UNIQLO Management reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 1,370 reviews
Regretted applying for the job before I even started work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChangiNovember 23, 2019
Just started working so view is a bit biased, which may change as I continue to work. But this is based on my first week of working here at UNIQLO.

Everything's very fast-paced. The moment you start your first day, you're expected to know more or less everything. You're basically not allowed to mess up even if you don't anything and are still learning. And even when you ask them for help or for clarification, the ones who are more or less in charge always sound like they're scolding you (even in front of customers!), which in turn makes you NOT want to ask them for any more help. But you also need help or you'll get scolded, so you get scolded either way. So I'm very scared to talk to them. We're all expected to tidy up the store after it closes and are assigned to our own areas. When I tidy up one part before going to my next assigned part, the person in charge will check what I had finished to see if it's up to standards. And if it's not, just hearing them yell out my name for everyone to hear, and then them loudly pointing out the parts I missed, is very embarrassing. It's very humiliating and it always brings my morale down. Couldn't they just inform me in a softer voice since I'm the only one working on that area?

What's more, the current employees in the store I'm stationed at are very closed off. I joined with a bunch of other part-timers, and they're the only ones I talk to. I rarely talk to the senior staff since they've got their own clique and don't really bother opening up to us newbies. That's why I never stay in the staff room for break and always opt to
  more... eat away from the store as much as I can. As such, we get very hesitant to approach them during work, which leads to -- yup, you guessed it! -- us getting scolded when we're not doing the job right.

All in all: I hate it. I always dread going to work the next day but I can't quit now because of financial issues.

PS: managers keep giving me afternoon shift, which you can easily OT since the store closes by then, and it's affecting my health. I want to raise this up with them but I'm too scared of them to even talk to them regarding my HEALTH, of all things.
A average working environment that can be improve
Sale advisor (Former Employee) –  BedokNovember 15, 2019
Kinda have a bad management by one day gave me closing and the next day morning shift which I don’t have enough sleep. Therefore I felt that is abit tough for me.
A different experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 17, 2019
Learnt various different skills and also how to manage the time wisely, so as to complete the tasks on time. Working with different people is also a good experience, and usually they make tasks much easier to handle. The management also puts in effort to ensure that the staff gets equal opportunity to obtain new skills and responsibilities.
Fun and progressive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  TampinesApril 15, 2019
With my long experience working in Uniqlo, they are always changing with the times. Be it with the digitalisation or the management team. It is not an easy job working in uniqlo as you are always tasked with various roles and sometimes can be challenging. However, if you continue to work hard, you will see yourself grow with the company.
Hardwork but fun environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 14, 2019
UNIQLO provided me with a lot of learning opportunities from the moment I started. It is a fast-paced organisation, hence there is constant learning needed in order to keep up with other employees. Working at UNIQLO requires interacting with customers to help meet their shopping needs. The hardest part of this job is the long hours required and it does require quite a lot of hard work physically, and the upper management that employees had to deal with. The most enjoyable part of working for this organisation is that the employees are all friendly and helpful, making learning less stressful as they are constantly there to help you when help is needed.
Pros
Good medical benefits and constant appraisal if store manager is good.
Cons
Long hours and physically demanding, bad upper management
Horrible hideous workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  JemAugust 5, 2018
Don’t work in this company if possible avoid it! Must work faster, given just 5 mins to complete the task, have to greet louder. Stupid idiot company’
Pros
Vending machine that sells cheap drinks situated inside the staff room
Cons
Long hrs & annoying managers telling you to work faster.
Tiring and Stressful
Part Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 27, 2018
Joined as a part time but pay is not worth the amount of effort put in. Firstly, we have to do cleaning in the morning but company only pay you $7.50 as compared to hiring professional cleaners. Also, it is very stressful as managers give you very little time to complete a lot of tasks. Some staff are nice while others tend to bully new-comers. No work-life balance as there is long working hours and you are usually asked to extend beyond your clock out time. Management is very strict with staff and there are many assessments internally. I recommend working at any other retail outlet that pays you more than $7.50 per hour. The $7.50 is already inclusive of public holidays and annual leave (encashed) so TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
30% staff discount
Cons
Really tiring
Bad working culture and environment
Senior Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 25, 2018
Job scope was alright and manageable. But working environment was toxic and unbearable. Most staff are all foreigners and lots of work conflicts. Management are sometimes biased and if you refuse to OT, you're dead cause it won't be possible. Bad attitude from a lot of staff as well as management literally do not care if we are humans working or objects under their supervision.
Pros
Job scope is alright, average pay, staff discount
Cons
Treated like objects, Work life balance
Friendly staffs
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  PunggolFebruary 3, 2018
It's a good company to learn about the management skills from the front to the back end of the office. You will definitely learn how to run your own business and what should be done to ensure your business can be run smoothly.
Fun working environment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Plaza SingapuraSeptember 21, 2017
The people and management are easily to get a long with. They really well trained their staff and ensure that all customer will walk out of the store with happy face.

I've learnt how to do cashiering, stock take, check stock, clean up the store and do back end job such as transfer and receiving of stocks.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Inflexible hours
Disciplined brand according to it's origin,
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  BugisJune 14, 2017
The shopfloor requirements were of standard expectations with the exception of extra emphasis on manners due to the Japanese culture. The only issue was the scheduling being too demanding especially on part timers/ students.As someone who has done retail many times, the best part is still the satisfaction of customers and receiving good feed backs.
Pros
30% discount off products for staff
Cons
demanding schedule requirements and impolite upper management
Easy to get along with staff
Full Time Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  OrchardApril 5, 2017
Great staff, easy to communicate. However, work life balance is unmanageable as there is undesirable working hours. Also, management is unfair and not following policy.
challenging but fun
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orchard CentralApril 4, 2017
Working in Uniqlo flagship store is very challenging but fun. You will be working with very passionate associate from different nationalities. We commit ourselves to a management model that controls costs while streamlining production schedules and minimizing retail prices.

We provide customers with the highest quality service by meeting their demands and offering service that exceeds their expectations.

We provide a pleasant working environment in which our employees around the world can produce innovative results as a team.

Our aim is to become the world’s Number 1 casual apparel brand.
Fun but few work balance
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 16, 2016
The management is alright, with a few good co-workers to past the time, it can also be a routine at work doing the same thing over and over again
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Retailer (Former Employee) –  BugisMarch 4, 2015
It's a great place to work because all the staff are friendly and easy to talk to. I learned a lot of things like you have to know the top 10 items ad items on sale so that when customers ask, you know hat to tell them.

The management is good, the are understanding and try to help out when they can.

The hardest part of the job is you cannot leave your station; when you need to go to the restroom or have a sip of drink, you have to ask someone to stand at your post while you go and do the necessary things. Besides that, being shout at especially when you're on the tall ladder and they shout at you, you will be shocked and might fall down if not careful
Pros
Making new friends