Total Wine & More Employee Reviews for Front End Manager

Good
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 3, 2018
The best you will get for retail environment. Total Wine is a fun & innovating place to work. They train you on wine spirits and beer. The managers are super fun to work with, Great environment.
do not want to comment
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOFebruary 26, 2018
I was not a good fit, I felt like I was never really part of the management team. They were to clickish. they were to engrossed in selling the Winery Direct products and pushing all day to sell those products. trying to get customers to buy WD instead of the National Brands.
Only really good if you get an invested manager
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Had one manager that was very good, focused on team building and individual goals and development. Transferred stores and now have a manager with no interest in employees, too worried about being friends with people to hold them accountable to their job responsibilities.
Pros
Can make a career out of it if you have a good manager
Cons
It isn't dependent on your performance as much as who you know
Productive and Fun Environment
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 6, 2016
Working for Total Wine is an opportunity to make connections with people who have extensive knowledge on both leadership and the products they sell. While challenges can include meeting deadlines and anticipating issues, they are more than achievable with a successful team.
Work to the bone
Front End Supervisor/Wine Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 28, 2016
Work hard and don't make a lot of money. The perks are good like free wine and beer, if you qualify. Other than that its work, work, work, There is no job\life balance and the pay is low.
Pros
Free wine
Decent Place to work
Front End Team Member/ Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 25, 2014
As a cashier days can be very boring during the slow seasons, however, management is nice and attempt to make days interesting with contests. Trying to get a promotion is easy to be a supervisor moving into management is difficult. Working full-time and going to school full-time can be difficult keeping the work hours up there to pay bills but they are willing to work with you the best they can.
Fast-paced atmosphere
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2014
I loved working here! Awesome, awesome, awesome place to work. I loved the staff and working with the customers. It's very fast-paced and there is always something to do.
Pros
Great hours and scheduling
Cons
N/a
Professional, Caring, Informative
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 11, 2013
I've learned a lot about our products, human resources, building client relationships and seeking to create new ones. The fast paced environment and the independence of my role, I really click well with. The team I manage and our departments run very smooth. I can attribute much of my management skills to Total Wine.
Fast paced, interesting place to work
Front End Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DEDecember 1, 2012
Busy.
learned about different types of wines and beers, also how to lead a team.
Co-workers are a fun group of people.
Job can be stressful and demanding at times.
Pros
free lunches during the month of december
Cons
long work hours, short breaks, no set work schedule