Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Tractor Supply Company is a great company to work for. They are really great about giving all employees the opportunity for additional training and advancement.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short staffed
Decent place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 2, 2018
For the team member it is a great place to work. Management can be fun at times. Tractor Supply really handcuffs its management staff when it comes to being able to make independent decisions for their teams. It has gotten better for management over the years but still has some work to do.
benefits
Cons
conflict management across the board
very stressful
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 1, 2018
this job is very fast paste and stressful i enjoy doing what i do i just would like for management to care about there employees. Alot of favoritism in this company no growth
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
no advancement
Tractor Supply
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAFebruary 1, 2018
My work day started off as opening up store Unloading motor carrier and saving product off truck. Checking packing labels making sure paperwork match what was delivered.
tractor supply company
All around worker (Current Employee) –  Irmo, SCFebruary 1, 2018
overall tractor supply company in irmo, sc is a well ran company. The manager is very laid back and really cares about his associates. If you are a student in any grade they work really well with your schedule without forcing you to come in when you do not want to.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Robstown, TXJanuary 31, 2018
I love working at Tractor Supply. The work enviromwnt is way better then other retailers I have worked for. Much smaller then big box store which is good to be able to get to know your customer.
Stressfull with a certain degree of immaturity
Team Lead II (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23322January 31, 2018
A typical day would start at 6:00am with the store set up procedure. This would be followed by the opening of the store and implementation of assigning specific job duties to employees. More often than not these assignments would be delayed due to assisting customers as well as unforeseen events such as employees not showing up for work or receiving a shipment from a distributor.

There are some individuals that are downright cut throat when it comes to advancement in the company. It is not uncommon for someone in management to "throw under the bus" another person in a management position and then report that person to the Store Manager or even the Regional Manager. This, in turn, limits a persons abilities to grow and prosper with the company.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Having to work with immature people
the customers were the best part
feed handler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 31, 2018
it was a typical ratail job, not really a career. as long as you dont mind staying on your feet all day and picking up heavy feed bags, it made for a decent temporary job.
unfair termination
Customer service, cashier (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I had been working there for a month, I was off work for a week per Dr's request.. I had a massive heart attack at the end of that week.. My sister called to inform them the next day, that I was in ICU recovering from a heart attack and don't know what my recovery time is.. the said that was a quit.. I never quit.. now I am struggeling with finding a job to pay my bills since my disability cut off.. and they won't hire me back...
supposed to be work have have fun make money
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVJanuary 30, 2018
typical days work is make sure the dog food,cat food live stock feed is filled completely on everyday basis. your required to learn everything that is in the store and where its located.
Pros
vacation time after you become full time 1 year
Cons
poor management
Great place to obtain knowlegde.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed my customers the most and the interactions with them. I learned a lot about domestic pets all the way to livestock. I would break down shipments, run te register, anser phones and do invoices daily.
Fast Paced and very difficult
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 30, 2018
You need to be fit and be ready to move no slacking and need to fill everything up in the time limit that you have. You wont get breaks sometimes but when you do you better charish it.
Working for Tractors
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 29, 2018
Working for Tractor Supply in Conway Ar is not a bad job. It is okay for a part-time position. Right now I am currently looking for more hours and higher pay.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours and money
Good Overall
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, VAJanuary 29, 2018
Running freight and helping customers.
Easy advancement if you are determined and ready to work.
Management as you get to the district level needs improvement but overall the culture is fun and relaxing.
Customers are often make or break your day, good customers, good day. Bad customers, bad day.
The regulars and the people who you get to know from working there. People are much nicer than at Walmart.
Pros
Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Customers can be agitating
great place to work for
Team member (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 29, 2018
the job is a fast passed yet relaxed work environment. always buisy and the management is very undersanding. one is never bored or short of work. deffiently a job one will want to go to.
Great place to work great team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Love the people I work with they work great crew Dallas Georgia they'll let us bow was great as always with customers and customers love this was a great place to be I wish I didn't have to leave
Pros
Holiday dinners birthdays get together
Cons
Pay
Fast-paced yet relaxed work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, KYJanuary 29, 2018
There's always something to do and something going on. Good workplace culture. Great if you're organized and able to multitask. Varying work shifts daily.
Lots of people to talk to
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 28, 2018
Always something to do and people to talk to. There are many different things that are sold so there are many different types of people that frequent the store.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJanuary 26, 2018
I was a full time student and the only problem I had there was that they also worked me full time also. They did not work with me on fixing my hours. It was a hard juggle
Pros
Customers
Cons
hours
It was “Okay”
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bowie, TXJanuary 25, 2018
I worked at Tractor Supply Co for a Year and a half as a part time job while I was still in high school. For the time being it was alright but I probably wouldn’t work there again.
Pros
Long lunch, laid back
Cons
No organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.