Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Loved working there except for the managment.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LAAugust 15, 2018
Enjoyed TSC but wasn't treated fairly. Was paid less then new hires after almost 2 years of working there. I enjoyed the customers and helping them. Knew all areas of the store and the day to day running.
an absolute pleasure
Feed Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 15, 2018
my typical day consisted of stocking the different feed types that tractor supply sells and maintaining inventory. I learned how to do inventory electronically with ease and speed. The management at Tractor Supply was absolutely amazing, they were very helpful and patient as I learned my job and even after that they were always very pleasant and light hearted with me. The culture was a bit much for me due to the fact that its an over exaggerated country atmosphere, but I found my place and exceled while I was there. There wasn't really a hard part of the job for me but, my favorite part of the job was actually my sense of accomplishment at the end of every day
Active work environment with very little down time.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Awendaw, SCAugust 15, 2018
Fast paced work where every member is needed. Corporate goals are sometimes unacheivable and often you will go home without completing the tasks needed. With a good store manager it is a good place to work. Being a store manager is a salaried position that is not recommended. If they cut your payroll then the manager has to make up the slack often working 100 hours a week.
Pros
Flexible schedule if the manager is flexable
Cons
Upper management is not recommended
Oberall good place to work but not enough houts
team member performing cashier (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNAugust 14, 2018
Good place to work with friendly team members good enviroment and friendly cust omers makes u feel like family nice clean enviroment and not to bad store hours overall good place to work
Fun at times. Management is horrible
Warehouse Associate/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 14, 2018
Working for tractor supply was fun at times because of the customers and insteresting coversations. Co-workers were fun to work with but could tell there was issues amongst everybody. The GM is arrogant and not understanding at times.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management/Pay
easy workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIAugust 14, 2018
lots of lifting which is often expected to do on your own. the application says 50lbs or less, but it is sometimes twice that if not more. poor management, no communication. i learned a lot of valuable job skills.
Pros
open and close early
Cons
unfriendly coworkers
Great starting/summer job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJAugust 13, 2018
I loved my time at tractor supply it was a fun job and eight hours never really felt like 8 hours. There was always things to do and for the most part the management was good. Great customers and great people working with you.
Fun work environment, Loved this job and the customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKAugust 13, 2018
I loved working here. The people and the customers were awesome, it just wasn't enough money. Employee discounts are great too. The only reason I left is for a higher paying job.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not much money
Farm Dept Manager
FARM DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNAugust 13, 2018
Took over department that was run down by the previous manager or never had a manager. Work on a cleanup and reorganize of Dept and within 5 months had it the top performer in the store.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
retail, poor management
Unhealth work enviroment
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Raton, NMAugust 13, 2018
Management lives in their own world. They will make or break you. A good place to get stabbed in the back. Fellow employees are always willing and ready to turn on you. If you are a hard, dedicated worker, they will abuse that constantly.
Don't work here
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, MAAugust 13, 2018
They are not what they seem. The have values that sound like they are a great company and at the beginning the were but they do not believe in any of the values that they preach to you.
I loved working at Tractor Supply Company
Dog Trainer (Former Employee) –  Romeo, MIAugust 10, 2018
I was recruited to work there as an independent Dog Trainer to help provide awareness to the dog products at the Tractor Supply Company in Romeo, Michigan.

I was able to schedule and provide my own dog training curriculum.
Trains their employees to be knowledgeable on what they are selling and doing.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 10, 2018
Was a good place to work, but had little room for advancement. Customers were pleasant majority of the time. Provided training on products that they sold. Trained you on how to do your job not let you figure it out on your own.
Wasn’t a great experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAAugust 9, 2018
Work wise it wasn’t a great experience. Way to much drama within the work place, and very unfair management. Definitely showed favoritism. Would not return to that particular store, it needs A LOT of work. But would love to work another store.
Pros
Seeing animals
Cons
Drama
Relaxing environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYAugust 9, 2018
Don't expect to get rich working at Tractor Supply but if you enjoy agriculture related work, it can be a fun and relaxing job. I enjoyed working shipping/receiving and forklift duties.
Ok place
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, VAAugust 7, 2018
They move so many managers around and nobody gets trained properly. You are expected to know everything by your second week. They will hire anybody right off the street.
Pros
Cons
Only 15% discount, little pay, lack of training
Good business
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, FLAugust 7, 2018
Tractor supply as a whole is a good business, I enjoyed working for them and will continue to shop there. My boss was very awesome and understanding.
Cool people
Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 7, 2018
It’s was a boring place to work bad management long hours and very stressful and mainly just boring you should wanna go to work and enjoy working where you choose
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Knox, INAugust 6, 2018
I absolutely love working for Tractor Supply! The environment at the store in general is absolutely amazing! The only downside to working for TSC is that they do not pay very well, but it kind of balances out because it is such a pleasant place to work.
Pros
welcoming and accepting working environment
Cons
expensive benefits and not paid enough
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lampasas, TXAugust 6, 2018
Being the store Manager was good with TSC, the most enjoyable part of my job was our Upper Management . They were great to work for. The workplace culture was good and we learned a lot because we traineda lot.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K
Cons
Long Days, Long Weeks, Only one day off a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.