Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Good Job
Team Lead/ Floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great environment with nice break room.Pay is fair. benefits could be better. Some tasks are labor intense. You have plenty of responsibilities. There is always something changing in the store center court. They are willing to teach and educate there employees.They and a mission and values plus ethics that is really a big part of the company.
Pros
flexiblibility
Cons
labor intense at times
Didn't like it
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burkburnett, TXJuly 11, 2018
I did not like working at Tractor supply for one they hire people that have no clue about livestock or anything else. I think if your going to work around animal health you need to know about all of it.
Not a good balance of work and home
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 11, 2018
Not a good balance of work and home, could not seen to get a scheduled that balanced home life with work. was constantly having to ask for weekends off to spend time with my child.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Scedual
Fast paced working environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work with the opportunity to learn something new everyday. I never realized how big the inventory was until I started working there. Time passes very quickly and you seem to never stop moving,it's a great workout .The best part of the job is meeting new people and their pets as well as learning about their animals , lifestyle and being able to help them by offering our products. I enjoy the variety of pets that we get to see daily.We are a small group of employees so you all work closely together. They offer great benefits and a 15% discount..
Pros
Great benefits, employee discount, large variety of products
Cons
Pay rate could be better, Short staffed
Laid Back
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lawrence KsJuly 4, 2018
Relaxed and comfortable place to work, organized great customer service and knowledge of products. Open variety of product, open 7 days a week, had great leadership
Awful workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 3, 2018
From the day I was hired it was always being harassed by management. Not enough training what so ever and very bad attitudes from management. Not enough time given to complete tasks and then written up for not enough time. Constantly scheduled one manager and one cashier which resulted in having a customer pile up and chores pile up before leaving. I don't reccomend anyone take this position because it is not worth the stress. Take longer to find a job that won't be a temporary fix.
Pros
Cons
Awful management.
Does not promote
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodville, TXJune 27, 2018
Tractor supply does not seem to promote or want to retain employees we lost many employees because they had to work two jobs and management would not work with their schedules
Very personable. You knew your customers
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glenpool, OKJune 26, 2018
Great place and products. Small and personal. Felt like a family environment. Wide variety of products for sale. Rarely was anything out of stock for long.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No room for advancement
Teaches multitasking
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 24, 2018
Teaches a wide variety of skill sets from training to selling to inventory to stocking to customer service. Work directly with the customers with a first name basis
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
typical retail work hours
not enough employees
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTJune 23, 2018
When I worked at Tractor Supply, we were always understaffed. Oftentimes there were only two employees in the store. We seldom were able to accomplish tasks in the allotted time and were always stressed by regional managers to do more.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 18, 2018
Great opportunity for advancements. Fun work environment. Loved the customer base. Lifting is an everyday occurrence. Management is always willing to listen
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not great pay
Decent place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 10, 2018
The company itself is pretty laid back and the work done is not that difficult. Like any store, each manager is different depending on what specific store you are at. Full time has decent benefits but part time doesn't really get anything.
Pros
usually get the hours you are scheduled for
Cons
no real benefits
Depends on the store
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHJune 6, 2018
Typically answering the phones, assisting customers, and trying to keep the store organized. Having to deal with distributions messy ship ins are the hardest part, it doesn't typically make sense, as well as having to hang up hundreds of signs every single week for them to only be up for like 4 days.
Best job ever!
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 4, 2018
I worked for tractor supply for 4 years and only left due to life changes. They provide great opportunities for growth and the management was always so encouraging and flexible when it came to scheduling around school or other jobs.
Hardest part of the job
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAMay 31, 2018
The hardest part of the job is realizing that there is a lot of physical labor that most don't realize is present. This is an agricultural store, so there is heavy lifting of three point tractor equipment, livestock feed bags, hay bales, and other heavy items.
Pros
makes for a great workout
Cons
if you aren't prepared, you can lift incorrectly and injure yourself
very enjoyable place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saline, MI 48176May 23, 2018
Management has scheduled items for employees made out when you come in so you know where and what you are doing. Small staff, so you do various things to keep things fresh and work doing different tasks.
Pros
Relaxed dress code. Wear shorts in hot weather.
Cons
Pets allowed in store, but no clear directions on leashes or control.
Overworked and underpaid
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 18, 2018
Not enough people or time to complete tasks and therefore is not a positive work environment. The only good thing is the focus on customer service which is the only reason TSC survives.
tsc review
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXApril 30, 2018
never know when you actually get to go home, 15% discount is nice, the training is not good at all, freight days are a mess, but you will meet the nicest customers
Pros
15% discount
Cons
never know when you actually get to go home
Love tsc
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXApril 24, 2018
Loved working for this company... miss my TSC family... a great company to work for...the store manger I worked under was very knowledgeable and always willing to help out...
I enjoyed the customers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LAApril 23, 2018
I learned a lot from customers and products that the company sold as well as was given the opportunity to be an integral part or the community in which I lived

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.