UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 1,045 reviews
Communication for Customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jurong EastAugust 7, 2018
Typical work days at Uniqlo is Operating hour from Monday - Sunday
Most enjoyable part is communicating for customers and helping them what ever their needs.
Workplace culture is Modern Japanese Company that collaborates to different strategic of clothing
Cons
10.5hrs
Horrible hideous workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  JemAugust 5, 2018
Don’t work in this company if possible avoid it! Must work faster, given just 5 mins to complete the task, have to greet louder. Stupid idiot company’
Pros
Vending machine that sells cheap drinks situated inside the staff room
Cons
Long hrs & annoying managers telling you to work faster.
fun and enjoyable place to work at
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  BugisJuly 22, 2018
opening day -
able to reach in time
prepare everything needed before store opens
know the daily goals

closing day -
fast and efficient
clean up the area for next day
know the daily goals
Pros
quite easy to do
Cons
hard to memories area for the clothing
Good place to acquire management and training skills
Senior Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  TampinesJune 26, 2018
In the job, I've been given tasks to value add to my growth as a staff. Also, the wide array of job tasks allows me to learn new skills such as handling customer complaints and whatnot.
Challenging
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Orchard CentralJune 22, 2018
If you are looking for a retail/job that is pushing your limits and boundaries, UNIQLO is definitely the place to be. It is hard at the beginning but it gives a satisfaction feeling that you are able to see yourself grow.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long Hours
A Productive place with a Japanese work culture
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  SuntecJune 21, 2018
Start off the day with dusting and arranging of shelves.
Gather for team review and goals of the day.
Need to work fast and know where your items are placed to help customers find their items quickly;
Can learn alot of thing there, eg cashier fitting room customer service
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Orchard centralJune 11, 2018
In this job customer service is the most important, which I like but if u are not a loud Person u won't get promoted easily,so everyday u will be doing the same thing
Pros
1.5 hr break
Cons
Long working hours
Good place to start your career in retail industry
Senior Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  OrchardApril 27, 2018
typical day at work-usually we need watch time every time to check everyone efficiency
What i learn- is to manage my time at all times
the hardest part of the job- is to be more multi tasking because a lot of things that need to do
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Long working hours
Good workplace
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orchard CentralApril 20, 2018
They offer career path that can help you become good person, strong business mindset. Having a new friends here is good. Giving task /responsibility able you to work hard on it.
Fun workplace
Senior retail associate/Team leader (Former Employee) –  bedok mallApril 8, 2018
I learn different type of customer expectation. Good staff discount and benefit. The most enjoyable part of the job is TEAMWORK and work place culture.
Pros
workplace culture
Tiring and Stressful
Part Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 27, 2018
Joined as a part time but pay is not worth the amount of effort put in. Firstly, we have to do cleaning in the morning but company only pay you $7.50 as compared to hiring professional cleaners. Also, it is very stressful as managers give you very little time to complete a lot of tasks. Some staff are nice while others tend to bully new-comers. No work-life balance as there is long working hours and you are usually asked to extend beyond your clock out time. Management is very strict with staff and there are many assessments internally. I recommend working at any other retail outlet that pays you more than $7.50 per hour. The $7.50 is already inclusive of public holidays and annual leave (encashed) so TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
30% staff discount
Cons
Really tiring
Fun Workplace
Part-time Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 13, 2018
Work was really fun due to the people I work with, hence I looked forward to work everytime. The most enjoyable part of work will definitely be, being able to see the smile on customer's faces when they are happy with the service at uniqlo.
Bad working culture and environment
Senior Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 25, 2018
Job scope was alright and manageable. But working environment was toxic and unbearable. Most staff are all foreigners and lots of work conflicts. Management are sometimes biased and if you refuse to OT, you're dead cause it won't be possible. Bad attitude from a lot of staff as well as management literally do not care if we are humans working or objects under their supervision.
Pros
Job scope is alright, average pay, staff discount
Cons
Treated like objects, Work life balance
Patient supervisors
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bugis plusFebruary 11, 2018
I am a slow learner. However the supervisors there are really there to help me adapt to the work environment. Of course I cannot say all but most. There might be many mistake I make but most of the time I was told off in a considerable tone. They make sure I learn and also advice me of what problems am I going to expect in a working world. On the other hand the other kind of people in the world will make use of you but I am not oppressed by their treatment, these are lessons that I have to learn some days. Hence I think it is a good environment for starters to explore the working world as they can adapt gradually to their work life.
Pros
Really nice leaders there
Cons
Horrifying long hours of standing
exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  mall of asiaFebruary 10, 2018
I am excited going to work everyday because theirs a lot of things to learn, strategies, conditions, sales, new items and hows the company achieving its targets everyday. The managers are very approachable they open to all of your questions and suggestions even they are non-Filipinos. They aware of what Filipino tradition and culture have.
Pros
incentives
Fun workplace
Senior Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  SerangoonFebruary 6, 2018
Good working environment, despite being a tiring and physically demanding job, everyone around you is very positive and motivates you. Able to learn a lot and everyone is willing to teach you new things.
Pros
Good working environment
Friendly staffs
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  PunggolFebruary 3, 2018
It's a good company to learn about the management skills from the front to the back end of the office. You will definitely learn how to run your own business and what should be done to ensure your business can be run smoothly.
learnings and self development
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jurong EastJanuary 26, 2018
To explore more about this company and help my self to be fully developed in terms of skills and personality.It also gives a lot of ideas that can possibly contribute and a progressive company.This learnings and self development will truly and surely helf my self and the company to be better.
The most enjoyable part of the job
RETAIL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 18, 2018
Uniqlo is known for its Customer Service and this is the most enjoyable part of the job when everyone is a team player in achieving the highest level of customer service.
Pros
high salary
Cons
Fun but torturous work environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Changi City PointOctober 31, 2017
I learnt to be more organised in this job but the senior staffs are not as understanding as they would force workers to work longer than work schedule
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
long hours, delay in clocking out from work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIQLO. Our community is ready to answer.

UNIQLO Reviews by Location