UNIQLO Employee Review

Productive and Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportOctober 15, 2019
The most enjoyable part about working at Uniqlo is to be able to assist customers in "designing" a new look for them on the go. Although some customers are hard to handle, being able to experience and understand different types of apparels are important to meet the required needs of customers.

Other UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Regretted applying for the job before I even started work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChangiNovember 23, 2019
Just started working so view is a bit biased, which may change as I continue to work. But this is based on my first week of working here at UNIQLO.

Everything's very fast-paced. The moment you start your first day, you're expected to know more or less everything. You're basically not allowed to mess up even if you don't anything and are still learning. And even when you ask them for help or for clarification, the ones who are more or less in charge always sound like they're scolding you (even in front of customers!), which in turn makes you NOT want to ask them for any more help. But you also need help or you'll get scolded, so you get scolded either way. So I'm very scared to talk to them. We're all expected to tidy up the store after it closes and are assigned to our own areas. When I tidy up one part before going to my next assigned part, the person in charge will check what I had finished to see if it's up to standards. And if it's not, just hearing them yell out my name for everyone to hear, and then them loudly pointing out the parts I missed, is very embarrassing. It's very humiliating and it always brings my morale down. Couldn't they just inform me in a softer voice since I'm the only one working on that area?

What's more, the current employees in the store I'm stationed at are very closed off. I joined with a bunch of other part-timers, and they're the only ones I talk to. I rarely talk to the senior staff since they've got their own clique and don't really bother opening up to us newbies. That's why I never stay in the staff room for break and always opt to
  more... eat away from the store as much as I can. As such, we get very hesitant to approach them during work, which leads to -- yup, you guessed it! -- us getting scolded when we're not doing the job right.

All in all: I hate it. I always dread going to work the next day but I can't quit now because of financial issues.

PS: managers keep giving me afternoon shift, which you can easily OT since the store closes by then, and it's affecting my health. I want to raise this up with them but I'm too scared of them to even talk to them regarding my HEALTH, of all things.
A average working environment that can be improve
Sale advisor (Former Employee) –  BedokNovember 15, 2019
Kinda have a bad management by one day gave me closing and the next day morning shift which I don’t have enough sleep. Therefore I felt that is abit tough for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIQLO. Our community is ready to answer.

UNIQLO Reviews by Location