United Overseas Bank Employee Reviews for Bank Officer

Enjoyable yet lack of work life balance
Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  TampinesFebruary 3, 2018
Working in UOB is generally great. Their employee benefits are reasonably good.

However, career progression in my current job is close to impossible. Furthermore ,the working hours are long (from as early as 0730 to as late as 2100). Because of this, I hardly have any work-life balance. Both career progression and working hours are probably the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Great and understanding colleagues
Cons
Long hours, little or close to no work life balance, no career progression
Peers are fun to work with
Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  RafflesOctober 23, 2017
Colleagues are like friends where we'll have lunch together and engage in conversation out of the working spectrum. They are very helpful and patient towards one another and each of us play a part in helping everyone grow as a team and individually.
Good learning opportunities
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Raffles PlaceSeptember 18, 2017
Good working culture. Fun learning environment. Good advancement opportunities. I was promoted twice in my 7 years of service with UOB. Work life balance.
Pros
Office environment
Fun workplace
Senior Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Central SingaporeJuly 25, 2017
I love the people that I work with because they help me get my job done no matter how hard some things are and no matter how long it takes. Things were really hard for me at first considering that I am the only who cannot speak Mandarin in the bank but everyone has been really supportive and helpful.
Pros
Free food, company events
Cons
Challenging and fast paced work environment
Bank officer (Former Employee) –  AlexandraMay 4, 2017
Challenging and fast paced work environment. We are required to finish the task as daily basis and need to work overtime everyday to complete what's given. This is an advantage to have a better time management skills.
However, there is no work life balance and sometimes required to come back during weekends to finish up some extra work. Your team members are helpful and willing to lend a help. However, you are not given any training or brief regarding your tasks.
Pros
Free lunches by your boss
Job is secured
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Alexandra RoadJanuary 13, 2017
A good and conducive working environment. Staff also enjoy good welfare benefits.There is good rapport and co-operation amongst the staff.
Challenging work place
Senior bank officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 13, 2016
You get to learn something everyday. The managers and team leaders are very supportive and helpful. Pleasant working environment and the location is very suitable for expats.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Stressful and tiring
A good learning Platform
Class II Officer in Transaction Banking department (Current Employee) –  RafflesApril 11, 2016
Working as a Class II Officer in Transaction Banking department. Migrate corporate customers from Old Platform Business Internet Banking Platform to New Platform Business Internet Banking plus.

Initially i call customers to submit their acknowledgment forms back to the bank to activate new token provided. After few months i started handling rejected forms and Escalated email enquiries and issues in the new system.

I have learned many things. I mastered my Microsoft skills.

The hardest part of the job is to contact difficult customers and the most enjoyable part is my working environment. They were all very nice people and the atmosphere was radiating a good vibe to attend work everyday including doing overtime.
stressful workplace
Senior Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 31, 2014
remuneration is good but prone to stress and discrimination
Pros
good salary
Cons
stressful working environment