Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Cashier

Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mineola, TXFebruary 14, 2018
This was my first job. It was a very good place to work at. They offer great benefits, 401k plan, paid vacation and sick days. This place generally cares about their employees and I had a great manager at the store I worked at.
Benefits
Nice work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYFebruary 7, 2018
The customers were great. Other employees were usually very easy to get along with. However people didn't seem to stay there very long. Its hard to advance there.
Great place to obtain knowlegde.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed my customers the most and the interactions with them. I learned a lot about domestic pets all the way to livestock. I would break down shipments, run te register, anser phones and do invoices daily.
fun working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Get to greet and have fun learning new things about different items and to work with chicks during chick days. Very friendly to welcoming customers pets. Also get shot vaccines. It has a clothing line of boots, pants, shirts, and selection for kids clothing. With great deals.
Fun workplace and very productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJanuary 16, 2018
It's a great place to work I overall love working here. Great working, environment nice people and generally you just feel welcomed at this workplace.
Pros
Great people to work with
Not A Good Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJanuary 10, 2018
I worked at the one in Glasgow, KY and I liked it at first until they started threating to fire me! I just got tired of constantly being criticized and some of the other employees were really nice but most of them weren't!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Rude Manger
Unsafe work envioment both physically and mentally
cashier (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 7, 2018
Employees are treated awful by management. Neglecting safety due to time constraints, to name calling, to coercive threats and working of the clock.
Lunch breaks are frequently cut short, training is sometimes taken home as homework, etc.
One of the weirdest work cultures I've ever seen, even in retail. You don't have a "job" there, you have a "lifestyle" and there is a obsessive fixation on that from the older employees there.
I wouldn't recommend anyone I care about work here. I hope they get a class action lawsuit for some of their unlawful and unethical practices.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Awful management, shot breaks, bad culture
productive and positive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 28, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Tractor Supply and would definitely work there again. The management team was well organized and more than willing to answer and questions you had or help you succeed in any way they could. The other employees were also very collaborative and willing to work as a team to get tasks done. I would definitely recommend this as a place to work for anyone looking for a positive and organized work environment.
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMDecember 7, 2017
It is slow paced and relaxed but very male favorable environment and no benefits. I had issues with the employment of minors that were not able to fully do their job, promoting drama and the lzainess of other employees.
Pros
relaxed
benefits
Its an enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYNovember 27, 2017
A typical day there wasn't one every day was different. The management was good you could always go to them with any problems concerns or questions you might of had at the time. The workplace is enjoyable. The employees are always willing to help each other out no matter the situation. The hardest part of the job i thought was at times was trying to multi-task while being at the register and cashing people out. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and meeting new people that came in to shop.
Lots of hustle for little pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2017
Your work environment depends entirely on your general manager. Be prepared to hustle. A background knowledge in agriculture is recommended, but not required.
it was never what a job should be.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXNovember 13, 2017
they hired me at 17 to witch i did not lie about but i was given the job anyway, then i was irregularly payed due to my age and was under paid compared to what we has agreed to. i was also treated unfairly do to my age, i would not recommend working their unless you're over the age of twenty four.
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CANovember 11, 2017
Great company to work for! Managed very well, great benefits and fair compensation. Company offers good advancement opportunities, good incentive to stay.
nice coworkers but no benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seagoville, TXNovember 7, 2017
hired as part time. no paid hoildays or vacation been with company over a year.coworkers are great there only 12-14 all together only 6 are full time,instead hiring a full time night cashier to work 5 nights a week they hire 4 and split hours.
Pros
15% discount on purchases
Cons
no breaks, except for lunch, if there is coverage
tractor supply was a great part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MNNovember 2, 2017
working for tractor supply company was a great job, but needed to start making full time money so had to move into the factory business. I loved the customers and would definitely go back and work there again
secure
cashier (Former Employee) –  Burkburnett, TXOctober 21, 2017
the workplace is very relaxed and the co workers are all friendly with one another which make this a great place for someone to get a second job or a relaxed style job
Great Team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncansville, PAOctober 9, 2017
The Derby TSC store is really a great place to work with a wonderful staff. It's to bad that corporate doesn't recognize if they paid better and had PTO and other decent benefits, they might actually make sales plan.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
benefits. PTO. vacation
managment at the one i work at is awful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYSeptember 6, 2017
our manager is wonderful, she cant really make a scheudule but works with you as best she can. the new assistant is on a power trip and not much fun to work with or for. I like the people I work with but I do think I deserve more pay. the staff is friendly for the most part.
very friendly and customer service oriented
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYAugust 18, 2017
I loved working at Tractor Supply. My Co-workers and boss were very friendly and helped me alot when i was pregnant. Great customer service. i really enjoyed helping customers get what they needed.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
part time positon
Pretty good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHAugust 15, 2017
I loved working here, but after some of the management left, the new management team went downhill very quickly. A typical day was pretty easy; 4-7 hours of working behind the register. Usually solo.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.