Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Cashier

Challenge Accepted
Freight/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, INMay 3, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning and organizing products early in the day before customers started to come in consistently.
I learned a lot about a lot. Different products and what they were for.
The management was great overall exceptional, I can't say how impressed I was with all of them.
Workplace was always a 'you know what you need to do so get it done and if you need help, ask'.
The hardest part of the job was probably learning about the different products that the store sold and trying to help customers acquire what they needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job? EVERYTHING. I loved everything about the job even the parts that weren't the most enjoyable I knew it was part of the job and loved challenging myself to work past something and become a better person because of it.
Pros
Friendly faces, discount
Cons
Rude or impatient customers
Productive and nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2018
I really enjoy Tractor Supply. My boss is very understanding and will work with me on any problem that I have. I would recommend this as a job to anyone.
Average
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 28, 2018
nothing was set in stone
they wouldn't work around my schedule for my new job
fun to work for
always easy going when i needed time off
always a fun atmosphere
My first retail job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at TSC for as long as it lasted due to I already knew a lot about hardware and farming. i got decent discounts and made a bit more than my previous job but the manager/head of the store was horrible towards his employees and customers. He was fired by corporate after i had left to find a real job.
Pros
good experience
Cons
no benefits or over time
Fun quick paced work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clifton, TXApril 5, 2018
The day to day happenings at tractor supply are fun and quick paced. You get to enjoy working with costumers that share the same passions that you have. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a part time job as the pay is not very good and payroll cuts do not allow for enough hours to make ends meet. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is Chick Days. Tractor Supply pre-orders the amount of chicks that they think they will need and you get over run in the smaller stores which makes it hard to care for them properly.
It Was Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INApril 4, 2018
I like what the company is about and how it stands behind those in Agriculture, but the managers aren't the best and coworkers tend to form cliques. It was a normal, slow paced job, but it was hard to keep up with all the sales of the week. If you didn't sell more than what your manager told you, they would immediately get angry. It would be good for someone as part time job in high school, but don't recommend it as a career.
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
Short breaks, Management
great job to have
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALMarch 21, 2018
I had a great time working at tractor supply. I made a lot of life long friends there. it was not a hard job to have. Management was great. The pay was nice.
Pros
time off
Cons
short lunch
Very quick paced with a lot of foot traffic.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALMarch 6, 2018
The manager that hired me was fired due to not working his required 50 hour weeks so it was a stressful time with no manager in the store for quite some time. But, the staff is good and the people care about one another.
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mineola, TXFebruary 14, 2018
This was my first job. It was a very good place to work at. They offer great benefits, 401k plan, paid vacation and sick days. This place generally cares about their employees and I had a great manager at the store I worked at.
Benefits
Nice work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYFebruary 7, 2018
The customers were great. Other employees were usually very easy to get along with. However people didn't seem to stay there very long. Its hard to advance there.
Great place to obtain knowlegde.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed my customers the most and the interactions with them. I learned a lot about domestic pets all the way to livestock. I would break down shipments, run te register, anser phones and do invoices daily.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJanuary 26, 2018
I was a full time student and the only problem I had there was that they also worked me full time also. They did not work with me on fixing my hours. It was a hard juggle
Pros
Customers
Cons
hours
fun working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Get to greet and have fun learning new things about different items and to work with chicks during chick days. Very friendly to welcoming customers pets. Also get shot vaccines. It has a clothing line of boots, pants, shirts, and selection for kids clothing. With great deals.
Fun workplace and very productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJanuary 16, 2018
It's a great place to work I overall love working here. Great working, environment nice people and generally you just feel welcomed at this workplace.
Pros
Great people to work with
Not A Good Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJanuary 10, 2018
I worked at the one in Glasgow, KY and I liked it at first until they started threating to fire me! I just got tired of constantly being criticized and some of the other employees were really nice but most of them weren't!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Rude Manger
Unsafe work envioment both physically and mentally
cashier (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 7, 2018
Employees are treated awful by management. Neglecting safety due to time constraints, to name calling, to coercive threats and working of the clock.
Lunch breaks are frequently cut short, training is sometimes taken home as homework, etc.
One of the weirdest work cultures I've ever seen, even in retail. You don't have a "job" there, you have a "lifestyle" and there is a obsessive fixation on that from the older employees there.
I wouldn't recommend anyone I care about work here. I hope they get a class action lawsuit for some of their unlawful and unethical practices.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Awful management, shot breaks, bad culture
productive and positive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 28, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Tractor Supply and would definitely work there again. The management team was well organized and more than willing to answer and questions you had or help you succeed in any way they could. The other employees were also very collaborative and willing to work as a team to get tasks done. I would definitely recommend this as a place to work for anyone looking for a positive and organized work environment.
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMDecember 7, 2017
It is slow paced and relaxed but very male favorable environment and no benefits. I had issues with the employment of minors that were not able to fully do their job, promoting drama and the lzainess of other employees.
Pros
relaxed
benefits
Its an enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYNovember 27, 2017
A typical day there wasn't one every day was different. The management was good you could always go to them with any problems concerns or questions you might of had at the time. The workplace is enjoyable. The employees are always willing to help each other out no matter the situation. The hardest part of the job i thought was at times was trying to multi-task while being at the register and cashing people out. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and meeting new people that came in to shop.
Lots of hustle for little pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2017
Your work environment depends entirely on your general manager. Be prepared to hustle. A background knowledge in agriculture is recommended, but not required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.