Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Long culture of respect and appreciation for employees shifting to devaluing of employees and no concern for the work/home life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXOctober 10, 2018
This company has grown to the point where communication has been all but lost and general direction for stores and company overall seems to be very scattered and disorganized. Very little concern seems to be given any longer to salaried employees and ever increasing demands without increasing compensation are placed on salaried manager.
Extremely fast paced (depending on where your store is located)
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newberry, FLOctober 9, 2018
Our store was in a little country town but it was one of the only feed stores so it was always busy. Constantly filling feed on shelves and breaking down pallets in the back.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Only a 15% discount
Horrible experience Managment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Walpole, NHOctober 9, 2018
What a terrible place to work Employees that are Loyal do not stand a chance I worked for company for close to 3 years always enjoyed it had great customers .The management is horrible district manager you can't trust . I can't believe this company lets the Loyal employee suffer because of Extremely poor management I would not recommend working for TSC Bad Experience !!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Onley, VA 23418October 9, 2018
Tractor Supply is an interesting place. The product variety is enormous, encompassing farming, pets and livestock, gardening, any outdoor activity the DELMARVA peninsula offers.
Great company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Andrews, TXOctober 9, 2018
Great company, a lot of opportunities for growth. It didn’t take me long at all from going from a part time cashier to assistant manager. I started off as a part time cashier and worked and strived hard to get where I am today. It’s a very fast paced work environment and I love the challenges. Staying busy and organized is what I enjoy.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Hours worked not much time for family
This company stands behind its mission and values
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 9, 2018
Never a dull moment
Collaborate with the project team
Work hard play hard
work life balance can be challenge
fun place to work they like to give you free stuff (company jackets, t-shirts, lunch bags)
Pros
Lunch and learns; food trucks
Cons
Medical benefits are changing to high ded
No to tsc
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCOctober 8, 2018
I gave TSC 5 years of my life and was taken advantage of every opportunity given. If you have a family that you care about then I would highly recommend looking at another company.
Great Starter job for high school students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCOctober 5, 2018
Can be very strenuous, hard work for minimum pay. They only do annual raises and from what I understand it will only be a few cents which honestly isn't worth all the hard work unless you plan on going into management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, hard work
workplace integrity
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 4, 2018
Fun work place serving agriculture customers.
Always a learning process.
Management encourages teamwork.
working hard,and having fun,with high standards and integrity.
Pros
working with farming community.
Cons
health care
Thriving company
Interim Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 4, 2018
Growing company, with competitive pay and good benefits. The
Company operates strictly by its missions and values, which makes it a fair and fun work place.
It is a great environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 3, 2018
Working at tractor supply has been great. I work with great people and have a great manager. I would highly recommend for a first job, they are very helpful in teaching you everything you need to know.
Pros
Will work around your school schedule
Cons
Short breaks, stand in one place all day
Great school job
STOCKROOM & SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAOctober 3, 2018
While I worked at Tractor Supply Company, I was in high school at the time. They had great flexibility for hours, however, management had some serious issues. I went through about 6 different managers in my short year of working there.
customers are great and employees are great
Team Member (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 3, 2018
Its an ok place to work but no room to advance, has great customers and employees but the pay isn't that great for the work you do and your schedule is different from week to week.
Productive and Fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 2, 2018
All the coworkers get along and it makes the day go by faster! I've learned how to deal with angry customers and how to calm them down and work with them.
Horrible pay for the amount of work expected
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minden, LAOctober 2, 2018
Will wear you down, doesn't pay enough for workload, nothing you do is good enough, management is a joke, never enough help on floor,gossips about all
Pros
Cons
Alot to list
Boring place to work
Freight Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNOctober 1, 2018
My job duties included stocking the back all day. It was fun to see what all they had in stock for future ideas. I would use my discount often since I have a farm back home. I wasn't my type or ideal job setting but it worked for the time being
Horrible Place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  TNOctober 1, 2018
Recruited with the Promise of a management position due to my work experience. Position was given to someone else without even an explanation. Constantly not being able to take meals due to low staffing/poor scheduling, harassment about missing a day due to personal reasons and being told to work off the clock to do training. No accountability for associates who don't perform. Company is beyond bad and doesn't seem to follow its "Core" Values at all. Very disappointed since the customers tend to be very friendly and understanding.
Expendable
MHE Operator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 1, 2018
Their turnover rate is extremely high. Little to no raises, advancement is by favoritism, no union so your at the mercy of management. Gm and Agm never really there
Terrible manager
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 1, 2018
This store has an awful manager and assistant manager who like to play favorites. New team members don’t mean anything to them.
New, not liked team members, get to stand on the register all day. You get yelled at for just standing at the register, but then hours later get yelled at for walking away from the register. The CEO needs to look more into this store.
Oh and some customers get the same treatment as the employees do. I saw countless people get yelled at by this store manager, in the few months I was there.
Pros
Customers are amazing, unless the manager doesn’t like them
Cons
One break, low pay
Wonderful people, wonderful job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 29, 2018
Tractor Supply Company gave me something that no other place has had. TSC is a close-nit company. My managers really took the time to get to know me, and I was comfortable with going to them with issues or problems I had. I learned from TSC more than I have from any other job.
Pros
Friendly management, flexible hours
Cons
Not too many other workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.