Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Great place to learn about outdoors and farm life
Stocker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVOctober 13, 2018
Tractor Supply is a very friendly and community based store. Working there really gets you more involved in the surrounding communities as well as life experience.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Can be slightly overwhelming when under staffed.
Good pt job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 12, 2018
Loved working here, but all employees hours are getting cut. Great management & have met a lot of people. The team made it a blast too work, no matter what’s was going on. Good vibes.
Average
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 12, 2018
I worked full time in the summer while I was not in college and I worked 5 days a week. When I switched to part time, they scheduled around my schooling.
Pros
1 hour lunch. Competitive pay.
Growing company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 11, 2018
Tractor supply is a large company that offers good benefits and a 401 continues to let us be financially stable.It is a very demanding job turn over is high due to a lot of employees going back to school or just bettering themselves. So those of us that are still employed bust our butts with ok pay and no gratification.
Pros
15 percent employee discount
Cons
Bust your butt with no reward
Bad First Job
Part-Time, employed (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCOctober 10, 2018
It was a nightmare working with Co-Workers. No one wanted to pick up and help at the register. Security against shoplifting was low, and no help at all.
Pros
30min-1hr lunch
Cons
Everything else
Excellent place to work but....
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 10, 2018
Tractor supply was probably the most favorite job that I've had, as the receiving manager you get "the good hours" 7 am to 4 pm with weekends off! The only thing I didn't like was sometimes management and I didn't see eye to eye and the pay was not so grate for the position.
Pros
Employee discount
It was a good place to get my first job. The new manager that came in was not the greatest but it was a good work experience before college
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 10, 2018
It is a good company but is not ran the best. I would recommend to others as a good place for discounts but nothing to stay at for the future. Also good work experience to begin with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poorly ran
Great place to work if you enjoy animals and agriculture
Team Lead I/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Old Hickory, TNOctober 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my 15yrs with the company has been the customers. I have learned a lot about farm animals and what to treat them with. I have also learned a lot about different feed options for animals as well
Pros
Discount
Cons
Have to be 18yrs old to work there
Needs a lot of work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAOctober 10, 2018
If you like working with people or flexible schedules then go for it. But if your looking for a company that shows they care about their employees or what their customers actually want or if you're looking for competitive wages go elsewhere. The best experience I have had was the smiling customers and being able to get a specific day off when I needed it
Long culture of respect and appreciation for employees shifting to devaluing of employees and no concern for the work/home life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXOctober 10, 2018
This company has grown to the point where communication has been all but lost and general direction for stores and company overall seems to be very scattered and disorganized. Very little concern seems to be given any longer to salaried employees and ever increasing demands without increasing compensation are placed on salaried manager.
Extremely fast paced (depending on where your store is located)
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newberry, FLOctober 9, 2018
Our store was in a little country town but it was one of the only feed stores so it was always busy. Constantly filling feed on shelves and breaking down pallets in the back.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Only a 15% discount
Horrible experience Managment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Walpole, NHOctober 9, 2018
What a terrible place to work Employees that are Loyal do not stand a chance I worked for company for close to 3 years always enjoyed it had great customers .The management is horrible district manager you can't trust . I can't believe this company lets the Loyal employee suffer because of Extremely poor management I would not recommend working for TSC Bad Experience !!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Onley, VA 23418October 9, 2018
Tractor Supply is an interesting place. The product variety is enormous, encompassing farming, pets and livestock, gardening, any outdoor activity the DELMARVA peninsula offers.
Great company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Andrews, TXOctober 9, 2018
Great company, a lot of opportunities for growth. It didn’t take me long at all from going from a part time cashier to assistant manager. I started off as a part time cashier and worked and strived hard to get where I am today. It’s a very fast paced work environment and I love the challenges. Staying busy and organized is what I enjoy.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Hours worked not much time for family
This company stands behind its mission and values
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 9, 2018
Never a dull moment
Collaborate with the project team
Work hard play hard
work life balance can be challenge
fun place to work they like to give you free stuff (company jackets, t-shirts, lunch bags)
Pros
Lunch and learns; food trucks
Cons
Medical benefits are changing to high ded
No to tsc
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCOctober 8, 2018
I gave TSC 5 years of my life and was taken advantage of every opportunity given. If you have a family that you care about then I would highly recommend looking at another company.
Great Starter job for high school students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCOctober 5, 2018
Can be very strenuous, hard work for minimum pay. They only do annual raises and from what I understand it will only be a few cents which honestly isn't worth all the hard work unless you plan on going into management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, hard work
workplace integrity
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 4, 2018
Fun work place serving agriculture customers.
Always a learning process.
Management encourages teamwork.
working hard,and having fun,with high standards and integrity.
Pros
working with farming community.
Cons
health care
It is a great environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 3, 2018
Working at tractor supply has been great. I work with great people and have a great manager. I would highly recommend for a first job, they are very helpful in teaching you everything you need to know.
Pros
Will work around your school schedule
Cons
Short breaks, stand in one place all day
Great school job
STOCKROOM & SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAOctober 3, 2018
While I worked at Tractor Supply Company, I was in high school at the time. They had great flexibility for hours, however, management had some serious issues. I went through about 6 different managers in my short year of working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.