Total Wine & More Employee Reviews for Cashier

Fun atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for total wine and more. I learned a great deal about wine and there regions. Did samples of tastings. recommendations. Product growth. I just wasn't given a fair chance for full-time.
Pros
saturday was activity days. fun selling contests
Cons
Not enough hrs. given per week
The joy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DEMarch 29, 2018
It's a great place To work specially during the holidays. Although we can get crazy busy around this time
but they do great management time with helping i 8
always recommending a new face here
Great company to work for
FETM- Cashier (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAMarch 6, 2018
I have only had 3 jobs in my life including total wine and i can say i love working for total wine. They give chances for so many different things. They allow associates to travel to assist other stores that are new get ready for opening, they give associates the chance to move up in the company, they reward the hard work all stores do.
Productive Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 3, 2018
Management is fair
Co-workers are friendly
customers are friendly
there wasn't any part of the job that was difficult
the most enjoyable part of my job was getting free wine for selling by the case.
Pros
free lunch
A bit hectic at times
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLFebruary 6, 2018
It can be a little overwhelming at times if you are not use to working in a high paced job such as Total Wine and More. We deal with a lot of customers who ask for strategic things that sometimes can and cannot be found in the store. It takes patience and time working there.
nice place to work but management was difficult
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2018
After awhile it started to get very hard and the management was not willing to listen to any complaints that we had. Some of the customers were hard to please and others were very friendly.
Pros
getting away from the register
Cons
30 minute lunch
It was an okay workplace.
Cashier / Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day at work was either being hectic or very slow. Usually it was nice and busy up at the front with the registers. If I was out on the floor, I was packing out or helping people find product. Managers are... okay, at best.
Pros
30% off of wine, 10% off of spirits and beer singles.
Cons
Not being able to move up
Fun coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 2, 2018
Coworkers are great and supportive. You can ask anyone questions and they will help. Managers are fun and good to work with, they also help out on the front end when busy.
Love my customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 14, 2017
Balance till before start of work, cashier, keep area clean all day, answer phones, stock product on floor, offer new products, sign up new members, balance till at end of day and prepare the deposit.
Pros
Company supplies lunch on weekends
Cons
only a 10 min break
Fast and busy pasted
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2017
Standing on your for long periods of time, 30 minute break. I would not recommend for anyone. Pay is very low for the amount of work that you do. Management needs alot of work.
Cons
30 Minute lunch breaks
It was fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
Loved the people I worked with
& Loved the customers they where amazing if I could go back to Total Wine I would I miss my customers and co workers !
The management is usually willing to help quicjly,but there were a couple managers who treated ne very poorly. Staff nice, but competitive.
Wine Consultant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2017
It was good to get more experience in the field ,especially with the tastings. I loved that part.
I told them I wanted to be on the selling floor and to do tastings ,but they usually put me on the register., while only a few days on the selling floor.most times I couldn't get help with finding merchandise.I had to struggle.
I got quite a few opportunities to do tastings, and was very happy about that.
Pros
Working in industry
Cons
Sometimes no help, a few catty people, low pay.
Fun and productive place to work!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WAAugust 2, 2017
Great place to work! The management team is very responsive to the needs of its employees and customers! There is on-going training which allows for you to say up-to-date on new products and services so that information can be passed onto customers.
Pros
Responsive management team; on-going training
fun and productive workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 6, 2017
I loved working here and for he most part the people were very nice and helpful. But some of the management was more towards the money and less towards the employees and customers.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Management and corporate
work/ life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 8, 2017
the people that i work with are ok. management is not bad at all some are strict but very friendly. if you dont mind working long hours 10- 12 then you would enjoy this job. as for me, i do not enjoy this job at all. i feel like i live at work more than i do at home. i thought there would be a possibility for advancements, but if you do not know anything about wine nor sell the WD products then you can forgot about being promoted.
Cashiering and stocking floor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 16, 2015
I learned on how to correctly taste and describe the feel of wine. And how to juggle time on busy holiday hours.

Management and co-workers were all always on top of each other. Always knowing exactly what they should be doing which was very helpful.

The hardest part of the job was probably to sell product. I personally don't like being hounded by sales associates so I expect the same in return. And the most enjoyable part was being able to taste new product. So I could give reviews on product if I was asked.
Pros
Tasting and learning more about wine
Cons
Being a sales associate.
Worse CompanyTo Work For
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2015
If you like working all the time and all kinds of different hours then this is the job for you.

Management does not provide any sort of leadership, make you feel welcome, and one love to speak about her own employee's.

Overall, Do not work for this company
Pros
Free wine or discounts
Cons
crazy work schedule unprofessional management low pay
fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 9, 2015
working at total wine & more is awesome! being able to interact with customers and help them out with their purchases is great!
Pros
30% off of wine and products!
Cons
none on my end!
Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 8, 2014
This place started out not being a bad place to work but then it went downhill. It became awful.
Great company, fun environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 10, 2014
Loved working here but was looking for more professional work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Wine & More. Our community is ready to answer.