Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 377 reviews matching the search See all 2,472 reviews
stressful place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 4, 2018
TSC was very stressful and I was always being questioned like I didn't know what I was doing and it was completely unfair. very rude mangement that didn't like when you asked questioned.
Pros
discounts
Cons
mangement was rude and coworkers we rude
Fun workplace and great people to work with
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 3, 2018
I have had a great experience working at Tractor Supply. I have never really had any problems working there. My manager was great, he got along well with everyone.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
There is really no cons
It’s a stressful work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, MINovember 29, 2018
It’s okay job just not being paid enough for the amount of work that I have to do on a daily basis and the team members are okay but the management is not too organized and everyone does a half way job
Bad experience created by managment .could not talk to them. They are dishonest.
Team Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Walpole, NHNovember 22, 2018
Tractor Supply was a bad experience that was Driven by the poorest Managment you could ask for It's not the company Managment just don't care about employees that work hard and that are honest . Managment is dishonest . They talk about all employees that work their and it's never good no matter how good of a employee they are . Managment all sticks together to save their own jobs .
Pros
Cons
Watching Managment run it into the ground
Rewarding and fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZNovember 20, 2018
As a Team Member yours days would consist of customer service, stocking, cleaning and cash handling. The workplace culture was have fun while you make money. The hardest part of the job is when it was slow and you were tied to the front of the store.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Not getting a lot of hours
fast-paced but smooth working business
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CANovember 17, 2018
scheduling could be better, sometimes wouldn't get time off even if asked many weeks beforehand due to poor scheduling.
most workers get along well and are even friends outside of work, others not so much. could be less dramatic.
hardest part would be asking for time off; showing that it really isnt a bad job, not very stressful, filled with good people, just has its ups and downs.
most enjoyable part is the customers becoming so close after becoming frequent visitors, also the coworkers having fun was a frequent occurance and it makes the atmosphere all the better.
Slow paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working with the customer base, however, employee training was lacking. It was a very laid back environment but a lot of responsibility was typically placed on one or two cashiers
Work focused and little part-time opportunity.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCNovember 14, 2018
While one may assume a typical day at work would be consumed with helping customers, it was not. Typically, I would work exclusively loading feed bags and freight with little customer interaction. The workplace culture was alright. The one saving grace of Tractor Supply was the good management team.
Pros
discounts, management, breaks
Cons
Dirty, heavy feed bags, 5am shifts
Interesting Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 13, 2018
A typical retail job. That help push me into being a better person. Helps teach people customer service and how to handle stressful situations. Learned more about the company.
Introverts
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTNovember 13, 2018
Introverts shouldn't manage retail stores. They cannot easily engage in conversation with customers which is key in making sales. They cannot easily communicate with employees which is key for scheduling, job performance, and overall work environment.
Awesome place to work with. Co workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 12, 2018
Everything is awesome to work at tractor supply the only bad thing is the pay. I believe they can do better but TSC Is just greedy. Aside from the pay everything is good.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
Healthcare, benefits, and pay.
Good Job for entry level postion
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 12, 2018
If you are looking for an entry level job this is a good one. Need to be able to lift 50 lb bags of feed. Long shifts on your feet. Love customer interaction. Management is a bit lacking and the scheduling is outdated as they aren't truly mindful of the requests in the calendar.
poor workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 12, 2018
did not learn anything
poor management
workplace was not the best
no enjoyable part in the job
no hard parts in the job
always having to clean up after dogs
Decent Job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Canton, TXNovember 11, 2018
I have enjoyed this job, I have just felt underpaid for the amount of physical labor that comes with the job. Other than that it is fairly enjoyable. There are days where we have fun and are productive but most days I have dreaded going to work. Not a fan of bi-weekly pay either.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, ignorant and rude customers at times
fun, fast paced workplace
Team member (Former Employee) –  Wilton, MENovember 7, 2018
I loved working here. Very accommodating and kind staff. assistant manager didn't always comply to all the rules and picked favorites. Aside from that it was a great place to work.
Pros
30 minute breaks, discounts, great customer base.
Productive but stressful
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 7, 2018
Typical day is very long and lots of heavy lifting
I’ve Learned to deal with unqualified adults
Management is very poor
Work culture very stressful
Dealing with management and heaving lifting
Great Company not so great of a manager
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PANovember 6, 2018
I worked at tractor for three years and in those three years went through two managers neither of them were any good. I loved the work and my coworkers but the store manager just wasn't a very good manager. She would constantly leave early and leave us short handed, not leave the office (watch/manage us through the stores cameras), and would disappear when you needed help. Was also constantly taking smoke breaks, using the store phone as her personal phone, and always playing games on her cell phone while "assisting" customers.
Pros
great company, friendly coworkers, rewarding labor
Cons
low pay, poor managment
Family friendly working environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 5, 2018
Tractor Supply Company is a great place to spend your working time whether part-time or full-time. Truly enjoy the teamwork and customer interaction.
Pros
401k match, relaxed environment and great management.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Wasn't too bad of a place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLOctober 18, 2018
Worked at a Tractor Supply that in my opinion was under staffed for what was expected, had an amazing manger though who always worked with me on days I needed off and hours I could work and is an extremely hard working manager.
Pros
Amazing manager, mostly friendly co-workers
Cons
Tractor supply's expectations for staff we had was a bit much
Most of the time it was a fun place to work
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, COOctober 16, 2018
Tractor Supply could be a fun place to work the first manager I worked for was very good, once she moved to a different store the new manger wasn't good at all. She woudl pick fights with assocaites and basically didn't know how to be a Store Mananger. The key holders were great to work for when they were acting managers, both knew how to manage people and they made it a very fun place to work.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Didn't pay enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.