UNIQLO

UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Found 70 reviews matching the search See all 1,369 reviews
Strongly Not Recommended
Senior Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  TampinesDecember 9, 2019
Due to japanese culture,ot is a norm.Never expect to end work on time.It is very fast paced and you have to practically doing something at every hour,min.If there is a huge volume of incoming stock from warehouse,coming to work 30min earlier on top of working hours is complusory.Can expect to work 4 days straight morning or afternoon shift for full timer before rest day.Total working hours per week is confirm more than MOM guideline of 44hours.Break time for first break is one hour,second break is only 30min.Going toilet or drinking water have to inform in-charge.

After clocking in, have to copy down a lot of notes within a certain time frame.A short meeting will commence soon after.After the meeting,everyone will have to say a have a good day of work and bow and go to respective location.

Morning shift starts from 730,8am.End 7pm onwards.Morning duties begin from dusting of shelves,replenishment from delivery of warehouse follow by daily schedule(doing cashier,replenishment at stock room,fitting room,standing at different location of the store to recover tidyness).If position is at front of the store,have to keep shouting "welcome to uniqlo" else will get chide.Cashier will have to do mic announcement for offer items every 5min.

Afternoon shift starts from 1230,1245am.End 11pm onwards.End of the day will be tidying at your respective location with correct size chips,order as well as alignment of clothes.
Fun and experieced work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jurong pointDecember 8, 2019
I learn how to work at a fast paced ,how to replenishing it to the store while the store is open ,how to attract customers ,and also to be able to give the customers need and wants.
Regretted applying for the job before I even started work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChangiNovember 23, 2019
Just started working so view is a bit biased, which may change as I continue to work. But this is based on my first week of working here at UNIQLO.

Everything's very fast-paced. The moment you start your first day, you're expected to know more or less everything. You're basically not allowed to mess up even if you don't anything and are still learning. And even when you ask them for help or for clarification, the ones who are more or less in charge always sound like they're scolding you (even in front of customers!), which in turn makes you NOT want to ask them for any more help. But you also need help or you'll get scolded, so you get scolded either way. So I'm very scared to talk to them. We're all expected to tidy up the store after it closes and are assigned to our own areas. When I tidy up one part before going to my next assigned part, the person in charge will check what I had finished to see if it's up to standards. And if it's not, just hearing them yell out my name for everyone to hear, and then them loudly pointing out the parts I missed, is very embarrassing. It's very humiliating and it always brings my morale down. Couldn't they just inform me in a softer voice since I'm the only one working on that area?

What's more, the current employees in the store I'm stationed at are very closed off. I joined with a bunch of other part-timers, and they're the only ones I talk to. I rarely talk to the senior staff since they've got their own clique and don't really bother opening up to us newbies. That's why I never stay in the staff room for break and always opt to
  more... eat away from the store as much as I can. As such, we get very hesitant to approach them during work, which leads to -- yup, you guessed it! -- us getting scolded when we're not doing the job right.

All in all: I hate it. I always dread going to work the next day but I can't quit now because of financial issues.

