Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Cashier

Its an enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYNovember 27, 2017
A typical day there wasn't one every day was different. The management was good you could always go to them with any problems concerns or questions you might of had at the time. The workplace is enjoyable. The employees are always willing to help each other out no matter the situation. The hardest part of the job i thought was at times was trying to multi-task while being at the register and cashing people out. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and meeting new people that came in to shop.
Lots of hustle for little pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2017
Your work environment depends entirely on your general manager. Be prepared to hustle. A background knowledge in agriculture is recommended, but not required.
it was never what a job should be.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXNovember 13, 2017
they hired me at 17 to witch i did not lie about but i was given the job anyway, then i was irregularly payed due to my age and was under paid compared to what we has agreed to. i was also treated unfairly do to my age, i would not recommend working their unless you're over the age of twenty four.
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CANovember 11, 2017
Great company to work for! Managed very well, great benefits and fair compensation. Company offers good advancement opportunities, good incentive to stay.
nice coworkers but no benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seagoville, TXNovember 7, 2017
hired as part time. no paid hoildays or vacation been with company over a year.coworkers are great there only 12-14 all together only 6 are full time,instead hiring a full time night cashier to work 5 nights a week they hire 4 and split hours.
Pros
15% discount on purchases
Cons
no breaks, except for lunch, if there is coverage
tractor supply was a great part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MNNovember 2, 2017
working for tractor supply company was a great job, but needed to start making full time money so had to move into the factory business. I loved the customers and would definitely go back and work there again
secure
cashier (Former Employee) –  Burkburnett, TXOctober 21, 2017
the workplace is very relaxed and the co workers are all friendly with one another which make this a great place for someone to get a second job or a relaxed style job
Great Team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncansville, PAOctober 9, 2017
The Derby TSC store is really a great place to work with a wonderful staff. It's to bad that corporate doesn't recognize if they paid better and had PTO and other decent benefits, they might actually make sales plan.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
benefits. PTO. vacation
managment at the one i work at is awful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYSeptember 6, 2017
our manager is wonderful, she cant really make a scheudule but works with you as best she can. the new assistant is on a power trip and not much fun to work with or for. I like the people I work with but I do think I deserve more pay. the staff is friendly for the most part.
very friendly and customer service oriented
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYAugust 18, 2017
I loved working at Tractor Supply. My Co-workers and boss were very friendly and helped me alot when i was pregnant. Great customer service. i really enjoyed helping customers get what they needed.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
part time positon
Pretty good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHAugust 15, 2017
I loved working here, but after some of the management left, the new management team went downhill very quickly. A typical day was pretty easy; 4-7 hours of working behind the register. Usually solo.
Horrible.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAAugust 10, 2017
The conditions were less than beneficial. No one wants to help you during your job and no one wants to cover for you; long hours without break and a small lunch if you're lucky.
Pros
None.
Cons
Short Breaks, Long Hours, Low Pay, Instability, Rude Staff
Productive Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ramona, CAAugust 8, 2017
Working for tractor is easy if you know what your doing and selling. That's all i really have to say yet there is a 150 character minimum on this thing so i am now aimlessly typing. Sorry about it.
Terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 4, 2017
Management doesn't know how to do schedules properly, constantly changing the schedule threw out the week. Understaffed all the time especially on friday-sunday which is the worst days to be understaffed. Requests for days off months in advance go un noticed.
Cons
Bad management
fun environment, easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at tractor supply but the schedule would get posted 2 days before the work week so it was very hard to plan an outside work life. One manager was really rude to everyone, I always got complaints about him and his attitude.
bad managmet
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 19, 2017
the manager is not the best to work for very judgmental. If you are a had working you will never get the appropriation that you deserve, you always feel like your not good enough.
many job responcibilites
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dodge City, KSJuly 3, 2017
while the job of cashier has very low pay and hours. the job itself is simply to do tasks given while not attending customers. I enjoy the environment even though sometimes can be stressful. Other employees are always very fast to help.
Pros
employees are friendly and helpful always ready to help
Cons
most duties are done alone so help isnt immediate
Location is convenient as it is across the street
Cashier/Clothing Expert (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 11, 2017
I liked helping the customers with clothing purchases. I liked facing the shelves. Setting up displays. Putting equipment together to display on the floor.
Pros
paid holidays and discounts
Cons
the new manager that wanted a younger than her crew
Fast paced enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  LaBelle, FLMay 30, 2017
If you are a very multitasking person then you should apply to be a cashier at tractor supply. Over all you literally run the front of the store and are expected to assemble new displays and keep the whole clothing area organized at all times and keep the front of the store very clean and swept.
Friendly environment for a specific type of person
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAMay 25, 2017
I had a great time working at TSC, aside from the fact that I know little to nothing about hardware or machinery, and I hate country music. At least the clientele was easygoing and friendly.
Pros
Easygoing, friendly
Cons
uniform, inconsistent breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.