Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 2,919 reviews
Normal workplace
Associate Manufacturing Technician / Material Handler (I) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 2, 2020
Not much challenges. Doing the routine jobscope everyday. Not that exciting of a workplace. Advancement in salary and position takes lots of time. Only good thing is they send for courses only for selected few
No Comment
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tuas SouthDecember 25, 2019
No comment. Start with daily routinue check on building and equipemnt. Followed by tier meeting and dept. meeting which occupy half of the day.
Attending to daily maintenance schedule, project followed up and end user work request.
Good company
Annual leave all good
But ot is low
Got transport service
Can try to get job
Colleagues are nice and fun but boss/working processes needs working on
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 21, 2019
even though colleagues are nice, after 5 years there is no career progression, feel under appreciated and underpaid. it used to be much better pre-acquisition.
Intern (Former Employee) –  MarsilingOctober 17, 2019
Friendly colleagues. Lots of free buffets and events. Moreover the pantry is very good! Lots of snacks provided and its a great place to relax during break time.
structured well company
Scientist II, R&D (Current Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 8, 2019
As a starting point, it is good to start from a big and well structured company that allows you to learn a lot. It is good to have different branches in the world so that you can have opportunities to work with different people and maybe travel around if you like to travel.
Pros
variety of projects
公平对待最重要和不要分正式和顾外,因为顾外的还勤劳过他们最后什么都没获得。这样对他们很不公平和心里难受,勤劳最后得到什么。
Operator (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 27, 2019
管理没有公平的对待正式员工和顾外员工的分别,加班安排的不公平。而外奖金也只有正式员工获得,顾外员工勤劳最后什么都没有。因为是顾外,那么我们做到哪里酸痛是我们的事吗?我们也不懂的怎样吃蛇,一直卖命的干活最后却得到自己辞职也没人留你。
Bias senior tech and low pay
Tech (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsJuly 3, 2019
Pay wise among the lowest if you start off. Boring job too. I do not recommend this place unless you are a old lady or uncle retiring with a rich son or daughters earning 5 digit to feed you. I remember there is some senior technician name Peter who is unbelievably bias as a senior tech in charge and did not set a good example too. Need to carry his balls and clean his shoe type. Lots of foreigner working there not willing to teach you. Lots of politics from them too. Arrogant chee ko pek guy lazing behind the the cleanroom behind too.

Good thing is lots of friends and buddies to work around with and nice pantry with free buffet food now and then. And a nice gym and grand company dinner that's all.
Pros
Company Dinners & Gym access
Cons
Hypocritical Management & bias senior tech. No future for advancement.
Poor management and growth opportunities
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 18, 2019
The first time entering thermofisher Scientific and being introduced to how the company promotes rapid growth opportunities and advancements, emphasised heavily on recognition of employees’ contributions etc.

However, none of that happened, unfortunately. The management once promised to grant a certain benefit with an acknowledgement of the extensive contributions made not only from myself but other employees from the department as well but was not fulfilled. Despite the acknowledged efforts put in, (acknowledged by the customers as well), there was no promotion given at all and the reason provided was because they could not afford to promote and it’s expensive, despite having worked for more than 4 years.

Was assigned to work way beyond the jobscope, but no incentives and recognition was given. Had an open and honest communication with the management on the reasons why some, including myself, were not granted what we should be getting but failed to give an answer except saying, “it’s personal”. Professionalism at its best.

Company couldn’t recognise the efforts of the employees hence no sustainability and quality work of the employees should be expected.
Pros
Occasional free dinner
Cons
Poor management, growth opportunities/advancements, lack of recognition of employees
Flexible and Challenging
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  WoodlandsJune 15, 2019
I have been in this job for nearly 2 years. Within this 2 years I was given an opportunity to learn about a few new systems.

This job is challenging and we need to meet customer's expectation.

The most accomplishing part of this job is when I am able to provide customer what they require. This allows customer to have a trust in me and they will be a recurring customer.
Friendly and a place to learn
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 21, 2019
Most of the workers will smile and are very friendly . The workplace gives you a good oppurtunity to learn other instruments to build and learn about the product that thermofisher produces
Pros
Free drinks at pantry
Cons
Salary not expected
Productive and fun place
Laboratory Technician (Microbiology) (Former Employee) –  Buona VistaMarch 30, 2019
It is a good working environment but there isnt much advancement in this job. However, i should say that the job here is good for me as it strengthens my foundation in my science knowledge aspect.
Good work-life balance, salary and benefits
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsMarch 14, 2019
Joined as part of the project team. More guidance and help required from team members or project team, was left pretty much alone to figure things out when i hardly know the agenda and scope. Only attached to one senior who was helpful only at the beginning but got short tempered quickly when asked for help. However, this was the individual senior employee issue not so much on the company. The rest of the staff are friendly and approachable.

From my short 6 months time with the company the environment and welfare package is good with periodic bonding activities and classes, such as Go-Karts or moon cake making lessons! Makes you feel that the company actually cares more than the job.
Pros
Abundance of fun/interesting activities, friendly management, peers and stakeholders.
Cons
More direction and clarify on what the job is about
Has a good working location
Quality Assurance Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsJanuary 24, 2019
Has a good healthy social and work balance. A good prospect to achieve to the next level in the company. Also located at woodlands, just a level up from Sciex Manufacturing.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Lacking of good working culture.
Effective and Efficient People
Senior QA Technician (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 30, 2018
Currently I'm working here....

I feel comfortable working here compare to my previous employer. Friendly people and work together.... They have Goals to welcome you achieve it to better place with your goals.... Have own thermo university to bring you self to learn and motivated.
Pros
Transport
Cons
Flexible wotking hours
Nice workplace with great colleagues
Global Manufacturing Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 9, 2018
Great colleagues to work with. Challenging job opportunities and job responsibilities. Great learning experience as you will learn different things. I learned on project management as well.
big company with many opportunities
Channel Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 9, 2018
it is a really big company offering excellent products, many opportunities. however there are little collaboration between business units and divisions. everyone work on their own.
Pros
Gym access
Cons
no integration within companies
review
Assistant Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Buona VistaOctober 2, 2018
Overall a very relaxing environment

Open concepts American working environment

Individual performance to achieve the target

Friendly working environment
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
lack of direction
Great team work. Well bonded.
QA/QC (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsJune 3, 2018
Every member of the team operates as one unit. Able to work together towards a positive outcome. Management has been of great help during on job trainings.
Productive and Fun Environment
Temp. Manufacturing Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 5, 2018
This Job is very interesting as I get to do alot of hands on Improve on my technical skills as we manufacturing Medical Equipment for the clinics.

People there are very friendly and understanding and there is a pantry for us to have our on meals and lockers for us to bring put our on meals inside the lockers in the pantry.

We can treat the pantry like our own house

Overall, It was great experience
Pros
Free Lunches at times
Cons
Over time on the weekends if required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.

Thermo Fisher Scientific Reviews by Location