Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Unreasonable expectations
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TNJanuary 18, 2018
Expectations are unreasonable for the pay. You could work your tail off, feel great about the job you did, but always get criticism. It's NEVER good enough. Not a place to work for someone with low self-esteem, that's for sure.
Enjoyable place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Prince George, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Tractor supply is a very enjoy and happy working environment. Everyone is so happy and friendly. I am so glad I work there you meet so many nice people.
fun to begin with
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJanuary 18, 2018
It is fun at first but after a while you start to see there is a lot more cons than there are pros for part timers. the people on management get rammed with work all the time to the point that they are struggling to keep up.
fun working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Get to greet and have fun learning new things about different items and to work with chicks during chick days. Very friendly to welcoming customers pets. Also get shot vaccines. It has a clothing line of boots, pants, shirts, and selection for kids clothing. With great deals.
Fun workplace and very productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJanuary 16, 2018
It's a great place to work I overall love working here. Great working, environment nice people and generally you just feel welcomed at this workplace.
Pros
Great people to work with
Loved this place and the people I worked with!
Team Member, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Dundee, Michigan has the greatest customers and we are fortunate enough to be located in a farm community where most of us are related and everyone knows everyone.
Pros
Perfect store for the town.
Cons
Locals need to be in District and Regional positions, sometimes outsiders are not in touch with a towns needs.
Great place to work just dont get enough hours.
Tractor Supply (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 14, 2018
I really like it at tractor supply it is just that I need more hours of working than i am not and it is not given to me. I get bored quick because there isn't really anything to do besides cash register.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
only 30 min break
Hard working atmosphere with below average pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 14, 2018
Very well managed and very set way ways of doing business. Warehouse out of touch with store merchandising. The work is tuff under strict guidelines with very limited employees available to get the work done.
Pros
Learned big box way of doing business
Cons
Not enough employees to get work accomplished
Not an enjoyable job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lamar, COJanuary 14, 2018
loved the people i worked with the manager did not know what he was doing and was very ride to his employees and did not care to have an agruement with employees in front of customers. WORST PLACE TO WORK
worst place I ever worked at!!!
shipping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD distribution centerJanuary 14, 2018
Upper management has NO idea how to run the business or treat employees, that's why they have such a HIGH turn over rate. Management has too many groups of "clicks".
Pros
was close to where I live
Cons
very cut throat
fun workplace
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 13, 2018
almost 3 years with the company and ive had my ups and downs with different members of the store however they treat you like family and take care of you within the store.
Do not recommend. Some store managers are very unprofessional and do not follow company policies.
Team Leader/ MOD (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Tractor Supply no longer supports or promotes women in the workplace. My recent experience was horrible. It's a boys club at many stores. I was never recognized or respected for my hard work or skills as a part of the management team. Resulting in my termination. The women are clearly singled out and treated as nothing more but cashiers and welcome door mats. It's unfortunate the CEO doesn't know what really goes on at the store level. I was a very committed employee with the desire to make a difference and retire from this company.
Pros
Days off
Cons
When shift is over.
Productive and good well rounded people.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  York, SCJanuary 12, 2018
I believe the tractor supply company needs to catch up with the new advancement of technology being a very large supply of farm an pet life products. Change is never bad.
Pros
Decent people
Cons
Slow hours and to many chiefs at times.
quick paced
TEAM MEMBER/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 12, 2018
quick paced and stressful. Once everything is caught up the store management and other staff are relaxed. There are clicks in the staff so sometimes it is hard to fit in.
A great place to work
Team Lead - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marshall, VAJanuary 12, 2018
This is a great place to work to learn about animals and farming. I learned a lot about farm equipment and learned how to drive a fork lift. Customers are usually very nice and you have a lot of regulars so there is a lot of friendly faces.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
no set schedule
Low Pay and no advancement
Part Time - 2105 (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, VAJanuary 11, 2018
If you need a job, just a job, with no advancement possibilities and lots of sweat rolling, this job is for you. Don't worry about that open door policy, its open to EVERYBODY; your business is everybody's business right down to the clear lockers that the boss inspects after every clock-in, break, and clock-out. Most days, other employees know your pay amount before you do. Your first vest is free but you pay after that. Plain and Simple ---DON'T WORK HERE
Pros
Discount but on TSC items only
Cons
Mandatory lunch break deducted even when none available
Team leader
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNJanuary 11, 2018
I help open a store and it was a good place to work and the customer were great. It was hard to leave this place because it was like a family, from managament to the cashiers.
Very customer interactive and labor intensive
Sales floor associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Stansbury Park, UTJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed being able to interact with customers face to face, but I did not agree with or appreciate how the store was run and how their employees were treated. I also felt under paid for the amount of physical work this job require. However, the hours always worked with my school schedule.
Pros
Cons
Poor management. Inconsistent scheduling and hours. Poor communication in the work place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2018
Been a manager at TSC for over 5 years now, if you are a good manager you will not have a problem and actually enjoy it. TSC is not the typical retail environment, However if you are a poor leader and do not not how to manage and lead you will have a hard time and struggle up til the time you leave.
Pros
If you have been in retail very long...the job here is all PRO
Cons
Growing to fast and is having a hard time keeping up with the all the growth
No Comment
IT (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 10, 2018
The experience is not good when you have been given a long term contract and the contract is terminated due to lack of work. I would never work at this company any more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.