Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 184 reviews matching the search See all 2,422 reviews
It was ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIOctober 22, 2018
The management wasn’t very good. The coworkers on the hand were very nice and I thought of them as a family. I didn’t want to leave TSC but I needed more hours and more pay.
fun enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 22, 2018
Great people and coworkers but the pay not so good but everyone makes you feel like family and you have a fun time but management is not enjoyable but you all get along and have fun.
Pros
discount
Cons
Not many staff
Growing company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 11, 2018
Tractor supply is a large company that offers good benefits and a 401 continues to let us be financially stable.It is a very demanding job turn over is high due to a lot of employees going back to school or just bettering themselves. So those of us that are still employed bust our butts with ok pay and no gratification.
Pros
15 percent employee discount
Cons
Bust your butt with no reward
It was a good place to get my first job. The new manager that came in was not the greatest but it was a good work experience before college
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 10, 2018
It is a good company but is not ran the best. I would recommend to others as a good place for discounts but nothing to stay at for the future. Also good work experience to begin with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poorly ran
workplace integrity
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 4, 2018
Fun work place serving agriculture customers.
Always a learning process.
Management encourages teamwork.
working hard,and having fun,with high standards and integrity.
Pros
working with farming community.
Cons
health care
Terrible place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ohio, middlefieldSeptember 26, 2018
Our mngr walked out without telling anyone he was leaving to be manager at another store. Current assis. Mngr takes multiple smoke breaks but never lets me use the restroom. If I don’t take a break the manager or team lead changes it so I don’t get paid for that extra thirty minutes. Breaks are not long enough. No matter how long you work you only get 30 minutes. Management doesn’t listen to my schedule. I work every Sunday and Saturday and holiday which is unfair as I am a college student and barely get to see my family anyways. I was promised a raise and training on the floor which I haven’t gotten. Customers are extremely rude to me and I get no back up from management. Instead of constructive talks I get yelled at if I’m not doing something correct or I don’t get new loyalty members. Employees don’t show up to work half the time and don’t call in and don’t get in trouble. I worked by myself on a busy day because my team lead was hungover and she didn’t get in trouble for that! But I get yelled at for being away from the register as she’s sitting in the break room on her phone. I’m not getting paid enough to work two jobs and deal with rude customers all day long. I’m always busy while the ones working on the floor sit around and talk and get nothing done. And I get yelled at if clothes aren’t straightened up properly or I get yelled at by customers because no one is helping them. Terrible employees, terrible managament and pay is awful. So not worth it working here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, not paid enough, terrible staff
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 26, 2018
Loved working there but is was run by poor management lack of respect from the management but other then that loved the work environment and the customer
Easy to get along with employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 20, 2018
Nice customers, easy to get along with. Fast work pace , flexible hours. Discounts up to 15% . 30 min lunch breaks . Management well put together , fun co workers
Pros
Discounts
Cons
I didn’t really care for working there
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Willis, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I didn’t really care for working there. It was to fast pace for me. And this isn’t really the field that t wanted to go int any way. The money isn’t supporting me.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Short lunch
Working hard, and having fun doing it.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIAugust 30, 2018
I have enjoyed serving the farming community. Teamwork, an important part of a workday. Sharing ideas and skills. I love learning about the product for sale.
The customers were the best part of this job.Good hard working folks.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CaAugust 24, 2018
The managers have a huge head trip with their titles and put down other employees in front of customers which is a no no in this business since customers don't want to see or hear that kind of nonsense. My first 2 weeks on the floor I had a dozen of complaints from customers about the old and rude manager that could care less about delivering great customer service. No wonder why the store I worked at has an OUTSTANDING turn over rate. Treat employees with respect and they will stay...
Pros
The customers
Cons
The rude old manager(s)
Being a small store I had a lot of responsibilities
back up cashier (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAAugust 22, 2018
Working at tractor supply I learned a lot about time management. I was responsible for unloading all trucks, receiving all trucks, ups deliveries, keeping outside department clean, stocking freight, transfering product to and from other stores, and weekly reports.
Working at Tractor Supply
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, PAAugust 19, 2018
I enjoy working at Tractor Supply because it is competitive, interesting, and keeps me on my toes. My usual work day includes working the register, helping customers, and stocking the store.
It's a great place.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 3, 2018
Tractor Supply knows how to create a fun and positive work environment while keeping with its guidelines. Each customer is asked if they need help with anything and always left with what they were looking for or with a recommendation for where to find the item if it wasn't carried.
Pros
Positive work environment
Tractor Supply Company
Administrative Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MIAugust 1, 2018
Very stressful but manageable place to work. Phone ringing off the hook, customers everywhere on top of doing your daily job duties. You are given a list of duties to do in between customers in the store and on the phone. The customer is First!!! Love the people I worked with at the time, not many of my fellow team members are still working there. We went through 4 managers when I worked there and the last one was horrible. I felt like I was back in High school. He had his favorites...
Pros
Great team members to work with
Cons
Bad management
Fun and fast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJuly 29, 2018
Management is decent. Hours are consistent. Co-workers are kind. You’ll see a lot of dogs and animals. CiCi’s Pizza is across the parking lot so you can get pizza on your 30 min break.
its a good job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Globe, AZJuly 24, 2018
its a good job. you work hard and recieve lots of praise. Its fun and laid back. you were paid fairly and recieved bonuses often . I loved this job but its not for me.
I don’t know
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, OH 45662July 24, 2018
Okay job needs better management . The hours weren’t the greatest. Needs to offer more hours or better pay. Co workers are great to work with, work with school schedules
not what i hoped for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Triune, TNJuly 23, 2018
the hours were always crazy, i never had a stable schedule. hours of standing on concrete not being able to sit down. rules and expectations always changing. no benefits at all. only way to get benefits is if your full time and tsc only maintains 4 full time employees those of which are the managers and team leads.
Pros
cute animals come in
Cons
shifty breaks, long hours, little pay, no benefits
I did not like the hours or money that was within this company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 20, 2018
They kept me there working during the holiday and after my hours dropped a lot. only 1 day out of the week i worked.I honestly have nothing nice to say about this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.