PS: managers keep giving me afternoon shift, which you can easily OT since the store closes by then, and it's affecting my health. I want to raise this up with them but I'm too scared of them to even talk to them regarding my HEALTH, of all things.
A average working environment that can be improve
Sale advisor (Former Employee) –  BedokNovember 15, 2019
Kinda have a bad management by one day gave me closing and the next day morning shift which I don’t have enough sleep. Therefore I felt that is abit tough for me.
Productive and Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportOctober 15, 2019
The most enjoyable part about working at Uniqlo is to be able to assist customers in "designing" a new look for them on the go. Although some customers are hard to handle, being able to experience and understand different types of apparels are important to meet the required needs of customers.
Opportunity to grow
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  JemOctober 8, 2019
To be honest uniqlo is stressful when u stress urself! But common there's no easy job that will pay you fairly.. I love working in uniqlo because of the career progression is fast, bonus, salary is good but can increase more due to job is really2 fast paced. Everything that we are doing have timing, time management is really2 important, as a Japanese company its normal and I like it. But not all staff will like it though, I just hope that uniqlo will have company party sort of thing. So and more incentives for supervisor and below so that they will be encourage more to work hard and be more involved in achieving sales target.
A different experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 17, 2019
Learnt various different skills and also how to manage the time wisely, so as to complete the tasks on time. Working with different people is also a good experience, and usually they make tasks much easier to handle. The management also puts in effort to ensure that the staff gets equal opportunity to obtain new skills and responsibilities.
Stress and Fun workplace
Part time Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  OrchardAugust 13, 2019
Store manager and supervisor understands part-timers mostly are students rather flexible with working hours. Looking for job progression not recommended for this job. But if you are a student and working at the same time, this is good place.
Fun workplace
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 4, 2019
Was a part-time service crew member at Uniqlo
Fun working environment, friendly colleagues and supervisor
Easy and simple tasks
Good to develop customer service skills
Pros
Fun and friendly colleagues and supervisor
Cons
Strict lunch hour timings
Welcoming Workplace
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 27, 2019
Most retail jobs are pretty similar with their job scopes. The colleagues at UNIQLO are pretty welcoming and helpful, but it may take a while for individuals to get used to everything as the job scope range can be pretty broad. With stock take and the arranging of shelves, training and guidelines are provided on the spot although it may take some time. Overall a good place for part time work!
Great for hands on experience on every level
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 14, 2019
A well bonded environment with all employees on every level, regardless of managerial or not. A typical day consists of scheduling and job rotation across different job scopes. This was the best part of the job as we are not restricted to one aspect of the job, and we get to learn everything and anything that goes on within the retail store. Rotating of shifts also allow us to communicate with the employee before and after shifts, that greatly increases the bond and enjoyment of the job.
Pros
Very good discounts for employees, 1.5 times overtime pay, good working locations nearby to amentities
Cons
Always have to clock in overtime due to overwhelming workload
Passionate Teamplayer
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Jurong PointMay 22, 2019
Definitely in order to work at uniqlo an individual needs to be passionate and love their job. Work well with fellow colleagues. Customers always comes first.
It was alright.
PACKER (Former Employee) –  HarbourFrontApril 26, 2019
As a temp, the hours were not the best, but beggars cannot be choosers in the case of this kind of job scope where we were not even interacting with customers.
Pros
airconditioned and no interactions with customers.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun and progressive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  TampinesApril 15, 2019
With my long experience working in Uniqlo, they are always changing with the times. Be it with the digitalisation or the management team. It is not an easy job working in uniqlo as you are always tasked with various roles and sometimes can be challenging. However, if you continue to work hard, you will see yourself grow with the company.
Fun environment with great colleagues,
Temporary staff (Former Employee) –  BugisApril 13, 2019
As a temporary staff, typical day at work would be topping up the shelves, arranging clothes. Some extras would be giving fashion advice to shoppers helping shoppers to pick outfits for their body type.
Hardwork but fun environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 14, 2019
UNIQLO provided me with a lot of learning opportunities from the moment I started. It is a fast-paced organisation, hence there is constant learning needed in order to keep up with other employees. Working at UNIQLO requires interacting with customers to help meet their shopping needs. The hardest part of this job is the long hours required and it does require quite a lot of hard work physically, and the upper management that employees had to deal with. The most enjoyable part of working for this organisation is that the employees are all friendly and helpful, making learning less stressful as they are constantly there to help you when help is needed.
Pros
Good medical benefits and constant appraisal if store manager is good.
Cons
Long hours and physically demanding, bad upper management
Productive and Fun Environment
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 28, 2019
Daily tasks such as folding of apparels.
Changing mannequins.
Fitting room duties.
Rotation of location to cover while doing work.
Lots of product knowledge.
Cons
Long Hours
Poor Treatment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsFebruary 16, 2019
Some Full-timers wont bother helping you despite you having questions. They will scold you in public with customers watching. Personally experienced this before.
Cons
Long hours, keep changing layout and expect u remember immediatey, unhelpful
Productive and fun
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 22, 2019
Uniqlo is a big company and the colleagues there are very fun. For example, we will conduct a meeting every morning for opening and afternoon meeting for those that are doing afternoon shift. The store will always be filled with laughters and smiles everyday.
Pros
Store is vibrant and lively
Cons
Long working hours for part timers
Workplace industry
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  WoodlandsJanuary 8, 2019
Work day and time ?

UNIQLO employees about UNIQLO culture, salaries, benefits, ... UNIQLO Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate.

Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIQLO. Our community is ready to answer.