UNIQLO

UNIQLO Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 1,377 reviews
Fun and experieced work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jurong pointDecember 8, 2019
I learn how to work at a fast paced ,how to replenishing it to the store while the store is open ,how to attract customers ,and also to be able to give the customers need and wants.
Regretted applying for the job before I even started work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChangiNovember 23, 2019
Just started working so view is a bit biased, which may change as I continue to work. But this is based on my first week of working here at UNIQLO.

Everything's very fast-paced. The moment you start your first day, you're expected to know more or less everything. You're basically not allowed to mess up even if you don't anything and are still learning. And even when you ask them for help or for clarification, the ones who are more or less in charge always sound like they're scolding you (even in front of customers!), which in turn makes you NOT want to ask them for any more help. But you also need help or you'll get scolded, so you get scolded either way. So I'm very scared to talk to them. We're all expected to tidy up the store after it closes and are assigned to our own areas. When I tidy up one part before going to my next assigned part, the person in charge will check what I had finished to see if it's up to standards. And if it's not, just hearing them yell out my name for everyone to hear, and then them loudly pointing out the parts I missed, is very embarrassing. It's very humiliating and it always brings my morale down. Couldn't they just inform me in a softer voice since I'm the only one working on that area?

What's more, the current employees in the store I'm stationed at are very closed off. I joined with a bunch of other part-timers, and they're the only ones I talk to. I rarely talk to the senior staff since they've got their own clique and don't really bother opening up to us newbies. That's why I never stay in the staff room for break and always opt to
  more... eat away from the store as much as I can. As such, we get very hesitant to approach them during work, which leads to -- yup, you guessed it! -- us getting scolded when we're not doing the job right.

All in all: I hate it. I always dread going to work the next day but I can't quit now because of financial issues.

PS: managers keep giving me afternoon shift, which you can easily OT since the store closes by then, and it's affecting my health. I want to raise this up with them but I'm too scared of them to even talk to them regarding my HEALTH, of all things.
Productive and Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportOctober 15, 2019
The most enjoyable part about working at Uniqlo is to be able to assist customers in "designing" a new look for them on the go. Although some customers are hard to handle, being able to experience and understand different types of apparels are important to meet the required needs of customers.
A different experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 17, 2019
Learnt various different skills and also how to manage the time wisely, so as to complete the tasks on time. Working with different people is also a good experience, and usually they make tasks much easier to handle. The management also puts in effort to ensure that the staff gets equal opportunity to obtain new skills and responsibilities.
Stress and Fun workplace
Part time Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  OrchardAugust 13, 2019
Store manager and supervisor understands part-timers mostly are students rather flexible with working hours. Looking for job progression not recommended for this job. But if you are a student and working at the same time, this is good place.
Great for hands on experience on every level
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 14, 2019
A well bonded environment with all employees on every level, regardless of managerial or not. A typical day consists of scheduling and job rotation across different job scopes. This was the best part of the job as we are not restricted to one aspect of the job, and we get to learn everything and anything that goes on within the retail store. Rotating of shifts also allow us to communicate with the employee before and after shifts, that greatly increases the bond and enjoyment of the job.
Pros
Very good discounts for employees, 1.5 times overtime pay, good working locations nearby to amentities
Cons
Always have to clock in overtime due to overwhelming workload
Passionate Teamplayer
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Jurong PointMay 22, 2019
Definitely in order to work at uniqlo an individual needs to be passionate and love their job. Work well with fellow colleagues. Customers always comes first.
Hardwork but fun environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 14, 2019
UNIQLO provided me with a lot of learning opportunities from the moment I started. It is a fast-paced organisation, hence there is constant learning needed in order to keep up with other employees. Working at UNIQLO requires interacting with customers to help meet their shopping needs. The hardest part of this job is the long hours required and it does require quite a lot of hard work physically, and the upper management that employees had to deal with. The most enjoyable part of working for this organisation is that the employees are all friendly and helpful, making learning less stressful as they are constantly there to help you when help is needed.
Pros
Good medical benefits and constant appraisal if store manager is good.
Cons
Long hours and physically demanding, bad upper management
Productive and Fun Environment
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 28, 2019
Daily tasks such as folding of apparels.
Changing mannequins.
Fitting room duties.
Rotation of location to cover while doing work.
Lots of product knowledge.
Cons
Long Hours
Poor Treatment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsFebruary 16, 2019
Some Full-timers wont bother helping you despite you having questions. They will scold you in public with customers watching. Personally experienced this before.
Cons
Long hours, keep changing layout and expect u remember immediatey, unhelpful
Productive and fun
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 22, 2019
Uniqlo is a big company and the colleagues there are very fun. For example, we will conduct a meeting every morning for opening and afternoon meeting for those that are doing afternoon shift. The store will always be filled with laughters and smiles everyday.
Pros
Store is vibrant and lively
Cons
Long working hours for part timers
Workplace industry
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  WoodlandsJanuary 8, 2019
Work day and time ?

UNIQLO employees about UNIQLO culture, salaries, benefits, ... UNIQLO Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate.

Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
fun and enjoyable place to work at
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  BugisJuly 22, 2018
opening day -
able to reach in time
prepare everything needed before store opens
know the daily goals

closing day -
fast and efficient
clean up the area for next day
know the daily goals
Pros
quite easy to do
Cons
hard to memories area for the clothing
Challenging
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Orchard CentralJune 22, 2018
If you are looking for a retail/job that is pushing your limits and boundaries, UNIQLO is definitely the place to be. It is hard at the beginning but it gives a satisfaction feeling that you are able to see yourself grow.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long Hours
A Productive place with a Japanese work culture
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  SuntecJune 21, 2018
Start off the day with dusting and arranging of shelves.
Gather for team review and goals of the day.
Need to work fast and know where your items are placed to help customers find their items quickly;
Tiring and Stressful
Part Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 27, 2018
Joined as a part time but pay is not worth the amount of effort put in. Firstly, we have to do cleaning in the morning but company only pay you $7.50 as compared to hiring professional cleaners. Also, it is very stressful as managers give you very little time to complete a lot of tasks. Some staff are nice while others tend to bully new-comers. No work-life balance as there is long working hours and you are usually asked to extend beyond your clock out time. Management is very strict with staff and there are many assessments internally. I recommend working at any other retail outlet that pays you more than $7.50 per hour. The $7.50 is already inclusive of public holidays and annual leave (encashed) so TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
30% staff discount
Cons
Really tiring
Fun Workplace
Part-time Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 13, 2018
Work was really fun due to the people I work with, hence I looked forward to work everytime. The most enjoyable part of work will definitely be, being able to see the smile on customer's faces when they are happy with the service at uniqlo.
Fun but torturous work environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Changi City PointOctober 31, 2017
I learnt to be more organised in this job but the senior staffs are not as understanding as they would force workers to work longer than work schedule
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
long hours, delay in clocking out from work
Eye Opener
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  bedok mallOctober 26, 2017
A working environment where they uphold their rules and regulation. Always providing the best service to customers and friendly environment without comparing your position.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Long Hours
Fun working environment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Plaza SingapuraSeptember 21, 2017
The people and management are easily to get a long with. They really well trained their staff and ensure that all customer will walk out of the store with happy face.

I've learnt how to do cashiering, stock take, check stock, clean up the store and do back end job such as transfer and receiving of stocks.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Inflexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIQLO. Our community is ready to answer.