UNIQLO Employee Review

Poor Treatment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsFebruary 16, 2019
Some Full-timers wont bother helping you despite you having questions. They will scold you in public with customers watching. Personally experienced this before.
Cons
Long hours, keep changing layout and expect u remember immediatey, unhelpful

Other UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Fun and experieced work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jurong pointDecember 8, 2019
I learn how to work at a fast paced ,how to replenishing it to the store while the store is open ,how to attract customers ,and also to be able to give the customers need and wants.
Regretted applying for the job before I even started work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChangiNovember 23, 2019
Just started working so view is a bit biased, which may change as I continue to work. But this is based on my first week of working here at UNIQLO.

Everything's very fast-paced. The moment you start your first day, you're expected to know more or less everything. You're basically not allowed to mess up even if you don't anything and are still learning. And even when you ask them for help or for clarification, the ones who are more or less in charge always sound like they're scolding you (even in front of customers!), which in turn makes you NOT want to ask them for any more help. But you also need help or you'll get scolded, so you get scolded either way. So I'm very scared to talk to them. We're all expected to tidy up the store after it closes and are assigned to our own areas. When I tidy up one part before going to my next assigned part, the person in charge will check what I had finished to see if it's up to standards. And if it's not, just hearing them yell out my name for everyone to hear, and then them loudly pointing out the parts I missed, is very embarrassing. It's very humiliating and it always brings my morale down. Couldn't they just inform me in a softer voice since I'm the only one working on that area?

What's more, the current employees in the store I'm stationed at are very closed off. I joined with a bunch of other part-timers, and they're the only ones I talk to. I rarely talk to the senior staff since they've got their own clique and don't really bother opening up to us newbies. That's why I never stay in the staff room for break and always opt to
  more... eat away from the store as much as I can. As such, we get very hesitant to approach them during work, which leads to -- yup, you guessed it! -- us getting scolded when we're not doing the job right.

All in all: I hate it. I always dread going to work the next day but I can't quit now because of financial issues.

PS: managers keep giving me afternoon shift, which you can easily OT since the store closes by then, and it's affecting my health. I want to raise this up with them but I'm too scared of them to even talk to them regarding my HEALTH, of all things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIQLO. Our community is ready to answer.