Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Poor management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 5, 2017
My most recent manager was always neurotic, and made working there extremely stressful and a whole shift of feeling like you were walking on eggshells. When I would have problems with coworkers, he would always fail to address it, and would sometimes schedule me for 10 days in a row with only a day off afterwards.
Pros
Good discount and good products
Cons
Poor management and rude co workers
fun place to work with little leadership and order
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYNovember 10, 2017
Was unable to keep a steady schedule. bounced from 30-32 hours to 40-60 hours. hard to keep a budget, at the time there wasn't any assistance from management to pick up the slack when a lower management employee was out ill but our people were always sent to cover for other stores.
Cons
lack of coverage for breaks, healthcare expensive
dog e dog
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMNovember 9, 2017
love the customers, different rules for different people. I am a policy and procedure girl. I like rules but when they change for no reason I have a problem with that.
Cons
work weekends no family time
Stressful work environment, management not consistent
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Midland, NCNovember 9, 2017
Poor management
Stressful work environment

Manager is not consistent in his leadership of store, Team members are constantly grumbling about store procedures, and failure of consistency. Negative atmosphere
Fast paced but enjoyable company
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colchester, CTNovember 8, 2017
Work was often fast paced but fun due to excellent coworkers. Customers tended to demand excellence, and we provided it. The hardest part was unloading deliveries in a timely manner, which took practice.
Great Place to Work!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lavale, MDNovember 5, 2017
Overall, this has been a fantastic place to work. Even the customers are nice.

TSC really seems to care about both its customers and its employees. One of the ways they show this is by the monthly bonus plan. If the store makes its financial goal for the month, EVERY employee (not just the managers) earns a bonus. The bonus is based on the number of hours each employee works. So the more you work, the bigger your bonus. Everyone wins!

Probably the biggest challenges is the schedule. You might work a morning shift, afternoon shift, and evening shift all in the same week. But this seems fairly typical for retail. The manager is great about making sure the schedule is out for a two week period which makes it easier to make personal plans.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Fluctuating schedule
tractor supply is a great place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Saba, TXNovember 1, 2017
the boss is a great leader and very helpful to every thing you had a question too. The day to day was pulling feed from the backroom to the floor with pick listing, putting signs/price cuts.
Pros
15% discounts and had the weekends off
Cons
assistant manager was lazy
good experience
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Teays Valley, WVOctober 27, 2017
As a team leader, had a pleasant working experience there. Was a stressful place to work in simply just because of the multitude of customers that come in, but everyone is very sweet and helpful.
Pros
positive working environment
Cons
stress
Good People Good Managers
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jonesville, MIOctober 17, 2017
Good people, Good managers, Good Customers, good working environment, hours are fair, can be a very physical demanding job, fast paced, retail is not my favorite type of work.
Pros
good people
Cons
physical demanading
Poor management. Poor follow thru
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYOctober 15, 2017
The store manager never took care of any issues within the store. Always forced others to work all night shifts and sundays. The assistant was extremely unethical and did questionable things. Worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Pay, management team, health care, hours
Rewarding
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lowville, NYOctober 14, 2017
Working for tractor supply company is a rewarding experience with many benefits, including health coverage, dental, eye care, as well as 401k and stock options.
Good co workers
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIOctober 9, 2017
Corporate doesn't care about team leads and team members work isn't consistent not enough pay for work load no tip jars bad corporate leadership. Doesn't care about veterans and families over penny pinching.
Pros
Customers, coworkers
Cons
Low pay large work load, can never satisfy store manager
laid back work space with no real direction
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCSeptember 30, 2017
It was a simple enough job even as a manager but it did lack in communication between higher up managers as well as training for the management position. The benefits where also almost impossible to obtain as well as have any money left over for other expenses
Horrible
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PASeptember 26, 2017
Managers lie and will cause drama. They will attack your personality. Management lied about my pay and threatened me everyday to replace me with someone who they can pay less. Do not work here, go work at McDonald's.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoy working there, very fast pace hard work but they have good benefits just wish full time hours were 40 not 30. They have a variety of merchandise for everyone. I like the Team Lead position, directing employees and open and close store ,the merchandising is always exciting.
Pros
Benefits are good and the opportunities to advance are very good.
Cons
full time is 30 hours.
Great place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GASeptember 23, 2017
The atmosphere is different than other retail places, we do not rush the customer, and as a result the customers tend to be more relaxed and friendly. Legendary Customer Service really is important to the company as a whole
fun place tro work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Warren, PASeptember 19, 2017
it is a fun place to work.I like talking and helping people,with thier decisions to purchase products.to tell them all about the productrs and the features.
Pros
loation
Cons
too short of brakes
great job
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 17, 2017
I worked at the site in Cottonwood, AZ and I Loved it. the team I worked with was amazing. I enjoyed going to work everyday. if I did not move out of state I would still be there.
Tractor supply
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNSeptember 15, 2017
Tractor supply is a great place to work pay is low, if they would pay better they would have more employees to stay and work. I lvoed working there i was just Underpaid for the job that had to be done.
Managment Makes or Breaks a job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNSeptember 12, 2017
I have worked at two different stores in the TSC chain. The first one was much better, and i really enjoyed the job, the people (both customers and employees) and the pay was fair for what I was doing. The second store I worked at (I moved and transferred stores, with it earning a raise and moved from team member to team leader) was a nightmare. no one wanted to work, the employees and customers didn't want to be there, management was useless, I worked 10-15 hour days to cover shifts because people wouldn't show up and weren't reprimanded for leavings us high and dry, half the time I did more managing than the sore manager and assistant manger combined. I ended up leave the company for a completely different position much closer to home because I was tired of doing three jobs at once.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.