Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 2,461 reviews
Flexible and Challenging
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  WoodlandsJune 15, 2019
I have been in this job for nearly 2 years. Within this 2 years I was given an opportunity to learn about a few new systems.

This job is challenging and we need to meet customer's expectation.

The most accomplishing part of this job is when I am able to provide customer what they require. This allows customer to have a trust in me and they will be a recurring customer.
Productive and fun place
Laboratory Technician (Microbiology) (Former Employee) –  Buona VistaMarch 30, 2019
It is a good working environment but there isnt much advancement in this job. However, i should say that the job here is good for me as it strengthens my foundation in my science knowledge aspect.
Good work-life balance, salary and benefits
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsMarch 14, 2019
Joined as part of the project team. More guidance and help required from team members or project team, was left pretty much alone to figure things out when i hardly know the agenda and scope. Only attached to one senior who was helpful only at the beginning but got short tempered quickly when asked for help. However, this was the individual senior employee issue not so much on the company. The rest of the staff are friendly and approachable.

From my short 6 months time with the company the environment and welfare package is good with periodic bonding activities and classes, such as Go-Karts or moon cake making lessons! Makes you feel that the company actually cares more than the job.
Pros
Abundance of fun/interesting activities, friendly management, peers and stakeholders.
Cons
More direction and clarify on what the job is about
Has a good working location
Quality Assurance Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsJanuary 24, 2019
Has a good healthy social and work balance. A good prospect to achieve to the next level in the company. Also located at woodlands, just a level up from Sciex Manufacturing.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Lacking of good working culture.
Effective and Efficient People
Senior QA Technician (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 30, 2018
Currently I'm working here....

I feel comfortable working here compare to my previous employer. Friendly people and work together.... They have Goals to welcome you achieve it to better place with your goals.... Have own thermo university to bring you self to learn and motivated.
Pros
Transport
Cons
Flexible wotking hours
Nice workplace with great colleagues
Global Manufacturing Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 9, 2018
Great colleagues to work with. Challenging job opportunities and job responsibilities. Great learning experience as you will learn different things. I learned on project management as well.
big company with many opportunities
Channel Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 9, 2018
it is a really big company offering excellent products, many opportunities. however there are little collaboration between business units and divisions. everyone work on their own.
Pros
Gym access
Cons
no integration within companies
review
Assistant Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Buona VistaOctober 2, 2018
Overall a very relaxing environment

Open concepts American working environment

Individual performance to achieve the target

Friendly working environment
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
lack of direction
Great team work. Well bonded.
QA/QC (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsJune 3, 2018
Every member of the team operates as one unit. Able to work together towards a positive outcome. Management has been of great help during on job trainings.
Productive and Fun Environment
Temp. Manufacturing Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 5, 2018
This Job is very interesting as I get to do alot of hands on Improve on my technical skills as we manufacturing Medical Equipment for the clinics.

People there are very friendly and understanding and there is a pantry for us to have our on meals and lockers for us to bring put our on meals inside the lockers in the pantry.

We can treat the pantry like our own house

Overall, It was great experience
Pros
Free Lunches at times
Cons
Over time on the weekends if required
Ever growing company with focus on M&A
Multiple roles (Former Employee) –  India/ SingaporeAugust 30, 2017
I was groomed by Thermo Fisher scientific since day 1 in my career in life sciences. Will always be indebted to the company for the offer that they gave me at times of difficulty. Over the years, i grew with them as well.

Due to lack of salary enhancement, and family commitments, i had to explore opportunities outside Thermo Fisher. Love to move back with them if a challenging position opens up for me at the Directorial level.
Pros
Fantastic company with wonderful track record.
Cons
Pay rise was not that high YOY
Friendly co-workers, work-life balance
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsJuly 24, 2017
A good company to work at. There is usually work-life balance. People are friendly and willing to teach if they are free.
However, salaries can be higher.
Focus on shaping the environment by overcoming opposition to achieve results
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  MarsilingJune 22, 2017
An independent thinker who searches for my own solutions. Always on the lookout for new opportunities and new concepts.

Once an appropriate challenge is found, the desire to meet my personal goal usually inspires me to create innovative solutions and do whatever it takes to succeed.
Pros
Creative, daring and focus on results
Cons
likely to become frustrated
The job is interesting and fun
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsMay 18, 2017
The place is a good enviormemt for me to work and i wish to work again but sadly i cannot find the job back again as i got no contacts back to the company
Terrible Department
Specialist (Former Employee) –  MarsilingMarch 28, 2017
Worse department ever in the company due to the management. I have learnt how scary peers can be and how your manager can be so part of the political playing within the department. No support from the manager (director), turnover very high within the team.
Pros
Free drinks, biscuits
Cons
Political environment
Productive and fun workplace
Thermo Fisher Scientific Part-time Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed the days when I did internship with Thermo Fisher Scientific. The colleagues were nice and I really liked their culture.
Well growing Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  MarsilingJanuary 17, 2017
Good working environment and culture, colleague are helpful and willing to share their experiences. Many on going projects, good place to learn and work to gain experience in this R&D health care sector.
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Na
Productive & fun workplace
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 8, 2016
•I'm a people person. I really enjoy meeting and working with a lot of different people, and am known for being a great listener and clear communicator, whether I’m engaging with colleagues or employers.

•I'm the kind of person who knows how to execute difficult tasks with precision. I pay attention to all the details of a project. I make sure that every task is just right, but is also completed in a timely manner.

•I'm a creative thinker. I like to explore alternative solutions to problems and have an open mind about what will work best. My creativity has made me an effective team leader because I can anticipate problems and innovate solutions.

•I'm an extremely organized person who is focused on producing results. While I am always realistic when setting goals, I consistently develop ways to efficiently achieve, and often exceed, those goals.

•I enjoy solving problems, troubleshooting issues, and coming up with solutions in a timely manner. I thrive in team settings, and I think my ability to effectively communicate with others is what drives my ability to solve a variety of problems
Pros
free linches
Good working environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  MarsilingMarch 30, 2016
Internship at ThermoFisher was enjoyable because colleagues and supervisors were friendly and approachable. You may face unexpected challenges working in R&D department and attained satisfaction when problem is solved.
Bad culture and poor work ethic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MarsilingNovember 11, 2015
High red tapes and politics within the department. High staff turnover. Bad culture, poor leadership and work ethic within the department.
Pros
Good staff benefits and trainings
Cons
Bad culture and poor work ethic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.

Thermo Fisher Scientific Reviews by Location