10, 2017
Work/life balance was low, but the bonus could be very good if your performance met the management's expectation. Overall the workplace culture would be great if the management could cultivate team spirit in the office. Hardest part of the job was the long working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time when you received the bonus.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  islandwideMarch 19, 2016
no work life balance, long hours, poor management, bad job culture, average salary, no career progression, does not support internal transfer
Pros
nothing
Cons
Like working with a family
Senior Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  NovenaNovember 1, 2017
Work involves promoting UOB insurance products only to UOB customers. Learnt alot about banking related matters and its more like a family. Management identifies and recognise individual potential. Most challenging in this job is rejection and handling customers' various objections in buying the product. Most enjoyable is when a satisfied customer gives his compliments. At the end of the day you feel proud that you have done job well
Pros
Annual leaves and medical benefits
Cons
Need to do overtime occassionally
No work life balance
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  RafflesJuly 12, 2016
Typical day at work consist of dealing with walk in customers banking needs
advising customer on wealth management
working culture is bad as long hours is needed
Pros
career advancement
Cons
no work life balance
Conservative Bank
Financial Spreader (Former Employee) –  Raffles PlaceJanuary 11, 2017
Being in a operational role and as such need to work a lot of overtime. Management is the most conservative amongst the three local banks in Singapore.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours in operation environment
Great Exp
Test Analyst, Project Executive (Former Employee) –  RafflesAugust 23, 2017
Open colleagues willing to share their experience and allowing newcomers to learn.
Work life balance depending on which team you are and the workload assigned.
management is clear about the direction of the project and what needs to be pushed.
It's a bank what do you expect?
Personal Banker (Senior Officer) (Former Employee) –  HarbourFrontAugust 25, 2017
Culture here is everyone for himself. The management lets you survive on your own. They only care about sales and don't even bother to teach you on the job skills. System is very old and time wasting.
Pros
Branding
Cons
Never see the sun
Local Bank with Global Ambitions
VP (Current Employee) –  RafflesApril 27, 2017
Benefits could be better to attract and retain talents. Perpetually on budget mode hurts morale and gives a negative culture. Stretched targets are the norm.
Challenging and fast paced work environment
Bank officer (Former Employee) –  AlexandraMay 4, 2017
Challenging and fast paced work environment. We are required to finish the task as daily basis and need to work overtime everyday to complete what's given. This is an advantage to have a better time management skills.
However, there is no work life balance and sometimes required to come back during weekends to finish up some extra work. Your team members are helpful and willing to lend a help. However, you are not given any training or brief regarding your tasks.
Pros
Free lunches by your boss
Productive and efficient workplace
Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Raffles PlaceOctober 6, 2016
Productive and efficient workplace
Good management
Friendly colleagues
Balanced work life
Well structured organisation
Convenient location
Good remuneration and rewards system
Good
AVP - Planning & Finance (Current Employee) –  RafflesJuly 15, 2016
Not too bad for Asset Management. Work life balanced is quite achievable. However, it's a local based company, so some things are micro managed.
Challenging But Rewarding Workplace
Assistant Vice President, Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raffles PlaceOctober 21, 2013
The day starts with Market Updates from the respective specialist, followed by daily projection of sales revenue. I would set myself at least 3 appointments a day. During the time that I am not out for appointments, I will be calling to fix appointment with customers or to call for any potential FX and Dual Currency trades on my desk. The day ends with night calls and paper work at night.
I also have regular meetings with my respective specialists as I believe that sharing of ideas in this dynamic market environment helps to stay relevant, boost my market and investment knowledge and more importantly, help to bring in the sales revenue. On top of that, I engage in frequent conversation with my Team Head to review my performance and see which areas can be further enhanced, whether are we working towards or away from our individual and team goals.
In this role, I have learn to be independent and take ownership of matters. I have also learn to be tenacious to what I have commit onto and never give up until the goals that I have set have come to pass.
The hardest part of the job is to fight to stay focus when there are plenty of 'noises' from either the management or the colleagues when times are tough and challenging, (eg. hard pressed for numbers).
The most enjoyable part of the job is that my colleagues and I have forged a good camaraderie in challenging times. We work hard and play hard as well.
Pros
Good commission structure and incentive payouts
Cons
This is a call centre. More strict, on the phone all the time.
Customer Service cumTelesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Novena SquareApril 5, 2016
A very discilpline job. Must be very focused, learn to be focused, hardest part must be on the phone all the time. most enjoyable part of the job is when we managed to sign the customer up (Closed case),

Management very target oriented. Understandable. Everywhere is the same.
Pros
indoor sales job. dont have to prospect for customers. tap on bank customers.
Cons
Long hours.
My Milestone
Telesales Officer (Current Employee) –  Toa PayohOctober 16, 2016
Working at UOB has served as a milestone in my career path to my dream job of being a Relationship Manager.

Day to day I handle hundreds of customers feedbacks, emails and disputes. My job is to keep them happy and as paying customers.

I acquired the position of team lead withing my first 2 months and was even considered for a management role if not for my part time schooling commitments after hours.

The most challenging part of this job would be to convince customers to be paying when they don't exactly have to in a fair and logical manner that leaves them feeling happy to pay for good service. Not everyone shares the same view but I maintain a high success rate while delivering a high revenue for the company.

I care for the team's growth and development as though the bank is mine. I have the bank's interest at heart.

Why I choose the line of sales is that I love the sense of accomplishment when you convince someone to acquire something they didn't know they needed till I put it in front of them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Overseas Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

United Overseas Bank Reviews by Location