United Overseas Bank Employee Reviews for Assistant Vice President

productive
Assistant Vice President (Direct Contract) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 11, 2017
Delivered the major releases end to end related to “Basel 3 Credit RWA Accuracy Project – MAS 637” with major Credit RWA saving, that includes a) loandepo with ‘Effective Maturity’ (Credit RWA saving $S500MM), b) collateral and guarantor management (RWA saving $S400MM) c) margin deposit (RWA saving $S20MM)
Family business culture with little appreciation
AVP (Former Employee) –  Raffles placeSeptember 6, 2016
Reward is only for those who know how to suck up to the management.
Others are merely a pawn that work like no life with no appreciation.

Even when I left, therenot even an exit interview and just ask to fill an online survey form.

Also there is always a bottom 5% axing where it include those on long mc with genuine medical problem.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, mere pawn mindset
Good
AVP - Planning & Finance (Current Employee) –  RafflesJuly 15, 2016
Not too bad for Asset Management. Work life balanced is quite achievable. However, it's a local based company, so some things are micro managed.
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  AlexandraJanuary 23, 2016
I spend about 2 to 3 hours on travelling from and to the company.

I just feel it is a waste to spend the time on travelling.

In IT line, long working hours which is expected. But again, travelling time to too long.
Pros
Familiar with environment
Cons
Too far from my house
Hectic yet fulfilling work
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  UOB LtdMarch 1, 2014
Inspection of common areas
facilities management
project management

good co-workers, teamwork is presence

hardest yet most enjoyable part of job is human management
Challenging But Rewarding Workplace
Assistant Vice President, Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raffles PlaceOctober 21, 2013
The day starts with Market Updates from the respective specialist, followed by daily projection of sales revenue. I would set myself at least 3 appointments a day. During the time that I am not out for appointments, I will be calling to fix appointment with customers or to call for any potential FX and Dual Currency trades on my desk. The day ends with night calls and paper work at night.
I also have regular meetings with my respective specialists as I believe that sharing of ideas in this dynamic market environment helps to stay relevant, boost my market and investment knowledge and more importantly, help to bring in the sales revenue. On top of that, I engage in frequent conversation with my Team Head to review my performance and see which areas can be further enhanced, whether are we working towards or away from our individual and team goals.
In this role, I have learn to be independent and take ownership of matters. I have also learn to be tenacious to what I have commit onto and never give up until the goals that I have set have come to pass.
The hardest part of the job is to fight to stay focus when there are plenty of 'noises' from either the management or the colleagues when times are tough and challenging, (eg. hard pressed for numbers).
The most enjoyable part of the job is that my colleagues and I have forged a good camaraderie in challenging times. We work hard and play hard as well.
Pros
Good commission structure and incentive payouts
Cons
work life balance is minimal
AVP - Group Technology - Management Accountimg (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00March 22, 2013
People skills matters at every level
Management follows local sentiments