Total Wine & More Employee Reviews

Always on the move.
Spirits Associate (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DEJune 23, 2017
This is retail at its best. Tremendous amount of customer interaction. Need to be willing to engage customers and make recommendations with knowledge to back it up.
Pros
A lot of employee fun days
Cons
Long hours and short breaks
Great place to work, but flexibility required
Wine Associate (Current Employee) –  NCJune 23, 2017
Great job but need to be available when they say. Some degree of flex is allowed. Opportunities for promotion are available if persistent. Wine discounts and education is fantastic.
Pros
Discounts on wine, wine education is top notch
Cons
Have kids and want to work full time? Wont be the easiest...
Fun and productive part-time job.
Wine Associate (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 19, 2017
Awesome job to work at to gain customer service skills as well as sale tactics skills. Management is great and extremely informative. Great atmosphere, Decent pay for a retail job and awesome discounts. Total wine and more is a great part-time job!
Fun place to work but bad management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 19, 2017
Total wine is most definitely a cool place to work the only thing is they have very bad management who talks to employees really bad. Working at total wine you don't have a personal life because you're always there. They give free food on really busy days which is great . Good employees don't get the acknowledgement they deserve. I've learned a lot about wine & spirits working there that i am so very Grateful for.
Pros
Free lunches & free classes
Cons
Short breaks
Nice place and outstanding colleagues.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 18, 2017
Total Wine & More is an American beverage chain store which has more than 150 locations over the United States. I decided to work there because I believed there are more knowledge I can learn other than beverage.
Pros
Nice work environment, flexible schedule.
Cons
low pay
great people, fun environment
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2017
i would love to work there again. it has great emploees and employers. always got treated with the upmost respect. also, i was given many tasks very quick after working there. i would suggest it to any one.
Good company, terrible lower management
Wine and Spirits Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 13, 2017
This is a good company, upper management is actually fantastic. Most issues come from sub par management on a store level. Great for educating yourself.
Fulfilling and fun
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 10, 2017
Having worked for about 2 and a half years my knowledge on wine spirits and beer has grown quite a bit, have also developed a better work ethic and stronger customer service qualities. This job also offers opportunities in working with vendors, as well as qualifying as a Sommelier or Cicerone, which lends into winery and brewery work. Lots of Possibilities.
Overall not bad
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 9, 2017
Great management and interesting work. Work/life balance is a huge plus. Workplace culture is non-existent although they try. Compensation and benefits are seriously lacking industry and location standards
Promising company with growing pains
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 8, 2017
Total Wine started as a single store run by brothers. It has grown into a 150+ store chain across the country. However, many processes are not quite up to industry standards, and many of the departments are still going through adjustments because of the phenomenal growth. Promising future growth, but there are many things to work on still.
Great Teamwork and Communication
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 4, 2017
A typical day at work for me usually includes: stocking beer and wine, assisting customers to find product, and offering assistance to my co-workers as much as possible.

I've learned how to communicate and work as a team here. I also honed my individual work skills here as well. We wear headsets to easily communicate across the store.

Management sees that everyone is happy and their voices heard. If there's a problem, it will get resolved. Management also encourages everyone to do their best and if their best didn't happen, then there will be another day.

The hardest part of my job is when the shipments of our product come in on Tuesdays. It's a lot of product to put away and only about 2-3 of us to do it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers. I listen and learn new things everyday and I love that.
Not a long term company.
FRONT END TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2017
First off, the environment at first seems ok, especially the customers but the hours they give you and the pay IS NOT WORTH IT. The management just sits around at the front end chit chatting while everyone else works. I can't describe how many times that angered me. Let's not forget the favoritism is RIDICULOUS. Also getting written up for ridiculous things and knowing the managers don't have your back.
Pros
discounts, customers, Some co-workers.
Cons
Pay, the management.
Not what you are told!
Wine Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMay 30, 2017
The whole concept is to use a persons good human nature to make their profit! No real scheduling, total lack of respect for any employee who is not part of the management click. Very short or no breaks with very long hours. Total lack of any support, a store the size of a small Wal-Mart, and you will have 1 manager ( doubling as your only cashier, and one other employee covering wine,beer, spirits, tasting table, stocking merchandise, answering the phone, while all the while helping Guests. This would be understandable a store was on occasion short staffed, but this is at most stores because they rarely offer full time, and pay some of the lowest wages of any retailer that can then brag that as a company they have made over a billion in profit , but it,s employees have to get government help to pay their bills. ( Most staff is below Federal Poverty Level ) Total Wine & More should be ashamed of how they make their profit.
Pros
Product knowledge
Cons
You will be expected to more of everything, without compensation
Managers are managers of product and not people
Merchandiser Front end (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2017
The assistant manager in particular has been quoted as saying "I don't work weekends because i'm the scheduler""I only schedule people I like with me"
Pros
samples but cant swallow.
Cons
Bad management.
productive and busy
Merchandiser, Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  الإسكندريةMay 8, 2017
good work skill,Nice team working, Nice customer service.
All people work competitively and committed. I also love to learn new things especially as the company is most dominating in the Liquor industry.
Pros
discount in the beer and wine
work/ life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 8, 2017
the people that i work with are ok. management is not bad at all some are strict but very friendly. if you dont mind working long hours 10- 12 then you would enjoy this job. as for me, i do not enjoy this job at all. i feel like i live at work more than i do at home. i thought there would be a possibility for advancements, but if you do not know anything about wine nor sell the WD products then you can forgot about being promoted.
educational
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 7, 2017
learned a lot working here. learned about all the different wines and where they come from. some of the work was hard, lifting wine boxes and what not.
Pros
good energy
Cons
heavy lifting
Great people to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time with this company. I enjoyed my co workers as well as my customers. Although, there wasn't much movement in advancement for me. I wanted to seek a position outside of jewelry, and this was not the best fit for me.
Fun, fast paced busy corporate retail environment
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 5, 2017
Great office environment. Free parking, great perks, great place for recent college grads to gain a lot of experience in Marketing, Supply Demand, and communications.
Pros
Company perks and the office environment
Cons
None that I can think of
Great place to work!
Wine Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 1, 2017
I love my job at TWM! Everyone has respect for each other and we all work together as a team to make our customers happy. It's the best place I've worked so far!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Wine & More. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9