Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Found 89 reviews matching the search See all 2,422 reviews
Enjoyable atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 4, 2018
Good place to work. Enjoyable atmosphere, good people to work with. The pay was too low. More good days than bad. Most customers were delightful. Learned a lot there.
Pros
Bonus when targets were met
Cons
Too low pay
overall great place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 22, 2018
I feel the store manager should have been more active with the workers from day to day. He stayed in the office asleep the majority of the time. While this was unhelpful to me because I was the assistant manager, it did teach me to run the store quicker and deal with any issues between customers and employees or employees.
Good place to work overrall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 24, 2018
Nothing stands out that was good or bad as it was average about everything. The staffing structure of the store and it's size made it a challenge as sometimes you were one among 2 in the building and had to run your management duties as well as closing the store up. You could not be everywhere at once and often customers complained but labor budgets were very constraining.
productive and busy work enviornment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work if you enjoy the out here life style. You will learn a lot from animals to mechanics... All sorts of useful life skills can be acquired while working for Tractor Supply CO.
Pros
Hour lunches/ Good pay
Cons
Company Management needs an update on policies
I loved working for tractor supply!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TX 75455July 10, 2018
I had a blast working for this company. We were close, like a family. We often disagreed on certain subjects regarding the mission, but things were always resolved without conflict.
Pros
free lunches for birthdays
Cons
N/a
Trainer with no advancement.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 23, 2018
I have been with Tractor Supply for a total of 15 years and I have enjoyed about 13 of those years, I have helped with training managers, receivers, team leaders and cashiers. I feel like I have devoted a lot of my time and energy into training managers to only be denied the chance to advance myself.
Pros
receiving experience, Healthcare, Management experience
Cons
Revolving door of employees, and management. No recognition for hard work and advancements beyond assistant management position.
large work load
Asst. Mgr (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMay 23, 2018
large work load, yet no help to complete that work load. lack of challenge to merchandise your store to support your customers base need. payroll cuts continue to happen yet more metrics to meet at front end for team members
Pros
great customer base
Cons
lack of payroll to complete tasks31
poor eithics and integrity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 14, 2018
Tractor Supply claims that customer service, ethics, and integrity are part of their values when 9 out of 10 times they value unethical means by non-management to create drama and run store. Management means nothing to them. a typical day is where shelves are empty or old sales still posted but not valuing customer to honor prices displayed on items. No assistance is given when lines are backed up or for carry outs, and God forbid it should rain and a customer want propane, employees are scared to get wet.
Pros
monthly bonuses when sales are made for month
Cons
employees have no morals
Fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNApril 9, 2018
There are many ways to advance with this company. The next goal is always within reach. It also has great employees that work well togetger as a team.
Pros
Advance
Cons
Hours
Work Enviornment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INMarch 18, 2018
The culture instituted at TSC was one of team work. We had a great team and always worked together. Of course, there is always going to be some difficult times but we always managed to get through it.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
Over controlled high team turnover
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MiMarch 10, 2018
Upper management lack vision. Too much over supervision, too much waiting time on goals instead of sales. Pushing out of long term employees. No vision.
Pros
Bonuses if attainable
Cons
High turnover and low pay, new employees no knowledge
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXFebruary 23, 2018
The company was fun to work for the store manager was always out on leave and I had to run the store in her absence but I enjoyed the responsibility only wish I had the pay to go with it
Great place for a kid to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 22, 2018
It's a great starter job, but there's no money long term unless you plan on being above the store level. There isn't much work and social life balance unless you're part-time.
Pros
customers and environment
Cons
pay, expectations, management
Productive, fun, competitive, work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuttgart, AR 72160February 18, 2018
Great place to work. Supervises employees, maintained store appearance, set planograms. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers. The hardest part of the job would be getting everything you need to accomplish in an 8 hour day.
Fun to work there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Tractor Supply was a great place to work. But at times you will get no help when you need it. Other time one might get a District Manager who just wants you gone and when find away to do just that. But all in all we had fun and did our jobs to corporate policy. And the customers was great. Work hard and show them you have the skills and knowledge to do your job and enjoy it.
Pros
Customers and team members who enjoy their jobs
Cons
Hard work with co workers that feel like family
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Low pay, as in retail, but much harder work, especially for the guys. Managers don`t make any money until promoted to Store Manager. Promotions are hard to come by, and annual increases are horrible.
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Short breaks, Horrible pay
Good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXFebruary 10, 2018
It is ok. i liked it.It was ok. Money was ok. no advancement.had to explain. work hard make money have fun. loved myy job disliked payroll and percentage allowed
Fast-paced yet relaxed work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, KYJanuary 29, 2018
There's always something to do and something going on. Good workplace culture. Great if you're organized and able to multitask. Varying work shifts daily.
A stressful and challenging environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MENovember 30, 2017
A typical day consisted of being understaffed for the amount of foot traffic that entered the store. The retail locations aren't allocated enough payroll hours to accommodate the kind of customer service our team, and I strive to provide. An average day consisted of three people to cover the cash, answer all calls within three rings, greet and assist all customers who entered and fill propane tanks (which is a full-time job in itself); while providing carry and forklift load outs and unloading delivery trucks. I learned that all you can do when working under such daily stress is provide your team and clients your individual best.You can't please everyone all the time, but you can try! My manager was fantastic, and we worked well together to create a top-notch team. The workplace culture is strong but is difficult to achieve the kind of work/life balance they deem important. The hardest part of the job was the constant shifting of hours to accommodate our continuous shrinking payroll budget. The team gets stretched too thin, and attitudes tend to sour under such conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily interactions with customers and their pets. Helping them with whatever needs that pet parents require. I miss my team and regular feed customers as well. The Oxford location is a unique and busy store.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
Staffing doesn't equal customer need
working at tractor supply
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTOctober 19, 2017
There is never enough help. We are always behind. The back room is full of freight and a lot of shelves are empty. Customer satisfaction is very low. I supervise the part time employees. deposit the cash,lock the doors and operate the alarm.
Pros
loyal customers
Cons
always behind in you work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.