Trafigura Employee Reviews for Operator

See reviews about:
Fast paced high pressure environment
Oil Operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GPOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work involved planning on how product will be moved from point A to point B in the most cost effective way to ensure that economic value is maximized for the company on that particular trade.

This would include, finding appropriate transporters, clearing agents and inspectors in various countries, ensuring that subcontractors are paid, invoicing customers for services rendered and product provided.

The most challenging part of the job was unreliable communication in certain countries in Africa (Bad telephone network), bad roads and delays at the borders.

I learned how to work within a budget and enhanced my skill of dealing with pressure.

The most enjoyable part of the job was been able to see the improvements in the supply chain from the time I started and been able to quantify the impact of my work to the bottom line of the company.

I got job satisfaction by knowing the commercial value I added to my company.
Pros
Got to travel, Free drinks, 100% medical aid paid, company cell phone and laptop with access to internet
Cons
High turnaround of work force
company that does not care about their employees
Oil Operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, CAOctober 6, 2014
Typical day at work is finding something new added to your list of responsibilities, no work structure what so ever that clearly states our own objectives. Things are created as you move along with the role. Have learned that a company that doesn't have a structure is frustrating to say the least. There is no management...!!! Enjoyed working with my ex co-workers they made the day not seem that long
Pros
salary package good
Cons
There is no growth in the company and odd working hours

Want to know more about Trafigura?

Ask a question