Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,482 reviews
great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNNovember 15, 2018
TSC is a good company to work for but I wish their pay scale was more competitive with the businesses around them. This would allow them to hire that appropriate number of staff to maintain store quality and take care of customer needs.
Ok
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, PANovember 15, 2018
I did move up from part time to full time sorta fast. Went from cashier to ASM and MGR training within 3 years. But I had to push my way up the chain.
Pros
Somewhat flexible
Cons
Somewhat flexible
Nor enough staff
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 14, 2018
The floor was usually understaffed for the amount of business it receives. Its difficult to provide top notch customer service or fulfill daily expectations when there aren't enough personnel.
Pros
Teamwork, benefits, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Understaffed. Understaffed.
Work focused and little part-time opportunity.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCNovember 14, 2018
While one may assume a typical day at work would be consumed with helping customers, it was not. Typically, I would work exclusively loading feed bags and freight with little customer interaction. The workplace culture was alright. The one saving grace of Tractor Supply was the good management team.
Pros
discounts, management, breaks
Cons
Dirty, heavy feed bags, 5am shifts
A great company gone bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYNovember 14, 2018
As a store Manager, we were required to work 52 hours per week, but often had to work 60+. Upper management has unrealistic goals for labor hours available.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Poor pay. not enough labor
Productive and fun place to work .
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Big Rapids, MINovember 13, 2018
Great place to work . Full of fun people and very nice customers. Very bless to be working at TSC! I would recommend the job to anyone especially college students .
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 13, 2018
A typical retail job. That help push me into being a better person. Helps teach people customer service and how to handle stressful situations. Learned more about the company.
Introverts
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTNovember 13, 2018
Introverts shouldn't manage retail stores. They cannot easily engage in conversation with customers which is key in making sales. They cannot easily communicate with employees which is key for scheduling, job performance, and overall work environment.
Awesome place to work with. Co workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 12, 2018
Everything is awesome to work at tractor supply the only bad thing is the pay. I believe they can do better but TSC Is just greedy. Aside from the pay everything is good.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
Healthcare, benefits, and pay.
Good companywith benefits.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCNovember 12, 2018
Good company to work for with some opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate..the pay needs to be a little more competitive. It is also a very physical job.
Pros
Chance to learn a lot about farming and outdoor equipment.
Cons
Problems keeping people.
Easy work place and good staffing
Receiver/loader (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 12, 2018
Tractor supply was hands down the best place I've ever worked at. Well taken care of from a working standpoint. My time in receiving wasn't my best but as a loader my production shot threw the roof..
Good Job for entry level postion
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 12, 2018
If you are looking for an entry level job this is a good one. Need to be able to lift 50 lb bags of feed. Long shifts on your feet. Love customer interaction. Management is a bit lacking and the scheduling is outdated as they aren't truly mindful of the requests in the calendar.
poor workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 12, 2018
did not learn anything
poor management
workplace was not the best
no enjoyable part in the job
no hard parts in the job
always having to clean up after dogs
Decent Job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Canton, TXNovember 11, 2018
I have enjoyed this job, I have just felt underpaid for the amount of physical labor that comes with the job. Other than that it is fairly enjoyable. There are days where we have fun and are productive but most days I have dreaded going to work. Not a fan of bi-weekly pay either.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, ignorant and rude customers at times
Productive, very fast paced. Great place to work
Team Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  8000 Raeford Rd, Fayetteville NCNovember 9, 2018
Customer service & driving sales.
How important the customers & teamwork is.
Management is the driving force to keep processes going.
Very work friendly.
Loading livestock feed & pet feed.
The Customers.
nice place to work
Customer Service and Cashier (Current Employee) –  York, PA 17404November 9, 2018
TSC is a nice to place to work. Most of the co-workers are good people. There are some managers that need more knowledge on hoe to properly perform their duties. Most of the customers are nice. It is enjoyable to see the different dogs an other animals that come through the doors.
Productive, fast track, enjoyable learning and fun.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTNovember 9, 2018
My typical day was the 2nd shift- checking registers to slips, duty list to my crew, resetting sections, customer service, load outs, front & face store, closing down registers & lock up the store. Learned so much about farming, farming equipment, farm, and domestic animals feeds, paints, and clothing materials for different jobs. I wish I had more computer training there, but the management was thinned out. The hardest part of the job was under staff for what the manager and district manager expected during a shift and safety. I enjoyed going there, enjoyed my co-workers and the customers.
Pros
customers and co-workers
Cons
breaks hard to take, under staff, unsafe back room
Hideous place to work District manager dontcare about you at all work till you drop and then ask why you didnt get more done.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 8, 2018
Bad place to work. Work work work understaffed higher up dont care about anything but numbers nothing for training just work till you drop then complain you didnt do more
Productive workplace
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INNovember 8, 2018
TSC is a very productive work place where I learned a lot about management and a new role i never saw myself being in. The workplace in general is great and everyone is super relaxed but depending on your location or position in the company the other managers do not do their job to their greatest ability.
Work hard have fun make money
Material Handler/Forklift Instructor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 8, 2018
I really liked when I worked there brand new facility and I got a chance to train a lot of the new employees when they got out of oreitation we had mandatory meetings every day and a all employee meeting on Wednesday great place to work
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
No lunch 🥗 just two short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.