Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,472 reviews
Enjoyable and fun job with the right coworkers.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Snyder, TXNovember 21, 2018
If you have the right coworkers the job is enjoyable. You can make good connections with repeat customers and help make their time in the store more enjoyable as well.
High Stress, Low rewards.
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, INNovember 20, 2018
Just save yourself the headache and don't work there. They expect your to move at a pace that is unreasonable. All in all a terrible place to work because of the rate system.
Rewarding and fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZNovember 20, 2018
As a Team Member yours days would consist of customer service, stocking, cleaning and cash handling. The workplace culture was have fun while you make money. The hardest part of the job is when it was slow and you were tied to the front of the store.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Not getting a lot of hours
Good Company
3rd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 20, 2018
Good company with a strong history in the farming industry. Over all training is good with standardized SOPs to ensure consistency which is good for constant shift work.
Pros
Good structure
Cons
Alot of weekend work
A Hoot to Work Here!
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raton, NMNovember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with the customers here and all the animals! I hated to leave there. The discounts we got were great. the people there actually live by their mission and values. honest hard working co workers are the best ever!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Hard work
Stressful place to work not fun at all
HEAD CASHIER/TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTNovember 19, 2018
Come in to work the manager on duty will tell you what to do and when you would call for help or backup at the register no one would come up until you called them 3-4 times. The management treated the employees poor and every worker hated going to work because we were under paided for the amount of work and stressful situations we had to go through.
Pros
make friends
Cons
management, poor pay, stressful situations every single day
Fun eventful environment
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GANovember 18, 2018
The people just always keep me smiling. The customers, my coworkers, the management, the animals that come through. The whole workplace is just very relaxing and safe environment to work for.
Pros
Great breaks
Cons
Short staffed
Overall great place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 17, 2018
I've had a great run at TSC. The only thing bad to say is that there is a lack of advancement. After you become a Store Manager you have to be a part of a very special group of pre-chosen people. My supervisor rarely asks what my career goals are and shows no interest in helping meet my career goals. Regional management can be very unprofessional and dismissive. They always ask what they can do for you but when you do speak up about an issue, rarely is it ever taken care of.
Pros
discount, balance, customers
Cons
out of touch leadership, lack of advancement opportunity
fast-paced but smooth working business
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CANovember 17, 2018
scheduling could be better, sometimes wouldn't get time off even if asked many weeks beforehand due to poor scheduling.
most workers get along well and are even friends outside of work, others not so much. could be less dramatic.
hardest part would be asking for time off; showing that it really isnt a bad job, not very stressful, filled with good people, just has its ups and downs.
most enjoyable part is the customers becoming so close after becoming frequent visitors, also the coworkers having fun was a frequent occurance and it makes the atmosphere all the better.
Slow paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working with the customer base, however, employee training was lacking. It was a very laid back environment but a lot of responsibility was typically placed on one or two cashiers
great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNNovember 15, 2018
TSC is a good company to work for but I wish their pay scale was more competitive with the businesses around them. This would allow them to hire that appropriate number of staff to maintain store quality and take care of customer needs.
Ok
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, PANovember 15, 2018
I did move up from part time to full time sorta fast. Went from cashier to ASM and MGR training within 3 years. But I had to push my way up the chain.
Pros
Somewhat flexible
Cons
Somewhat flexible
Nor enough staff
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 14, 2018
The floor was usually understaffed for the amount of business it receives. Its difficult to provide top notch customer service or fulfill daily expectations when there aren't enough personnel.
Pros
Teamwork, benefits, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Understaffed. Understaffed.
Work focused and little part-time opportunity.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCNovember 14, 2018
While one may assume a typical day at work would be consumed with helping customers, it was not. Typically, I would work exclusively loading feed bags and freight with little customer interaction. The workplace culture was alright. The one saving grace of Tractor Supply was the good management team.
Pros
discounts, management, breaks
Cons
Dirty, heavy feed bags, 5am shifts
A great company gone bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYNovember 14, 2018
As a store Manager, we were required to work 52 hours per week, but often had to work 60+. Upper management has unrealistic goals for labor hours available.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Poor pay. not enough labor
Productive and fun place to work .
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Big Rapids, MINovember 13, 2018
Great place to work . Full of fun people and very nice customers. Very bless to be working at TSC! I would recommend the job to anyone especially college students .
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 13, 2018
A typical retail job. That help push me into being a better person. Helps teach people customer service and how to handle stressful situations. Learned more about the company.
Introverts
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTNovember 13, 2018
Introverts shouldn't manage retail stores. They cannot easily engage in conversation with customers which is key in making sales. They cannot easily communicate with employees which is key for scheduling, job performance, and overall work environment.
Awesome place to work with. Co workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 12, 2018
Everything is awesome to work at tractor supply the only bad thing is the pay. I believe they can do better but TSC Is just greedy. Aside from the pay everything is good.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
Healthcare, benefits, and pay.
Good companywith benefits.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCNovember 12, 2018
Good company to work for with some opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate..the pay needs to be a little more competitive. It is also a very physical job.
Pros
Chance to learn a lot about farming and outdoor equipment.
Cons
Problems keeping people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.