Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

It's an okay environment for the younger generation to work in
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  LebaNovember 22, 2017
Decent place to work. Freight is fast paced, lots of foot traffic. Coworkers are all nice, days off are sometimes hard to get scheduled. But they are willing to work with schedules for school and other jobs.
Cut throat
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 21, 2017
Managers fine greatly care about employees, they see them as replaceable. Customers are allowed to treat employees terribly and if they complain about you for not kissing butt, you get talked to and written up and told it’s your fault. It’s always guilty until proven innocent
Busy and productive work area
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLNovember 21, 2017
This was an upbeat face paced place to work. Great customers and lots of workload to stay and keep busy. Management is good and trying to turn the store around for the better. Some things that they could work on is hiring more people so we are not always short staffed and be aware of in and out times, because a majority of the time we were busy or too much unfinished work that you would not get off at your scheduled time. Other than that if I didn't move I would still be working there.
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
The schedule
Tractor supply
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tractor supply TiltonNovember 20, 2017
It wasn't a bad place to work but the management was like a revolving door. I had 4 managers in a year and went through at least 2 dozen team members.
Lots of hustle for little pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2017
Your work environment depends entirely on your general manager. Be prepared to hustle. A background knowledge in agriculture is recommended, but not required.
good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXNovember 17, 2017
Great work place! Long days but a great first job! Great environment. Learned retail. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers. I would recommend this job to anyone.
a good start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, TXNovember 16, 2017
this place here is fantastic I would highly recommend working here if you want a send relaxed placed work also the customers here are typically happy to be here
Poor Leadership
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILNovember 16, 2017
My last store manager was lazy and put all of his roles and responsibility on me. The district manager was just as bad. He had his "golden" children and would protect them on everything.
Pros
discounts
Cons
very hard to advance in company
Fun energetic
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed the customers that came into the store and had great team members. But I felt you got worked way to hard for how much you got paid, and the manger to my opinion takes advantage of you especially if you don't say no. But overall I really enjoyed working there
This is my FUN job
Store Team Member (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 16, 2017
Really enjoy working there, most of the customers are great. Then there are some stinkers that think you are their servant. It all works out in the end the great customers far outnumber the stinkers.
Great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newberry, FLNovember 15, 2017
This company was great to work for. The main company really cares about their employees. The pay was not the best but the benefits were nice. The payroll was low so they couldnt pay much
Managment
Receiver/Inventory management (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 14, 2017
At the time I worked at Tractor Supply they were going through management change. It was pretty cut throat at the time. The new manager has changed the environment to a more professional place to work.
Manly Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 13, 2017
You are trained to run the store, you learn about all the things you need to know to run a farm, the environment was great because we all opened to store together, the hardest part of the job may be to convince a customer to purchase a high end item.
Pros
Stock options and paid-holidays
Cons
Having to be at work when everybody else wants off work
it was never what a job should be.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXNovember 13, 2017
they hired me at 17 to witch i did not lie about but i was given the job anyway, then i was irregularly payed due to my age and was under paid compared to what we has agreed to. i was also treated unfairly do to my age, i would not recommend working their unless you're over the age of twenty four.
horrible place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Patterson, NYNovember 12, 2017
tractor supplys in the pawling new york new milford areas are horrible with customer service. thus in the patterson new york store the manager belinda is very rude to all employees and customers. doesnt care if you have any health issues or any big problems causing you to miss a day you cant socialize with your coworkers unless its off the clock or to tell someone to do something horrible place to work
Pros
customers amazing and animal friendly
Cons
half hour lunch one 15 min break for an 8 hour shift
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CANovember 11, 2017
Great company to work for! Managed very well, great benefits and fair compensation. Company offers good advancement opportunities, good incentive to stay.
Wonderful Company to work for depending on location
Receiver/Assistant Store Manager/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  West Haven, UTNovember 10, 2017
Tractor Supply has wonderful Values and stands by all of them. As a company, they are wonderful. They are customer service driven and will go out of their way to maintain the 'local business' feel to local farmers. Tractor Supply supports a positive work/life balance and the majority of their managers will back that up creating a feeling of family within the group of team members. Unfortunately, recent management changes have pulled the legendary customer service away from their customer base and divided the team.
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
Management has lost focus on who keeps them in business
fun place to work with little leadership and order
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYNovember 10, 2017
Was unable to keep a steady schedule. bounced from 30-32 hours to 40-60 hours. hard to keep a budget, at the time there wasn't any assistance from management to pick up the slack when a lower management employee was out ill but our people were always sent to cover for other stores.
Cons
lack of coverage for breaks, healthcare expensive
Hard work never hurts
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXNovember 9, 2017
Friendly employees but manager left during my first 2 weeks. The store ran without a Store manager for 6 months but the Assistant manager was great. She should have been promoted instead of the person they brought in. He was not consistent in enforcing policies and wasn't there way too often.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Hard work and heavy items
Tractor Supply customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WINovember 9, 2017
Right now I spend a lot of time running cash register. I like Tuesdays and Wednesdays because the truck load came in and I stay busy and then I feel as if I have accomplished something. If the store is busy with customers I like that also because I am able to help people find what they need. When it is slow and no product to put out then I go on the computer at the register and try to find things and look things up to get myself more familiar with the computer so when asked I can be more helpful to customers. The most enjoyable part about my job is when I know I helped someone out and they go away happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.