Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

You always stay busy
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYJune 10, 2018
Overall it is a great work place. You are always busy sometimes you are running places to get something. Some days you are throwing dog food and others you are at the register
The pace is not sustainable over long periods of time.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJune 8, 2018
They cut our payroll, which meant we had less people, normally 3 to cover a 1850 sq ft building and side lot, One cashier, One manager and One cashier. It is not sustainable over a long period of time. Changed our health care plans and pricing.
Fun Place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 8, 2018
Day to Day management duties, Sales, Service, Customer Service, Inventory Management, Maintain sales and profit, Solve customer and team member issues.
quick paced , steady
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Many, LAJune 7, 2018
the management was the worst part of the job, general management and district management is lacking ethics . the company has unrealistic goals to be met.
Pros
benefits, pay, pto
Cons
short breaks lack of pay roll
Depends on the store
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHJune 6, 2018
Typically answering the phones, assisting customers, and trying to keep the store organized. Having to deal with distributions messy ship ins are the hardest part, it doesn't typically make sense, as well as having to hang up hundreds of signs every single week for them to only be up for like 4 days.
Ok beginner job.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 6, 2018
Good for a high school student, but once you graduate, get outta there, raises are pitiful and rare, while promotions are pretty much unheard of, they hire from outside the company.
Pros
Discounts (15%)
Cons
Extremely low hours, Low pay, Bad management
The most enjoyable part of my day.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJune 6, 2018
My most enjoyable part of the day was, helping customers find what they needed and answering the phone by helping customers with the questions they called about.
Learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 6, 2018
It was a blessing working there and learning the difference in the different food for pet and also all the different supplies they sold. The clothing was always really adorable. I enjoyed meeting the frequent customers and new people.
Okay, but not for anyone who needs stability
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Green Valley, AZJune 5, 2018
It was a nice enough job. I was stuck on the cash register almost the entire time, which meant I really didn't get to learn much. The scheduling is a bit all over the place. I only saw it scheduled out to 2 weeks at the most.
I do not recommend this job if you have any seasonal allergies. Spring will be your worst enemy.
Pros
Usually you have nice folks to work with who know what they're talking about, Previous boss was willing to work with my class schedule.
Cons
Hard to plan ahead since the schedule will be pretty sudden, bad for allergies, bad mix if you're still in college.
Tractor Supply
Cashier/Clothing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 5, 2018
I was a clothing specialist and a cashier it was basic starter position with little room for growth. The leadership did not promote growing within and made it hard to advance.
Some Shady Dealings
Customer Solutions Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 4, 2018
I worked with alot of great people. They did not help those with certain skills or proper education to advance from the department I was in. Overall, the company is great especially their benefits.
It was quite different.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wickenburg, AZJune 4, 2018
It would have been a great place to work, but I could not deal with the constant drama of some of the Co workers. I loved the job itself, however, the way they mistreated a co worker of mine at the time that's disabled is what made me leave.
Pros
Friendly customers.
Cons
Drama.
Best job ever!
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 4, 2018
I worked for tractor supply for 4 years and only left due to life changes. They provide great opportunities for growth and the management was always so encouraging and flexible when it came to scheduling around school or other jobs.
Ok work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 4, 2018
I would not go back they are not nice to the employees at all and when you do something extra they take advantage of you i loved the work but it could have been betere
overall
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, SC 29440June 3, 2018
Overall it is a decent job but does not have a lot of room for advancements and getting a raise is very hard even after it was promised. It is more of a part-time job, really looking for something better.
Pros
Willing to work around your shedule
Cons
no benefits, low pay, no advacements
Fun fast-pace retail job with the occasional dog
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 2, 2018
It can be a very physical and dirty job, but you will learn all the normal retail processes. The Management is hit or miss depending on what store your at, but overall they do care about their people and the same can be for the culture of the workplace. The hardest part of the job for me was communication between management, but I feel this is a big part of retail jobs in general. I enjoy the physical part of the job and the fact that we allow animals in the store.
Pros
great full time benefits, fun people, animals, supports fundraising, physical
Cons
full time hours not even close to 40 hrs, management not always the best
Sucks
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NMJune 2, 2018
As far as the management was concerned, all they cared about was getting their egos stroked by upper management. I was cut on hours being the receiver, threatened to be written up,and tossed everything that management didn't want to do or knew about. I am letting the community know what a messed up company it is.
Turn Over in empoyees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEJune 1, 2018
Company doesn't pay well and expects a lot. The turn over was tremendous. I was assistant manager and expected to do all the work of the manager. We were always short staffed and never got our work caught up.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Bad pay and turn over
ok place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 1, 2018
this place was a great place to work till I was being accused of stuff and come to find out it was the manager that was doing it to feed his addiction to narcotics.
Pros
Cons
horrible manager short breaks
fun to work
ASSISTANT DISTRUBUTOR, TSC (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONJune 1, 2018
The place is full of people that you can learn from and who are willing to teach you. From a very supportive and team focused environment to a very customer oriented service.
Pros
Understanding managers and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.