Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

It was fine but the management was meh
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TXMay 20, 2018
I would work more hours than a usual part timer which is perfectly fine but I didn't want to spend everyday there because my coworkers called in everyday.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Management is like playing russian rullete
Loved the work hated the schedule
Associate (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 20, 2018
Loved tractor supply as a company but 3 hours a week isn't enough to cut it even for a student. I would have loved to stay but the hours just made it not worth my while.
Pros
Great environment, friendly coworkers
Cons
hours
Great Place To Work and Advance
Team Lead closing Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARMay 19, 2018
I was the closing night floor manager/Team Lead. I worked 5 to 8 hours a day depending on workload. Great team players friendly customers. hardest part of the job was not getting the hours, best part of the job was making the customers happy. I loved my team and i loved my job.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Not enough hours
Overworked and underpaid
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 18, 2018
Not enough people or time to complete tasks and therefore is not a positive work environment. The only good thing is the focus on customer service which is the only reason TSC survives.
Fake
Team Member (Current Employee) –  De Soto, IAMay 16, 2018
Tractor Supply upper managment didnt acually care about you and what wages are they just care about how much money they are making. I really hope that they turn around and see how they have moved from the core values.
Poor Management
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2018
Horrible management, lack of responsibility and communication between management and staff. Hires mainly high school kids who just want a check and don't care about anything else.
Cons
Very productive and always busy and a lot of things need to be done
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Spanaway, WAMay 16, 2018
Tractor supply always has things for me to do, there is never nothing to do. A typical day for is going to work and doing a dog, cat, and bird pick list. I go to the back room and get the feed that needs to go on the shelves, and then i put it away. After that i go to the feed room and start stocking the shelves and dropping the feed pallets with the forklift. During the time i am dropping feed i am usually getting load outs, which means taking feed to customers cars and loading it for them. Also, filling propane tanks at the same time.
Pros
bonus every month on our paycheck.
Cons
low staff, and always busy
Waste of time
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIMay 16, 2018
This is a great job for if you don’t have any bills to pay. Management is very clicky and extremely rude , get screamed at for asking to take a break, have to ask every time to use the bathroom when your up front. Very hostile work environment , they have no idea how to train new employees or fit them in. Defiantly not worth the stress or time.
Pros
Discount
Cons
clicky, no normals, disrespectful, unprofessional
Temporary Job only
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INMay 16, 2018
This is nothing more than a temp job. Don't look for advancements. They would rather higher outside people than promote a long time employee. Managers are awful and self-centered. High turn over rate and terrible pay!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
no breaks, short lunch, bad management, no advancements
Horrible place to work at
Team Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Fallston, MDMay 15, 2018
I am constantly micro managed and ridiculed in public. Your suppose to be able to walk into a Tractor Supply and not know who the real boss is but our GM lets everyone know he is the main boss. Even if you know the answer to a customers question he will purposely tell you that you are wrong in front of customers to try and degrade you and then he will give the same answer .
Pros
The team I manage
Cons
The general manager
Fun Place to Work
Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 15, 2018
It's a very quick-paced place to work. There is always something to do and you get pulled in many directions but the management was great and it made it a fun place to work.
Pros
Environment
poor eithics and integrity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 14, 2018
Tractor Supply claims that customer service, ethics, and integrity are part of their values when 9 out of 10 times they value unethical means by non-management to create drama and run store. Management means nothing to them. a typical day is where shelves are empty or old sales still posted but not valuing customer to honor prices displayed on items. No assistance is given when lines are backed up or for carry outs, and God forbid it should rain and a customer want propane, employees are scared to get wet.
Pros
monthly bonuses when sales are made for month
Cons
employees have no morals
fun place with ping pong table
Inbound Receiver and Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 14, 2018
great company with excellent benefits. You will put in the hard work. but, it's worth it. you will have your peak seasons where OT is mandatory. But, it's well worth it.
Pros
Cons
it's extremely hot inside, you will have to drink plenty of water
Okay for an entry level job
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  NCMay 13, 2018
I worked part time as a cashier. A work day included ringing peoples items up and processing payment transactions. Other than that I had to clean and maintain shelves at the front of the store.
Day working at Tractor Supply
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMay 11, 2018
Typical day would have to be help the customers who came into the store. I learned a lot about the farm equipment and the pieces that need to added to it or replaced. The management there was awesome once we got the right people into place. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the grumpy customers. I loved my job getting to know new people and making lots of friends. Along with having the regular customers coming and asking about you and the family or where things are.
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 10, 2018
Working at TSC was a fun high school job, i spent my hours on the clock as a cashier and helping customers as needed.
I learned how to properly run a register.
The manager was never there, and the job was super easy.
Fun place to work
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXMay 9, 2018
Help customers with load outs and help them find what is needed in the store. Laid back place to work for the most part good staff to work with, twenty to thirty hours a week typically
Great Job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bulverde, TXMay 9, 2018
Worked out great with my college schedule, I enjoyed the work, and team members. I would recommend this company to anyone. You learn a lot and meet a lot of great people.
Need the right team
Inventory management (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 9, 2018
AS long as there is a good team with a strong Manager this is a great company. however the District Manager and home office do not care about the store family just about the money they can make.
Tractor Supply Team Member
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLMay 8, 2018
The pay is low and only working on average 20 hours a week.. There is no advancement unless you are already a manager in store. the turn over is very high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.