Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Decent
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 12, 2018
This is not an ideal place to work if you want to be able to move up. Associates are allowed to play too much and very rarely get enough work done. They have very poor management. This would not be a long term place of work.
Pros
Long Breaks
Didn't like it
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burkburnett, TXJuly 11, 2018
I did not like working at Tractor supply for one they hire people that have no clue about livestock or anything else. I think if your going to work around animal health you need to know about all of it.
Not a good balance of work and home
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 11, 2018
Not a good balance of work and home, could not seen to get a scheduled that balanced home life with work. was constantly having to ask for weekends off to spend time with my child.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Scedual
Fast paced working environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work with the opportunity to learn something new everyday. I never realized how big the inventory was until I started working there. Time passes very quickly and you seem to never stop moving,it's a great workout .The best part of the job is meeting new people and their pets as well as learning about their animals , lifestyle and being able to help them by offering our products. I enjoy the variety of pets that we get to see daily.We are a small group of employees so you all work closely together. They offer great benefits and a 15% discount..
Pros
Great benefits, employee discount, large variety of products
Cons
Pay rate could be better, Short staffed
It is a nice place to work overall.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 11, 2018
No room for advancements. Need a secure job with benefits. Little hours available weekly. Nice and friendly place with friendly associates. Customers are helped from the minute they walk in until the minute they leave. Carry out help is offered.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
No benefits.
It’s a fun and fast paced retail setting
Shipping/Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIJuly 10, 2018
I am the shipping/receiving manager and it’s a fun and exciting position for TSC. There are new and daily challenges every day but it’s worth it. It’s a different retail setting than most stores and it’s nice to be able to connect with the customers through similar hobbies like farming or gardening.
Country Fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJuly 10, 2018
Tractor supply is a great place for a first job. As they do not offer many chances to advance in the stores, they do value teamwork. Which makes this working environment a great place to start towards a career.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of advancement
Fun place to work
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 10, 2018
Had good manager and co workers, fun place to work. I would have liked to have more hours. I relocated to South Carolina to work in welding field. Recently certified though Midwest Tech Institute.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
I loved working for tractor supply!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TX 75455July 10, 2018
I had a blast working for this company. We were close, like a family. We often disagreed on certain subjects regarding the mission, but things were always resolved without conflict.
Pros
free lunches for birthdays
Cons
N/a
Bad Manager
Not getting retaliated against (Current Employee) –  Because this company doesJuly 10, 2018
Not a bad company but the payroll vs the job demands are ridiculous hard to provide legendary customer service when the work load is constantly piled to high with no realistic payroll to get anything done, Then you add in the burned out angry guy called a manager that works about 40 hrs a week instead of his 52 and leaves his store hanging all the time and cries and complains and cusses why nothing’s done. Bad morale in this store all the good people leave like I will be. Terrible lazy manager but from what I hear from other stores it’s mostly the same everywhere in the company. The mission and values really need revised or at least practiced and not preached. Company is growing to fast and is losing its way. I
Pros
Could be better with the right manager
Cons
Terrible pay for the amount of work. Lazy manager. Bad morale.
Productive/ fun workplace
Back room stocker (Former Employee) –  Newport, PAJuly 5, 2018
The company itself changes it's layout of the floor plan often. This is indicitive of it's semi aggressive sales perogative, they offer a monthly bonus if sales exceed expectation based on a prediction. It expects the workers to do the work they are paid for and to get rewarded for outstanding achievement.
Pros
Store managers are 99.99% of the time amazing
Cons
The music selection over the comms system is horrid.
fast paced
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJuly 5, 2018
Not very good to employees, workers weren't paid fairly, the work wasn't evenly distributed among the workers, all around bad working conditions. Never really had stable upper management
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
high turn over rate
Not a bad place, but not the best
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 4, 2018
There are good stores to work and then there are some that are just terrible. I have work at one from the best to the worst, and I rate it from how me and my team got along and how well the store functioned while I was there.
Laid Back
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lawrence KsJuly 4, 2018
Relaxed and comfortable place to work, organized great customer service and knowledge of products. Open variety of product, open 7 days a week, had great leadership
Awful workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 3, 2018
From the day I was hired it was always being harassed by management. Not enough training what so ever and very bad attitudes from management. Not enough time given to complete tasks and then written up for not enough time. Constantly scheduled one manager and one cashier which resulted in having a customer pile up and chores pile up before leaving. I don't reccomend anyone take this position because it is not worth the stress. Take longer to find a job that won't be a temporary fix.
Pros
Cons
Awful management.
Horrible
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 3, 2018
The pay for the amount of work required is not okay. You don't really get acknowledged for the hard work you do, and it almost feels as though you are taken advantage of. I believe strongly in the triangle effect within a company as far as you taking care of your customers, your customers taking care of you and your company taking care of you. If the company doesn't take care of the employees, you're going to have employees that don't care about it's customers, which I see a lot within the job. It's really unfortunate considering I see a lot of potential in TSC
Just a job
Team member (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2018
Work hard, decent co-workers. Manager is great, but grossly overburdened. Pay is extremely low for the area and the level of responsibility. Never enough workers to function effectively and safely.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Stressful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Midland, NCJuly 2, 2018
The District Managers ask for stores to do things that are impossible, especially for the amount of pay and number of employees available. Communication within a store is good but from stores to upper level management there is no communication. Cashiers have to ask every customer a minimum of about 5 questions during checkout which makes every customer become impatient and mad. My store manager had to work every day from open to close just to keep up with the requirements from corporate.
Pros
Good people to work with, learning experience, decent discount
Cons
Stressful, never know your schedule, can never make corporate happy
A great company for the Ag. industry
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHJuly 2, 2018
Taking care of customers needs from small animal to large and hobby farms to large grain farmers needs. Gained an vast amount of knowledge of ag. retail.
Well rounded community
Store Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wynne, ARJuly 1, 2018
Very relaxed but can be fast paced and everyone gets along well. The customers are almost never rude. The times can be changed to fit your lifestyle better.
Pros
Discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.