United Overseas Bank Employee Reviews for Senior Medical Officer

Good company to work for
Senior Officer, Level 3 officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 30, 2019
This is my first employer in Singapore but UOB made it easier for me to adopt by providing a suitable and comfortable workplace and a good support system. However, during my time here, there are also no clear KPI.
Pros
Good compensation package
Cons
No clear KPI
Family environment
Senior Officer (Current Employee) –  AlexandraMarch 17, 2019
Working in UOB makes me feel welcomed and enjoyable. I like it that the colleagues feel like family. They care for you and makes you feel at ease.
Sometimes you are required to work long hours but at least you get paid overtime.

I enjoy the culture as it is not the typical office workplace and you can chat/laugh with your colleagues.
Working Environment
Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  TampinesAugust 17, 2017
The working environment in my department - Factoring - was a good place whereby the team is always on a lookout for one another and always providing a helping hand to whoever in need.

Knowledge of the system and the product is also widely shared among colleagues and we keep check of one another to make sure that we always adhere to the strict deadlines and Service Level Agreements set between Business and Operations.
Pros
Fun Envvironment
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Officer (Current Employee) –  Jurong EastAugust 2, 2017
I have learned about customer service in banking sector, some customers are demanded, we need to serve them fast and it is quite a challenge job for me. The enjoyable part of the job is actually when we talking and serving with customers. I treated the customers as our family members or friends so tha they feel happy when banking with us.
Bad place to be in
Senior Officer (Current Employee) –  Cecil StreetMay 16, 2017
alot of work with no career advancement. Hence, i dont really recommend coming to this place. However, this is a great place to start to kickstart you work life
Challenging, Strong Team Work, Situational Handling,
Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 27, 2016
Understanding the process of how mine and other departments of the bank operates is crucial in performing daily task. Due to my product and process knowledge, I am able to handle most situations from customer well.

Managing customers and colleagues is a challenge that I learnt how to overcome and as a result I am able to manage most of my customers and my colleagues very well.

The most difficult part of my job would be the odd and long working hours.

The most enjoyable part would be solving problems for my customers and some of the customer express their gratitude to me for going the extra mile to attend and follow up with their prolems. There is great satisfaction for me in doing work that is able to help others.
Pros
Friendly Colleagues, Strong Team Work
Cons
Long Working Hours
Good Benefits
Senior Officer (Current Employee) –  Tanjong PagarNovember 7, 2015
If you don't mind to work for longer hours then here will be a good place to learn. There are a lot of courses for Manager and below to attend during lunch time or weekends.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  Raffles PlaceNovember 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how I personally grow and develop new skills set. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was fun to get to know new people. There was a lot of variety in what i did each day, ranging from monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging but mundane.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Mundane work process
Fun and Productive
Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  Central Business DistrictOctober 26, 2015
The culture is friendly, the periodically training is good

I enjoyed the 6 months of my stay with them. Moreover the training was fun and productive to "grill" us to knowledge of our works and carry out those duties diligently.
Pros
Productive, Interesting
Cons
it's a contract role
Wide exposure
Senior Officer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 7, 2015
Wide exposures, friendly colleagues, strategic thinking, integrity and honest, teamwork, committed, trust, hardworking, prudent risk management, conservative and careful.
Pros
Wide exposures
Cons
Weak technology