Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Productive, fun, competitive, work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuttgart, AR 72160February 18, 2018
Great place to work. Supervises employees, maintained store appearance, set planograms. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers. The hardest part of the job would be getting everything you need to accomplish in an 8 hour day.
Hard work with co workers that feel like family
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Low pay, as in retail, but much harder work, especially for the guys. Managers don`t make any money until promoted to Store Manager. Promotions are hard to come by, and annual increases are horrible.
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Short breaks, Horrible pay
Good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXFebruary 10, 2018
It is ok. i liked it.It was ok. Money was ok. no advancement.had to explain. work hard make money have fun. loved myy job disliked payroll and percentage allowed
Fast-paced yet relaxed work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, KYJanuary 29, 2018
There's always something to do and something going on. Good workplace culture. Great if you're organized and able to multitask. Varying work shifts daily.
A stressful and challenging environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MENovember 30, 2017
A typical day consisted of being understaffed for the amount of foot traffic that entered the store. The retail locations aren't allocated enough payroll hours to accommodate the kind of customer service our team, and I strive to provide. An average day consisted of three people to cover the cash, answer all calls within three rings, greet and assist all customers who entered and fill propane tanks (which is a full-time job in itself); while providing carry and forklift load outs and unloading delivery trucks. I learned that all you can do when working under such daily stress is provide your team and clients your individual best.You can't please everyone all the time, but you can try! My manager was fantastic, and we worked well together to create a top-notch team. The workplace culture is strong but is difficult to achieve the kind of work/life balance they deem important. The hardest part of the job was the constant shifting of hours to accommodate our continuous shrinking payroll budget. The team gets stretched too thin, and attitudes tend to sour under such conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily interactions with customers and their pets. Helping them with whatever needs that pet parents require. I miss my team and regular feed customers as well. The Oxford location is a unique and busy store.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
Staffing doesn't equal customer need
working at tractor supply
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTOctober 19, 2017
There is never enough help. We are always behind. The back room is full of freight and a lot of shelves are empty. Customer satisfaction is very low. I supervise the part time employees. deposit the cash,lock the doors and operate the alarm.
Pros
loyal customers
Cons
always behind in you work
very stressful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bad Axe, MIOctober 9, 2017
I enjoyed taking care of my customers. I done everything possible to help with the customer needs. The upper management didn't know how to handle daily concerns. I have learned that if you are not one of their favorite people then they will work against you in your job.
Pros
interactng with customers
Cons
no teammembers to work to help with customers not enough help on the floor
A top heavy lean company that focuses more on the process than the customer or the employee.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 27, 2017
Lean companies that staff at the barest minimum can not provide the level of customer service required to drive a successful business. Employees are over worked and expected to endure heavy lifting (100+lbs) without aid. management utilized egg timers and processes to drive employee production. No product training or support. Bonuses are promised until the store actually makes their quota then the bar is moved until the store can no longer achieve it.
The worst retail experience that I ever endured.
Wonderful Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 19, 2017
I love the company, for a retail environment tractor supply is one of the best around. Friendly customers and friendly employees. You are encouraged to move up and they prefer to promote within the company.
Usually high paced and stressful. Great customer base though.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  GASeptember 13, 2017
Customer service is a high priority with this company. They are measuring managers by metrics alone more and more. The company has changed it's management culture a lot since I started working there several years ago. Some are better but not all changes are for the better. They seem to be opening stores faster than their management levels can be fully trained. The benefits are nice but do not fully outweigh the negatives that seem to be creeping into upper management from hiring from outside and not promoting from within. Lots of the products are cheaper made now. I used to love this company but it is more of a struggle to enjoy my job now.
Pros
Friendly customers, good benefits for FT, great customer service is pushed
Cons
Heavy lifting, intense days, little respect for past job experience from upper management, major change in management culture over last several years
Great place just bad management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXAugust 24, 2017
It was a great company and had great assets but the manager I had was just a drama queen and did nothing but stab you in the back to make herself seem better
Pros
Great company
Cons
Need to fire that manager
extremely hard work, sometimes rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXAugust 18, 2017
It is hard work lifting and moving heavy merchandise in all types of weather, most of the time with little help due to budget and payroll cuts. When I first started, before all the cuts happened, it was fun and still very exhausting work but worth it because we had a full team. Now its get all of the stuff done, make customers your #1 priority and you get half the time and help.
Pros
get to help people
Cons
hard work for low pay
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Deland,FloridaAugust 14, 2017
Fast paced environment ,always busy I learned about the farming industry, selling all types of feed for all types of livestock, and the different types of supplies needed to suit the customers needs such as fencing,wood and general supplies that are needed to operate a farm.
Pros
time goes by quickly, helping customers with their needs
Cons
understaffed, pay
Divertido
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Forth myersAugust 2, 2017
Muy familiar exelente grupo de trabajo los compaƱeros muy amigables es un ambiente tranquilo me encanta
Pros
Estrictos
Cons
No puedes sentarte
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARAugust 2, 2017
Worked with the most responsibility, Manager was seldom there and the District Manager was her buddy. The other employees were taken care of by the manager and were not held accountable for duties. There were drugs involved. I would not put myself in that position again.
Tractor Supply
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXAugust 1, 2017
It can be a fun job working with people and pets. The work is honest and enjoyable. Management can be difficult to work with, and there standards of customer service could be better. I tried to make a difference in my store for my customers but management felt I was wasting time. It's never a waste of time to develop a relationships with your customers. We need to listen to their needs and provide the best service we can give them!!
Pros
fun job
Cons
management needs to be more human and not corp..
Missions and Values for Upper Mgmnt
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCJuly 12, 2017
I use to love my company until I got into the management side. They pay SM and up more than what they are worth and step all over the rest of their employees. So much favoritism that I can't stand to even go to work anymore!
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Clocking In
Tractor Supply
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 27, 2017
I do not have anything to say about working for Tractor Supply. It was a fine company to work for. I was one of the second managers at the Granbury, Texas location.
This is the best job I have ever work for. It is to help you learn and help you grow within the company.
Asst manager (Current Employee) –  Demopolis, ALJune 11, 2017
I enjoy working with TSC. I enjoy taking care of the customers, the store, and also helping my team with whatever they need. The store is a farm and ranch store, that help you help other customers when it comes to feed, fencing, medicine, and also we even have clothes, and boots.
Pros
great hrs
Cons
open on Sundays
Productive work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 7, 2017
Love working with the customers that talk to you about their animals and the stories that they have of their life. It can be a little stressful but also very fun and a learning experience. I have learned how to take care of some farm animals and love being able to answer questions that people may have about them and if I don't have knowledge of it I definitely get someone who does.
Pros
Great benefits, learn new things
Cons
Stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.