Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Used to be a good place to work!
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAOctober 31, 2017
In the past 5 years or so all of the top management that made this company great have left, retired etc. They have been replaced with executives that have failed at other Fortune 500 companies. The missions and values they talk about only apply to store team members. Above store level, they mean nothing and they insist on pushing growth beyond what the DCs can handle. Freight crew schedules change at the drop of a hat and PT team members are expected accept frequent changes to written schedules without question, 'for the needs of the store'. The average customer is not your typical entitled retail customer. They are super friendly, courteous to team members, and honest. They often bring their pets in and know half the team by name. The customers and store team members are the company's only saving grace
Pros
Great Customers!
Cons
Hypocritical about 'Missions & Values'
Decent job if you do not plan on moving up the ladder
Team Member at Tractor Supply (Former Employee) –  Orange, MAOctober 31, 2017
Working as a Team Member at Tractor Supply means you're at the bottom. There is a slight chance of moving from Team Member to shift lead, assistant manager, or manager, especially if you're young.

A typical a day at work is you standing by the register, making sure it is in view while you're on the floor. Cleaning is a large part of the job, sweeping, organizing shelves, moping, etc. Assisting customers in finding the correct tool and/ or food for their pets is also a large part of the job. Most of the time you will be required to help customers carry items out to their vehicle and bringing the car back into the vestibule.

The management for Tractor Supply is decent. There are managers that make work enjoyable, others might make it difficult. Having a manager that can crack jokes and make the work day go a little faster are the ones that make working as a Team Member more enjoyable.

The workplace culture is not very diverse. A lot of the customers are in looking for the same thing. Most of the customers already know what they are looking for and where to find it, making you practically useless. There is a slight mix in employees at TSC, most are older and only need a part time job, while others are younger and are working after school.

The most difficult part of the job is the slow nights when there are no customers. There is a limited range that a cashier is allowed to move around the store. After cleaning so many things and reorganizing so many shelves, it gets very boring. Like any other retail job, there are the few customers that make a simple task so difficult
  more... to complete.

Working at TSC has difficulties and some easy parts. The easiest part is leaving after your shift, if all goes well.
Not Awful but not good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXOctober 30, 2017
We never were scheduled and never made enough to make a living. I was scheduled 3 days out of the week for maybe 5 hours if i was lucky a day. Got paid 8.50 but still could not cover my bills.
Retail with inconsistent hours and poor management
Store Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 30, 2017
I am not one to enjoy retail, so for someone who does, they may like this company. The products that are made by the company are cheaply made and cheap in price.
Cons
short breaks, low wages, cheap products, lack of knowledge of agriculture by management
Great Place to Grow.
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Leesville, LAOctober 30, 2017
Plant your roots here for a great place to grow. A lot of job advancement opportunities. It's a company of great people that honestly cares about each other.
Pros
Opening new Stores every Day.
Cons
None unless you hate Friendly People.
Loved the work enviroment, and culture.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ballard, UTOctober 28, 2017
I loved working at tractor supply, I loved the people I worked with; also loved the customers. But the manager was a poor manager and didn't do what she should have, and did not handling things the right way. I would loved to work at a tractor supply again. But would never work under the manager I did again. Thank goodness, she got let go/quit shortly after I quit shortly after I left.
will not write a review at this time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 28, 2017
TSC is a solid company but employees start out as part-time. There are no opportunities for overtime. The company prefers to hire more part-time employees rather than give current employees more hours so they don't have to provide benefits. Very limited full-time positions,
good experience
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Teays Valley, WVOctober 27, 2017
As a team leader, had a pleasant working experience there. Was a stressful place to work in simply just because of the multitude of customers that come in, but everyone is very sweet and helpful.
Pros
positive working environment
Cons
stress
Enjoyable place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
Co workers are supportive.The work is enjoyable but not easy there are a lot of things that are expected to happen in these stores and sometimes there is not enough payroll given.Prepare to do a lot of heavy lifting.
Pros
flexible schedudule
Cons
payroll
friendly work environment, moderately challenging
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MTOctober 25, 2017
typical day is stocking shelves and helping customers, constantly on your feet throughout the shift, and lots of heavy lifting of feed bags, fencing and many other things. friendly coworkers and management is both knowledgeable and willing to work with their employees
Pros
flexible hours, good experience, good atmosphere
Fun workplace with different customers all day long
Member/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Millbury, MAOctober 24, 2017
Working at Tractor Supply is fast paced and exciting. You never know what kind of customers will be coming through the doors and what they might need help with while shopping or looking for tools to fix their farm, equipment, or anything in between.
Pros
Ever changing
Cons
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALOctober 24, 2017
Loved working there but my extracurricular activities caused me to leave. Would highly recommend working there. They are willing to work with your schedule if you need days off.
Positive work place
Store Team Member - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 24, 2017
I was pretty much just a cashier and stocked shelves, etc. My co-workers were great to work with. I wish I had gotten a little more experience of working in other areas of the store.
Laid Back
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 23, 2017
I didn’t have a problem with my manager but other co workers there. Very laid back environment when it is ran the right way! Left due to lack of hours.
Live the Life Style
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bushnell, FLOctober 23, 2017
Enjoyed Company.
DM has chip on shoulder
Work days are long but rewarding
Customers are one of a kind.
Team in Bushnell are NOT what TSC needs
I would not go back
Pros
Customers
Cons
money
Fun but challenging place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KY 42701October 22, 2017
It is a fun place to work but does require physical labor. I have learned a lot about the retail business with this company. Work hours vary but the manager makes all efforts to ensure employees gets the hours they wish and can work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours not set
Laid Back
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAOctober 21, 2017
Not enough pay, Lack of work, Not enough hours, low pay, less benefits. Too much work put on only one person, lack of knowledge, Not that busy. Very very very much lack of communication
I hate it!!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Farmington, AROctober 21, 2017
At least once everyday one of my superiors comes and talks to me about something that I did wrong while contradicting themselves from previous conversations. It is almost as if I can never do my job up to their standard.
secure
cashier (Former Employee) –  Burkburnett, TXOctober 21, 2017
the workplace is very relaxed and the co workers are all friendly with one another which make this a great place for someone to get a second job or a relaxed style job
Tractor Great Place to Work
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 21, 2017
Great place to work, the compensation and benefits are fair, they care about your as a person not just an employee number. Three weeks of vacation, and day one health care coverage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.