Unilever Employee Reviews

Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 9, 2018
During my work experience it was full of exciting activities learning about the company and how they make an impact. Great culture learning about the employees.
Great Place to work
Senior Global Brand Manager TRESemmé (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 30, 2018
Worked at Unilever for 10+ years across 3 regions. The culture of the company has remained the same across the different regions, great work life balance.
Efficient and fun
Business Waste Executive (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 7, 2017
> Happy to work in
> A lot of things to will learn even if it's not part of your job description
> Management will secure your growth
> Feels like family
> Very challenging since I have to chase people
Great
Applied Food Microbiologist (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Gemeente VlaardingenSeptember 20, 2017
It was my honour to work in one of six global R&D centre of Unilever. I learnt a lot and had a lot of fun there. All colleagues are happy to help interns. There are many experts in different area such as chemistry, microbiology and food processing. You can easily approach them and learn knowledge form them. I really appreciate this experience that working in Unilever.
Productive and highly recommended company.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 19, 2017
In almost 6 years of experience in unilever, I am thankful that not just job they gave to me. They gave to me also a lot of experience and knowledges. Also they allow me express different of skills.
Fun place to work
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 30, 2017
The best working place I ever had so far, friendly colleagues and great working environment. As a 3rd party employee I love the flexibility of work they promote agile working. Can learn more and enhance communication skill.
Productive with agile working
Assistant brand manager pepsodent toothbrush (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 20, 2017
The best company i ever had with agile working, this privilege that other company does not offer.
this company is like family, we help each other and I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Agile working
it was always work and no guarantee on advancement
Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 17, 2017
Demanding hours and there is no clear KPIs for the job. Advancement was a political topic and it wasnt dependent clearly on performance. If you're looking for a real marketing job, this is not the place to do it. You'll be learning more on stakeholder management.
Best learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 6, 2017
Great place to learn and a brilliant work culture. Working at the Singapore branch was one of the best decisions and a great experience.
Pros
Cons
non
fun workplace
Consumer marketing insights (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 16, 2017
colleagues are so nice. work environments are good and also benefit to employee. Although i world there as part time job, i still love there and wan to continue work there.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 19, 2017
The atmosphere at Unilever is very nice: people are nice, the work to do is very interesting and the overall location/building are very nice to work in.

The people I worked with really tried to make my experience interesting and exciting as it was my first job "placement".
Because Unilever is such a big company, I didn't have time to be bored, I always had something to do and something new to discover.
Excellent company to work with
Regional Logistics Excellence Program Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 22, 2016
Work is always interesting and challenging. Unilever culture allows people to change to different fields and prove their ability to succeed.
Great teamwork, fun working with colleagues
Software Programmer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 11, 2016
working in office with great colleagues will enhance my skills and understanding about business and developing the logics in macros for creating the reports. the hardest part is when the supply planners will not give the requirements on time this will keep delaying the projects to be done on the timeline.
Good work life balance and benefits, lots of politics
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 19, 2016
Work life balance is emphasized by the organization allowing people to work from home or on flexible hours when necessary. Benefits are good with free gym membership and dependents medical included.

Downside is the company is very competitive making everyone seeming to be after each other's throats. Politics is very strong in the company where people cannot just sit down and work. You have to always check what is happening and be prepared in case you are the next one to get axed. There is a strong anti-foreigner sentiment among locals which is ridiculous considering this is a multi-national company.

If you can live with the downsides and have a thick skin to deal with irritating politics, then this may be for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.
Pros
Good benefits, work-life balance
Cons
Extremely bad office politics
Provided me strong foundation in marketing
Senior Brand Manager Asia (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 17, 2015
Leading edge in marketing, it provided me the opportunity to really grow in my profession

Good place to work if you want to learn consumer product marketing
Excellent place to get challenging roles
Global Supply Chain Director - Spreads & Dressings (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 30, 2015
I learned on doing business in a sustainable manner, in a consistent manner, in a responsible manner and in a profitable manner. Learnt a lot on personal safety, which the company cared a lot.
Pros
great employee care
Shell Deperlendirmesi
Global Customer Development Finance A.Mngr (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 25, 2015
Sirket profili tatmin edici olup, fırsatlar iyi değerlendirildiğinde kalıcı pozisyonlara gelinebilir.
Great workplace with lots of knowledge gained.
Asst Finance Manager - Supply Chain (Regional) (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00April 23, 2015
Liaising with the people in different countries give a better understanding of how the company functions in those countries.

Had great co workers who always had each others back making the work life there very enjoyable.
A Great Company To Work In
ASSISTANT KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Singapore,April 8, 2015
Lots of things to learn and explore. A great company to work in!

Great culture and nice people. Overall the best company that I've worked for
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Intern at a fun and exciting place
Leadership Intern (Marketing) (Former Employee) –  HabourfrontMarch 11, 2015
I was selected to initiate a new project in this internship. My team and my boss are very supportive to me and I enjoyed it a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2