Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Cashier

It's a great place.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 3, 2018
Tractor Supply knows how to create a fun and positive work environment while keeping with its guidelines. Each customer is asked if they need help with anything and always left with what they were looking for or with a recommendation for where to find the item if it wasn't carried.
Pros
Positive work environment
Fun and fast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJuly 29, 2018
Management is decent. Hours are consistent. Co-workers are kind. You’ll see a lot of dogs and animals. CiCi’s Pizza is across the parking lot so you can get pizza on your 30 min break.
its a good job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Globe, AZJuly 24, 2018
its a good job. you work hard and recieve lots of praise. Its fun and laid back. you were paid fairly and recieved bonuses often . I loved this job but its not for me.
I don’t know
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, OH 45662July 24, 2018
Okay job needs better management . The hours weren’t the greatest. Needs to offer more hours or better pay. Co workers are great to work with, work with school schedules
not what i hoped for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Triune, TNJuly 23, 2018
the hours were always crazy, i never had a stable schedule. hours of standing on concrete not being able to sit down. rules and expectations always changing. no benefits at all. only way to get benefits is if your full time and tsc only maintains 4 full time employees those of which are the managers and team leads.
Pros
cute animals come in
Cons
shifty breaks, long hours, little pay, no benefits
I did not like the hours or money that was within this company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 20, 2018
They kept me there working during the holiday and after my hours dropped a lot. only 1 day out of the week i worked.I honestly have nothing nice to say about this place.
Productive.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisa, KYJuly 19, 2018
Tractor Supply is a good job if you’re looking for a part time job. It’s a good work environment and the people are great. It can be at times fast paced but generally it’s consistent.
Pros
Not a hard job.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Decent
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 12, 2018
This is not an ideal place to work if you want to be able to move up. Associates are allowed to play too much and very rarely get enough work done. They have very poor management. This would not be a long term place of work.
Pros
Long Breaks
pretty good place to work
cashier / feed boy (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJune 25, 2018
the best part of working at tractor supply was the customers. but the worst part was the occasional long rushes of the day as cashier. management was great occasionally but the head hancho was the worst.
Pros
customers
Cons
no insurance
The most enjoyable part of my day.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJune 6, 2018
My most enjoyable part of the day was, helping customers find what they needed and answering the phone by helping customers with the questions they called about.
Tractor Supply
Cashier/Clothing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 5, 2018
I was a clothing specialist and a cashier it was basic starter position with little room for growth. The leadership did not promote growing within and made it hard to advance.
It was quite different.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wickenburg, AZJune 4, 2018
It would have been a great place to work, but I could not deal with the constant drama of some of the Co workers. I loved the job itself, however, the way they mistreated a co worker of mine at the time that's disabled is what made me leave.
Pros
Friendly customers.
Cons
Drama.
Not the place for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 30, 2018
The new manager didn't like me and i am going to college so he was rude and treated me like i was ignorant. So for me it was not a good place to be so I left.
Pros
30 min free lunch
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 10, 2018
Working at TSC was a fun high school job, i spent my hours on the clock as a cashier and helping customers as needed.
I learned how to properly run a register.
The manager was never there, and the job was super easy.
Challenge Accepted
Freight/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, INMay 3, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning and organizing products early in the day before customers started to come in consistently.
I learned a lot about a lot. Different products and what they were for.
The management was great overall exceptional, I can't say how impressed I was with all of them.
Workplace was always a 'you know what you need to do so get it done and if you need help, ask'.
The hardest part of the job was probably learning about the different products that the store sold and trying to help customers acquire what they needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job? EVERYTHING. I loved everything about the job even the parts that weren't the most enjoyable I knew it was part of the job and loved challenging myself to work past something and become a better person because of it.
Pros
Friendly faces, discount
Cons
Rude or impatient customers
Productive and nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2018
I really enjoy Tractor Supply. My boss is very understanding and will work with me on any problem that I have. I would recommend this as a job to anyone.
Average
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 28, 2018
nothing was set in stone
they wouldn't work around my schedule for my new job
fun to work for
always easy going when i needed time off
always a fun atmosphere
My first retail job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at TSC for as long as it lasted due to I already knew a lot about hardware and farming. i got decent discounts and made a bit more than my previous job but the manager/head of the store was horrible towards his employees and customers. He was fired by corporate after i had left to find a real job.
Pros
good experience
Cons
no benefits or over time
Fun quick paced work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clifton, TXApril 5, 2018
The day to day happenings at tractor supply are fun and quick paced. You get to enjoy working with costumers that share the same passions that you have. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a part time job as the pay is not very good and payroll cuts do not allow for enough hours to make ends meet. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is Chick Days. Tractor Supply pre-orders the amount of chicks that they think they will need and you get over run in the smaller stores which makes it hard to care for them properly.
It Was Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INApril 4, 2018
I like what the company is about and how it stands behind those in Agriculture, but the managers aren't the best and coworkers tend to form cliques. It was a normal, slow paced job, but it was hard to keep up with all the sales of the week. If you didn't sell more than what your manager told you, they would immediately get angry. It would be good for someone as part time job in high school, but don't recommend it as a career.
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
Short breaks, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.